Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Carmant posted:

The last Eureka zone actually looks pretty neat. How long would it take to catch up starting Eureka from scratch?
Probably idk somewhere between 25-40 hours depending on whether you were just blitzing to level cap in each zone and doing the story or also trying to make a relic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

heads up, nintendo just put ffix on their eshop for switch

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

LegionAreI posted:

Watching groups trying to do AV is absolutely hilarious. I especially love that apparently to seal one of his abilities, you need to find a secret portal in the instance that spawns a special FATE *outside* the instance, that the people outside in Hydatos have to kill for you to seal the ability. Can't wait to see the rest!

:discourse:

That sounds terrible. Is it the giant jellyfish one?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why would people outside give a poo poo about what happens inside if they don't get any of the rewards

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Verranicus posted:

Why would people outside give a poo poo about what happens inside if they don't get any of the rewards

Well it's a NM spawn so you get rewards from it idiot.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

SL the Pyro posted:

:siren:BALDESION ARSENAL SPOILERS IN THIS LINK:siren:

https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulInquisitiveTomatoNinjaGrumpy

I am laughing my loving rear end off.

Oh my god that's beautiful.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Phone posted:

if you're on excal:
level 15-50 levekit
300k if you include all mats (intermediate, not raw materials)
450k if you include all mats (mostly raw materials)
850k if i provide mats

you have to provide a link to one of the sites with a list of what you want and how many of them (garlandtools, etc)

I see. I'm on Leviathan so out of luck there.
May just look into crafting it myself. Should hopefully become easier to HQ once I get Culinary to 37.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

"what possible incentive would people in eureka have to kill an NM?"

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

SL the Pyro posted:

Maybe I've been too hard on eureka. Not enough to want to play it, but I understand.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

heads up, nintendo just put ffix on their eshop for switch
*sighs, opens wallet*

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

This is old news but it's the first I'm hearing of it, the preorder bonus for the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon game coming out is the ability to make friends with everyone's favorite chocobuddy!!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

Classic Ozma.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is Alpha Omega? I was barely paying attention to the Omega raid story so I wasn't sure if he was or not.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Alpha was created by Omega, and they were distinct entities.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

He was made by Omega multiple times to be killed in previous tournaments, but he is not Omega.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
alpha was bait

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Is there a way to upgrade Scaevan weapons to 400 outside of savage? I thought that was supposed to be this patch.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
tokens from ivalice can be traded in for either solvent or twine

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Carew posted:

Is there a way to upgrade Scaevan weapons to 400 outside of savage? I thought that was supposed to be this patch.

Patch 4.57 should have the upgrade item obtainable via the 24 man tokens.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Going from 390 to 400 is basically postponing needing new gear in SB2 by a dungeon, right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I finally made it to First Lieutenant

Totally worth it.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
We've learned more stuff about the Baldesion Arsenal final boss. :siren:SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY:siren::

Proto Ozma has all of the mechanics from Ozma in the 24-man. Very little of them is changed, other than the Cube form's face-tank orbs now being an Offtank mechanic (since we have more than three tanks in BA).

Its new transformation is a Spikeball. Its transformation attack is a blast that forces you to run to the back end of the platforms (basically the opposite of the Cube's), its "auto-attack" is a stack mechanic that targets random players (so everyone must stay together), and its casted attack is a minor knockback from the center of the platforms.

Black Hole ejects people from the dungeon if not done correctly. There are six swirly buttons in the arena that need to be stood on which apply a buffing field that keeps you on the ground. If even one button is not pressed, everyone gets kicked out. Anyone who is dead cannot receive the buff and is screwed, as even the dead can be Black Hole'd. This will happen every time Proto Ozma switches back into Sphere form. On the bright side, this allows you to cheese the anti-res thing and not lose EXP because you are deposited outside of the dungeon and into a place where you can be rezzed, so long as you don't Return (or the timer runs out).

Believe it or not, I haven't even discussed the real bullshit mechanic yet: Proto Ozma summons Ozmashades. They appear at the back end of the platforms to do a transformation attack in tandem with Proto Ozma's own mechanics to create some vicious mechanics dances, some of which require abusing knockback from said mechanics.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 14, 2019

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SL the Pyro posted:

We've learned more stuff about the Baldesion Arsenal final boss. :siren:SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY:siren::

What the gently caress, how are people supposed to clear this, I refuse to believe the dev team managed it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Its auto attack is a stack marker.

:allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 14, 2019

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

Proto Ozma has all of the mechanics from Ozma in the 24-man. Very little of them is changed, other than the Cube form's face-tank orbs now being an Offtank mechanic (since we have more than three tanks in BA).

Its new transformation is a Spikeball. Its transformation attack is a blast that forces you to run to the back end of the platforms (basically the opposite of the Cube's), its "auto-attack" is a stack mechanic that targets random players (so everyone must stay together), and its casted attack is a minor knockback from the center of the platforms.

Black Hole ejects people from the dungeon if not done correctly. There are six swirly buttons in the arena that need to be stood on which apply a buffing field that keeps you on the ground. If even one button is not pressed, everyone gets kicked out. Anyone who is dead cannot receive the buff and is screwed, as even the dead can be Black Hole'd. This will happen every time Proto Ozma switches back into Sphere form. On the bright side, this allows you to cheese the anti-res thing and not lose EXP because you are deposited outside of the dungeon and into a place where you can be rezzed, so long as you don't Return (or the timer runs out).

Believe it or not, I haven't even discussed the real bullshit mechanic yet: Proto Ozma summons Ozmashades. They appear at the back end of the platforms to do a transformation attack in tandem with Proto Ozma's own mechanics to create some vicious mechanics dances, some of which require abusing knockback from said mechanics.

This is amazing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's no way Yotsuyu isn't based on Tomie

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

What the gently caress, how are people supposed to clear this, I refuse to believe the dev team managed it.

I'd wager that enough good people in one group could do it without too much hassle once they learn the dances.

Of course, how many of the people you went in with are actually good? :unsmigghh:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So uh.. why do the Sharlayans have an Ozma?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's no way Yotsuyu isn't based on Tomie

gently caress

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I'd wager that enough good people in one group could do it without too much hassle once they learn the dances.

Of course, how many of the people you went in with are actually good? :unsmigghh:

That one guy who doesn't stand on the button. :argh:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cabbit posted:

They're huge assholes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tashilicious posted:

gently caress
It's not surprising, Ito's pretty influential and the first Tomie story was published in 1987.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Why did Chocobo's Air Garden have one? Ozma can happen anywhere, any time. It is a truly Bad Orb.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sharlayans: No sense of right and wrong.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why did Chocobo's Air Garden have one? Ozma can happen anywhere, any time. It is a truly Bad Orb.

As I recall, Eiko's ancestors sealed it away because they couldn't summon it. And then it just... floated into the sky, apparently. :shrug:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

As I recall, Eiko's ancestors sealed it away because they couldn't summon it. And then it just... floated into the sky, apparently. :shrug:
Here's my theory: You know when you're playing Chocobo Hot and Cold and you almost get a Chocograph, but the timer runs out one peck away from digging it up? I think Ozma is formed from the collective frustration of everyone who has ever experienced this. That's why it's a shapeless ball of bullshit that randomly kicks your rear end, and why it's in Chocobo's Air Garden.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I could believe that.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

SL the Pyro posted:

Okay, Eureka might have been entirely worth it just for this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I was watching Mr Happy's raid on the Baldesion Arsenal (luckily, someone else was streaming so I didn't have to watch his stream) and they spawned the NM that needs to die so they can fight AV, but the people in Hydatos were busy with other fates that had popped. So their fate ended up failing. Meaning everyone out, zone out, start all over. That AV is permanently unkillable until they all zone out and reset the dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's pretty hosed up that Yoshi-P looked to Marquis de Sade for inspiration when designing this dungeon.