Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

kri kri posted:

The us investigation has been going on for decades.

It's been going on for six years according to the man who investigated corruption in 2010 for BBC's Panorama (Andrew Jennings).

Valcke has denied he is the official who made key payments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

stickyfngrdboy posted:

It's been going on for six years according to the man who investigated corruption in 2010 for BBC's Panorama (Andrew Jennings).

At least six. U.S. reports have been saying that the investigation states side has been in the works since 1994, when Clinton apparently directed it be opened.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Teddybear posted:

At least six. U.S. reports have been saying that the investigation states side has been in the works since 1994, when Clinton apparently directed it be opened.

Maybe that's true, what did Fox News say on it?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Teddybear posted:

Oh, so instead of sour grapes over not hosting the World Cup it was sour grapes over not winning the World Cup that we hosted.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Teddybear posted:

It was probably known after the US got it that we had to pay people off for the WC, and since it's no the IOC or one of our sports leagues Clinton probably directed the DOJ to find out just how deep the rabbit hole of corruption was.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Maybe that's true, what did Fox News say on it?

This tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBkbj_S3etY

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 2, 2015

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Apparently about an hour after that denial was issued, a letter came up in a story by the New York Times implicating Jerome Valcke

e: sonuva

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

A Winner is Jew posted:

It was probably known after the US got it that we had to pay people off for the WC, and since it's no the IOC or one of our sports leagues Clinton probably directed the DOJ to find out just how deep the rabbit hole of corruption was.

This tbh

Clinton just wanted to know for certain who was who. The sleaziness of the sleazoids he pardoned on his way out is mind-boggling.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

This tbh

lol that's amazing

edit: I'm saying that because I assume it's satirical, please tell me I'm correct.

stickyfngrdboy fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 2, 2015

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Fifa have called a press conference this afternoon at short notice (I think less than an hour). The media weren't exactly prepared:

quote:

Richard Conway ✔@richard_conway
So... Media headcount. Me, Brian from Reuters, a German radio journo from ARD and a gent from the Swiss press. 2 photographers. Cosy.
4:39 PM - 2 Jun 2015

Livefeed at The Guardian (as usual): http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jun/02/fifa-calls-press-conference-amid-latest-corruption-claims-live

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

mackintosh posted:

Western Europe is a decadent cesspool of corruption, faggotry and moral decay. They lost their balls in WWII and the pussy whipped dickless wonders won't let them graft them back. Frankly, it's disgusting and appalling how men feared throughout the world have turned into women, slapped around by muslim immigrants, enslaved and subservient to blood oil money, quaking in their boots in their own god damned countries they no longer own or control.

Sepp will rule supreme and Western Europe will take it and enjoy it, because that's how it likes it, like a ravaged whore that it is.

Agreed, I hope some kind of strong leader sorts us out and unites us behind a common purpose, or lacking that...a common enemy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

EvilHawk posted:

Fifa have called a press conference this afternoon at short notice (I think less than an hour). The media weren't exactly prepared:

Livefeed at The Guardian (as usual): http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jun/02/fifa-calls-press-conference-amid-latest-corruption-claims-live

Some choice quotes

quote:

Media room not prepared. Staff rushing to install power cables. Clear sign of the haste with which Fifa called this press conference.

quote:

Fifa spokesperson refuses to confirm what the news conference in just over one hour's time is being called for.

quote:

If this is all to do with the handshake for peace i'm genuinely going to lose it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

PerpetualSelf posted:

The Euros were not better than the last World Cup it's not even funny.

Euros are pretty drat boring in fact. Copa America is often more interesting.

Euros need to be majorly restructured if they want to be interesting enough to match the World Cup. Nobody outside of Europe watches that poo poo.

Greece won in 04, therefore the Euros are cool and good and fair. Hail UEFA.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

EvilHawk posted:

There's also a a live video: http://cdn.swisscomstream.ch/fifa/01/player_hls.html

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Delayed by 30 minutes

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I wish we hadnt shut down extraordinary rendition and black sites. They'd be useful for guys like volckn

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

I wish we hadnt shut down extraordinary rendition and black sites.

lmao as if

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Blatter is going to show the first gameplay footage of Fallout 4

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

I wish we hadnt shut down extraordinary rendition and black sites. They'd be useful for guys like volckn
We still have Gitmo!

JSARSOM posted:

Blatter is going to show the first gameplay footage of Fallout 4
He's going to give a twenty-minute monologue about how women's teams being in FIFA 16 is a great step forward for football and then leave.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

We still have Gitmo!

He's going to give a twenty-minute monologue about how women's teams being in FIFA 16 is a great step forward for football and then leave.

It's a Let's Play where he spends an hour creating a custom female player, only to throw the controller down and storm off when he realizes that he can't edit the length of the shorts.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

quote:

Blatter and Scala name plate now removed from press conference top table. Only De Gregorio remains. What is going on?

They're now thinking the press conference is going to be cancelled.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sounds like Blatter is bailing

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
This is amazing

"Watch FIFA implode in real time!"

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

:siren:WE HAVE BLATTER:siren:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Is he stepping down!? This is a stepping down type of speech.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is this happening?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Is he resigning?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Holy poo poo i think it's happening

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sepp looks like a defeated man right now.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

any live link

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Hegay posted:

any live link

http://cdn.swisscomstream.ch/fifa/01/player_hls.html

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

No loving way

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hegay posted:

any live link

http://cdn.swisscomstream.ch/fifa/01/player_hls.html

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
Ding dong the witch is dead. Finally!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

OH MY loving GOD HE JUST QUIT

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

:tviv:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
oh my god I have it on my tvs here at the bar but there's no subtitles

what's going on

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
daaaaaaaaamn

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
you're welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU