Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah but get a USB or wireless one, not one of those lovely chatpads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chemist needs to be like their FFT counterparts. Including the guns. And their AoE heals should be throwing a potion of some sort into the air and loving shooting it. :colbert:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Theres some guy crafting things using three characters in perfect unison and Im very confused. ARe they a gil seller? Are they just insane? Who knows

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

It’s probably just three people using the same crafting macro.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm so close to having every class to 70, I'm not sure what I'll do when it's over.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Verranicus posted:

I'm so close to having every class to 70, I'm not sure what I'll do when it's over.

Desynth

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Verranicus posted:

BIG FISHING

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Verranicus posted:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

King Crab posted:

Having just got to Ishgard, of course I'm going to level from 30 to 50 again as a dark knight.

I'm enjoying tanking in 4 man leveling dungeons but will I get left behind as I get to the trials?

I'm on ps4, so communication is a little more annoying without a keyboard.

Is it worth investing in one to plug into my controller?

No.

It is, however, worth getting one to plug into your console. Don't bother with the thumbboard poo poo.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
How on earth did you get to HW without a keyboard? Just buy a cheap wireless one I can’t imagine playing without being able to communicate with other people

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

as i reached the end of stormblood i heard a lot of talk about how terrible eureka was so i never bothered to look into it

tonight i decided i wanted an anemos weapons so i finally dipped my toes into eureka

and you know what?

it suuuuuuuuucks rear end lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I could see it being fun as a bard, and uhhh A red mage. Well thats it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trying out some SAM glams, here's what I have thrown together.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

A bit late to the party but I don't see a raiden is a problem - if the parties are well well-coordinated and not using defensive logograms (looking at you, plateshitter.) then the boss can get burned down before even exaflares. AV isn't too much of a problem either, as long as you prioritize adds and have a call out for eidos and dark/light. Ozma remains the true challenge as it simply just has too many insta kill mechanics and anything that hits you in that fight is pretty much a death.We got to a 9% wipe the other day due to the adds just straight up having a multiple cast enrage if you don't burn them down within seconds and half of our team had already have been teleported back to camp. BA in general is a huge amount of fun though, I really do hope they do this again, just a bit more accessible next time.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'm up to 34 Smoldering Pyros Crystals traded now and still can't break 650 stats on my dumb bow. This is the most worthless timesink. My OCD is gonna be the death of me.

Control Volume posted:

Theres some guy crafting things using three characters in perfect unison and Im very confused. ARe they a gil seller? Are they just insane? Who knows

I wouldn't be surprised if it's one guy triple boxing, but I can't say for sure- it would make sense though. Obtaining Signature has been playing atleast since the 2.0 days because I've owned many pieces of gear crafted by him. I always found the name funny, thinking back to FFXI where "obtaining signature" was a common error on crafted items made with special crystals.

Triple boxing or not, they must be loving rich if they have been doing high level crafting for that long, and also given the frequency of how often they sell high level gear.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"Obtaining Signature" is the tag the game displays if the crafter can't be determined. As far as I know it mainly shows up if the item's crafter did not log in since the last server restart, or if they moved to a different server.

There are players using the name as a joke, too, of course.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

keirharder posted:

How on earth did you get to HW without a keyboard? Just buy a cheap wireless one I can’t imagine playing without being able to communicate with other people

I'm through Stormblood without one. In content where communication is really important you're on voice comms. I don't need to talk to my party in Sohm Al.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

keirharder posted:

You don't need one outside of the one or two quests where you need to type something in /say, and even then it's like one to three words.

Passive aggressive jumping is the only communication you need, really.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Any insight on what RDM should prioritize for materia?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

spellspeed

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Like most jobs, I believe rdm wants crit and direct hit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kaubocks posted:

as i reached the end of stormblood i heard a lot of talk about how terrible eureka was so i never bothered to look into it

tonight i decided i wanted an anemos weapons so i finally dipped my toes into eureka

and you know what?

it suuuuuuuuucks rear end lol

They eventually got it right and made a place filled with neat little secrets and a map that isn't a nightmare slog to traverse, isn't filled with bullshit gotchas like the over level cap dragons you have to RP walk around to not instantly die from AND has a really cool dungeon in it instead of just just having the end thing be yet another FATE.

It's the last one and it'll take you 30 hours of grind to get to it lmao.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

King Crab posted:

Having just got to Ishgard, of course I'm going to level from 30 to 50 again as a dark knight.

I'm enjoying tanking in 4 man leveling dungeons but will I get left behind as I get to the trials?

I'm on ps4, so communication is a little more annoying without a keyboard.

Is it worth investing in one to plug into my controller?

get a logitech k400 or a k400 plus. its cheap, wireless, and it as a trackpad which is nice for setting up hotbars/hud

ive used one since i got ffxiv for ps4 and its perfect for it

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
Well yeah you don’t technically need one but it’s pretty weird playing an mmo and not communicating with anyone outside of discord.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

keirharder posted:

Well yeah you don’t technically need one but it’s pretty weird playing an mmo and not communicating with anyone outside of discord.

Also, what are you supposed to do if you can't tell how :wrong: someone is on shout?

Chippzz
Mar 22, 2008
Goon wedding on excal starting from 12pm est or 30 mins from this post. Invites being handed out at the temple of 12. Come get your box minion.

E:
And my video file of the wedding is corrupt. RIP.

Chippzz fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 23, 2019

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chippzz posted:

Goon wedding on excal starting from 12pm est or 30 mins from this post. Invites being handed out at the temple of 12. Come get your box minion.

Box minion is no longer existant. It's now a moogle.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tashilicious posted:

Box minion is no longer existant. It's now a moogle.

seems i was wrong it is both.

wedding is a success. dick jokes abounded, we charged the altar with AoE explosions, a blue mage died.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Crit > Direct Hit >= Det > Spell Speed

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you know it's a good wedding when I have to say "ignore the corpse in that one picture"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The 50-60 goldsmith questline is extremely wholesome

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Tashilicious posted:

you know it's a good wedding when I have to say "ignore the corpse in that one picture"

Please don't talk about the groom like that.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Control Volume posted:

The 50-60 goldsmith questline is extremely wholesome

Gsm is lowkey the actual best job quests in the game. 60-70 is cute as well.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How does switching Grand Companies work? There's a bunch of unique stuff from each, right? What do you lose when you switch, and how do the pvp titles that are tied to PVP rank and GC work?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

How does switching Grand Companies work? There's a bunch of unique stuff from each, right? What do you lose when you switch, and how do the pvp titles that are tied to PVP rank and GC work?
First time switching is free, afterwards it's 50,000 gil per change. You can only change once every 15 real world days. You can't use Grand Company specific items while not in that company. PVP achievements only factor which team you're on, which doesn't necessarily tie into your actual Grand Company (though it'll certainly try to match you to yours if you let it).

You maintain your GC-specific rank and such in case you switch back, but you'll start at minimum rank in your new GC (unless you've already been on it before). It's possible to "max" every Grand Company, though you only get the active benefits of whichever one you're currently part of.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Control Volume posted:

I think these are the fuckers who crashed everything on Lamia to a third of its price so I'm gonna go with insane

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

kind of impressed how bad eureka is, actually

i'm level 9. i did the challenge log entries for the elemental enemies. from here my options seem to be:

1) kill ashkin to do that log entry. only show up at night, so you have to wait if you just aren't around at the right time. they have to be at your level. they will kill you even 1-on-1 and take over a minute to fight. do this 60 times for one level worth of xp.

2) kill sprites to do that log entry. only shows up ?????, so you have to wait for ?????. probably see above, i've never even seen one yet.

3) kill normal enemies for about 200xp a pop. oh poo poo this blistering speed

4) party up with nobody because everyone asking for parties in /shout is double my level

maybe i just have a complete fundamental misunderstanding of how to even get off the loving ground but what am i even supposed to do outside of wait for a week just to kill elemental enemies again? this challenge log xp absolutely isn't going to keep up at all and i feel like it's going to take weeks if not months just to hit 20

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Okay so

How do you play Bard? I think this is the first job where I straight up don't know what I'm doing besides pushing the buttons.

Control Volume posted:

Heyyy, I bought a Mythril Ring of Crafting from Obtaining Signature in Excalibur. Didn't know they were on Lamia too.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kaubocks posted:

kind of impressed how bad eureka is, actually

i'm level 9. i did the challenge log entries for the elemental enemies. from here my options seem to be:

1) kill ashkin to do that log entry. only show up at night, so you have to wait if you just aren't around at the right time. they have to be at your level. they will kill you even 1-on-1 and take over a minute to fight. do this 60 times for one level worth of xp.

2) kill sprites to do that log entry. only shows up ?????, so you have to wait for ?????. probably see above, i've never even seen one yet.

3) kill normal enemies for about 200xp a pop. oh poo poo this blistering speed

4) party up with nobody because everyone asking for parties in /shout is double my level

maybe i just have a complete fundamental misunderstanding of how to even get off the loving ground but what am i even supposed to do outside of wait for a week just to kill elemental enemies again? this challenge log xp absolutely isn't going to keep up at all and i feel like it's going to take weeks if not months just to hit 20

Basically it works like this:

NMs give pretty bad exp in Anemos until you're approximately on level with them. Your best bet is to just wait for weekly reset, do challenge log again to wind up somewhere around level 15ish, then ride the NM gravy train to 20. In Pagos and Pyros challenge log is next to worthless because NMs give so much loving exp that there's little reason to bother. It can be worthwhile to do challenge log in Anemos until you hit level 23-25 just so that you're eligible for the aethyrites in Pagos though.

Bottom line: The initial startup period sucks, but once you reach the point where you can just follow the train Eureka is pretty chill and even enjoyable. Also the Pagos light grind loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I've bought items from someone with the same name on Ultros, guess they're so dedicated they've made a character on every server or people are just running with the same name.