Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Did this mean I get in trouble if I tell a tank who is not in tank stance to get in tank stance? Or tell a healer to quit trying to dps? It's that compelling a play style?

This isn't WoW healers are allowed to do more than press Cure once every 20 seconds. And in some cases they can out dps the actual dps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Did this mean I get in trouble if I tell a tank who is not in tank stance to get in tank stance? Or tell a healer to quit trying to dps? It's that compelling a play style?

Canonically whm's who only cast cure are killing themselves, so it's the honest healers that are playing wrong and you are just concerned for their well-being.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Are you familiar with the word compel?

If you say something like "you're a healer you don't need to dps" it seems unlikely that you would get in trouble for it despite it being a stupid thing to say.
If you say "If you don't stop dpsing I'm going to kick you" or continually harass someone about it that'll probably get you in trouble

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 12, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I would probably use a /fareasterndab emote.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

So as someone who has completely ignored eureka and hasn't even done the quest to unlock it yet (i know where it is) what would I have to do to start working on the ozma mount? Do I have to go through the chain of all of the open zones, or can I start on hydratos?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Failboattootoot posted:

Canonically whm's who only cast cure are killing themselves, so it's the honest healers that are playing wrong and you are just concerned for their well-being.

Not actually true! Sylphie's problem was not that she was only casting cure, but more that she was casting from her own health pool instead of borrowing heal-juice from the Elementals / aether / whatever. :science:

Boogalo posted:

So as someone who has completely ignored eureka and hasn't even done the quest to unlock it yet (i know where it is) what would I have to do to start working on the ozma mount? Do I have to go through the chain of all of the open zones, or can I start on hydratos?

You'd have to go through them all. Hydatos starts at elemental level 50, which is where Pyros ends. On the plus side, the relic weapon isn't actually tied to your progression through at all, so the only thing you'd have to do if you just want the Ozma mount is level up. Though you'd probably want to fiddle with the logogram system once you reach Pyros.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
A house plot finally opened up on the server that my FC has been waiting for, but it appears to be camped by bots that have not budged for 8 hours constantly checking for it to unlock.

How are we supposed to compete with that?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

First, you have to do Anemos until Level 18, then you have to do Pagos until Level 35, then you have to do Pyros until Level 50 (and maybe get 30 logograms?). And then you have to do Hydatos.

Keep in mind that this is a very long, tedious grind.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Gotta start from the beginning. Anemos takes about 8-9 hours to go from 1 to 20. I’ll let you know how long it takes to hit 35. :v:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Boogalo posted:

You have to go through the chain of all the open zones. In each zone you need to do the story, which requires levelling to the maximum level of that zone. If you are only interested in the mount, then you can completely skip the relic grind (which is separate and distinct) but hitting max level will still be a hefty time investment. Not horrible, but in no way trivial.

Start in Anemos, you can probably get the first couple levels soloing mobs (this will be dull) but your primary objective is to find the NMs that pop as fate fights in the zone, and join the train of players running between each one. Killing NMs is how you will level your character at a rate approaching acceptable.

In addition to NM farming you have a challenge log which will give you 2 full levels and change worth of exp rewards for killing enemies of certain types and elements. I recommend sitting on this until later in the week so some of the easier levels are out of the way, for better results. Do the logs every week. Groups tend to form in Anemos for it.

I highly recommend having a TV show or a nintendo DS or a switch or something. You will be playing Eureka by not playing as much as possible.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

DontMindMe posted:

A house plot finally opened up on the server that my FC has been waiting for, but it appears to be camped by bots that have not budged for 8 hours constantly checking for it to unlock.

How are we supposed to compete with that?

You'd be surprised. I have a couple of good friends on my server that have just sat there for the better part of a day to get a house, without any bot assistance. Get the piss bucket, I guess?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Putting the Ozma mount behind Eureka is more likely to make me quit outright than play through that loving garbage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That is also all assuming that AV isn't specifically designed to be as bullshit as the original so we'll see how long it takes somebody to actually clear the arsenal in the first place.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Based on early reports, the arsenal is total bullshit so AV is probably going to be awful

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Since you get ozma automatically once you clear arsenal once, theres decent chance the people who are good enough to clear it are going to do so and then not go back

so if youre late to the party then youre out of luck

strong bird
May 12, 2009

How long does it take to get a full HW (X Lux) relic these days

edit: I guess it doesn't have to be lux, I just want the orb ast weapon and for it to look like the orb

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Since you get ozma automatically once you clear arsenal once, theres decent chance the people who are good enough to clear it are going to do so and then not go back

comedy option, nobody gets the mount because it's total bullshit and not enough people want it that badly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There are 100% people who want it that badly and you know it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Truga posted:

That's exactly why I want it. If it crashes and burns without the gigantic carrot at the end of the stick, it's not worth keeping.

Remove all rewards from all content.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mordiceius posted:

Remove all rewards from all content.

this but unironically

item levels are dumb glamours own

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

strong bird posted:

edit: I guess it doesn't have to be lux, I just want the orb ast weapon and for it to look like the orb
It will take a couple of weeks, depending on how you go about things. The good thing about anima at least is that there's multiple ways to finish nearly every step, depending on what resources you want to spend, and you can a lot of the time plan ahead and work on multiple steps at the same time.

Anima's probably the easiest one to do at least, start to finish. Relic is still a loving nightmare, and Eureka has a ridiculous upfront investment.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

strong bird posted:

It's a decent grind. The big thing gating you is that you need like 7500 poetics over the steps.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you're gonna do an anima you might as well get the Lux, because the penultimate step (the one that gets you the cool fancy glowing weapon in the first place) is one of the longest and most tedious, and the final step is just a victory lap where you do a bunch of trials in sequence. You can skip the Lux if you like the original color better, I guess, but you can just buy the previous tier from the vendor anyway at that point. Yellow Terpander 4lyfe

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

homeless snail posted:

It will take a couple of weeks, depending on how you go about things. The good thing about anima at least is that there's multiple ways to finish nearly every step, depending on what resources you want to spend, and you can a lot of the time plan ahead and work on multiple steps at the same time.

Anima's probably the easiest one to do at least, start to finish. Relic is still a loving nightmare, and Eureka has a ridiculous upfront investment.

I'd rather do a dozen books than see one more chunk of umbrite. Anima is a thousand times worse than Zodiac and you'll never convince me otherwise. :colbert:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Truga posted:

this but unironically

item levels are dumb glamours own

Nope. I said all rewards. No gear drops. No glamour drops. Nothing. No reward for any content.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

comedy option, nobody gets the mount because it's total bullshit and not enough people want it that badly

There will be people who have it before the day is out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's been really fun to watch people try and puzzle out the arsenal bosses

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

drat. I guess I can't just ignore Hydatos and go back to Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

drat. I guess I can't just ignore Hydatos and go back to Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

you should absolutely ignore hydatos

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wacky Delly posted:

It's a decent grind. The big thing gating you is that you need like 7500 poetics over the steps.
You can be much more efficient with your time than just throwing a million poetics at it though. That's the dumb way to do it

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

You can be much more efficient with your time than just throwing a million poetics at it though. That's the dumb way to do it

Umbrite alone is 6k poetics.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

orcane posted:

It used to be 24k poetics, you people doing it now are living the good life in comparison.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

homeless snail posted:

orcane posted:

You need so much just for the umbrite, then you can throw extra poetics for the rest of the sand. The light step requires 500 poetics too. And the umbrite light stage where you're getting the drops for doing lldr can be bought for poetics as well.

All that said, you can get poetics however you want. I had enough from doing lldr daily on off classes leveling them to 70 to get through a couple umbrite stages.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I'm glad all the classes I want are leveled so I have nothing to spend poetics on but anima parts. I did one emergency mission in the Diadem and it was a shitshow, I don't have much hope the arsenal will be better. I'll probably get a couple more Anemos weapons and then never go back in again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

you should absolutely ignore hydatos

But sunken cost. :(

Also, I need to finish collecting my cards. And I want Ozma.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

orcane posted:

I'm constantly at a loss for what to spend my poetics on so that sounds p cool.

I think I already did that step though before I let my sub lapse. I should really continue that quest chain.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But sunken cost. :(

Also, I need to finish collecting my cards. And I want Ozma.

I'm right there with you. Its really the only reason I ended up doing pyros + now hydatos is because I wanted to finish out the relic weapon I started.

Ozma would be really cool but having to jump through a bunch pf hoops just to gain entrance to a dungeon where you are counting on 55 other random people with extremely punishing failures might just be past my limit of what Im willing to put up with.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm constantly at a loss for what to spend my poetics on so that sounds p cool.

I think I already did that step though before I let my sub lapse. I should really continue that quest chain.
Go for it. It has been my main poetics sink since late HW, it's the best part about anima weapons - you can make a lot of passive progress on them while doing anything that yields poetics.

Only up to 6500 poetics are "mandatory" but there are plenty of opportunities on the way to speed up the process with poetics (and you can't spend them on the later part materials until you reach those with your first relic, so might as well spend them instead of sitting on capped poetics):

Step 1 - grind fates in HW zones (no alternative)
Step 2 - go through a bunch of level 50 hard mode and HW leveling dungeons (no alternative)
Step 3 - buy total of 4 x 10 unidentified materials (150 poetics each, can also bought for beast tribe tokens, alex drops, allied seals and maps) and 4 x 4 special items (craft, buy them for 5000 GC seals each, or buy off market board)
Step 4 - collect 5 aether oil (5 weeks of the Crystal Tower weekly quest or buy them for 350 poetics each)
Step 5 - collect up to 80 umbrite (with RNG luck this can get down to 75 or even 70 but don't count on it) for 75 poetics each (no alternative), and about 35 to 40 crystal sand (various options, the popular ones are: poetics, GC seals/moonstones, materia, blue scrip tokens from red scrips, amber encased vilekins from HW combat leve chests)
Step 6 - collect 50 singing clusters (daily 50/60dr quest + weekly quest for 3x LLDR, or buy them for 40 poetics each)
Step 7 - collect 15 pneumite (100 poetics each, or 4000 GC seals each), farm light
Step 8 - victory lap through trials, buy archaic enchanted ink for 500 poetics

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FF14 has easily the nicest online community I've seen in a game so I wonder what prompted the rule changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

FactsAreUseless posted:

FF14 has easily the nicest online community I've seen in a game so I wonder what prompted the rule changes

Wow transplants most likely.