Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I doubt they'll know about Kat's increasing etheric status either way. But yeah, Juliette was helping keep this all under wraps and away from the Shadow Men's notice and it made sense that they were exploiting the chaos and the abandonment of the area to hide it.

Whoops. Unless they invited Shell here on purpose to draw her into their conspiracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

what conspiracy, its just a bunch of local hoodlumns helping out

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I see this will be these will be the fashion chapters of the comic.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
if this is another shell chapter :negative:

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Aaand there's the chapter icon!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiny Myers posted:

I was discontent with the hyperfocus on Shell
You're about to have a bad week looks like

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

its a nice dress

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

CYBEReris posted:

its a nice dress

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

the fried egg dress is a bold choice

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011
there are two wolves inside of you

one is very angry that there's more focus on shell

the other thinks that is in fact a very cute oufit

both are right. namaste.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Niavmai posted:

there are two wolves inside of you

one is very angry that there's more focus on shell

the other thinks that is in fact a very cute oufit

both are right. namaste.

:hai:

I am cautiously optimistic and hope this leads somewhere - I've definitely wanted to see the Court's reaction to Kat casually turning their workforce into autonomous human beings and ascending to godhood, and it would be cool if there was something about Shell agreeing to keep the secret after seeing it firsthand - but holy poo poo if it's 5 pages of her blushing nervously about going on a date with Aata I will exhale angrily through my nose then keep reading this comic anyway because I apparently have brain problems relating to sunk cost fallacies

And credit where credit's due, I love that last panel with her extremely angry look contrasted with "THANK YOU. I LOVE THIS DRESS.". Reminds me of some of the comic's better humor moments.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the fried egg dress is a bold choice

When you think about it, fried eggs and daisies are basically the same thing

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I guess she's in civvies since she's been fired?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I just found out Kate Rusby did a cover of Only Tomorrow from the Littlest Hobo and I'm going nuts. This is the only place I could think of to post about it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Coxswain Balls posted:

I just found out Kate Rusby did a cover of Only Tomorrow from the Littlest Hobo and I'm going nuts. This is the only place I could think of to post about it.

...The gunnerkrigg court thread?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CYBEReris posted:

its a nice dress

But does it have pockets?

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

There Bias Two posted:

...The gunnerkrigg court thread?

Oh, absolutely! She's an artist Tom has talked about enjoying in the past, and while I don't want to put words in his mouth, I believe that her song Sir Eglamore was a direct inspiration for the character. Evidently the Annan Waters are named after one of her songs too.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And there's fanart of the dress already:

In the interest of mental safety, I would recommend against finding any of the artists other work. <cough>

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

*googles*

well, okay, but half this country would call that patriotic cosplay lol

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

EoRaptor posted:

And there's fanart of the dress already:

In the interest of mental safety, I would recommend against finding any of the artists other work. <cough>

Her last name must be Oyl, because that figure can best be described as Segaresque.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Potato Salad posted:

*googles*

Yeah lets maybe not devil's advocate that one.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Potato Salad posted:

*googles*

And somehow not the skeeviest picture in there.

Seriously why would you bring this to our thread EoRaptor.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Splicer posted:

And somehow not the skeeviest picture in there.

Seriously why would you bring this to our thread EoRaptor.

the horny is coming from inside the thread!

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A big flaming stink posted:

the horny is coming from inside the thread!

Would you believe this is the second piece of artwork from this artist I've posted in this thread?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

EoRaptor posted:

Would you believe this is the second piece of artwork from this artist I've posted in this thread?

not referring to you, lol

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

A.o.D. posted:

Her last name must be Oyl, because that figure can best be described as Segaresque.

I actually have been wondering if she's intended to code as transgender, and if that figures into this storyline as the New People have just gone through a transition which involves picking their new shape, and gender, and other things.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Kesper North posted:

I actually have been wondering if she's intended to code as transgender, and if that figures into this storyline as the New People have just gone through a transition which involves picking their new shape, and gender, and other things.

Last time we raised that question the answer seemed to be "no, she just got Jimmy Jim'd over time," but wow, dang, that actually would make this whole storyline a lot sharper.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rand Brittain posted:

Last time we raised that question the answer seemed to be "no, she just got Jimmy Jim'd over time," but wow, dang, that actually would make this whole storyline a lot sharper.

My issue with this type of take is that, for it to work, somebody would have to be outed. That's an easy story beat to get horrifically wrong, even with the best of intentions.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Arizona

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I think we can reasonably assume her middle initial is T.

Arizona T.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

EoRaptor posted:

My issue with this type of take is that, for it to work, somebody would have to be outed. That's an easy story beat to get horrifically wrong, even with the best of intentions.

Yeah I do not trust Tom to do it at all well

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I don't know. If Shell is transitioning and there's no storyline to accompany it, that actually sits well with me. If you can't write a good story around it, just have it happen organically and pass it off as the most normal thing in the world with no one even batting an eye.
It's also a viable strategy. If you ask me.

What the hell kind of pose was Morris doing there when Shell addresses her?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darth TNT posted:

I don't know. If Shell is transitioning and there's no storyline to accompany it, that actually sits well with me. If you can't write a good story around it, just have it happen organically and pass it off as the most normal thing in the world with no one even batting an eye.
It's also a viable strategy. If you ask me.

What the hell kind of pose was Morris doing there when Shell addresses her?

Which is exactly what I don't trust him to do. I don't think he will be capable of not attempting to make a big deal of it

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I am baffled because I legitimately can't tell if Tom is trying to tell a joke or if the character's name is actually no longer Michelle?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

...who is this Arizona person? Googling turns up very little.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Potsticker posted:

I am baffled because I legitimately can't tell if Tom is trying to tell a joke or if the character's name is actually no longer Michelle?

Arizona could be some kind of code name? Kinda corny but wouldn't put it past their organization to have odd code names for everyone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Potsticker posted:

Was that ever established? Has that something to do with Tom's apology to the followers of formspring?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 24, 2021

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Was that ever established? Has that something to do with Tom's apology to the followers of formspring?

the wiki says he named her as michelle, but the formspring link is dead, so that's probably what it is.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Text below the comic says "Her full name is Arizona Shell. Apologies to the followers of Formspring"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, when she first appeared there was a formspring he answered that Shell was short for Michelle.