Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

If they wanted Clinton to lose, backing her direct opponent and her 3rd party would be a smart move.

But uh... this is the first I think she's been implicated in this investigation.

I suppose that's true, but backing the legless horse in the horse race with the 400 pound jockey seems kind of dumb. :v: And yeah, if she does get implicated I can't imagine what the impact will be on third parties / the Greens within the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
this is the first actual documented implication of stein re:collusion or at least Russian ties that I know of but the insinuation was there during the campaign

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

AsInHowe posted:

Hello, I would like to share my favorite stories involving Senator John McCain

- When I was in college, Senator McCain had an event in my dorm, and I wore a suit to go downstairs. Senator McCain noticed and liked the suit, especially since some other students were wearing trenchcoats over Ron Paul shirts. Someone tried to explain why they were being removed, and said "and they'll open up the coats", before McCain ended their sentence with "to flash the crowd". Everyone had a good laugh, and the Ron Paul kids got kicked out, and everyone really enjoyed that.

- By getting into a fight with McCain over the Ron Paul kids, Senator McCain referred to this expensive, private college as a community college repeatedly on live local TV.

- By wearing a suit, I ended up tagging along with McCain for a couple hours. Outside, a woman wanted to get a picture of John McCain holding her small dog, a request that was refused. Senator McCain can't really lift his arms, much less hold a dog, and this woman wouldn't take no for an answer. So, I ended up holding the dog next to McCain, and the woman had to deal with that.

You can't not post that picture.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Overwined posted:

I'm just sad that McCain probably won't be alive to see the country he has always been so deep concerned with go down in a blaze of ignominy.
McCain hates Donald Trump, probably hates a lot of his party for letting Trump happen at all, he already missed his shot to be President himself, and now he probably knows he's not long for this world. John McCain is a man on the edge, with nothing left to lose...

Seriously though, I know it's a long-shot, but it would be amazing if McCain just snapped and decided to use everything he's got left to take down Trump in an act of sheer (totally justified) revenge. His party couldn't get him into the White house, but they got this cheeto dusted piece of human garbage there? If McCain finds himself wondering what he could do to secure a legacy that the country will remember him for, that would do the trick.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 20, 2017

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Grapplejack posted:

I refuse to believe the Russians would back Stein. They could burn that money and get more out of it. :v:

Stein is dumb enough to do what they want for free, yes.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Robot Hobo posted:

McCain hated Donald Trump, probably hates a lot of his party for letting Trump happen at all, he already missed his shot to be President himself, and now he probably knows he's not long for this world. John McCain is a man on the edge, with nothing left to lose...

Seriously though, I know it's a long-shot, but it would be amazing if McCain just snapped and decided to use everything he's got left to take down Trump in an act of sheer (totally justified) revenge. His party couldn't get him into the White house, but they got this cheeto dusted piece of human garbage there? If McCain finds himself wondering what he could do to secure a legacy that the country will remember him for, that would do the trick.

Are you intimating that McCain...has the pee tapes?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
gently caress McCain, if he had his way non-rich people who got the cancer he has would be hosed, no healthcare, and a swift grave. He can't die soon enough.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Robot Hobo posted:

McCain hated Donald Trump, probably hates a lot of his party for letting Trump happen at all, he already missed his shot to be President himself, and now he probably knows he's not long for this world. John McCain is a man on the edge, with nothing left to lose...

He'll probably just quietly resign and live out his life in peace and we get to deal with another few months of "WILL DEMOCRATS WIN A RED STATE IN A SPECIAL ELECTION!?"

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Putin would realize that Stein had the potential to be Nader Mark II. For a relatively minor outlay why not fuel her lovely little campaign?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Grapplejack posted:

I suppose that's true, but backing the legless horse in the horse race with the 400 pound jockey seems kind of dumb. :v: And yeah, if she does get implicated I can't imagine what the impact will be on third parties / the Greens within the US.

I doubt Russia thought it would actually work when they started, so trying to get more actors on board for the chaos campaign was probably an early part of the plan. I mean, it seemed pretty unlikely that a sycophant like Trump would win the Republican nomination in the early stages. So if JEB is the Republican guy Stein throwing poo poo from the edges is probably the best Russia was going to do.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

He'll probably just quietly resign and live out his life in peace and we get to deal with another few months of "WILL DEMOCRATS WIN A RED STATE IN A SPECIAL ELECTION!?"

and "THIS TIME IT WILL BE DIFFERENT BECAUSE"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

gently caress McCain, if he had his way non-rich people who got the cancer he has would be hosed, no healthcare, and a swift grave. He can't die soon enough.

https://twitter.com/jessica_roy/status/887847253334872065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Not to be a debbie downer but my dad is going into surgery on Friday to remove a tumor larger than a golf ball from his brain on Friday and I am...very conflicted about McCain right now. On one hand I know how much it loving sucks just watching and waiting, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. On the other hand that guy refuses to buck a party that is actively trying to take away the ability for my dad to get fixed. Thankfully it's not malignant, but it put enough pressure on his brain to cause a seizure this past weekend which is when we discovered it.

I guess I just don't have the energy to be spiteful towards McCain because when he goes it will be known that he enabled the Palins of the world and did nothing after to stop it. That's shameful and everyone knows it. His reputation and legacy will be forever tarnished for what he did and didn't do. That's enough for me at least for now.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Any time anyone says any poo poo about respecting and why its terrible whats happened to him I will just post this.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Knifegrab posted:

Woah woah woah.

We want him healthy enough to not-vote for many years to come.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Knifegrab posted:

It's actually way better if he hangs onto his seat and doesn't vote. The longer he lingers the better for the rest of us.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

On Terra Firma posted:

Not to be a debbie downer but my dad is going into surgery on Friday to remove a tumor larger than a golf ball from his brain on Friday and I am...very conflicted about McCain right now. On one hand I know how much it loving sucks just watching and waiting, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. On the other hand that guy refuses to buck a party that is actively trying to take away the ability for my dad to get fixed. Thankfully it's not malignant, but it put enough pressure on his brain to cause a seizure this past weekend which is when we discovered it.

I guess I just don't have the energy to be spiteful towards McCain because when he goes it will be known that he enabled the Palins of the world and did nothing after to stop it. That's shameful and everyone knows it. His reputation and legacy will be forever tarnished for what he did and didn't do. That's enough for me at least for now.

was your dad in 'Nam

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Relevant Tangent posted:

It's actually way better if he hangs onto his seat and doesn't vote. The longer he lingers the better for the rest of us.

Shoot thats a good point.

I guess its a win-win. He dies quickly yay the witch is dead. He dies slowly but holds onto his seat, yay a nullified red seat!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Gonna want to see some proof of the Jessica Roy tweet before I start really lolling

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

gently caress John McCain.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Grapplejack posted:

The point isn't to get a victory for Stein, it's to get a loss for Clinton

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Holy poo poo

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Arrgytehpirate posted:

You can't not post that picture.

The dog lady has the photo, sorry.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

was your dad in 'Nam

Grad school.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
McCain was tortured for over five years in Vietnam, suffering injuries so severe that he lost full control of his arms forever. After years of torture, he never gave up on his fellow soldiers or betrayed his country.

Then, in 2008, he wanted power, so he told everyone that torture was effective and a moral imperative for America to engage in.

He has no values and will soon be dead. Good loving riddance.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

godspeed to your dad

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

tbf, this is remarkably honest advice.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

pseudorandom name posted:

tbf, this is remarkably honest advice.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

KKKLIP ART posted:

Peel enough of the possible democrat-leaning voters in just enough places. A few precent here and there adds up.

In Michigan and Wisconsin Stein got more votes than the margin between Clinton and Trump.

Because Green Party voters are the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet and have the memory of goldfish.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Everyone deserves a measure of respect and compassion, just as everyone deserves some measure of scorn and mockery.

I can pity him for getting tortured and getting cancer, but I still consider him to be absolute fucker, who has always cared more about PR then his beliefs.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"I'd be glad to speak at his funeral so long as his whiny family doesn't get upset when I make it all about me."

Senator McCain was a great man. He was a soldier in the army. Many people don't know that. He saw the large crowds stretching for miles at my inauguration. It was the greatest electoral college victory since Ronald Reagan.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Robot Hobo posted:

McCain hates Donald Trump, probably hates a lot of his party for letting Trump happen at all, he already missed his shot to be President himself, and now he probably knows he's not long for this world. John McCain is a man on the edge, with nothing left to lose...

When was the last time we saw McCain in public? I get the feeling he's already not in great shape.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Any time anyone says any poo poo about respecting and why its terrible whats happened to him I will just post this.

No one here is saying anything about respect, but it is important to remember that the people you disagree with are still human, and to empathize with them.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Pook Good Mook posted:

When was the last time we saw McCain in public? I get the feeling he's already not in great shape.

Last I saw, he was asking some real weird questions to James Comey.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...db2e_video.html

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ringo Star Get posted:

If he does speak at his funeral, I can see it now:

Donald: the crowd at my inauguration was much, much bigger than this. So big. I mean we are here for the memory of Johnny McCain. Great guy. The best. He told me my brain was the smartest.

I fantasize something entirely different. The end scene of "Cruel Intentions," only instead of a copy of the evil girl's diary being passed around showing what a huge piece of poo poo she is as she talks about how important she was in the dead person's life - free iPads, all pre-loaded with the piss tape and proof Trump isn't a billionaire.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

pacmania90 posted:

No one here is saying anything about respect, but it is important to remember that the people you disagree with are still human, and to empathize with them.

Some people's influence needs to be nullified. There are other ways for it to happen other than dying but dying will also do the trick.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

ITT we find out that people can have both good and bad qualities, and can have said and done both good and bad things

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:laffo:

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

skylined! posted:

this is the first actual documented implication of stein re:collusion or at least Russian ties that I know of but the insinuation was there during the campaign

Oh, this excites me. We're hosting Jill Stein this weekend. The Wolves Den. Flint. I'll bend her ear. What ought I ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

They'll laugh at the evidence and say the Demodumbs are trying to trick them, and continue voting Green because obviously they are too stupid to breathe.

They didn't learn with Nader, and they didn't learn with Hilary. The overarching response after Trump won was "Well, at least I didn't have to vote against my conscious." followed by "I'll be fine black people/minorities. I'm white." followed by "WHY ARE YOU ALL PICKING ON ME. I THOUGHT US LEFTIST TYPES WERE SUPPOSED TO STICK TOGETHER.".

People need to stop paying attention to Greens/Third Party types. Stop giving them ammo, just make fun of them relentlessly until they stop voting altogether.

• Locked thread