Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Holy cow blue mage is ridiculous and dreadful.

Is this class a punishment of some sort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's punishment for my daring to dream of a day I could use my favorite job in XIV. :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's punishment for my daring to dream of a day I could use my favorite job in XIV. :smith:
Between Kimahri and this I think someone at Square really hates the blue mage concept.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Rainuwastaken posted:

Please don't worry that much over substats on your relic. You'll replace it with dungeon greens two days into the next piece of content you'll get to use it on. Sincerely, that guy who put spellspeed on his zodiac spear.

But I'm a dumb DRG who wants to be the fastest DRG to ever DRG :colbert:

No, really, I want to try out the absolute max SkS build. It sounds fun.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

CJ posted:

Does it matter what server i pick? My friends are on Leviathan.

Hello, fellow Leviathan goon. The server usually opens up for character creation around 10pm PST (in my experience at least), when things wind down a bit for the night. It's not quite as restrictive as some other servers where you've gotta be constantly on the lookout for a chance to get in.

If you do decide to hang, hit me up at Ravana Tethra. Happy to hook up you with some stuff or run dungeons and whatever.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Holy cow blue mage is ridiculous and dreadful.

Is this class a punishment of some sort?

The Masked Carnivale is super fun, as is collecting spells with your friends :yeah:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's the best way to level once you hit late 60s? I've gone from having a two or three-level surplus to being locked out of the story until I hit 67. I ran 50/60 roulette but it gave me basically nothing.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
Probably either spamming the highest dungeon you can queue for (Bardam's I think) or you could try Heaven On High, the level 60-70 PotD if you can unlock it. Also any side-quests you skipped over might help

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
I need glam ideas for this dreamy hunk :swoon:

Dude is a black mage named Guillaume, a midlander. His flowing locks of alabaster hair clips through a lot of stuff, which sucks, but I can wear most hats and torso pieces without huge collars.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FactsAreUseless posted:

What's the best way to level once you hit late 60s? I've gone from having a two or three-level surplus to being locked out of the story until I hit 67. I ran 50/60 roulette but it gave me basically nothing.

Levelling roulette and alliance raid roulette are both good. 50/60 sucks. Highest level dungeon spam is good too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FactsAreUseless posted:

im leveling too and ive been dreading this moment in the grind. im 65 so something to look forward to.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Meanwhile, I'm over here with a highlady at max height and max muscle slider.

Highladies/Roeladies are true nirvana.

The reason I went with Midlander Hyur is that I wanted a female character that was both 1. not really "pretty/cute" (but still cool) and 2. not tall. I couldn't make anything fitting both of those with anything other than a Midlander Hyur. Both Roe and Elezen are tall, and Miqo'te and Au'ra are kinda "dainty/cute." Midlander was the only one where I could make someone that was sort of "handsome/sporty" looking, for lack of a better description.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Levelling roulette and alliance raid roulette are both good. 50/60 sucks. Highest level dungeon spam is good too.
Oh I thought 50/60 would give more than standard leveling. Good to know that LDR is still an option then.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Did Stormblood get rushed out or have budget issues or something? It's not a bad expansion but it has a lot of weird issues, like most of the quests having almost no description. Also I'm doing a lot of sidequests and didn't pre-SB, did they always suck or are they just really bad in this expansion?

Edit: Like this quest Child's Play. I had to look up a video walkthrough because it turns out that in the rain at night it's very difficult to see the lines of the path, so you can't tell what you aren't supposed to deviate from. Two seconds of playtesting would have revealed that.

Edit 2: It's especially weird because all the core gameplay changes of 4.0 (removing unnecessary buttons, getting rid of mandatory multiclassing in favor of role skills) are good.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did Stormblood get rushed out or have budget issues or something? It's not a bad expansion but it has a lot of weird issues, like most of the quests having almost no description. Also I'm doing a lot of sidequests and didn't pre-SB, did they always suck or are they just really bad in this expansion?

Edit: Like this quest Child's Play. I had to look up a video walkthrough because it turns out that in the rain at night it's very difficult to see the lines of the path, so you can't tell what you aren't supposed to deviate from. Two seconds of playtesting would have revealed that.

Edit 2: It's especially weird because all the core gameplay changes of 4.0 (removing unnecessary buttons, getting rid of mandatory multiclassing in favor of role skills) are good.

They've never explained why the quest descriptions went away. SB sidequests are actually a huge improvement compared to previous ones, especially the few long multi-quest chains in each zone.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sidequests are always bad outside a handful of ones that are organized as specific plot arcs.

Stormblood wasn’t rushed. It simply suffers from splitting the focus between Doma and Ala Mhigo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Stormblood wasn’t rushed. It simply suffers from splitting the focus between Doma and Ala Mhigo.
I don't mind this. Storywise it's a totally fine structure for a fantasy quest: have an original goal, face an impossible obstacle, go on a journey to become powerful enough to overcome the obstacle, return to do so.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd forgotten how not fun the Naadam is.

Mods?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't think I can mod it out, unfortunately.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
After doing Ridorana with MCH, and watching as Belias straight jumped with 2 seconds left on Wildfire and seemed to take no damage from it, I came to the conclusion that this job just isn't for me. Also, that Instant 50 heat move somehow got so badly off sync fighting Yiazmat somehow and god drat building heat that doesn't involve that move or flamethrower takes for loving ever.

But I don't regret spending the Wolf Marks to get the Revolver of the Wanderer for glamour purposes

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Between Kimahri and this I think someone at Square really hates the blue mage concept.

They did it okay in the Bravely games.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Because Vampire was cool and gave you good class abilities even if you didn't engage with the whole Blue Mage mechanic. Although it was pretty busted if you did.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MechaX posted:

After doing Ridorana with MCH, and watching as Belias straight jumped with 2 seconds left on Wildfire and seemed to take no damage from it, I came to the conclusion that this job just isn't for me. Also, that Instant 50 heat move somehow got so badly off sync fighting Yiazmat somehow and god drat building heat that doesn't involve that move or flamethrower takes for loving ever.

But I don't regret spending the Wolf Marks to get the Revolver of the Wanderer for glamour purposes

did someone say revolver of the wanderer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's neat that Doma has a Woody Harrelson

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it's neat that Doma has a Woody Harrelson

I always thought he looked like a bald Neil Patrick Harris.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Someone posted a shot of a Lala MCH with a regular-sized pistol a while back, what gun was that?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Schubalts posted:

Someone posted a shot of a Lala MCH with a regular-sized pistol a while back, what gun was that?

Probably the Garo PVP one, if it looked like Bayonetta's gun

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

FactsAreUseless posted:

Main Scenario Quest roulette grants an enormous chunk of experience if you can stomach doing it. Just watch some YouTube or poo poo on another monitor during the cutscenes or something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Violently Car posted:

Main Scenario Quest roulette grants an enormous chunk of experience if you can stomach doing it. Just watch some YouTube or poo poo on another monitor during the cutscenes or something.
Does it? Huh. I always figured it was just good for the tomes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably the Garo PVP one, if it looked like Bayonetta's gun

Yup, that was it, thanks. Kinda makes me want to unlock MCH eventually.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

MechaX posted:

Belias is quite possibly the worst fight in the game and I hate him so much. Summoner is almost as bad as Machinist in that fight, since he loves to jump away right as you summon Bahamut, and even RDM is bound to have a couple of its melee combos cut off halfway through because of how often he jumps WITH NO CAST BAR. gently caress, at least O10S's two invincible phases come at consistent times, and most other i'm-flying-away-now-wheeee bosses have a cast bar to let you know when they're going to go away, but not that huge flaming rear end in a top hat.

Anyways, to calm down a bit, orange is a good color and I'm breaking out my summer casual glamour a bit (too) early. also i'm still in love with this hair even if the grey looks a bit too intense in spots.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Yup, that was it, thanks. Kinda makes me want to unlock MCH eventually.
MCH has strong glam game but if you dislike it shares most of its equipment with BRD

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Dear Squeenix, please combine Aiming and Scouting gear into one shared category since they already share main stats anyway and I want to use the Amon's set as as NIN want to make drop rates a bit better.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Asimo posted:

Dear Squeenix, please combine Aiming and Scouting gear into one shared category since they already share main stats anyway and I want to use the Amon's set as as NIN want to make drop rates a bit better.
But if they did that, how would you tell classes apart?

*releases hundreds of cosmetic items equippable to all classes*

It would be chaos!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just want Square to stop being weird and Japanese about gendered equipment. I can have armor that gives my female character a completely male torso along with pecs and abs, but god forbid I wear a different cut of pants.

But I can see why it's tough, as there are literally zero real-world examples of women wearing men's fashions or vice-versa.

Edit: Also give me Au Ra that act anything at all like Au Ra NPCs instead of the weird schoolgirl fantasy body language they have now

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Sup

Pagos is still absolute shiiiiit

Whoever keeps pushing for light grinds in the dev team needs punched. Christ this is just the worst

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

MechaX posted:

Hate to tell you this but Belias sucks poo poo as any job. It just really sucks poo poo as MCH.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Grimace posted:

Sup

Pagos is still absolute shiiiiit

Whoever keeps pushing for light grinds in the dev team needs punched. Christ this is just the worst
I did a dungeon today with someone who had just started FFXIV after a decade with FFXI.

They're coming.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Edit: Also give me Au Ra that act anything at all like Au Ra NPCs instead of the weird schoolgirl fantasy body language they have now

This always gets me about the Au Ra women. They look like someone just said something incredibly creepy to them and now they’re just uncomfortably putting up with being around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FactsAreUseless posted:

When they were first featured they came across as very cold and kinda sarcastic, and I was like "drat that's actually cool, maybe I'll change to one" but then we got this instead.

But unfortunately yoship loves the lady au ra so we're stuck with this forever