Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

This is so extremely dirty & hosed up that not once did I ever wonder why it's always been called "PSX". Thinking about it now, maybe I just assumed it was retroactively labeled that to keep abbreviations neat at three characters, and the "X" denoted a lack of number. It wasn't called the "PlayStation 1" after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its because consoles needed a 3 letter abbreviation like the very silly 'game cube nintendo' gcn

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

The Bananana posted:

Is this the best thread for troubleshooting an issue with the ps5?

What’s your issue? We try to help with that sort of thing yeah.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Real hurthling! posted:

I plug it into the tv instead of streaming but you might get better results if you didnt use the apple tv as a middle man

Yeah, the problem is my PC is not on the same floor as my TV so doing a direct HDMI connection isn't happening. I might run Ethernet through the basement and pull it up to the living room and see if that gives me a better connection, along with maybe dropping the ATV and getting a Shield or something instead. I definitely would love to be able to play PC games on the couch.

Real hurthling! posted:

3 hours in and im not a kena fan so far.
The level design is like the most boring parts of 3rd person aaa games but done on an indie budget so theres no variety when you are doing the lame uncharted climbing or beating up the same tree dude enemy in the nth combat arena.
The level design is also pretty disorienting and im never sure if im taking the correct path to progress.
Combat is tuned poorly. The only options are story mode: enemies rarely ever attack or normal mode: hope you are great at parrying or else you will die and reload and hard mode: lol if you got gud at this dumb game.
It looks pretty good tho.

Normal mode is pretty tough but I don't feel the need to parry that often. There's a couple boss fights that really need it but otherwise I mainly roll and shield. Agreed about the level design though, I feel like I'm checking the map a lot. There's some cool mechanics in the game as it opens up, well worth sticking with for a couple more hours imo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Bananana posted:

50% chance of some kind of answer
50% of nobody replying at all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

prom candy posted:

Yeah, the problem is my PC is not on the same floor as my TV so doing a direct HDMI connection isn't happening. I might run Ethernet through the basement and pull it up to the living room and see if that gives me a better connection, along with maybe dropping the ATV and getting a Shield or something instead. I definitely would love to be able to play PC games on the couch.

Normal mode is pretty tough but I don't feel the need to parry that often. There's a couple boss fights that really need it but otherwise I mainly roll and shield. Agreed about the level design though, I feel like I'm checking the map a lot. There's some cool mechanics in the game as it opens up, well worth sticking with for a couple more hours imo.

Yeah i use a gaming laptop in my living room so i can play whether i got the tv or not. Just about the only decent use case for one ive found. Fits good under the tv too.

I have to look at the map constantly is pretty frustrating

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What size shoes does Tim wear?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

anyone got any good reason my playstation 5 is getting 85.2 mbps download speed when plugged into my router directly but my phone is getting 233 Mbps over wifi?

:thunk:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

anyone got any good reason my playstation 5 is getting 85.2 mbps download speed when plugged into my router directly but my phone is getting 233 Mbps over wifi?

:thunk:

PSN is complete trash.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Bananana posted:

I have a tech question too. My PS5 is playing video games on it, not sure how to fix?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

History Comes Inside! posted:

Who takes a day off work for a YouTube video?

This person rescheduled a stream to make time for Tim, does that count

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Tim Rogers lives rent free in his rich girlfriend's apartment she inherited from her relatives, and from his own posts sounds like he is just an amazingly lovely boyfriend.

1) She asked to watch a movie with him a few months ago and he has not done it yet because he's been busy. This particular movie is like 90 minutes long and she's been asking since April
2) Instead of putting away laundry he just throws his clothes over a non functioning tv, because he has no furniture, which he claims is because the apartment is really strict about packages... FRIENDO

Lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

enojy posted:

This is so extremely dirty & hosed up that not once did I ever wonder why it's always been called "PSX". Thinking about it now, maybe I just assumed it was retroactively labeled that to keep abbreviations neat at three characters, and the "X" denoted a lack of number. It wasn't called the "PlayStation 1" after all.

oh sweet summer child

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

I’m joking, the only Patreon my money goes to is cum town !!

ohhhhhhhh ho ho poo poo yes bitch

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 26, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Tim Rogers lives rent free in his rich girlfriend's apartment she inherited from her relatives, and from his own posts sounds like he is just an amazingly lovely boyfriend.

1) She asked to watch a movie with him a few months ago and he has not done it yet because he's been busy. This particular movie is like 90 minutes long and she's been asking since April
2) Instead of putting away laundry he just throws his clothes over a non functioning tv, because he has no furniture, which he claims is because the apartment is really strict about packages... FRIENDO

who knew the guy who makes tedious video game editorial content is a terrible companion

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

man nurse posted:

Gonna also throw my hat into the ring as someone who is tired of the YouTube man details. Please just go to the other thread.

Fix posted:

Not empty quoting.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

he lives rent free in two places from the sounds of it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I played a Switch the other day for the first time and lol it felt like such a cheap flimsy piece of poo poo. I was on the fence about maybe getting one for portable gaming but it's a definite hard pass from me now. Felt so bad to hold in my hands

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

I played a Switch the other day for the first time and lol it felt like such a cheap flimsy piece of poo poo. I was on the fence about maybe getting one for portable gaming but it's a definite hard pass from me now. Felt so bad to hold in my hands

FWIW I just converted my launch switch to the new OLED model and it really does feel more like a phone or a tablet now with a metal backplate instead of like a cheap plastic doodad. I love my Switch, it’s an indispensable part of my gaming ecosystem. Being able to play video games anyway we anytime really suits my lifetsyle//work schedul

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

he lives rent free in two places from the sounds of it

:hmmyes:

There us another thread for you timhaters to post in you know so we dont have to see it. Cos thats the only thing making GBS threads up the thread is how people are mad online about him. The pro tim posts are chill and few between. Check the tape.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Switch has good games but I play it 100% handheld now. I dunno if I could go from a ps5 game to a docked switch game in 2022

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

FWIW I just converted my launch switch to the new OLED model and it really does feel more like a phone or a tablet now with a metal backplate instead of like a cheap plastic doodad. I love my Switch, it’s an indispensable part of my gaming ecosystem. Being able to play video games anyway we anytime really suits my lifetsyle//work schedul

I just play mtg arena on my phone when I've got some game time away from home!! I cant even think of a single game off the top of my head that I'd want to play on switch anyway

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fridge corn posted:

I think you're in the minority with that opinion

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vikar Jerome posted:

There us another thread for you timhaters to post in you know so we dont have to see it. Cos thats the only thing making GBS threads up the thread is how people are mad online about him. The pro tim posts are chill and few between. Check the tape.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

Combat is tuned poorly. The only options are story mode: enemies rarely ever attack or normal mode: hope you are great at parrying or else you will die and reload and hard mode: lol if you got gud at this dumb game.

My 12 year old daughter did pretty great at the combat and never parried. Once she got the bow, hardly ever swung the staff, either.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm in a weird gaming rut ever since finishing Night in the Woods, nothing is holding my attention. I'm strangely looking forward to them adding fishing to Skyrim in two weeks which is how I know I'm in a rut because that shouldn't be exciting to anybody.

Vikar Jerome posted:

The anti-tim people are winning because I've never seen a video but now I exclusively associate him with endless bad posts about posts

:angel: ~including this one~ :angel:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I like this Tim Rogers guy. Posting about it itt atm tyvm hth

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

full confirmation

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Tim Rogers owns and I'm happy I'm not starting work again until next week so tomorrow morning I can see whatever the hell happens on this stream he's doing and then watch the video. Might need to go to the conbini and get some snacks for it actually

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Holy poo poo hahaha

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

I agree with what you say but also i never use my switch handheld

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

bowmore posted:

I think you're in the minority with that opinion

i don't like playing my switch not because it's a flimsy plastic whatever (which it is) but because the controllers are designed for the hands of 6-year-olds and i can literally never figure out which button is which even when the on screen prompt tells me what button to press.

code:
  x
y   a
  b
is the most absurd layout. maybe because i actually have the xbox controller mapped in my brain from when i had a 360 for a while. also ZR and ZL just don't register in my brain properly. i know a trigger from a bumper (are they still called that?) on xbox but the switch just legit doesn't make sense to me. i'm willing to admit that this is a me problem, but also the fact that every button is so small and way too close to each other is objective criticism.

not to mention the games are all pretty ho-hum who cares. the only game i have ever finished on my switch is A Short Hike, which is coming to playstation anyway. and it's a great game so you should buy it when it comes out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

switch is great. You can play Witcher 3 and Doom on the bus, toilet, airplane, anywhere you want.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ShoogaSlim posted:

not to mention the games are all pretty ho-hum who cares. the only game i have ever finished on my switch is A Short Hike, which is coming to playstation anyway. and it's a great game so you should buy it when it comes out.

Oh, you are a very specific market.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“the only game I actually played on switch was a boring walking simulator made for little babbas, why is the console bad?!”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just a tease there ;)

Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, BOTW… the Xbox stays winning!!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

a short hike is at both 1/100th the game of botw and also 100x the game of botw

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fuckin' everyone just trolling the PS5 thread now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

switch is great. You can play Witcher 3 and Doom on the bus, toilet, airplane, anywhere you want.

This is kinda what I was thinking but when I realised all I wanted to do with it was play lovely versions of games I already played coupled with the fact that it will feel lovely to play them as well my idea of switch ownership went straight in the bin

The little bit of botw i played did not impress me much