Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

boner confessor posted:

democrats: "we will target $12 minimum wage in some areas, $15 in others, until we reach a gradual sustained living wage across broad areas of..."

american left electorate: "not good enough from the WAR CRIMINAL OBAMA"

republicans: "we will ban islam and cut taxes until all americans are employed in the same carefree high paying jobs they had just out of high school"

american right electorate: *wild applause, hooting*

Shitloads of people would lose their jobs if they actually passed a $15 minimum wage too, but probably not the college student left, so it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Teddybear posted:

Nutso libertarians like Paul can occasionally be relied on when it comes to criminal justice procedural matters.
Rand would rather they be shot by a drone during the commission of their crime anyway.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

Rand would rather they be shot by a drone during the commission of their crime anyway.

"Three Drone Strikes and you're out"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sinteres posted:

Because Republicans have massive built in advantages in both chambers of Congress and Democrats still haven't figured out a way to even remotely pay for single payer yet. Trying to play catch up with the rest of the civilized world on healthcare long after the market inflated our costs through the loving roof is going to be expensive as hell, and sloganeering about it is way easier than actually doing it. Republicans are finding out that even smashing something is harder than saying it, and single payer is going to be a hell of a lot harder than that.

Democrats should just implement it even if they don't have a way to pay for it.

Sinteres posted:

Shitloads of people would lose their jobs if they actually passed a $15 minimum wage too, but probably not the college student left, so it's cool.

This is almost certainly wrong.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

mcmagic posted:

Democrats should just implement it even if they don't have a way to pay for it.

Works for Republicans and wars.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

JailTrump posted:

Let's Come up with Dem Slogans ITT:

America For All
Rebuild Freedom

I stand by my simple slogan:

Save jobs, save healthcare, save America: Vote Democrat

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sinteres posted:

wrong, and also don't quote me shithead

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

This is almost certainly wrong.

There's certainly no data to reach a conclusion either way.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

boner confessor posted:

wrong, and also don't quote me shithead

Hard to argue with that.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Would you guys like it more if it was "Better Schools. Better Jobs. Better Wages" instead of "Better Skills. Better Jobs. Better Wages"?

Maybe it implies many of our schools are poo (which they are but people either don't want to admit it or don't want to pay for other schools to improve).

"A Better Deal" does sound nice to me. I like deals.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/888128947879239680

quote:

The deductibles would be so high, in fact, that they’d violate maximums set in U.S. law, an analysis by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Thursday. Under Obamacare, by comparison, an individual in a standard plan would have a deductible of roughly $5,000.

Goddamn.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is any major news outlet running with that HHS report about using Obamacare money to run ads against it? Because that's huge if true.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Covok posted:

"Save" is too evocative of rear guard action. It needs to be more proactive.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

How about

Together We Stand

Together Strong

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Democrats 2020: "Bernie Would Have Lost"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

JeffersonClay posted:

There's certainly no data to reach a conclusion either way.

There are conflicting studies about Seattle's minimum wage hike, but even if a $12 minimum is sustainable in Seattle, a $15 minimum probably isn't sustainable in poorer parts of the country. Automation is coming for us all eventually, but doubling the minimum wage would do a lot to speed that up for some of those jobs. They're not good jobs anyway, but until we reach a societal consensus on what we do about unskilled laborers when their labor isn't needed anymore (and we aren't remotely there), we probably need to be careful about that sort of thing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

mcmagic posted:

"Save" is too evocative of rear guard action. It needs to be more proactive.

Protect jobs, Protect Healthcare, Protect America: Vote Democrat?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
"Healthcare for all", there. That's something you run on.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Aves Maria! posted:

"Healthcare for all", there. That's something you run on.

Works for me, now let's find a way to pay for it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Would you guys like it more if it was "Better Schools. Better Jobs. Better Wages" instead of "Better Skills. Better Jobs. Better Wages"?

Maybe it implies many of our schools are poo (which they are but people either don't want to admit it or don't want to pay for other schools to improve).

Americans don't like the idea of those people getting an education.

I stand by "MAKE THEM PAY"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Covok posted:

Same problem.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

Democrats: Rise of Freedom

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

For the Millions, not the Millionaires.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

JailTrump posted:

Together Strong

Make America American again.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

JailTrump posted:

Let's Come up with Dem Slogans ITT:

America For All
Rebuild Freedom

Submit To Your Corporate Masters And Be Happy

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

JailTrump posted:

Democrats: Rise of Freedom

Democrats: Dawn of Justice

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Democrats 2.0: Think Different

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

mcmagic posted:

For the Millions, not the Millionaires.

Good luck getting any funding

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

mcmagic posted:

Same problem.

"Grab Jobs, Healthcare, and America by the Pussy!"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

We should actually just ask Corbyn if we can use his slogan. For the Many, Not the Few is really good.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Sinteres posted:

Works for me, now let's find a way to pay for it.

I suggest America take a page out of other countries' books when they do so.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sinteres posted:

We should actually just ask Corbyn if we can use his slogan. For the Many, Not the Few is really good.

It's great. They should use it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

"A Better Deal" is a more workable slogan in about four completely different ways, and would even evoke the New Deal for some of the older voters.

So why is that not the one we're reading about? Instead we have to talk about the Papa John's ripoff? Gah.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
America For All, Not Just The Few

Here We Rise

Push On

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/888129141039546368

Ok. I will

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Sinteres posted:

Can we just somehow hire him as head of the DNC?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Brony Car posted:

'Better skills' reads as bosses complaining about a skill gap being why they can't fill positions while in reality they just don't want to raise wages and have become accustomed to employers getting everything they want from the labor pool post recession.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Dems Scream Death as OCare dies! -Democratic Party, 2018

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Cimber posted:

538 made a really good 'what-if clinton won'. I think its probably very accurate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/if-clinton-had-won/

I made it down to "Attorney General Joe Lieberman" before I had to bite down on something and close the tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Good luck getting any funding
~everyone to Bernie

• Locked thread