Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Then come to Toronto and see them

I have such sights to show you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Mambold posted:

Rye for my Reubens goonsire and whiskey for my men!

Have you ever had a reuben on white bread? Because it's not good. It's on par with gently caress ups like using pastrami instead of corned beef. Or cheddar instead of swiss, or saying, "no sauerkraut, I'm a giant weeping mangina."

Not like it's a goddamn club sandwich, there are rules for a reuben.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Or like this bbq place in auckland that serves garlic aioli

loving quit already

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
gently caress YEAH IT'S HOSE DRINKIN SEASON

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Yikes

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Have you ever had a reuben on white bread? Because it's not good. It's on par with gently caress ups like using pastrami instead of corned beef. Or cheddar instead of swiss, or saying, "no sauerkraut, I'm a giant weeping mangina."

Not like it's a goddamn club sandwich, there are rules for a reuben.

I think that auto disqualifies it from Reuben hood. THIS AIN'T VIETNAM, THERE'S RULES IN REUBENS DONNIE.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A new york italian is to blame for my strict reuben guidelines. He was so guido his drat ringtone was the godfather. The only things he didn't cheap out on in that kitchen was the components of the reuben.

But I've been served heinous creations of it all over the place. Illinois is the worst. White bread, mustard, white cheddar, no russian or 1000 island, menued as a reuben. Corned beef was present. Some shithole small town joint. loving Illinois. Had a good one in Chicago once though, can't remember where.

I needs ma cornd beef.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

A new york italian is to blame for my strict reuben guidelines. He was so guido his drat ringtone was the godfather. The only things he didn't cheap out on in that kitchen was the components of the reuben.

But I've been served heinous creations of it all over the place. Illinois is the worst. White bread, mustard, white cheddar, no russian or 1000 island, menued as a reuben. Corned beef was present. Some shithole small town joint. loving Illinois. Had a good one in Chicago once though, can't remember where.

I needs ma cornd beef.

I lived in central Illinois for like a year and a half and it was goddamn awful

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah. Born and raised. Left at 16.

If it ever seems like I get excited over dumb poo poo, it's because I was raised in the middle of corn fields.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Yeah. Born and raised. Left at 16.

If it ever seems like I get excited over dumb poo poo, it's because I was raised in the middle of corn fields.

:same:

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
I was in Decatur and I never thought I'd be happy to get fired from a job because it meant I had a good reason to move the gently caress out of there

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I would've guessed Champaign, because UIUC and goons have a big cross-section. Decatur is a dying wasteland, but not as barren as the hellscape that's Iroquois county. It's just towns of 400 or 700 or 2000. The county seat is less than 10k, I think.

Just an endless sea of corn and beans and the occasional patch of wheat or straw. For miles in every direction.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I had an interview for a computer janitor job for a GD subcontractor and I think I did great overall but horribly flubbed an easy question I've practiced for but they worded it in such a way I think I may have sunk myself.

:sigh:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Chicago burbs are equally awful to grow up in.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Gary :barf:

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

I would've guessed Champaign, because UIUC and goons have a big cross-section. Decatur is a dying wasteland, but not as barren as the hellscape that's Iroquois county. It's just towns of 400 or 700 or 2000. The county seat is less than 10k, I think.

Just an endless sea of corn and beans and the occasional patch of wheat or straw. For miles in every direction.

Champaign would have been a godsend. I spent every moment in Springfield, Champaign, or BloNo that I possibly could. I'm just lucky my apartment was upwind of ADM

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Zeris posted:

Chicago burbs are equally awful to grow up in.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Small town life for a kid is kinda alright. When your town has 600 people, you eventually get to know most of them. Which ones are nice, who's weird, and who leaves their garage door open so the teenagers can steal old milwaukee light. Beyond that, it's a goddamn idiot trap for those who don't escape and after a few generations of relatively heavy catholic enforced breeding your dating options are limited by who isn't your cousin.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804573&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=57#post471559343

lmao

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Hey dudes another 10-ep run due later this year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh yeah, watch Brockmire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vaq59vsChWQ

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Holy moly indeed

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Godholio posted:

Hey dudes another 10-ep run due later this year.

but why

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

um its more gillian anderson on tv

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yea I'm down with that but the recent episodes were pretty garbage :shrug:

I'm surprised they'd get another shot at it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It wasn't that bad, just a little disjointed which makes sense after that much time and trusting Chris Carter.

Also,

Edit: Also, apparently it pulled in 16M viewers, so yeah Fox will do this until it stops working.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

I had an interview for a computer janitor job for a GD subcontractor and I think I did great overall but horribly flubbed an easy question I've practiced for but they worded it in such a way I think I may have sunk myself.

:sigh:

Its all good theyll probably take you anyways, subs are usually brought on to put asses of questionable aptitude in seats. However, with the pending govt shutdown coming, get ready to be out of work again because get hosed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Contractors generally do not get hosed during a shutdown, unless your contract is supposed to renew during said shutdown. Or unless your company is a bitch.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
at the beginning episode of The Fall Gillian anderson be in PJs and idk thats my fetish

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

Contractors generally do not get hosed during a shutdown, unless your contract is supposed to renew during said shutdown. Or unless your company is a bitch.

Contract doesn't renew until next 2019 at Bangor but apparently most of the staff gets on with GD or gov after a year or two.
I got two other offers today. One was terribly low working at JBLM so nah but the other is at Keyport and is decent money and a good counter to whatever the Bangor job offers.
Of course the closest job at Bremerton fell through.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
id like to just say social distortion gets my vote for best punk band, but im not much of a punk fan

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

id like to just say social distortion gets my vote for best punk band, but im not much of a punk fan

Social D rules. Mike Ness' solo albums are good too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

X-files renewed for 11th season 10 new episodes

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:what:

Thanks for the news, Barry Allen.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
!!!!!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

:stonklol:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

If you are ever in Georgia, check out the Air Force Museum in Macon. Its free.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

:getin:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007