Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I've subscribed to New York Times digital access for the past couple of years. They sent me a thing to gift someone else a free subscription as long as I maintain mine. It's for access through website and all the apps. My wife doesn't read the news so it'd be wasted on her. Does anyone here want it? PM me your email address and I can send you an invite.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I've subscribed to New York Times digital access for the past couple of years. They sent me a thing to gift someone else a free subscription as long as I maintain mine. It's for access through website and all the apps. My wife doesn't read the news so it'd be wasted on her. Does anyone here want it? PM me your email address and I can send you an invite.

PM sent

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Brought beanie jr to see the blue angels today

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I finally will have a place with a garage come the beginning of the month and I need recommendations of jacks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Jack stands are more important.

I really want a full set of these.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

Jack stands are more important.

I really want a full set of these.

I meant jack stands, but simplified to encompass all variations of jacks that I may or may not be aware of. (Whole lifts reasonably priced, etc)

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I have an el cheapo Harbor Freight floor jack that works pretty well. The only gripe I have is that they never had one with rubber inserts in stock, so I have to put a block of wood on it if I'm lifting the car by a crossmember or the rear diff, which was 100% of the time up until yesterday when I conveniently had it in the trunk and a friend asked for help with a blown tire.

Get a jack with rubber inserts so that you're not chewing up whatever lift points you're using.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 22, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I meant jack stands, but simplified to encompass all variations of jacks that I may or may not be aware of. (Whole lifts reasonably priced, etc)

Actually, quality 2-post lifts are available under 5k. This is one area you probably want to buy American made vs Chinese. I haven't looked at them in 2-3 years, but they're cheaper than you'd probably expect.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens posted:

That reminds me that I need to go to the Boeing museum again soon. We got hosed over on a real shuttle even after they built a special hanger for it, but they got a training shuttle instead and you can take a 30-min tour inside of it.

http://www.museumofflight.org/Plan-Your-Visit/Tours-and-Experiences/Shuttle-Trainer-Tours

e: half you guys are sol, though

I took the kid with me a while back right after it opened, would totally do it again. I know there's a lot more room when you're in space and can use all the surfaces, but sitting on the ground god drat the cockpit and room beneath it are tiny. With my tall rear end I bumped my head pretty good. The rest of the planes and space stuff they have there are also awesome.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

that av of yours is amazing

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Kind of bullshit imo how you get a beard and I have to shave every day

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Woof Blitzer posted:

Kind of bullshit imo how you get a beard and I have to shave every day

She has a name presumably.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

it's kinda nice that you've even stopped pretending to be your husband

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Oh snap who took the picture... the wiferino :staredog:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Looks like Beanie, Jr. is adjusting well to his new daddy. :)

e: a decade of shitposting :toot:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 23, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I want an Expanse spinoff of Bobbie and Avasarala having adventures.

Avasarala being gruff and cursing a lot, Bobbie chowing down on cucumber sandwiches :3:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

Actually, quality 2-post lifts are available under 5k. This is one area you probably want to buy American made vs Chinese. I haven't looked at them in 2-3 years, but they're cheaper than you'd probably expect.

this would be hilarious overkill unless he plans on doing drat near every kind of maintenance and repair on his whip

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Avasarala being gruff and cursing a lot, Bobbie chowing down on cucumber sandwiches :3:

Come over to the Expanse thread in TVIV, where it's mostly just GIFs of those two being their respective kinds of awesome :kimchi:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this would be hilarious overkill unless he plans on doing drat near every kind of maintenance and repair on his whip

Totally overkill, but I appreciate the quote for the future. Additionally, I appreciate the note to make sure that the jack has rubber inserts. I wouldn't have known any better, but makes perfect sense.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

woooo single again--of my own accord--oh, tinder

Hello darkness my old friend

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

woooo single again--of my own accord--oh, tinder

Hello darkness my old friend

what was the breaker

last one i had was a super nice girl and probably would have been a good long term potential but demanding over and over that i meet her mum after like four weeks and a couple of fucks was a big red flag for me

also i want to change your av text to
ALL THESE FORUMS ARE YOURS

EXCEPT GIP

ATTEMPT NO ANIMES THERE

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A single major project like a transmission swap and it could pay for itself. It's also awesome to be able to just lift the whole drat car in 20 seconds and do all the brakes at once instead of loving around with a jack and stands.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah if you have a few cars or a truck you do serious offroading with they are well worth the money, plus then you can make coin off mates using it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I want to find a cool old 50s breadbox to finish my tv project

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Motherfucker my receiver was supposed to be here Thursday and Amazon says they can't do anything about it until tomorrow. Starting to wonder if it "fell off a truck" somewhere.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Bobbie is cool and good and I want her power armor

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Depends on who they shipped with. UPS/Fedex aren't generally going to steal your poo poo, but USPS folks seem to give no fucks about your package surviving.

We had a bunch of stuff that came USPS made us go pick up for work, only to find out a case of Raid busted open on top of it. Can't sell Raid covered dog treats. Thanks USPS.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's going through their logistics service so either the white vans or whoever they contracted it to. No shipping updates since Thursday.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Godholio posted:

It's also awesome to be able to just lift the whole drat car in 20 seconds and do all the brakes at once instead of loving around with a jack and stands.

Triggered.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Motherfucker my receiver was supposed to be here Thursday and Amazon says they can't do anything about it until tomorrow. Starting to wonder if it "fell off a truck" somewhere.

i recently moved, and 2 of the 3 prime orders ive made since then were not only initially 3 or 4 days instead of 2, they were also a day late. i dont usually like to raise hell with customer service, but if it happens a 3rd time im gonna lose my poo poo on some low wage scrub

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

You'd love the book Calibans War then. Since that's essentially half the story line.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

i recently moved, and 2 of the 3 prime orders ive made since then were not only initially 3 or 4 days instead of 2, they were also a day late. i dont usually like to raise hell with customer service, but if it happens a 3rd time im gonna lose my poo poo on some low wage scrub

And here I am happy as a pig in mud whenever my stuff from Amazon makes it to Japan in 2 weeks. I remember being here in the early 2000s and it taking 4-6 weeks for everything to arrive so it could be worse I guess.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I remember having poo poo take a month to find me in Korea in 2003.

And I'm kinda sure whoever staffs amazon call centers make more than their warehouse folks. It'd still be low wage, but they're not the worst paid by any means.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You'd love the book Calibans War then. Since that's essentially half the story line.

I'm a huge fan of the books. I think they did very good with casting for the show.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I'm a huge fan of the books. I think they did very good with casting for the show.

I'm really struggling to stay interested in Abaddons Gate right now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Should've reported it the first time around. They'll give you free months of service.

The books got really lovely and watered down after the author(s) signed a deal to do loving 9 of them. The story is all over the place; they can't decide whether they want to do some sprawling interstellar space opera or a solar system-focused drama and up doing a boring job at both.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 23, 2017

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I kept going through Gate but I couldn't get through Cibola Burn. That book finds new ways to drag the same scene on for 400 pages.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I guess I should quantify that by saying I loved the first several books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Leviathans Wake was a masterpiece.

No doubt about that.

• Locked thread