Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

gently caress yeah, this owns. First mission was fun!

If I had three immediate control-related wishes:
a. a right-click-to-deselect/back-out-of-targeting option
b. I agree that there should probably be some sort of clickthrough for the combat showcases (I wouldn't even skip the animation, but giving control back would be nice - right-click-to-back-out would work here too!)
c. 'Space' to advance dialogues along with/instead of Enter.

But I am so happy stomping on toppled mechs and landing AC shots to the head

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
game that doesn't have windowed fullscreen in 2018 :catstare:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Rock Paper Shotgun is somewhat frustrated with the game.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I wonder how soon until the patch that they were no doubt working on even before the game shipped. I generally like to wait for those.

I hope they add some quality of life improvements in addition to the usual bug squelching.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao that Kamea mentions execution by hanging. You'd think there'd be like stomped by battlemech or like shot with a PPC style executions in tyool 3025

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Steiner is the best faction despite their not so hot leadership. Because of their not so hot leadertship.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Doesn't lock mouse to the fullscreen monitor if you have multiple displays. Looots of little things. Second the need for space to cycle through dialog instead of Enter, as well.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

quote:

If you want a picture of BattleTech, imagine a giant robo-tank silently firing an ineffective laser at another giant robot-tank – forever.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
keep getting roflstomped on the first merc mission

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Essobie posted:

Doesn't lock mouse to the fullscreen monitor if you have multiple displays. Looots of little things.

How did that manage to slip through the beta?

Tindahbawx fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 24, 2018

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gyshall posted:

keep getting roflstomped on the first merc mission

What I have to look forward to tonight, I suspect.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

no fullscreen windowed what is this

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Phi230 posted:

Lmao that Kamea mentions execution by hanging. You'd think there'd be like stomped by battlemech or like shot with a PPC style executions in tyool 3025

Hold that thought.

quote:

3) Turn-Based game??? Really how would you mess up the legacy here this absolutely Destroys playability!
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007510362/recommended/637090/

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

tacosupreme posted:

Can someone compare the factions to game of thrones houses

Davion: Baratheon
Steiner: Lannister
Liao: Frey
Marik: Penthos, Bravoos and co.
Kurita: Japanese Martell

I may have made some (or most of this) up on the fly.

Bonus: Liao is Slithereen.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Harebrained is one of those Devs, ironically enough one of the others is Paradox Dev, that I’m willing to trust them in terms of fixing things over the life of a product. It’s funny I haven’t noticed too much stuff yet, but I was playing using a steam controller on my tv so perhaps I’m just willing to be more forgiving.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Liao is Bolton I would say, but eh.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
So I have to do this:

1) Switch to some lower resolution and windowed mode.
2) Up resolution to 3440x1440, still in windowed mode.
3) Apply
4) Alt-Enter to fullscreen

Also apparently if you turn off High Quality UI , you can interact with the parts of the UI that are broken in 21:9.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Foglet posted:

Nah, it's not mandatory, and mine was freshly created without any problems, it's logging in that was acting up. Looks like it's working better now.

What exactly does not having/making an account prevent you from doing in this presumably single-player game? I would like to know before I buy it.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Klisejo posted:

So I have to do this:

1) Switch to some lower resolution and windowed mode.
2) Up resolution to 3440x1440, still in windowed mode.
3) Apply
4) Alt-Enter to fullscreen

Also apparently if you turn off High Quality UI , you can interact with the parts of the UI that are broken in 21:9.

Thanks for posting 21:9 stuff. I'm not at home and can't check, but is it possible to just have black bars on the side similar to Overwatch?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Can you change your callsign? I made one and don’t like it. Not in campaign, the one at the main menu.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

oh dear, oh dear.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Tindahbawx posted:

oh dear, oh dear.

won't somebody think of the bigots!?!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I truly, truly hate gamers.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Most of the negative reviews are legit complaints tho

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tindahbawx posted:

oh dear, oh dear.
2/3 of those negative are people complaining about the word "they"

Unfortunately, the other 1/3 are the people who can't even play the game.

I haven't made a review yet, I wanna see more of the cool poo poo personally before leaving the good review for the good game with first hand examples. But I'm in the 'Intro cutscene works fine, but it just spins it's wheels trying to start the campaign' category :saddowns:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Oh my loving God, HBS you're brilliant (or Kiva/Isildur):

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Drone posted:

Haha, awesome.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tindahbawx posted:

How did that manage to slip through the beta?

to be fair this is an extremely frustrating thing about hollow knight too that as far as i know they never plan on fixing because that game's been out for over a year at this point

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Drone posted:

hah

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Also general warning: spare yourselves from reading the Steam reviews. The sheer amount of he/she/they bullshit that the toxic internet is able to generate is just astounding.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Fuuuuuuck what a miserable loading scheme. Seriously got tired of reading e-mail on my phone watching the tiny little chiron on the corner in a black screen.

Returned. Gonna donate that 42$ to a social justice organization or something.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Drone posted:

Also general warning: spare yourselves from reading the Steam reviews. The sheer amount of he/she/they bullshit that the toxic internet is able to generate is just astounding.

loving hilarious is what you mean. I love the ones that only speak in vagueries about "using my money for political activism." What a bunch of manchildren.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I just went through the Steam reviews and, while there are 4-5 hateful "my space safezone" ones, most of the negative reviews are, in order:
- crashes
- no widescreen/borderless window mode
- paradox account login
- unpolished graphics / gameplay complaints

In that order. All things considered, it looks like a lot of people are having stability issues at the moment, which is never great for early reviews - as most people having a good time are playing, and the ones crashing are all flooding the comment section instead.

E: also Cohh has more than 12k people watching his play-through of Battletech and that to account for some good publicity.

E2: that goonish easter egg :D

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 24, 2018

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I got to play for two hours, and now I get to put my computer in a box and put that box in a storage unit for three months and die inside. :(

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
I feel your pain. Mine has been in storage since February and likely to remain so until mid-July.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy
So what's the word here. Wait a bit for a patch? It's fine and great now? It's not actually a good game and I should go play Rocket League?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tsyni posted:

So what's the word here. Wait a bit for a patch? It's fine and great now? It's not actually a good game and I should go play Rocket League?

it launched like an hour ago and reports are still coming in, the only consistent comments so far are "doesn't work on ultrawide monitors" and "doesn't do windowed borderless"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I like that it's BATTLETECH and not just Battletech on Steam like normal. It sums up my mood when I launch it. LET'S PLAY SOME BATTLETECH!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I get drops to like 40 fps on a 6700k and a GTX 1070, not sure what that's about.