Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I ordered this purse a few months ago during a flash sale.

32614284955/32614284955.html

It is fantastic. I might not have gotten it from this seller though. When you open it, the owl turns into a surprised owl.

It looks like I bought it from here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32731778697/32731778697.html

Bored fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Any recommendations for vertical planters? I want to hang a bunch of (differently sized) planters on a wire frame to create a vertical garden but my only options seem to be cheap ugly plastic poo poo or $20 a piece ceramic wall-planters, and I want at least 20 of them. :sigh:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Bored posted:

I ordered this purse a few months ago during a flash sale.

32614284955/32614284955.html

It is fantastic. I might not have gotten it from this seller though. When you open it, the owl turns into a surprised owl.

It looks like I bought it from here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32731778697/32731778697.html

How big is it and can you post a photo of it open? I think i want one for my daughter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

InvisibleMonkey posted:

Any recommendations for vertical planters?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

How big is it and can you post a photo of it open? I think i want one for my daughter.

Around 11 x 7x 3 inches for the main body. Then it has the two little zippered compartments on the wings.

~28x17x8cm if you're not American.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Looks like a fetish mask in that pic

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Looks like a fetish mask in that pic

Well it's not. :colbert:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to me

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Blue Train posted:

You can lie to yourself but you can't lie to me

What I meant to say was "That's not my fetish mask, this is."

Edit: fetish masks are funny.

Bored fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 12, 2018

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Man I wish I could order from ali. Here in Germany it will get stuck in customs and the trip to customs costs 20€ for the public transport ticket alone because it so so far put of the city. At that point I can just order from Amazon.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm sure she'd love it but I wouldn't be able to not think fetish mask now.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Hopper posted:

Man I wish I could order from ali. Here in Germany it will get stuck in customs and the trip to customs costs 20€ for the public transport ticket alone because it so so far put of the city. At that point I can just order from Amazon.

You.. Can order from Ali Express? Read up on the zollfreibetrag for non EU/Schengen, order stuff that's declared/costs less.

I never had any package get taxed cause usually its not worth enough to hit with Mehrwertsteuer

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Bored posted:

I think the office manager at my apartment complex is judging me because I keep calling it “cheap Chinese crap”when I pick it up. She gave me a weird look the first time I said it. After turning it over in my head for a while, because that’s what I do, I’m wondering if she thinks I’m racist. But, c’mon. It is cheap and almost everything on the address label is in Chinese.

Our concierge never even mentions anything when I pick these things up - there's so much crap getting delivered everyday I'm sure he doesn't care (also, I'm not racist about it!)

--

Hoping someone can help - years ago I bought a knock off Nixon Newton watch from DX

It broke a while back and I'm trying to find a replacement. DX doesn't have it anymore and I've had no luck on Aliexpress. Has anyone found this, or similar? Cheers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Amphigory posted:

Our concierge never even mentions anything when I pick these things up - there's so much crap getting delivered everyday I'm sure he doesn't care (also, I'm not racist about it!)

--

Hoping someone can help - years ago I bought a knock off Nixon Newton watch from DX

It broke a while back and I'm trying to find a replacement. DX doesn't have it anymore and I've had no luck on Aliexpress. Has anyone found this, or similar? Cheers

hard to find that exact one. Minimal looking ones arent hard though

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tec...2822562892.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fas...2844013346.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2825826891.html

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Dodgy $7 fountain pen update: filled it up and it works. Just not quite as it's supposed to, lines come out pretty wide, but it's still usable so I'm happy enough with it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/M-G...2826148615.html
I think the nib is a lamy clone - I ordered some identical-looking spares and hopefully I can replace it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Looking forward to your complete impressions, I'd like to pick up calligraphy.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Actually I know jack about fountain pens and calligraphy, I just liked the idea of an infinitely refilable pen for day to day writing. It's kind of the reason why I like the design of this one particularly, it's a utilitarian grey aluminium tube without any flashy features. The seller doesn't seem to have an option for alternate nibs :(

Calligraphy looks super cool, though. There's a whole fountain pen thread here and a ton of super cheap pens on aliexpress... probably a minefield for more nuanced stuff so best to see what the pen goons say?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sure but I MUST do it on the cheap because that's just who I am.
and amazon costs a lot in shipments here.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm sure she'd love it but I wouldn't be able to not think fetish mask now.

I went looking for a frowny-face fetish mask as a reply to this. I did not find one. However, I did find this :nws: fetish mask and couldn't stop laughing.

gently caress me in the forehead!"

Would whoever wears it have a big ol' bruise right between the eyes the next day?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Sure but I MUST do it on the cheap because that's just who I am.
and amazon costs a lot in shipments here.

When you're still learning, it's easier to use these basic felt tip type pens, just to get used to making the shapes: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-T...2806759525.html My hands were so unused to handwriting that I found them useful for practice, and to learn some of the basic lettering. I'm upgrading to fancy rear end pens and ink wells now, so watching the thread with interest.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Crazy Achmed posted:

Dodgy $7 fountain pen update: filled it up and it works. Just not quite as it's supposed to, lines come out pretty wide, but it's still usable so I'm happy enough with it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/M-G...2826148615.html
I think the nib is a lamy clone - I ordered some identical-looking spares and hopefully I can replace it.

If utilitarian tubes are your thing, I'm a big fan of these $3 utilitarian tubes. I find the shrouded nibs are nice for everyday writing. They don't hold up well to being dropped on cement floors however. So if you're a spazz like me I suggest ordering a few spares.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

SEX BURRITO posted:

When you're still learning, it's easier to use these basic felt tip type pens, just to get used to making the shapes: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-T...2806759525.html My hands were so unused to handwriting that I found them useful for practice, and to learn some of the basic lettering. I'm upgrading to fancy rear end pens and ink wells now, so watching the thread with interest.

Awesome, thanks.
Now I can start practicing without any spending guilt.

^^^^ Those look extremely nice for this price.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Bored posted:

I went looking for a frowny-face fetish mask as a reply to this. I did not find one. However, I did find this :nws: fetish mask and couldn't stop laughing.

gently caress me in the forehead!"

Would whoever wears it have a big ol' bruise right between the eyes the next day?

I don't get what it has to do with the forehead at all.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't, either.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
Freebie rug update:

piglet rug confirmed :popeye:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Fence pig was the best pig

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why would you want a lovely pig on your door mat?

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

goatface posted:

Why would you want a lovely pig on your door mat?
Weird choice for anyone else but me, I was gonna use the rug for under my guineapig's food bowl on the kitchen floor. I can pretend I was clever or something and picked it because [insert pig/guinea pig joke here?]

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Olive! posted:

I don't get what it has to do with the forehead at all.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I don't, either.

That's because I'm an idiot and posted the wrong link. Which is weird because I had just copy/pasted the correct link into a text.

:nws: for vagina forehead.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32675798549/32675798549.html

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Thanks for this recommendation. I picked one up and I really like it. I'm not sure if the case protects the camera lens (I have a Galaxy S6). I do like the feel of the case.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks mate. It's for the the Missus, and she's adamant she wants the exact same watch, but I'm collecting some alternatives to show and her and a couple of these are nice. Cheers

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Bored posted:

That's because I'm an idiot and posted the wrong link. Which is weird because I had just copy/pasted the correct link into a text.

Great, now I have 2 fetish masks in my Ali browsing history. Or was that your intention?

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Can we post stuff from wish in here as well?

No idea how it smells, but I really want to smell like JOOP! for some reason

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

We should totally convince the news media that JOOP! Is code for something horrible that teens are into.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Joop is an actual designer perfume, not an engrish thing fwiw. I mean I'm sure that's a knockoff, but if you feel moved to buy real Joop, you could do that at Macy's.

Also btw, I love the owl bag and my bestie has a surprise coming (it's the owl bag)

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Real Joop! is terrible enough, and tends to be worn by people who use it as a substitute for a shower.

I can't imagine how bad the knock-off version must be.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The fact that there is a real fragrance called Joop! validates a lot of the dumb product names on AE. It's all stupid and nobody cares, I guess.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Fetish masks are so hosed lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bored posted:

What a dickhead. No, wait, the opposite of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Fetish masks are so hosed lol

They're so creepy looking