Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

GABA ghoul posted:

The cerebral thrombose side effect that led to the vaccination stops across europe doesn't seem to be occuring in the UK though, which makes everyone wonder what you are doing differently.

Well, the side effects seem to be very, very rare, so we might just not be noticing. I've just read through a very dense article in the Lancet (linked below), whose conclusions appear to be that there... possibly... are some blood clotting side effects associated with the vaccine but the particular conditions are so rare anyway that it's very difficult to attribute any link.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00762-5/fulltext

However, I am not a blood-clot doctor so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

I mean, the same's been said of mercury. :shrug:

OK, let's calm down a bit, not liking licorice doesn't mean it'll start killing people, that's just wishful thinking. You will have to live with the fact we huge weirdos exist and will continue to eat Lakritz.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Pistol_Pete posted:

Well, the side effects seem to be very, very rare, so we might just not be noticing. I've just read through a very dense article in the Lancet (linked below), whose conclusions appear to be that there... possibly... are some blood clotting side effects associated with the vaccine but the particular conditions are so rare anyway that it's very difficult to attribute any link.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00762-5/fulltext

quote:

We are, however, aware that although a substantial fraction of the thromboembolisms seem to be venous, reports are emerging of rare types of multiple thrombosis, bleeding, and thrombocytopenia, apparently similar to disseminated intravascular coagulation, occurring in otherwise healthy individuals shortly after receiving the Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.13 These outcomes are not included in the present analysis.

"We are ignoring the thing that has everyone concerned and caused the pause of AZ vaccinations"

Into the bin it goes.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, it's definitely a strange one. We have 16 cases already in Germany (compared to the 5 in the UK that pidan mentioned) in a much smaller AZ recipient group. I don't think anyone here would disagree that the benefits still greatly outweigh the risk. That's also the official standpoint of EMA, so all these limitations are supposed to be only temporary until there is a clearer picture of what is going on. It's not like it even matters. Demand for the vaccine outstrips supply so much that we still use all the AZ doses that we can get. It's just that they are going to old people instead of oliwan.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Libluini posted:

OK, let's calm down a bit, not liking licorice doesn't mean it'll start killing people, that's just wishful thinking. You will have to live with the fact we huge weirdos exist and will continue to eat Lakritz.

Salzlakritz=Teufelszeug

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Literally everyone in Holland eats Lakritz, it's like the most basic candy you can get.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serendipitaet posted:

Lmao I know people who will do this but at the same time are low key anti vaxxers and it’s just :allears:

Oh I come across these people a lot op. It's equally depressing as it is comical.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

oliwan posted:

Literally everyone in Holland eats Lakritz, it's like the most basic candy you can get.

It was the smell of my grandmother and her house and therefore good.
But salzlakritz makes me nauseous

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

>5% ammonium chloride or geh doch zurück in Kindergarten. Naschen is kein Ponyhof.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

GABA ghoul posted:

Demand for the vaccine outstrips supply so much that we still use all the AZ doses that we can get. It's just that they are going to old people instead of oliwan.

I mean, one of the problems seems to be, at least here in Berlin, that people are refusing to take AZ, either by not showing up to AZ Termin or choosing something else.

I posted this before, but I could choose which type of vaccine I wanted, and the waiting list was like 3 days for AZ, 3-4 weeks for the rest. If you login now, the first non-AZ termine are at the end of May.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

oliwan posted:

Oh I come across these people a lot op. It's equally depressing as it is comical.

TMI, op

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

RickRogers posted:

lakritz=Teufelszeug
:hmmyes:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

oliwan posted:

I mean, one of the problems seems to be, at least here in Berlin, that people are refusing to take AZ, either by not showing up to AZ Termin or choosing something else.

I posted this before, but I could choose which type of vaccine I wanted, and the waiting list was like 3 days for AZ, 3-4 weeks for the rest. If you login now, the first non-AZ termine are at the end of May.

Do you know if non-teachers (or any people from group two besides the fast forwarded public employees) still get a choice? Because I seem to remember something about Berlin wanting to curb people being able to pick their vaccine either directly or indirectly.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

someone posted on their insta that they had an AZ termin for Sunday and it got switched over to Biontech. They're young but AFAIK only contact persons of an at-risk person, no teacher or Pfleger*in. A few others have also posted that they're getting something else instead of AZ. Seems they're either juggling doses around or freeing up reserves.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Zwille posted:

someone posted on their insta that they had an AZ termin for Sunday and it got switched over to Biontech. They're young but AFAIK only contact persons of an at-risk person, no teacher or Pfleger*in. A few others have also posted that they're getting something else instead of AZ. Seems they're either juggling doses around or freeing up reserves.

I think they also recently decided to make the dose intervals longer (after it worked out well in Britain), so maybe there's more first doses available because of that.

Of course, at this point I fully expect them to mishandle the inventory and not actually have second doses available on schedule.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

>5% ammonium chloride or geh doch zurück in Kindergarten. Naschen is kein Ponyhof.

I found some stuff near my work that has 12%. It's really tasty! Though you can't eat much of it, 2-3 of the things at once make my tongue numb, and I think at roughly half a bottle, you start to get Durchfall. But as long as you slowly keep eating only a handful each day, it's a real experience.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Libluini posted:

I found some stuff near my work that has 12%. It's really tasty! Though you can't eat much of it, 2-3 of the things at once make my tongue numb, and I think at roughly half a bottle, you start to get Durchfall. But as long as you slowly keep eating only a handful each day, it's a real experience.

What are they called? I need that in my life.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

As far as I understand Brandenburg is switching things over, but not Berlin. Do you know which impfzentrum this was?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

lol, crap, you're right, they retweeted something about Brandenburg and essentially said "I wish this happened for Berlin too" and I must've garbled it in my memory. Sorry!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

oliwan posted:

Yeah but I think this is mostly anecdotal. Zeit has a good overview of how much doses of which vaccine has been received and how much verimpft and AZ is roughly on par with Biontech. There is just so much demand right now that they have no trouble finding someone who will take it. Might be a problem later though if there aren't as much Impfwillige left.

Obviously if you give people the choice between Biontech and AZ, Biontech is gonna be in much shorter supply since it's an objectively much better choice.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

What are they called? I need that in my life.

It's called Lakritz Sturmwarnung Stärke 12: Orkan. Also I have to correct myself, it only has 8% Ammoniumchlorid, oops! Still tasty.

(And if that's still too much, the same company also sells "Schwerer Sturm" with 6% and "Frische Brise" with 4%)

I found this at Famila, but apparently you can also order over the Internet:

Ebay, for example

Edit:

I looked this up and apparently, it's not even allowed to sell food with more than 8% AC in it. Huh. Did not know that, or that you need to beantrag a special exemption for all candy with more than 2% Ammoniumchlorid.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zwille posted:

lol, crap, you're right, they retweeted something about Brandenburg and essentially said "I wish this happened for Berlin too" and I must've garbled it in my memory. Sorry!

lol happy to hear it op, now I can calm down again

GABA ghoul posted:

Yeah but I think this is mostly anecdotal. Zeit has a good overview of how much doses of which vaccine has been received and how much verimpft and AZ is roughly on par with Biontech. There is just so much demand right now that they have no trouble finding someone who will take it. Might be a problem later though if there aren't as much Impfwillige left.

Obviously if you give people the choice between Biontech and AZ, Biontech is gonna be in much shorter supply since it's an objectively much better choice.

I mean sure, but I'm coming from this article:

Hunderttausende Berliner reagieren nicht auf ihre Impf-Einladung

Zigtausende Dosen Astrazeneca liegen in Berlin auf Halde. Weitere Lieferungen werden erwartet. Doch viele, die dürften, machen keine Termine aus.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/astrazeneca-skepsis-hunderttausende-berliner-reagieren-nicht-auf-ihre-impf-einladung/27036890.html

edit: oth, there's also this:

Viele kurzfristige Anmeldungen Lange Schlangen für Astrazeneca vor dem Impfzentrum Tegel
https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/thema/corona/beitraege/2021/03/berlin-impfzentrum-tegel-lange-schlangen-astrazeneca.html

oliwan fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 31, 2021

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Libluini posted:

This one time I was wondering why people would willingly mix sweet and salty, and tried some salted caramel to test it. I nearly vomited, which cemented my prejudice that there is something seriously wrong with your taste buds if you combine something too sweet and something too salty

Libluini confirming once again he's not human

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

oliwan posted:

lol happy to hear it op, now I can calm down again

I mean sure, but I'm coming from this article:

Hunderttausende Berliner reagieren nicht auf ihre Impf-Einladung

Zigtausende Dosen Astrazeneca liegen in Berlin auf Halde. Weitere Lieferungen werden erwartet. Doch viele, die dürften, machen keine Termine aus.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/astrazeneca-skepsis-hunderttausende-berliner-reagieren-nicht-auf-ihre-impf-einladung/27036890.html

edit: oth, there's also this:

Viele kurzfristige Anmeldungen Lange Schlangen für Astrazeneca vor dem Impfzentrum Tegel
https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/thema/corona/beitraege/2021/03/berlin-impfzentrum-tegel-lange-schlangen-astrazeneca.html

Impfverweigerer should unironically be aufgegriffen and zwangsgeimpft, gently caress those idiots.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

suck my woke dick posted:

Impfverweigerer should unironically be aufgegriffen and zwangsgeimpft, gently caress those idiots.
Yeah, I wish they were treated as badly as they pretend they are.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

GABA ghoul posted:

Yeah but I think this is mostly anecdotal. Zeit has a good overview of how much doses of which vaccine has been received and how much verimpft and AZ is roughly on par with Biontech.

I don't think that's true.

This is the shipment tracker at impfdashboard.de

AZ _should_ be on par with Biontech based on contractual obligations. But it's not.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Alternatively, put them all on some island and let them enjoy their :byodood: poison-free society.

I think the APPD already suggested this in the 90s... time is truly a circle.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Libluini posted:

I looked this up and apparently, it's not even allowed to sell food with more than 8% AC in it. Huh. Did not know that, or that you need to beantrag a special exemption for all candy with more than 2% Ammoniumchlorid.

Nur die Harten komm' in' Garten.

But Lakritzrecherche led me to https://www.worldofsweets.de/Lakritz--Extra-starkes-Lakritz/, and, uh…oh dear. I may get seduced into a few Impulskäufe soon.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Just got an email from a conservative student complaining that I was too ‘woke’ in my last Vorlesungssitzung (I said some mildly critical things about Covidioten and Trump). Cancel culture is real!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I would kill for an Impftermin at the end of May, Jesus loving Christ gently caress switzerland

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Libluini posted:

It's called Lakritz Sturmwarnung Stärke 12: Orkan. Also I have to correct myself, it only has 8% Ammoniumchlorid, oops! Still tasty.

(And if that's still too much, the same company also sells "Schwerer Sturm" with 6% and "Frische Brise" with 4%)

I found this at Famila, but apparently you can also order over the Internet:

Ebay, for example

Edit:

Excellent!

Dankeschön!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Wengy posted:

Just got an email from a conservative student complaining that I was too ‘woke’ in my last Vorlesungssitzung (I said some mildly critical things about Covidioten and Trump). Cancel culture is real!

I still can't get over the fact that "caring for someone else (without benefitting from it)" is called "woke" unironically.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Compassion is immoral, actually.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

I don't think that's true.

This is the shipment tracker at impfdashboard.de

AZ _should_ be on par with Biontech based on contractual obligations. But it's not.

That doesn't show how much percent of each Impfstoff has been verimpft though. But yeah, according to Zeit/RKI, Berlin is third worst in Germany at using AstraZeneca with only 65% having been used up. Best one is Thüringen with 86%, which is higher than any other Impfstoff.

German average is is 72% AZ versus 82% Biontech. Moderna is at 36%(dunno what's going on there, they started deliveries at the same time as AZ. must be all those anti-antlantiker? :thunk:)

e: also, yeah, lakritze is awesome. The more salt the better. Dunno what's wrong with people, must be bad parenting leading to picky eaters. Please feed lakritze to your children.

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 31, 2021

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Antigravitas posted:

Compassion is immoral, actually.
Objectivististly so!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

GABA ghoul posted:

That doesn't show how much percent of each Impfstoff has been verimpft though. But yeah, according to Zeit/RKI, Berlin is third worst in Germany at using AstraZeneca with only 65% having been used up. Best one is Thüringen with 86%, which is higher than any other Impfstoff.

German average is is 72% AZ versus 82% Biontech. Moderna is at 36%(dunno what's going on there, they started deliveries at the same time as AZ. must be all those anti-antlantiker? :thunk:)

Moderna basically delivered nothing, so that number is little more than white noise.

Also, the federal government suggests to keep a higher percentage of the Moderna vaccine in store for the second dose. (50% versus 25%) Make sense, since those deliveries are very feeble and it might well be impossible to give the second doses otherwise. It is rather likely that the USA would suddenly stop those meager scraps of Moderna, after the reservoirs are emptied.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 31, 2021

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Meine hornigen Ebenen sind durch das Dach!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
lol

Antigravitas posted:

I will not be answering questions.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ephex posted:

Meine hornigen Ebenen sind durch das Dach!

Hast es Mal mit ner Raspel probiert, Oh-Pee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

oliwan posted:

Wasn't the gap between AZ1 and 2 something comical like 12 weeks? So if you wait three weeks for Pfizer you'd still be done slightly earlier?