Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

lmao at the men who get obsessed with a woman they don't even know and think she must be perfect and obsess over her for the rest of their lives, never even knowing that she bounces checks and loves anime

wow, I can't wait to show her my Fullmetal Alchemist fan fiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Be cremated and baked into the food served at the wake. At the wake's conclusion play a prerecorded message wherein I explain that I'll be with them forever, and why. Cackle madly from beyond the grave.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"i love this random girl!!!"

random girl: *drawing detailed graphic of dog penises in the 'omegaverse' supernatural fan fiction alternate reality* "cloacal womb"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
"shake my lower abdomen"

C'mon dude, you're not fooling anyone with that phrasing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

"shake my lower abdomen"

technically it's a panniculus

bet that perfect and undoubtedly beautiful 22 year old woman would be all over that panniculus

she'd love me, and the panniculus

our child shall be named Gunty

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The baby thing is weird and would put me off as well

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pick posted:

bet that perfect and undoubtedly beautiful 22 year old woman would be all over that panniculus

"Guntilda" if it's a girl

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Pick posted:

This is somehow grosser than your dog dick fan fic post, well done.

He does describe the 22 year old as a better friend than his wife though, so maybe they actually do know each other? Surely no one would use that phrasing for someone he barely knows.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

This is somehow grosser than your dog dick fan fic post, well done.

He does describe the 22 year old as a better friend than his wife though, so maybe they actually do know each other? Surely no one would use that phrasing for someone he barely knows.

yes, surely no one has ever been deluded about their level of connectedness with a person they very much wanted to pork

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Pick posted:

funeral homes do cremations. where do you think it is done. crematories are part of funeral homes man.

margin on cremations is like 1/5-half that of burial
so even the family funeral homes will try to upsell you

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Outrail posted:

Dude lost his virginity at age 27 to his long distance girlfriend. Relevent?

it's phrased in a confusing way but I'm reasonably sure the long distance bit was four years ago when he was 23

what you're implying is still probably relevant

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He was 22 in love with a 17 year old, but takes issue with his current girlfriend trying to legally gently caress him as a baby.

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Short and sweet.

(New York) Girlfriend is pregnant. I want the baby, she wants to give up for adoption. What does the law say?

quote:

My girlfriend is 5 months pregnant and we can't seem to be able to agree on what to do with the baby. I absolutely want this child and want to be a father however she wants to give up the child for adoption to a couple that she has found.

We talk about it all the time, and she always ends up saying "it's ultimately my decision, not yours" and I don't know to what extent that is true.

Some background: I'm 20 and have a job. She is 22 and student. We have been together for 2 years. We live in Buffalo, New York.

Is she right that it is her decision and not mine? And if not, how can I ensure that she can't give up the child for adoption behind my back?

(New York) Girlfriend is pregnant. I want the baby, she wants to give up for adoption. What does the law say? (Update)

quote:

I guess it's time for me to post an update to this post. I don't have a happy update however. So much has happened.

On the advice of this sub I went to a lawyer and did all the necessary paperwork. My girlfriend changed her mind a few times between wanting to raise the baby with me and wanting adoption but in the final weeks of the pregnancy she told me that I'm not the father at all. I thought she was lying so I asked to do a test. We went and did one of the prebirth blood tests and the result was negative. She was telling the truth. I wasn't the father.

I broke up with her her then. I was so heartbroken. She had cheated on me and made me think I was going to be a father for months. I was curious about who the father was though. I asked her and she told me that it's the man who is going to adopt the child from her! Yes. This man hosed my girlfriend and now wants to adopt his own baby from my girlfriend with his wife who had no idea.

I thought his wife deserves to know so I went to their house (when he wasn't home) and told his wife everything. She had a complete breakdown in front of me. I felt sad that I caused this but I imagine it was her husband who cheated on her that really caused it. She called my now ex girlfriend to get confirmation and she told her the truth then called her husband and that was when I left.

Now the baby is born and I've heard that my ex girlfriend and the man have moved in together in an apartment and are raising the baby! I guess his wife will divorce him soon.

It will take me years to recover from this. I thank you for your advice and help. It's sad that things turned out this way and I hope this baby grows up to be a decent person despite being raised by two cheaters.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Short and sweet.

(New York) Girlfriend is pregnant. I want the baby, she wants to give up for adoption. What does the law say?

(New York) Girlfriend is pregnant. I want the baby, she wants to give up for adoption. What does the law say? (Update)

I need to know how old the other guy and his wife are. Any takes on 'Guy is late 30's, wife is late 20's/early 30's and they got married about 5 years previously?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

It will take me years to recover from this.

:fuckoff:

What is it with these entitled womb-jackers, anyway?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Absurd Alhazred posted:

:fuckoff:

What is it with these entitled womb-jackers, anyway?

Are you angry at the girl, the guy or the other guy in this scenario?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

Are you angry at the girl, the guy or the other guy in this scenario?

The guy. I mean, good thing in this case it didn't work out for him because it turns out he wasn't the father after all, but you know after they'd break up he'd file for custody and then child support.

For all I know the other guy was why she wasn't just getting an abortion, but if they ended up moving in together I guess it's different.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The guy. I mean, good thing in this case it didn't work out for him because it turns out he wasn't the father after all, but you know after they'd break up he'd file for custody and then child support.

For all I know the other guy was why she wasn't just getting an abortion, but if they ended up moving in together I guess it's different.

Wow.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"I'm using a lawyer to force this woman I think I impregnated to do what I want with this fetus she's bringing to term" is never going to have my sympathy. :shrug:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

what? is it a bad thing if the father wants it instead of it being adopted?

e: oh wait didnt read the whole thing and believed they where already broken up

datajugend fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 30, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

datajugend posted:

what? is it a bad thing if the father wants it instead of it being adopted?

Yeah, unless he adopts it. Otherwise the next update is going to be "well, I need all this financial help, so I'm going to file for child support, thanks Reddit!"

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"I'm using a lawyer to force this woman I think I impregnated to do what I want with this fetus she's bringing to term" is never going to have my sympathy. :shrug:

Adoption is not abortion and he is one of the parents. It would be an extremely hosed up state of affairs if one parent could unilaterally put a child up for adoption.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Did I misread something? She wasn't pushing for an abortion in the first place. It's her right to choose whether to carry a fetus to term but I don't know of any places that allow a mother to terminate the father's parental rights after the baby is born without his consent. I guess she could have said "irrevocably give up your rights in advance or I'm getting an abortion" but that's not what the story claimed.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Getting deja vu here

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Nowhere can you legally force a woman to take a baby to term. She was trying to adopt the baby out, without his consent.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TOOT BOOT posted:

Adoption is not abortion and he is one of the parents. It would be an extremely hosed up state of affairs if one parent could unilaterally put a child up for adoption.

He just provided the semen (or, rather, thought he did). She's the one carrying this fetus into a baby and taking on all the medical risk this entails.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

andrew smash posted:

Did I misread something? She wasn't pushing for an abortion in the first place. It's her right to choose whether to carry a fetus to term but I don't know of any places that allow a mother to terminate the father's parental rights after the baby is born without his consent. I guess she could have said "irrevocably give up your rights in advance or I'm getting an abortion" but that's not what the story claimed.

That's the opposite of what I'm saying.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He just provided the semen (or, rather, thought he did). She's the one carrying this fetus into a baby and taking on all the medical risk this entails.

That's irrelevant once the baby is born. You can't bypass the other parent and give the baby to a third party if you're the mother.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
What are you saying then?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you got to rewrite the legal system, at what point in the child's life should this risk stop being a trump card that let's her unilaterally terminate the father's parental rights? 6 mos? A year? 18?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

coin operated spermbank boy shoo shoo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TOOT BOOT posted:

That's irrelevant once the baby is born. You can't bypass the other parent and give the baby to a third party if you're the mother.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if he wants to have parental rights, he should adopt the baby. He, who thought he provided the semen for this pregnancy, wanted to force her hand as to whether she has parental duties toward this child. That's my problem. It's lopsided.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

If you got to rewrite the legal system, at what point in the child's life should this risk stop being a trump card that let's her unilaterally terminate the father's parental rights? 6 mos? A year? 18?

Whatever it is should prevent that bullshit we had a few dozens of pages ago where this rear end in a top hat forced his ex to keep the baby rather than give it out for adoption, and after she gave him full custody sued her for child support.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

andrew smash posted:

I feel like this should be an option but legally it is not.

Like to me it seems like deciding 1 month in that you wanna terminate the baby or adopt it out is basically the same thing, and it's kinda weird that the father gets a say in one situation but not the other. It's not like if she chooses adopt he has to spend the next 8 months carrying the baby himself or do anything differently, yet suddenly he gets more rights.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think this dude did the right thing through and through

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
More like Absurd Adoptodad

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Wonder how many pro-lifers understand that adoption is literally not an option for women if your drunken 1 night stand digs his heels in lol.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

Like to me it seems like deciding 1 month in that you wanna terminate the baby or adopt it out is basically the same thing, and it's kinda weird that the father gets a say in one situation but not the other. It's not like if she chooses adopt he has to spend the next 8 months carrying the baby himself or do anything differently, yet suddenly he gets more rights.

I think you're forgetting that at one point it's not a human being, and then later it becomes an actual human being.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if he wants to have parental rights, he should adopt the baby. He, who thought he provided the semen for this pregnancy, wanted to force her hand as to whether she has parental duties toward this child. That's my problem. It's lopsided.

Whatever it is should prevent that bullshit we had a few dozens of pages ago where this rear end in a top hat forced his ex to keep the baby rather than give it out for adoption, and after she gave him full custody sued her for child support.

Is this for real? I'm not familiar with the prior conversation. That kid deserves child support you doofus. Just like if the roles were reversed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Absurd Alhazred posted:

At what age should the woman lose the ability to unilaterally terminate both his and her parental rights? Or should it go all the way to 18?

Also when I die, don't put me in the ground. Either do something useful with my body, or do something hilarious. I would prefer that you not gently caress my body, but eh, what do I care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Like to me it seems like deciding 1 month in that you wanna terminate the baby or adopt it out is basically the same thing, and it's kinda weird that the father gets a say in one situation but not the other.

Biology is unfair. Her body, her choice.