Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lawman 0 posted:

That was honestly a pretty classy election I guess.
You know except for the benghazi smirk.

2016 really made all the old elections seem quaint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Naerasa posted:

Layers of discarded food from Disney glued together by the ink from nightclub handstamps.

when I went to Orlando back in the 90s the roads were literally paved with garbage

that was my first and only experience in America and nothing I've learned since has made me assume that isn't the countrywide average

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

prefect posted:

Does Miami have bedrock that they build on? What's the geological situation there?

it's all sand on top of porous limestone lmbo

this is true of the whole peninsula

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

if you do like 30 photoshops in your first 6 months you can coast on em for the rest of the administration

don't doxx my posting strategies

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Naerasa posted:

glued together by the ink from nightclub handstamps.

:newlol:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Tesseraction posted:

fwiw overdosing isn't just a suicide thing, it could have been entirely accidental because he wanted to escape from the news and went too far

Needing to numb yourself to the point where you put your life at risk is its own form of suicide, it just doesn't always take.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ok which one of you is this?

https://twitter.com/Carolyn_Cole/status/906899056324116481

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

Of course floridians I guess never learned the sunday school song around building your house on the rock.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/rosetta-stones/living-and-sometimes-dying-with-karst/

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
florida just be destroyed for us to live

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Tesseraction posted:

when I went to Orlando back in the 90s the roads were literally paved with garbage

that was my first and only experience in America and nothing I've learned since has made me assume that isn't the countrywide average

The road around Orlando - and indeed everything around Orlando - is especially disgusting and a poorer than average representation of America. I'm not saying it gets MUCH better elsewhere, of course, but I've been around the country quite a bit and Orlando definitely wins a prize for being one of most hideous pockets of the nation.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Naerasa posted:

Needing to numb yourself to the point where you put your life at risk is its own form of suicide, it just doesn't always take.

true, I'd just say it isn't always a calculated risk so much as a naïve boost in dose - drug impurity can mess with your attempts to regulate dosage and being on the high can make you miscalculate safe doses

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rum, cheese and tortillas; oh and some water. Tryin to reason with hurricane season.

edit: jimmy buffet is looking really old

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

etalian posted:

Romney showed up in person to concede and thank his campaign staff.

Also didn't wait until 2AM in the morning to concede the election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQruYgVP2SY

To be fair, Romney got blown the gently caress out while last year's election was close for a very long time.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

whaddaya thinks in the burger

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

radical meme posted:

Rum, cheese and tortillas; oh and some water. Tryin to reason with hurricane season.

samo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Naerasa posted:

The road around Orlando - and indeed everything around Orlando - is especially disgusting and a poorer than average representation of America. I'm not saying it gets MUCH better elsewhere, of course, but I've been around the country quite a bit and Orlando definitely wins a prize for being one of most hideous pockets of the nation.

my favourite bit was going into like a mcdonalds and finding the quality of the floor there was just as bad, dirt and all

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Tesseraction posted:

true, I'd just say it isn't always a calculated risk so much as a naïve boost in dose - drug impurity can mess with your attempts to regulate dosage and being on the high can make you miscalculate safe doses

I know this is true because when I get drunk I massively miscalculate the safe dose of white cheddar cheetoes and end up crying and dying for days.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

To be fair, Romney got blown the gently caress out while last year's election was close for a very long time.

Obama was good at campaigning and did actual campaigning.

Hillary lost counties Obama won by double digits back in 2012.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

That guy's my hero. :allears:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

stop doxxing merrys new dating app!!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jazerus posted:

lol "strategies"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
lol donald trump becoming president would be the shittiest dumbest thing imaginable

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

That guy's my hero. :allears:

Which is gonna get wrecked first, him or his boat?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

:siren: w e h a v e a c r u s h i n g c r a n e :siren:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Tesseraction posted:

my favourite bit was going into like a mcdonalds and finding the quality of the floor there was just as bad, dirt and all

When I went to Orlando with my family, we ended up either eating at a) Outback, b) Bob Evans, or c) McDonalds for basically the entire week. The Orlando food options are less than stellar, that is for drat sure.

Though in Orlando's defense, we didn't end up straying too far from home that often, since this was late November 2000 and we were in the dark heart of hanging chad territory. As fun as Disney was, even as a teenager I knew the real interesting poo poo was on the news.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Alright, a little background, as the title mentions, I live in a suburb in Washington. What really started this issue in earnest for me was about a week and a half ago when someone who lives a few blocks from me in my neighborhood decided to have a large Nazi flag painted on the entirety garage door, the black, white, and red kind. I know it sounds really quite absurd, and it is, and I'd be willing to provide pictures. It's very clear what it is supposed to be, even though it seems to be professionally done, obviously it is still very offensive, and sticks out every time I drive past it on my way home from work.

This is not the first time I've noticed people putting up, "Decorations" that I was lead to understand the HOA would obviously not allow. Neo Nazis have been trickling into the Pacific Northwest, including Washington for years now. Mainly they've stuck to the rural areas and steered clear of everywhere else, but now they've been trickling into my area as well. I know of a few other instances of decorations, and I know of other Nazi fucks in the area.

I have reviewed the CC&R and as I suspected, something like this would have to be approved, otherwise it would be unauthorized and would provoke recurring fines and such. I was skeptical that Mr. Hitler and his buddies bothered to get it approved. I tried to go through the normal channels, but it ended up that I had to not only call the office of the HOA, but also request a meeting with their board of directors. I made it clear that I wanted an explanation on the mural, and other things I saw. I made sure to document it with dates, pictures, citations, etc.

Long story short, it turns out they actually did get their, "Treatments" approved by the Homeowner's Assoc. and therefore it is technically compliant with covenants. What followed was a somewhat passive aggressive rest of the meeting towards me, insisting that I let the matter go and that they were nice enough to take time off their day and so on and so forth. Obviously I won't get any help from them.
What other options do I have? Obviously this is the kind of situation HOAs are meant to remedy, and if they're not doing their job, that means property values are only going to plummet, and this whole place is going to look like Wolfenstein: The New Order soon. I'm open to any suggestions or information you can give me.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

radical meme posted:

Which is gonna get wrecked first, him or his boat?

What if you had a boat that could go underwater? That would have to help keep you safer, right?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Jazerus posted:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Neo Nazis have been trickling into the Pacific Northwest, including Washington for years now.

lol if you think white supremacists just got to the pacific northwest when oregon was literally founded as a whites-only state

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Joementum posted:

iirc didnt florida used to be all marsh land?

they built over marshes or some bs?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Agrajag posted:

Okeefenokee Swamp is still there, but I believe they've drained a lot of it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Agrajag posted:

lol forever if you dont live on a swamp

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Naerasa posted:

lol if you think white supremacists just got to the pacific northwest when oregon was literally founded as a whites-only state

Yeah Portland and Oregon as a whole has had a lot of these fuckers as long as the state has existed.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

stop doxxing merrys new dating app!!

bong or bang or crane

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm glad hillary is back. Back forever.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alright, a little background, as the title mentions, I live in a suburb in Washington. What really started this issue in earnest for me was about a week and a half ago when someone who lives a few blocks from me in my neighborhood decided to have a large Nazi flag painted on the entirety garage door, the black, white, and red kind. I know it sounds really quite absurd, and it is, and I'd be willing to provide pictures. It's very clear what it is supposed to be, even though it seems to be professionally done, obviously it is still very offensive, and sticks out every time I drive past it on my way home from work.

This is not the first time I've noticed people putting up, "Decorations" that I was lead to understand the HOA would obviously not allow. Neo Nazis have been trickling into the Pacific Northwest, including Washington for years now. Mainly they've stuck to the rural areas and steered clear of everywhere else, but now they've been trickling into my area as well. I know of a few other instances of decorations, and I know of other Nazi fucks in the area.

I have reviewed the CC&R and as I suspected, something like this would have to be approved, otherwise it would be unauthorized and would provoke recurring fines and such. I was skeptical that Mr. Hitler and his buddies bothered to get it approved. I tried to go through the normal channels, but it ended up that I had to not only call the office of the HOA, but also request a meeting with their board of directors. I made it clear that I wanted an explanation on the mural, and other things I saw. I made sure to document it with dates, pictures, citations, etc.

Long story short, it turns out they actually did get their, "Treatments" approved by the Homeowner's Assoc. and therefore it is technically compliant with covenants. What followed was a somewhat passive aggressive rest of the meeting towards me, insisting that I let the matter go and that they were nice enough to take time off their day and so on and so forth. Obviously I won't get any help from them.
What other options do I have? Obviously this is the kind of situation HOAs are meant to remedy, and if they're not doing their job, that means property values are only going to plummet, and this whole place is going to look like Wolfenstein: The New Order soon. I'm open to any suggestions or information you can give me.

LOL, you're hosed. I hope this is a copy paste from some article and not actually you. The only other option would be to challenge the Board by calling elections or some such thing to get the Board replaced and even then, if they approved this poo poo, the Nazi homeowner might be grandfathered in already with his swastika garage door. If the decoration is clearly a direct violation of HOA Bylaws, then any interested party can challenge the Board approval and the decoration in court; get ready for some legal bills unless you can convince somebody like the Anti-Defemation League to handle it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm glad hillary is back. Back forever.

*gop enters extreme meltdown, losing any sense of unity*

clinton: that's my music

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm the homeowners association approved nazi flag

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

She's put up with decades of misinformation, misogyny and hatred. If I were a grandma and had enough of the bullshit lies told about me I would forget running for office too.

love 2 zucc zone in the Trump thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

There is nothing you can do if you insist on remaining within the law

• Locked thread