Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

logikv9 posted:

I'm the homeowners association approved nazi flag

that is the homeowners association flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

florida just be destroyed for us to live

let jose ascend to become an extremely british hurricane elemental

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Alright, a little background, as the title mentions, I live in a suburb in Washington. What really started this issue in earnest for me was about a week and a half ago when someone who lives a few blocks from me in my neighborhood decided to have a large Nazi flag painted on the entirety garage door, the black, white, and red kind. I know it sounds really quite absurd, and it is, and I'd be willing to provide pictures. It's very clear what it is supposed to be, even though it seems to be professionally done, obviously it is still very offensive, and sticks out every time I drive past it on my way home from work.

This is not the first time I've noticed people putting up, "Decorations" that I was lead to understand the HOA would obviously not allow. Neo Nazis have been trickling into the Pacific Northwest, including Washington for years now. Mainly they've stuck to the rural areas and steered clear of everywhere else, but now they've been trickling into my area as well. I know of a few other instances of decorations, and I know of other Nazi fucks in the area.

I have reviewed the CC&R and as I suspected, something like this would have to be approved, otherwise it would be unauthorized and would provoke recurring fines and such. I was skeptical that Mr. Hitler and his buddies bothered to get it approved. I tried to go through the normal channels, but it ended up that I had to not only call the office of the HOA, but also request a meeting with their board of directors. I made it clear that I wanted an explanation on the mural, and other things I saw. I made sure to document it with dates, pictures, citations, etc.

Long story short, it turns out they actually did get their, "Treatments" approved by the Homeowner's Assoc. and therefore it is technically compliant with covenants. What followed was a somewhat passive aggressive rest of the meeting towards me, insisting that I let the matter go and that they were nice enough to take time off their day and so on and so forth. Obviously I won't get any help from them.
What other options do I have? Obviously this is the kind of situation HOAs are meant to remedy, and if they're not doing their job, that means property values are only going to plummet, and this whole place is going to look like Wolfenstein: The New Order soon. I'm open to any suggestions or information you can give me.

burn down their house op

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder what the republican party would do if clinton died

like it feels like 60% of their congressman would lose their raison d'être overnight

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lawman 0 posted:

That was honestly a pretty classy election I guess.
You know except for the benghazi smirk.

Romney cut off the credit cards of his staff literally an hour after his concession leaving many of his former staff stranded and ambushed lol

Why the gently caress do people keep trying to rehabilitate Republican pieces of poo poo they're the reason we got here in the first place

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Lol you know what I just realized? 19 years after playing the original Half-Life, I just now realized that the names of the expansion packs, Opposing Forces and Blue Shift... they're double entendres.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

that is the homeowners association flag

the homeowners association false flag

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

like it feels like 60% of their congressman would lose their raison d'être overnight

lol if you think death could stop them

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tesseraction posted:

panic because the democrats might be able to accomplish something other than arguing over the primary

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

*pillars of sand rise from the seafloor​ and a voice thunders from w/in the swirling winds* I WILL BUILD A NEW FLORIDA......A FLORIDA OF RUM AND HOTELS, A FLORIDA OF SWITCHES ETERNALLY CHARGED, A FLORIDA OF EXACTLY THREE CANS OF SOUP

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Alright, a little background, as the title mentions, I live in a suburb in Washington. What really started this issue in earnest for me was about a week and a half ago when someone who lives a few blocks from me in my neighborhood decided to have a large Nazi flag painted on the entirety garage door, the black, white, and red kind. I know it sounds really quite absurd, and it is, and I'd be willing to provide pictures. It's very clear what it is supposed to be, even though it seems to be professionally done, obviously it is still very offensive, and sticks out every time I drive past it on my way home from work.

This is not the first time I've noticed people putting up, "Decorations" that I was lead to understand the HOA would obviously not allow. Neo Nazis have been trickling into the Pacific Northwest, including Washington for years now. Mainly they've stuck to the rural areas and steered clear of everywhere else, but now they've been trickling into my area as well. I know of a few other instances of decorations, and I know of other Nazi fucks in the area.

I have reviewed the CC&R and as I suspected, something like this would have to be approved, otherwise it would be unauthorized and would provoke recurring fines and such. I was skeptical that Mr. Hitler and his buddies bothered to get it approved. I tried to go through the normal channels, but it ended up that I had to not only call the office of the HOA, but also request a meeting with their board of directors. I made it clear that I wanted an explanation on the mural, and other things I saw. I made sure to document it with dates, pictures, citations, etc.

Long story short, it turns out they actually did get their, "Treatments" approved by the Homeowner's Assoc. and therefore it is technically compliant with covenants. What followed was a somewhat passive aggressive rest of the meeting towards me, insisting that I let the matter go and that they were nice enough to take time off their day and so on and so forth. Obviously I won't get any help from them.
What other options do I have? Obviously this is the kind of situation HOAs are meant to remedy, and if they're not doing their job, that means property values are only going to plummet, and this whole place is going to look like Wolfenstein: The New Order soon. I'm open to any suggestions or information you can give me.

take a picture

send it to the media

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Romney cut off the credit cards of his staff literally an hour after his concession leaving many of his former staff stranded and ambushed lol

Why the gently caress do people keep trying to rehabilitate Republican pieces of poo poo they're the reason we got here in the first place

look at his temples tho so distinguished

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/906908634956926977

welcome to death crew

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

logikv9 posted:

lol if you think death could stop them

2020: We promise this 42nd investigation into benghazi will get her this time

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

There is nothing you can do if you insist on remaining within the law

Not completely true. In addition to resorting to the HOA Bylaws, I'd put in a call to the local TV and Newspaper and see how much publicity Mr. Nazi can handle.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

that's the tumor speaking

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

radical meme posted:

Which is gonna get wrecked first, him or his boat?

irma gonna pick him up and slam him thru the boat like a meat javelin

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
try setting fire to it and claim you didn't know ww2 had ended

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

DrPossum posted:

lol donald trump becoming president would be the shittiest dumbest thing imaginable

Are you sitting down, because boy howdy do I have something to tell you

Also

logikv9 posted:

lol if you think death could stop her

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
punch them

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

it's been a while since we've had a good cadaver synod

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Tesseraction posted:

fwiw overdosing isn't just a suicide thing, it could have been entirely accidental because he wanted to escape from the news and went too far

or you can get sold pure poo poo or laced poo poo or a hot shot :|

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This is simple. Take a bunch of pictures of the mural and then get in touch with a journalist for whichever is the best paper up there. Tell them the story and make sure to include the fact that you contacted the HOA and they explicitly approved the mural.

Then sit back and watch the fun. I'd be willing to bet that they change their minds about the mural not too long after they get a call from a reporter asking why they gave permission for a Nazi flag to be painted on a garage door.

edit - Alternatively, get some cans bright pink spray paint and then go spray GAYS RULES (or whatever) on the mural at like 2am. And then do it again every single time they fix it.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I'm calling the aclu right now

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

or you can get sold pure poo poo or laced poo poo or a hot shot :|

ya exactly

sometimes it's not suicide it's your dealer being a shithead

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vertical Lime posted:

welcome to death crew

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the flag on the news could probably get some antifa to come over

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

hahahaha lol nice

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

ya exactly

sometimes it's not suicide it's your dealer being a shithead

sometimes :smith:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

radical meme posted:

LOL, you're hosed. I hope this is a copy paste from some article and not actually you. The only other option would be to challenge the Board by calling elections or some such thing to get the Board replaced and even then, if they approved this poo poo, the Nazi homeowner might be grandfathered in already with his swastika garage door. If the decoration is clearly a direct violation of HOA Bylaws, then any interested party can challenge the Board approval and the decoration in court; get ready for some legal bills unless you can convince somebody like the Anti-Defemation League to handle it.

oh it's from reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/6z2wtt/wa_the_hoa_is_blatantly_refusing_to_enforce_their/. if a nazi painted a nazi flag on his garage the last place I'd look would be an HOA - which is where a nazi would feel most at home; i'm mostly lolling at the liberal-esque response here where his first reaction is "well we'll see what the board has to say about this!"

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

This is simple. Take a bunch of pictures of the mural and then get in touch with a journalist for whichever is the best paper up there. Tell them the story and make sure to include the fact that you contacted the HOA and they explicitly approved the mural.

Then sit back and watch the fun. I'd be willing to bet that they change their minds about the mural not too long after they get a call from a reporter asking why they gave permission for a Nazi flag to be painted on a garage door.

This. This is absolutely the best course of action. If all of your local media sees nothing wrong with the painting, then you need to tell us exactly where you live on your way out of town, never to return.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Rig a sega genesis to fry their cable box op.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

tbh putting clinton's corpse on trial is basically the only thing left for the death cult known as the republican party

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

plz dont make this the second memory holed trump thread by making threatening images of secret service protectees

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

oh it's from reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/6z2wtt/wa_the_hoa_is_blatantly_refusing_to_enforce_their/. if a nazi painted a nazi flag on his garage the last place I'd look would be an HOA - which is where a nazi would feel most at home; i'm mostly lolling at the liberal-esque response here where his first reaction is "well we'll see what the board has to say about this!"

I feel dirty and abused now. I wish all of you would quit posting poo poo from reddit in here. If I wanted to be slimed by poo poo from reddit, I'd read reddit. Thanks for abusing me and your fellow posters here, you pathetic little tramp.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

BarronsArtGallery posted:

Lol you know what I just realized? 19 years after playing the original Half-Life, I just now realized that the names of the expansion packs, Opposing Forces and Blue Shift... they're double entendres.

those are physics jokes not sex jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

You have made me unclean.

Oh wait, that's just cause I haven't showered today since I woke up about 30 minutes ago.

• Locked thread