Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

La Brea Carpet posted:

[My]21F [boyfriend]19M dirtied our apartment to avoid meeting my parents

Is this Japan? I bet this is in Japan.

Fecal poop everywhere is just part of our culture you bigot.

That's some top-shelf crazy alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

In addition, he steals my clothing and puts it in the disposal so that I cannot leave the house. Before he said it was a romantic gesture but now I do not think so. 

What the gently caress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

[My]21F [boyfriend]19M dirtied our apartment to avoid meeting my parents

Is this Japan? I bet this is in Japan.

Wtfffffff

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

fecal poop

As opposed to the non-fecal poop?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Fiancée [28F] broke my game when she was mad, refuses to buy me [30M] another one

quote:

Yesterday I was reading Harry Potter on my balcony, minding my own business and she came barging in and started practicing her French with me. Usually I indulge her half-heartedly while I continue trying to read my book but this time I just said that I wanted to finish reading this chapter before I help her. Then she started getting mad and telling me I never want to help her, etc etc. Whatever. I dont mind her getting mad and I kept reading my book.

Then I went inside the house and she was still in a bad mood. She wouldnt let me speak to her so I just decided to play a game on my Playstation while she cools down. Things didnt seem that bad.

Then lunch time came and I wanted to sit next to her in the kitchen to eat together. She put her foot on my chair and told me to go eat somewhere else. So after a few times I said Ok whatever, and went to eat outside and watch Netflix. While I'm eating outside, she takes a bunch of my games and throws them on the floor. She said that they are gonna go in the garbage. I notice one game is missing though (the one I was playing earlier) and assume she literally put it in the garbage. Then she left to go to school.

Since I couldnt find the game anywhere I asked her where she put it this morning (she is in a better mood now. She said that since I made her mad she broke the game on her way to school and put it in a city trash bin... so I said no problem, you can just get me another one then. And I had a feeling she was going to say this "You made me mad so its your fault I broke the game". I said listen, I dont mind you getting mad and you can even break my stuff if it makes you feel better but you at least have to buy me another one or else I wont have anything left in 10 years". She said that if I dont have anything left in 10 years then I only have myself to blame.... now she went back to school. I am furious. I feel like breaking one of her things and telling her its her fault too, but then she would probably just take something else of mine and break it too, etc etc the cycle never ends. What do you guys think I should do?!

Tl;dr: Fiancée broke my game, wont buy me another one because "its my fault" I made her mad and she broke it

Got deleted while I was posting this since the comments were all "don't loving marrying her", and that wasn't the answer he wanted

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

As opposed to the non-fecal poop?

The technical term is "anime"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

Fiancée [28F] broke my game when she was mad, refuses to buy me [30M] another one

Got deleted while I was posting this since the comments were all "don't loving marrying her", and that wasn't the answer he wanted

I dont like to give my spouse basic recognition which is fundamental for a relationship, she in turn breaks my things. This will be a healthy and loving life with her and one I wouldnt trade for anything, even as we die laughing when we realize we poisoned each others drinks on the exact same day.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I don't think those clearly 12 year old children should be getting married.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

WampaLord posted:

Me [21 M] feeling pressured by GF [22 F] to finish inside her during sex

Run. Run screaming and never look back. Do not pass go, do not gently caress her again.

:lol: If you look at the dude's post history he's got another 3-4 stories of the same stuff with his girlfriend over the past year. All crazy psychotic crap he should've left her for MONTHS ago. Insecurity, inexperience and stupidity do strange things to peoples' brains.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

BOOTY-ADE posted:

:lol: If you look at the dude's post history he's got another 3-4 stories of the same stuff with his girlfriend over the past year. All crazy psychotic crap he should've left her for MONTHS ago. Insecurity, inexperience and stupidity do strange things to peoples' brains.

The one advantage of being twice-divorced is you become less loss-averse and more willing to :sever: rather than be a doormat in LTRs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Me [25 M] with my Common law[27 F] 9 years, Switched to Open relation due to cheating on both sides

quote:

[removed]

quote:

The above submission has been removed because:

It does not appear to contain a tl;dr or any sort of short summary. Please edit your post to add a **bolded** tl;dr. Refer to FAQ: What is TL;DR? Why do I need it? for some pointers. If you feel you are receiving this message in error, please contact the moderators and include your problem.

You must make suitable edits to ensure that the submission complies to all the rules listed in the sidebar, and in the wiki (relevant for mobile users). When you are done, please repost your submission.

God loving dammit /r/relationships mods, a title like that and you remove it for not having a drat tl;dr? :argh:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Danaru posted:

God loving dammit /r/relationships mods, a title like that and you remove it for not having a drat tl;dr? :argh:

The legaladvice mods nuked some dude for responding to a "next time, call the cops" comment with a "watch out, they might shoot you" response

"don't you dare talk about law enforcement that way" etc it's just amazing reddit mods are very serious

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

Me [25 M] with my Common law[27 F] 9 years, Switched to Open relation due to cheating on both sides

I mean the tl;dr is the title

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Bets on the friend in the story either being a short dude that carries a torch for the OP or a short female friend that's bitter she's not dating a tall.

Also I think it's reasonable as a tall person to kinda want tall kids, I've never really dated people explicitly for their height (shortest gf was actually over a foot shorter than me), but honestly being tall is probably one of the best physical features my parents passed onto me and has made my life easier in a lot of ways, it'd be cool if my kids end up tall too. I guess he kinda vocalized it in a weird way, but to me it just sounds like he was fantasizing about his future family after seeing the rest of her family and he was happy with what he saw.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I am 12 and this made me laugh.

Ruined douche cabin base paint in rented apartment.

quote:

Hi I have a question. I accidentally used too strong anti waterstop liquid in douche cabin. As a result, paint went off - looks as if it's bleached. Now homeowner wants to charge me the cost of the new douche base + work to replace it. Can I do anything about it?

The person used too strong of a formulation of draino and ruined the paint in a shower. They are Dutch hence the use of douche cabin for the shower.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My (30f) dad (55m) wakes me up every single morning by tapping his razor on the sink and it's driving me crazy

quote:

Hi reddit, I'm sorry if this is about to sound petty but I wake up in a terrible mood every single day because of this.

I live with my dad in my grandparents' house temporarily, for the past 10 months, and I plan on moving out in September.

I can't get to sleep naturally until about 2 in the morning, and I work at 11 am in most days. At 7:30-8am every morning my dad gets up and shaves before he showers and fixes breakfast for the grandparents. This is where the problem lies.

My bedroom is situated that the bed is butted up against the wall the sink is on. My head is 2 feet away from this noise when he does this. He will shave and then tap the razor HARD against the side of the sink, five or six times per shave stroke. This equals about a hundred loud taps right next to my head every single morning. It's like being woken up by getting poked in the ribs.

What gets me about it is that I was able to politely mention that I'm losing sleep over this noise he's making and he blew me off, saying he couldn't think of any other way to get the hair off his razor. like he couldn't be bothered to stop RAPPING TWO OBJECTS TOGETHER AT THE rear end CRACK OF DAWN NEXT TO MY HEAD.

I'm frustrated because my dad has always had a short temper and he doesn't allow anyone an opinion and always acts superior. Also, I'm living here rent free and I feel like I have no room to complain. But I'm losing sleep and waking up awfully every morning, even on my days off work.

I put up with a lot of poo poo about dad's behavior. I don't voice my opinion around him, I do everything his way while I'm living here, I put up with lysol and turpentine smells that stink to high heaven and don't say a word about them for fear he'll blow up on me. I don't leave anything out of place because he's also a neat freak. BUT this is about to drive me crazy. I woke up crying today because I'm so frustrated.

How can I get this across to him? What's a polite but firm way to let him know that it's really getting to me? Does anyone have a good way I can block the noise?

TL;DR I get woken up every morning with he same noise by my narcissistic father and don't know how to ask him to quit without him flying into a rage.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

ArbitraryC posted:

Bets on the friend in the story either being a short dude that carries a torch for the OP or a short female friend that's bitter she's not dating a tall.

The comments were posted Tom is short and the other guy is basically Tom, but Tall and she wants to date and gently caress Tall Tom but it afraid it will further enhance Tom's feelings of inferiority w/r/t shortness, which may be valid given that it kept him from loving the OP

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

mods pllllls

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Danaru posted:

My (30f) dad (55m) wakes me up every single morning by tapping his razor on the sink and it's driving me crazy

Definitely don't mouseover till after you read friends.

:discourse:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
And where do you suggest he shave, you freeloading princess?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The comments were posted Tom is short and the other guy is basically Tom, but Tall and she wants to date and gently caress Tall Tom but it afraid it will further enhance Tom's feelings of inferiority w/r/t shortness, which may be valid given that it kept him from loving the OP

That one was funny too but I mean the more recent tall story where OP is dating a tall dude who's happy she also has a tall family and the friend thinks he's hitler for it. OP didn't describe the friend so I'm just betting whether they're jealous of the dude or jealous of the OP.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

ArbitraryC posted:

That one was funny too but I mean the more recent tall story where OP is dating a tall dude who's happy she also has a tall family and the friend thinks he's hitler for it. OP didn't describe the friend so I'm just betting whether they're jealous of the dude or jealous of the OP.

Oh that tall = hitler friend is someone that has (or has a family member that's got) a physical or genetic trait that is less than desirable and is trying to preemptively throw water on the idea of judging people based on physical characteristics. Like their kid is short or something.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Aside from moving out which is the most obvious of potential obvious solutions, couldn't she also just adjust her schedule so she's up in the morning? Maybe I'm weird but I don't mind being up for a couple hours before work or w/e, I used to intentionally do that in school and it was often my most productive time of the day, once I got a job where I had to be up earlier in general tho i kinda stopped.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Aside from moving out which is the most obvious of potential obvious solutions, couldn't she also just adjust her schedule so she's up in the morning? Maybe I'm weird but I don't mind being up for a couple hours before work or w/e, I used to intentionally do that in school and it was often my most productive time of the day, once I got a job where I had to be up earlier in general tho i kinda stopped.

She goes to bed at like 2am and is so self absorbed she is an orobouros with a reddit account so no, I dont think shell do that.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

She goes to bed at like 2am and is so self absorbed she is an orobouros with a reddit account so no, I dont think shell do that.

like what's stopping her from redditing at 8am-10am rather than 12am-2am. I know the answer is she's a dumpster fire but it feels like it should be a viable solution.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

La Brea Carpet posted:

I am 12 and this made me laugh.

Ruined douche cabin base paint in rented apartment.

The person used too strong of a formulation of draino and ruined the paint in a shower. They are Dutch hence the use of douche cabin for the shower.

I am definitely calling the shower a douche cabin from now on.

Danaru posted:

Try moving out.

Or or or, go to bed earlier. Your "natural" bedtime isn't 2 am you loving weirdo that's what you've made it through years of staying up writing anime slash fiction.

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 3, 2017

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Just lol at "rear end crack of dawn" = 730AM

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Danaru posted:

"I fall asleep naturally at 2 am. Since I can't fall asleep I browse the internet and watch videos, usually until about 2 am. No I don't think staring at a glowing screen for hours is causing problems with my sleeping, it's definitely just nature and nobody has ever changed their sleep cycle and been able to wake up before 10 am on a regular basis"
-a 30 year old baby

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

This one seemed bland at first notice but I'm curious if anyone has opinions

My [23F] boyfriend's [29M] "crazy ex girlfriend" [22F] just messaged me to tell me that my boyfriend is actually abusive and violent???

quote:

I've been dating my boyfriend for 2 months now, he's smart and sweet and eveything been going well, but maybe a bit quickly which I dont mind. He told me about his "crazy psycho ex girlfriend" who apparently cheated on him 15 times, was abusive and and a drug addict and emotional and how her parents once came to his house to yell at him for no reason. She just sent me a message on facebook:

Hi,

I dated your boyfriend back in 2015 and 2016. He's very nice for the first couple of months, as you may know. Unless he has had extensive therapy and quit all drugs since I broke up with him, he is not the man you think he is now. He has not changed. I couldn't change him, you can't change him. Your boyfriend is a very very abusive and violent man. I'm not sure if he's told you about his depression and how he gets and off his medication constantly simply to do drugs that interfere with his medication (which leads to intense withdrawal symptoms - anger primarily). His mood swings, his extreme rage over his own abusive father. His denial, his inability to seek help due to his ego.

He will claim he really cares about you, and beg you to be patient with him after he blames you, manipulates you, insults you, breaks your things, and threatens you. It will become a cycle.

Maybe he's started already. Maybe you've noticed him getting frustrated over small things more and more frequently. It will escalate, I promise you.

I realize you may be thinking that I'm jealous and doing this out of spite. Right now, you simply cannot know whether I am telling you the truth or whether I am fabricating some out of this world lie in order to break you up. You have not known him long enough to trust him. All I can tell you is that I am extremely happy with my amazing boyfriend of 9 months and have cut my ex out of my life completely, I've made no efforts to "get him back". I am truly telling you this because I do not want another woman to experience what I experienced. It took me a long time to heal. I don't know what he's said to you about me, but I'm willing to bet everything he's said is just a projection of himself.

I could sit here and tell you the worst of the worst of stories about what he has done to me and said to me, and that all of them could happen to you.

It is in your best interest not to show this message to him, whether you believe me or not. He will deny this, of course, as he used to deny it while it was happening. You will have achieved nothing. My suggestion is to read this, and if you don't believe it, forget about it and go spend time with your boyfriend.

But if you ever start to find that he is changing into what I described above, and that he isn't the man who you started dating, you will remember my message and please leave him before it gets worse. Because it will.

-Julia

I am so conflicted. On one hand he actually has been getting slightly frusterated recently at little things, mood swings stuff like that. But he never told me about depression or an abusive dad or anything, why wouldn't he tell me about those things. He does take medication for anxiety. are SSRIs used for just anxiety? He does drugs but I don't think it's really a problem, he's not like a heroin addict. (edit: it is a problem) He does get kind of angry on Xanax though.

But why should I believe this girl? what if she is "a crazy psycho" like he says, then wouldnt it make sense that she's lying?

what do I do? do I show it to him?

tl;dr: My boyfriend "crazy psycho" ex gf just messaged me to tell me my boyfriend is abusive. I dont know what to think

edit: wow so many replies! thanks! I messed the girl asking her to meet up and I'm make an update post if she says yes.

What I'm wondering is which of the two scenarios people are buying here:

1. The ex-gf is a walking mess and is contacting this lady out of the blue to start poo poo
2. This dude is a walking mess and the ex-gf is trying to warn this lady

I guess they could both be idiots. I have some guesses of my own but I'm just curious where people stand, what version they think is more plausible

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

areyoucontagious posted:

Just lol at "rear end crack of dawn" = 730AM

Also, can't fall asleep before 2AM = I have terrible sleep hygiene and have made no effort to change this.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ham Sandwiches posted:

My [23F] boyfriend's [29M] "crazy ex girlfriend" [22F] just messaged me to tell me that my boyfriend is actually abusive and violent???

1. The ex-gf is a walking mess and is contacting this lady out of the blue to start poo poo

I guess they could both be idiots. I have some guesses of my own but I'm just curious where people stand, what version they think is more plausible

I was ready to say it was a poo poo stirring ex until i actually read her message and it was so calm and well written that she's either a next level sociopath or she's simply telling the truth.

Plus the age gap.

e: also he's spit so much fire on his ex what 2 months into their relationship? I find that usually people who go straight to talking about crazy exes are themselves the crazy ones.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's this. Believe women when they tell you this poo poo in a cold and logical manner like this.

Anyone who mentions they have a "crazy" ex is automatically a :redflag:

La Brea Carpet posted:

Also, can't fall asleep before 2AM = I have terrible sleep hygiene and have made no effort to change this.

Some people are night owls, wtf is this "sleep hygiene" nonsense? She has the right to not be rudely loving awoken, messing with sleep is some Chinese torture poo poo.

She's not asking her dad to be silent, she's asking if he can change this one annoying behavior as a matter of courtesy. He's the rear end in a top hat.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

They either typoed the ages or these are some USDA Prime 'burgers

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

It's this. Believe women when they tell you this poo poo in a cold and logical manner like this.

Agreed, although this:

quote:

It is in your best interest not to show this message to him, whether you believe me or not. He will deny this, of course, as he used to deny it while it was happening. You will have achieved nothing. 

Reads oddly like a ransom note

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Agreed, although this:

Reads oddly like a ransom note

She's 100% correct. If he reads the letter, he has all the ammunition in the world to deny everything and paint her as the "crazy" one.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Both. The Boyfriend is abusive, She is a stone cold psychopath.

They're both in on it. This is a game they play

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

WampaLord posted:

Some people are night owls, wtf is this "sleep hygiene" nonsense? She has the right to not be rudely loving awoken, messing with sleep is some Chinese torture poo poo.

She's not asking her dad to be silent, she's asking if he can change this one annoying behavior as a matter of courtesy. He's the rear end in a top hat.

If you're a 30 y/o living in someone else's house you don't really get to exert control in a 2 room radius in every direction.

What if the post was from the dad's POV? I wake up and shave at 8AM, should I change my behavior to not disturb my adult daughter that goes to sleep at 2 but can't deal with getting only 6 hours of sleep?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Its likely both.

Sane people generally don't hunt down their ex's new SO to "warn them" - they move on with their lives.
Sane people generally don't date psychotic drug addicts, and dwell on their "crazy, psycho ex's", and tell their brand new SO all about them.

also

quote:

Maybe he's started already. Maybe you've noticed him getting frustrated over small things more and more frequently. It will escalate, I promise you.

Nice play there - get the new girl "looking" for things, and suddenly they start popping up everywhere! Genius!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

WampaLord posted:

Nah. If she had a graveyard job or whatever I'd be on her side but Reddit doesn't loving count and if you're thirty goddamn years old you can loving quit it with the teenager "I'm a night owl" poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's 2. This happens a lot.

And it's right to warn other people of danger. It is empathy and compassion for other people. Empathy because you know how they felt and how badly it will go and how much you want to spare them that pain.

Pick fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 3, 2017