Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

iospace posted:

Yup! It's probably the biggest quality of life improvement to them since twin c4 statics

Easy to make money? I'd probably have to start from scratch more or less.

Jesus what am I doing here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

various cheeses posted:

Oh yeah jump fatigue. gently caress that mechanic, pretty much reason #1 why I quit.

Since nobody's mentioned it, they've done a couple of small nerfs to Phoebe changes over time. All ships have gotten their jump range bumped back up again, jump fatigue is now capped at a maximum of 5 days, and industrial ships get massive reductions in spaceaids.

(This is particularly relevant because they gave the Rorqual a module that allows it to be completely invincible for up to 7 minutes with skills, and they forgot to make said module disable ewar/tackle like triage does. So, throw enough Heavy Scramblers on a rorq, and it can tackle a super, light cyno, and then become invincible. Oh, and it has a 10ly jump range.)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ullerrm posted:

I'm still amused that significant parts of the Eve codebase are named after Destiny's Child.

If you know a bit of the history of EVE its interesting for other reasons. You can literally watch them gently caress around with Carbon for years all for naught while "EVE" is left to stagnate on the vine until October 2011 and the post summer of rage redirection.

Then the restructure of "core" to "packages" which I'm sure was a lot of the legacy stuff being reorganised/re written.

Fascinating really.

Edit: also what the gently caress was that green burst around the time of Parallax?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJUiCHdmCc

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 19, 2017

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

The Slack Lagoon posted:

It would be cooler is there was a player driven insurance where payments are sent to Corp/alliance wallet and paid out from there. Could set it to check spcefically fits to do an automated Srp. Owning for/alliance could set premium rate and payout rate.

I think this idea was floated around when the first dev blog detailing the structures road-map was published. But it's not been mentioned since.

Clerical Terrors fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 19, 2017

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I decided to play eve with pubbies because lol yall are retarded

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

Since nobody's mentioned it, they've done a couple of small nerfs to Phoebe changes over time. All ships have gotten their jump range bumped back up again, jump fatigue is now capped at a maximum of 5 days, and industrial ships get massive reductions in spaceaids.

(This is particularly relevant because they gave the Rorqual a module that allows it to be completely invincible for up to 7 minutes with skills, and they forgot to make said module disable ewar/tackle like triage does. So, throw enough Heavy Scramblers on a rorq, and it can tackle a super, light cyno, and then become invincible. Oh, and it has a 10ly jump range.)

i don't understand why people cry so much about this, it's like everything cool good unique and fun has to get removed or nerfed into uselessness

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Wolfy posted:

I decided to play eve with pubbies because lol yall are retarded

You chose to play eve, pot meet kettle.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

rorquals are amazing

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

This looks cool. I have no idea what it means, but it looks cool.

somnolence
Sep 29, 2011

various cheeses posted:

Wait like I could dock my autism chariots in a wormhole?

Yes, it's amazing.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i don't understand why people cry so much about this, it's like everything cool good unique and fun has to get removed or nerfed into uselessness

It's frustrating because it obsoletes an entire class of ships.

You know, kinda like Svipuls did to AFs. When's the last time any of us saw an Ishkur or Jaguar or Retribution in space?

Don't get me wrong, the HICQual is loving hilarious, I'm training the PANIC module skill to 4 right now. But that doesn't change the fact that it's kinda silly that a mining ship is the premier titan tackler in the game atm.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I miss AFs. The Jaguar and the Wolf. :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here's what I thought of for nerfing jumpHICs:

1. Make PANIC operate on the same mechanics as Triage. No offensive modules/drones.
2. Make PANIC operate on the same mechanic as the Networked Sensor Array. Massive increase to EWAR module usage. It allows the Rorq to still send out EC drones, but it can't tackle.

The problem with those two is it still is able to tackle a titan or a supercarrier with no problem. Just don't use PANIC. Which leads me to #3:

3. It can't use heavy scrams or points. Heavy scrams give 42 points with non-faction, 56 with faction, or enough to tackle a Racial Titan V pilot (Faction Titans max out at 60 points of stability). Faction heavy points means 28 points, or enough to tackle a supercarrier. By limiting it to regular scrams and points, you max out at 21 points of scram with faction (same with non-faction heavy disruptors). Assuming someone is dumb enough to pilot a supercarrier without racial V, they can still be tackled.

Of course, this would mean Minokawas would take over the role as JumpHICs as they have the same number of mids as the Rorq (as they were used when the Revenant went down), but they're limited to the same jump range as other caps.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

amazeballs posted:

I miss AFs. The Jaguar and the Wolf. :(

"Reshipping into Harpyfleet!"

~Clay Hakaaraari

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

ullerrm posted:

You know, kinda like Svipuls did to AFs. When's the last time any of us saw an Ishkur or Jaguar or Retribution in space?

Don't get me wrong, the HICQual is loving hilarious, I'm training the PANIC module skill to 4 right now. But that doesn't change the fact that it's kinda silly that a mining ship is the premier titan tackler in the game atm.

there are a lot of mechanics which obsolete certain classes of ships

look at HACs right now, besides the cerb (and maybe ishtar) they're all pretty bad

assfrigs have never been good, but t3ds did obsolete them, I don't know if there's a real fix besides stupid power creep

also battleships LMAO

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Edit: also what the gently caress was that green burst around the time of Parallax?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJUiCHdmCc

If I had to venture a guess, Brain In A Box / Dogma 2.0.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

there are a lot of mechanics which obsolete certain classes of ships

look at HACs right now, besides the cerb (and maybe ishtar) they're all pretty bad

assfrigs have never been good, but t3ds did obsolete them, I don't know if there's a real fix besides stupid power creep

also battleships LMAO

Sac Fleets are somewhat common as a cheap alternative to HAM Legions out in w-space. Then again, HAM Legions are one of those w-space oddities that persist to this day.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

iospace posted:

Sac Fleets are somewhat common as a cheap alternative to HAM Legions out in w-space. Then again, HAM Legions are one of those w-space oddities that persist to this day.

ya but w-space is its own little world

nobody flies HACs that much, and while BS are ok (when there's like 500 maels), they're only really used in niche situation, and eat poo poo to capitals now

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

ya but w-space is its own little world

nobody flies HACs that much, and while BS are ok (when there's like 500 maels), they're only really used in niche situation, and eat poo poo to capitals now

That is true. We do do some really odd poo poo out here, but then again, we are limited because hole mass and what not. Bhaals are also stupid common out here, but then again, that's a niche role but one it excels at.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

iospace posted:

That is true. We do do some really odd poo poo out here, but then again, we are limited because hole mass and what not. Bhaals are also stupid common out here, but then again, that's a niche role but one it excels at.

bhaals excel at being anti-small poo poo (which you're going to face in wh space), but will be #rekt taking on capitals or sniper fleets (aka what hk can bring)

bhaals are also cheap enough now that you can fit out a solo one for like 350m and go on a rampage around black rise until snuff or waffles drops a carrier on you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Landsknecht posted:

bhaals excel at being anti-small poo poo (which you're going to face in wh space), but will be #rekt taking on capitals or sniper fleets (aka what hk can bring)

bhaals are also cheap enough now that you can fit out a solo one for like 350m and go on a rampage around black rise until snuff or waffles drops a carrier on you

Yup. I fit a T2 Neut Bhaal for around that. A Geddon is around 70m cheaper, gets better range, but neuts less. Though Mid-Grade Talisman sets are reasonably cheap now!

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

iospace posted:

HAM legions are good because they project far enough to fight on a hole, tank a lot and have selectable damage. Although people are moving to damnations if they can now

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

working mom posted:

HAM legions are good because they project far enough to fight on a hole, tank a lot and have selectable damage. Although people are moving to damnations if they can now

Yeah, and sleipnirs for shield fleets instead of tengus.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

maybe make that ship class good in it's own rite, also AFs sucked balls outside of harpyfleet even before t3ds came out, and hics are still used widely even after the rorqual came in.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of things that are considered bad, what's currently wrong with Medium Autocannons?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

iospace posted:

Speaking of things that are considered bad, what's currently wrong with Medium Autocannons?

The ships that use them.

stabber sucks, rupture is better arty, ditto munnin, broadsword isnt there to shoot things anyway, vagabond is a gimmick frighunter, loki is a utility which is better in nearly all cases with dps as an afterthought, sleipnir owns.

edit: also, cane is in a wierd spot. AC fleetcane is reasonably ok, but a sleip beats it for most things hands down.

madjack fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 20, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

madjack posted:

The ships that use them.

stabber sucks, rupture is better arty, ditto munnin, broadsword isnt there to shoot things anyway, vagabond is a gimmick frighunter, loki is a utility which is better in nearly all cases with dps as an afterthought, sleipnir owns.

And Hurricane and HFIs?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
edited while you were posting

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

madjack posted:

edited while you were posting

Fair enough. I don't expect most T1/Faction ships to beat out their T2 counterparts, really. So HFI > Hurricane for ACs? And is a buck standard hurricane not terrible, but nothing to write home about either?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

iospace posted:

Fair enough. I don't expect most T1/Faction ships to beat out their T2 counterparts, really. So HFI > Hurricane for ACs? And is a buck standard hurricane not terrible, but nothing to write home about either?

depends what you want to do with them i guess. flanders would be the one to ask for solo though, it was never my thing. small gangs, armour canes and fleetcanes are reasonable enough but will get eaten alive once anything heavier is on field, and have a tendency to get kited, which is why you only really see them in large fleets or as a cheap wormhole doctrine.

madjack fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 20, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

madjack posted:

depends what you want to do with them i guess. flanders would be the one to ask for solo though, it was never my thing.

It's more of a fleet support/dps ship.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
ugh, again with the edits. I really should let my ADHD brokebrain compose thoughts properly before hitting :justpost:

anyway, how big a fleet, what kind of tank and where? low/null/wh? the only places I would consider canes/fleetcanes ok are in either small low/null roaming armour gangs where you dont care about losing them and just want the fight, or in a wormhole armour fleet fighting at 0 where you can bring the fleetcanes neuts into play. shield canes universally suck outside of having 250 of them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

madjack posted:

ugh, again with the edits. I really should let my ADHD brokebrain compose thoughts properly before hitting :justpost:

anyway, how big a fleet, what kind of tank and where? low/null/wh? the only places I would consider canes/fleetcanes ok are in either small low/null roaming armour gangs where you dont care about losing them and just want the fight, or in a wormhole armour fleet fighting at 0 where you can bring the fleetcanes neuts into play. shield canes universally suck outside of having 250 of them.

Yup, it's an armor small gang in wormholes (aka yup, point blank engagements). Usually used as a cheap booster ship.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
[Hurricane Fleet Issue, Brawl Fleetcane]

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Explosive Membrane II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Gyrostabilizer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

425mm AutoCannon II, Hail M
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

cookie cutter armour fleetcane should work nicely, kin pump + trimark is debatable over double trimark but I prefer to not have any kind of resist hole in a wh fight.

edit: notice even with hail, dps is somewhat lacklustre

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

madjack posted:

[Hurricane Fleet Issue, Brawl Fleetcane]

Damage Control II
Energized Explosive Membrane II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Gyrostabilizer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

cookie cutter armour fleetcane should work nicely, kin pump + trimark is debatable over double trimark but I prefer to not have any kind of resist hole in a wh fight.

edit: notice even with hail, dps is somewhat lacklustre

Yeah, I had a double gyro fit with 220s. Puts out 460 with short range faction ammo. Better raw HP, but worse resists. Can fit T2 neuts though.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

iospace posted:

Yeah, I had a double gyro fit with 220s. Puts out 460 with short range faction ammo. Better raw HP, but worse resists. Can fit T2 neuts though.

How much worse are the resists? Resists generally trump buffer when reps are on the field provided you aren't getting volleyed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rhymenoserous posted:

How much worse are the resists? Resists generally trump buffer when reps are on the field provided you aren't getting volleyed.

80/67.5/62.6/64.1 em/therm/kin/exp, with a 60.7k armor buffer. The empty mid is for whatever you want to put in there, such as cap boosters, ReSeBos, TPs, damps, etc.

code:
[Hurricane Fleet Issue, Hurricane Fleet Issue]

Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
[Empty Med slot]

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hammerhead II x5

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Just a head's up, but if you buy tickets to Fanfest and EVE Vegas, you can get CONCORD-ships.

The Pacifier-frigate will be gifted to everyone who buys a ticket to Fanfest

The Enforcer-cruiser will only be gifted to people who bought a ticket to Fanfest before January 1st, 2017 So if you learn about this from my post, sucks to be you, I guess!

The Marshal-battleships will be gifted to people who buy tickets to both Fanfest and EVE Vegas 2017.

The CONCORD-frigate and cruiser will be given out in one of the Summer-releases after Fanfest, the CONCORD-battleship will be distributed in Winter 2017. All three CONCORD-ships are stripped-down versions so they're not as OP as you are probably thinking right now.

Considering CCP also said "in Winter" about the release date for the new drilling platforms and it's almost February already, I guess this means we will see this new battleship around March 21st, 2018. :v:

Edit:

I just noticed, the drilling platforms have been pushed back from Winter 2016 to Fall 2017, oh :ccp: :allears:

(Also crossposted in both major EVE-threads, for the poor souls who aren't reading both.)

Libluini fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 20, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The drilling platform thing is old news. Also the CONCORD ships will not be Fanfest/Eve Vegas exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

The drilling platform thing is old news. Also the CONCORD ships will not be Fanfest/Eve Vegas exclusive.

It was news to me!

And where did you see that second thing? When you follow the link, CCP is still advertising that the CONCORD ships will be exclusives. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if CCP already put a note somewhere in their forum where no-one can find it saying "LOL we changed our mind"

• Locked thread