Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Does anybody know how to cancel a ping once you set if off.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can anybody recommend a good AAR/LP/guide for V2: HoD that would be suitable for somebody who understand most of the mechanics of the game but hasn't played for a few years? I'm particularly interested in optimal research path and early industrialisation.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yolomancer posted:

Can anybody recommend a good AAR/LP/guide for V2: HoD that would be suitable for somebody who understand most of the mechanics of the game but hasn't played for a few years? I'm particularly interested in optimal research path and early industrialisation.

Kersch or whatever did one as Brazil. I dunno if it was optimal but it was really easy to follow. It's probably in the lp archive.

Disappointing egg
Jun 21, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Kersch or whatever did one as Brazil. I dunno if it was optimal but it was really easy to follow. It's probably in the lp archive.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561965

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Uh it's definitely not optimal lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've decided that single player Stellaris where you actually pause and pay attention to what's going on is too easy to be fun. But now I just play online with friends at fast or fastest only and being a month behind on AI actions due to my natural reflexes adds some semblance of balance to the game. I hope HOI4 is better and I look forward to reactions in here about it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kersch posted:

Uh it's definitely not optimal lmao

Vicky 2 is the only modern Map game I didn't become awesome at.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683013059&searchtext=

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Vicky 2 is the only modern Map game I didn't become awesome at.

I don't think its possible to.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
vicky 2 is piss easy

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
we're all gonna play victoria 2 competitive multiplayer, and corn in the bible will reign supreme.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
can i get a HELL YES for some Imp. Zone. IMPERIALISM?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lets play march of the eagles then hand-convert that save to vicky.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

vicky 2 is piss easy

I never bothered to find out.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

*prepares to be annihilated by yolomancer* the uh early reviews of total war: Warhammer are saying it's pretty good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Total War games are cool but I just hope its not like Atilla and Rome. Those games are cool but you basically just execute variations on the same extremely basic strategy of break morale -> cavalry charge from the flanks over and over. But I guess Warhammer Fantasy has cannons and magic and flying units and stuff.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

has anybody played eu4 since the latest patch, is it good again

i think i already asked this, idk

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BBJoey posted:

has anybody played eu4 since the latest patch, is it good again

i think i already asked this, idk

I can't stand to play it for more than 5 minutes because as soon as I conquer some territory I'm forced to interact with my 2 least favorite things in the game, states/territories and estates. They aren't all that bad but what it boils down to is you have to click more per province for no particular reason.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

one of the paradox devs in the hoi4 thread is arguing that its a waste of resources to use tanks in an invasion of the soviet union

should i be worried

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it can't be worse than hoi3 which i tried to play again today

australia was at war with new zealand but the ai couldn't figure out how to load transports with soldiers to invade it so they all just stood on the shore

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

one of the paradox devs in the hoi4 thread is arguing that its a waste of resources to use tanks in an invasion of the soviet union

should i be worried

is it groogy? because he has a disease

e: of loving course it's groogy

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If I still said the N word online, there's a particularly crass nickname that's now free for groogy.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i despise groogy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The paradox devs should post in this thread

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If I still said the N word online, there's a particularly crass nickname that's now free for groogy.

Thank you for not saying the N word.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BBJoey posted:

i despise groogy

net cafe scandal posted:

Thank you for not saying the N word.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry and Stairmaster, you around tomorrow to finish our game?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Larry and Stairmaster, you around tomorrow to finish our game?

Yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome. Me and my friend will be around tomorrow to play all afternoon probably

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone played Galciv 3? It's $13.60 on steam, at the moment.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I heard it wasn't as good as 2 but i barely played any of that one so who knows.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It's 2 with a shinier coat of paint and a few minor changes to the mechanics that weren't particularly impressive. I don't regret spending the $20 I paid for it but I can't imagine playing it for a while now that Stellaris is out.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

figured out how to make sectors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still haven't really. It seems stupid that you can't toggle around different sections without hitting a confirm button. It just spends influence willy nilly. I did figure out that if you take over someone or incorporate them you need to break apart their planets into individual sectors until they're not unhappy anymore

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just enslave them lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

its basically galciv 2 + expansions. goodf or like ten years ago, completely irrelevant now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I had one game of gal civ 2 that was super good a few years back, no other game of galciv has gotten close to it due to changes in the ai so in going to assume 3 is a disappointment on general principle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BBJoey posted:

is it groogy? because he has a disease

e: of loving course it's groogy

i love that he got dragged into this huge stupid argument defending tanks being useless and then podcat pops in and says "oh yeah that was a couple builds ago and broken so we fixed it"