Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Reik posted:

How long until Trump tweets "I prefer senators that don't get brain tumors."?

"I'd be glad to speak at his funeral so long as his whiny family doesn't get upset when I make it all about me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Dementia is worse than a brain tumor imo

Only because a brain tumor has the decency to kill you faster.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Since he's liable to get nicked for double perjury if he resigns/gets fired, I can see Sessions singing to Congress in exchange for immunity.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

I feel like this is the 4th time we've thought this was going to happen and didn't

Yeah but now he's talking about it directly and hinting about a 'red line' which means that there's probably people desperately trying to stop him from doing it and also that there's at least one voice trying to get him to do it.

Either way, he's talking about it, so that means more smoke.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

A lovely Reporter posted:

John McCain is a vile, hypocritical, heartless man who has done incalculable damage to individuals and to the world at large.

He doesn't deserve brain cancer.

Nobody who has lived, is living, or will live deserves brain cancer, or any other degenerative brain disease. It is the most unimaginable cruelty, the rending of the very essence of their being, the closest thing I can compare to the idea of a soul. It is a horrific thing that deeply upsets me to even think about. I'll admit to thinking he deserved it at first, but that quickly gave way to sympathy, even for a horrible person like him. The most sadistic murder is merciful compared to what he's facing.

I hate John McCain deeply.

He has my deepest, most sincere sympathies.

i just went back to the first post with thread rules and was surprised to see i was quoted re: making fun of conway

and now i have to do some self-examination, how i could have said that but also be pretty nonchalant about mccain's predicament

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Paradoxish posted:

It's also one of those things that's a direct test of the strength of our democratic systems, which is scary in its own right. Like I think there's a 99% chance that Congress wouldn't stand by and let things go down this way, but that 1% chance is actually scary as gently caress.

Yeah, the truth is probably in the middle, people in this thread want it to be 'ha! you sprung the nixon trap card, now you are instant impeached!" and trump would want the investigation to end instantly if he was fired. Realistic is that muller seems pretty serious about this and odds are they would replace him with someone who wasn't totally giving up on it but also might not be quite as qualified.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
0% chance Sessions resigns, he doesnt give a poo poo about Trump making GBS threads on him as long as he can still crank the war on drugs back up to 11

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/keisertroll/status/887862302090731520

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Why don't you try reading.

If I hadn't read it, I wouldn't know how stupid your make believe scenario was.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

skylined! posted:

also re: trump complaining about muelller investigating trump orgs:

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/887860665209286662

lol

Just LOL if what causes Trump to freak out isn't the threat of revealing that his electoral manipulation actually happened...

..but that its revealed he's nowhere near as rich as he says he is.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Snuffman posted:

Just LOL if what causes Trump to freak out isn't the threat of revealing that his electoral manipulation actually happened...

..but that its revealed he's nowhere near as rich as he says he is.

There's a rumor that during the roast of donald trump they were told repeatedly not to mention his net worth. At all.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sorry guys, turns out there actually is no piss tape. Putin just has Trump's tax returns.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can see Sessions just quitting in disgust even if he's a true die hard believer because Trump being the worst most insufferable boss on the face of the planet does things to people.

Sessions is not going to give up a position that lets him fulfill his dream of oppressing black people and ruining as many of their lives as he can.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Best case scenario for his financial data: not only is it full of horrible incriminating evidence, but Trump is actually far poorer than he wants people to think.

Best possible end result: trump is too distracted by SNL making fun of him being poor to do even the half-assed governing he's trying right now for the next 3 years.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:lol:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

nice.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spite posted:

There's a rumor that during the roast of donald trump they were told repeatedly not to mention his net worth. At all.

Jokes were also altered to increase the money mentioned in the joke.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I'm having a hard time coming up with ways President Palin would be worse than President Trump. Just as bad, sure. But worse?

Imagine all of the right-wing bootlicking of Trump with a constant subcurrent of "God, he makes me so horny."

Florida Ghost
Apr 5, 2011
It occurred to me that Sessions is a horrible blending of Cotton Hill and a Keebler elf. Also, I believe that Trey Gowdy is his love child. Them ears don't lie,

ColonelDimak
May 1, 2007

Guardian of the Salsa
The real brilliance of McConnell and the Wealthcare failure, was taking the GOP rotating villain strategy and using it to befuddle Trump.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Spite posted:

This is true. That was forbidden on the same sheet that said it was okay to joke about him being sexually attracted to his daughter.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sinteres posted:

If I hadn't read it, I wouldn't know how stupid your make believe scenario was.

Must be something between your eyes and your brain loving up connections too then.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Haha holy poo poo

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

skeleton warrior posted:

Imagine all of the right-wing bootlicking of Trump with a constant subcurrent of "God, he makes me so horny."

But enough about Ben Garrison's internal monologue,

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/887808736923922437

the Ritz Carlton Moscow hotel

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 20, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I refuse to believe the Russians would back Stein. They could burn that money and get more out of it. :v:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

I refuse to believe the Russians would back Stein. They could burn that money and get more out of it. :v:

If they wanted Clinton to lose, backing her direct opponent and her ideologically aligned 3rd party would be a smart move.

But uh... this is the first I think she's been implicated in this investigation.

swimgus
Oct 24, 2005
Camlin bought me this account because I'm a Jew!

I don't get it. am i dum?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

I don't understand the 4th panel

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Grapplejack posted:

Putin has a history of backing marginal opposition groups, she's taken some whacky pro-russia positions, and she's been photographed with him at events. It's at least plausible, but not proven. Still worth asking.

Honestly the fact they're asking seems to indicate that maybe senate intelligence knows more about her than we do.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

If they wanted Clinton to lose, backing her direct opponent and her ideologically aligned 3rd party would be a smart move.

But uh... this is the first I think she's been implicated in this investigation.

Unsurprising though. This was at some RT event.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"I'd be glad to speak at his funeral so long as his whiny family doesn't get upset when I make it all about me."

If he does speak at his funeral, I can see it now:

Donald: the crowd at my inauguration was much, much bigger than this. So big. I mean we are here for the memory of Johnny McCain. Great guy. The best. He told me my brain was the smartest.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I'm just sad that McCain probably won't be alive to see the country he has always been so deep concerned with go down in a blaze of ignominy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

:lol:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Florida Ghost posted:

It occurred to me that Sessions is a horrible blending of Cotton Hill and a Keebler elf. Also, I believe that Trey Gowdy is his love child. Them ears don't lie,
Cotton Hill was surprisingly non-racist. He forced the other guys to (correctly) refer to Khan as Laotian, not Vietnamese or Chinese.

Just your reminder that even compared to a literal cartoonishly over-the-top parody of racism, Sessions is more racist than that, but for real.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Well that was a whole lot of poo poo that just happened all at once.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

swimgus posted:

I don't get it. am i dum?

That series of pictures is this month's hot meme

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The last time the pissbaby started mouthing off about Sessions he offered to resign on the spot. Sessions is absolutely not above qutting.

And I feel sorry for McCain and his family but I hope Trump has all the loving tumors. He deserves no sympathy in any circumstance.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Peel enough of the possible democrat-leaning voters in just enough places. A few precent here and there adds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That series of pictures is this month's hot meme

That meme is months old. Hot dog man is the new one.

• Locked thread