Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

But then again I strongly support the invasion of Russia and destruction of Putin by any means neccesarry. I hate the man with a passion. If I ever met him I would do everything in my power to kill him because I believe he is a demon of satan incarnate and pure concentrated evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLHLsbD9emc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Such a great military force that we can't even invade and hold Iraq of Afghanistan correctly.

lovely management will lose you a war as easily as throwing troops at machine gun nests.

It wasn't the military that hosed those up, it was everyone ranked higher than colonel, including the CiC and his entire staff.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

VitalSigns posted:

Hey why is there so much anti-Americanism in South America? Oh right...

Mostly because South Americans are either lazy fucktards who want everything handed them to free or extremely nationalistic idiots who can't stop going on and on about how some periphary island or ocean territory belongs to them.

They literally are the definition of small town tribal mentality you see in the southern united states.

Although there are exceptions. The Colombian governments all seem to be at least sane and have yet to actually cause a massive economic collapse coupled with a insane depression runaway inflation and complete collapse of their currency unlike Argentina (twice), Brazil (twice), Peru (three times), Venezuela (like 4 times), Chile (twice), Ecuador, Paraguay, and pretty much every other South American country. Because South American's can't handle monteray policy for jack diddly squat and would all probably better off using the dollar like Ecuador.

Oh there also all simultaneously the most corrupt loving bastards you've ever dealt with in your life.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Mostly because South Americans are either lazy fucktards who want everything handed them to free or extremely nationalistic idiots who can't stop going on and on about how some periphary island or ocean territory belongs to them.

Are single emote replies still verboten? Because if not, well all I can say in response to this is :chloe:

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Are single emote replies still verboten? Because if not, well all I can say in response to this is :chloe:

Lol you're talking to a south american so if you bring up south american politics you're just going to get salty replies because we are all extremely racist and we all extremely hate one another. Because. What do you think I am peruvian?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

But then again I strongly support the invasion of Russia and destruction of Putin by any means neccesarry. I hate the man with a passion. If I ever met him I would do everything in my power to kill him because I believe he is a demon of satan incarnate and pure concentrated evil.

A ground invasion of Russia sounds like a great idea, I wonder why no one has ever tried this before.

I'm down to do this but only if it's a draft army made up entirely of people like you. Pack sweaters!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

Because South American's can't handle monteray policy for jack diddly squat and would all probably better off using the dollar

I could not have said it better myself, really

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This, but the Democrats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXYoFVpDzYA

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

I'm pretty sure we're in a magical window where nothing loving matters and the mods will forget all but the actual criminal poo poo so when everyone sobers up we can all pretend to forget with a little bit of dignity.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Willie Tomg posted:

I'm pretty sure we're in a magical window where nothing loving matters and the mods will forget all but the actual criminal poo poo so when everyone sobers up we can all pretend to forget with a little bit of dignity.

"all South Americans are" sounds too much like "all Black People are" for my liking. Sorry.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

if russia disrupts the hegemonic Free American Trade Market then it is only moral and just we give way to an insurgent superpower who does more with less!

Oh, word? That's dumb as gently caress? That's a stupid way to do business and its a stupider way to run foreign policy? Well do go on, my man! Here's a big ol' space to go on in:

The fact that our insanely aggressive foreign policy has been such an astounding series of grievous self-owns in terms of blood, military readiness, international good will, and domestic support for an imperial project that gives ordinary Americans nothing (except flag-draped coffins and mutilated loved ones), that Russia is clowning all over us on a shoestring.....should be an incentive to reevaluate what we're doing, not to double down on feeding the war industry and mass murdering foreigners at the behest of capital.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Talking about entitled + lazy south americans is pretty wrong and racist, doesn't matter who u r.

You're shifting the blame from dysfunctional and corrupt Latin American governments, who are often that way because of the US, to the people.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So seeing as Senate Dems are willing to let Trumpcare past should we be pushing for just activley forcing out every useless dem. Also I'd suggest lefties learn to shoot,a dn arm themselves. Because I'd say intimidating the liberals is a good idea. They are your enemies anyways.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

"all South Americans are" sounds too much like "all Black People are" for my liking. Sorry.

You are not wrong, but also I just finished a particularly feisty shift with the united nations of central and south america and.... you are not wrong. The discourse is highly stupid, and should be called such, especially in posts like the one you made right there! But it is there. And in pursuing the highfalutin ~~Latino Demographic~~ I feel the democrats overlook that discourse like the last couple hundred years of imperialism south of the border will just smooth themselves out and elect a genteel technocrat to the Oval Office and its not that loving simple IRL it turns out. It turns out the strategy is more nuanced than "let a bunch of angry deprived latinos into america and of course they will vote democratic because they are one bloc with one motivation!"

This is probably eighth or ninth place in The Problems With Identity Politics As Electoral Strategy.

VitalSigns posted:

The fact that our insanely aggressive foreign policy has been such an astounding series of grievous self-owns in terms of blood, military readiness, international good will, and domestic support for an imperial project that gives ordinary Americans nothing (except flag-draped coffins and mutilated loved ones), that Russia is clowning all over us on a shoestring.....should be an incentive to reevaluate what we're doing, not to double down on feeding the war industry and mass murdering foreigners at the behest of capital.

Here's a Purity Test for you: was the Iraq War bad because it demonstrated for the world the outer limits of US strategic capability when it tried to do a thing without being a fully-russian-bad-guy, and showing how gruesome and inept it was in execution? Or was it bad because its ultimate strategic victor was the Islamic Republic of Iran?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Willie Tomg posted:

Here's a Purity Test for you: was the Iraq War bad because it demonstrated for the world the outer limits of US strategic capability when it tried to do a thing without being a fully-russian-bad-guy, and showing how gruesome and inept it was in execution? Or was it bad because its ultimate strategic victor was the Islamic Republic of Iran?

70% the former, 10% the latter, 20% other.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I thinks it's possible to examine parochialism without being essentialist. If you're being essentialist, you're no better than idpol people. I've always said that about white rednecks, whenever d&d people go on they're usual burn-the-south rants, and it applies here just as much as there: the causes are the same in both cases.

I also dispute that adopting the dollar is a good idea for Latin American countries: that's essentially taking the worst of the eurozone for none of the marginal benefits.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

Both, according to the underlying ideology of amoral realpolitik inherent in the phrasing of the question.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

So seeing as Senate Dems are willing to let Trumpcare past

How exactly are they supposed to stop it? Remember, reconciliation only requires 51 votes.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Putin is bad, R. Guyovich.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The sacrifice of the millions who die as a result of easily preventable diseases and illness will not bein vain, as MIkhail, age 8, will not be able to purchase the newest Xbox this christmas.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

I thinks it's possible to examine parochialism without being essentialist. If you're being essentialist, you're no better than idpol people. I've always said that about white rednecks, whenever d&d people go on they're usual burn-the-south rants, and it applies here just as much as there: the causes are the same in both cases.

I also dispute that adopting the dollar is a good idea for Latin American countries: that's essentially taking the worst of the eurozone for none of the marginal benefits.

The only part of the south that should burn is the gated communities.

Trabisnikof posted:

How exactly are they supposed to stop it? Remember, reconciliation only requires 51 votes.

Filibuster it. It's about standing for something. If they cannot stand for something. Then either take over the party or let it die.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 13, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dan Didio posted:

The sacrifice of the millions who die as a result of easily preventable diseases and illness will not bein vain, as MIkhail, age 8, will not be able to purchase the newest Xbox this christmas.

What the gently caress is this even supposed to mean? :confused:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Sorry Boryslav, your village in Ukraine was blown to bits and occupied by Russian soldiers but you shouldn't complain because somehow the Bad Dems are to blame and therefore it's justified.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Not even the insane neocon warhawks think invading Crimea would be anything but a tremendous clusterfuck.

How do make such bad life choices that you end up pining for even stupider wars than George "Dubbelyew" "Paintbrush of Guilt" Bush.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

Not even the insane neocon warhawks think invading Crimea would be anything but a tremendous clusterfuck.

How do make such bad life choices that you end up pining for even stupider wars than George "Dubbelyew" "Paintbrush of Guilt" Bush.

Condemning Russian imperialism ≠ endorsing American imperialism. Both are bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"If someone condemns the Russian invasion and occupation of Ukraine, that means they must want America to invade Crimea. There's no other explanation for condemning Russia's actions in Ukraine."
—Things posters in this thread apparently believe

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah but death-drive fantasies of invading Russia is pretty disturbing and not viable.

Crimea is essentially Russia's version of Guantanamo Bay, there's no way they're going to give that up.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

What the gently caress is this even supposed to mean? :confused:

The person who you are responding to is suggesting that the Democrats are willing to sacrifice the healthcare of the American people in order to potentially bring new sanctions against Russia. This suggestion is backed up by the fact that the Democrats are saying behind closed doors that they are going to do exactly that, as cited earlier on the same page as the post that confused you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gtrmp posted:

The person who you are responding to is suggesting that the Democrats are willing to sacrifice the healthcare of the American people in order to potentially bring new sanctions against Russia. This suggestion is backed up by the fact that the Democrats are saying behind closed doors that they are going to do exactly that, as cited earlier on the same page as the post that confused you.

That's bad if true, so is Russia, but there's no citations on this page of the thread, just links to random YouTube videos.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 13, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If you're going to blame the antiwar left for the destruction of villages in Ukraine by Russian paramilitaries, then yeah that kinda implies that you want the US military to go in and stop the Russians. If you're actually just fine with letting it continue then you're just using those villagers as a prop to bash your political opponents.

I will post "Russia is bad" if you want though. Putin bad man. Putin do bad things. Okay I said it on the internet.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

let's kill 23 million americans, to apply sanctions that will kill millions of russians their own government is already doing a great job killing and does nothing about the actual problem of russian oligarchs funneling money into the GOP because let's face it a lot of dem congressmen want in that money train too :w00t:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Dems are working around the clock and sacrificing every single tangible conviction they've claimed to have in order to secure a tiny chance at making Mike Pence president. That owns.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

If you're going to blame the antiwar left for the destruction of villages in Ukraine by Russian paramilitaries, then yeah that kinda implies that you want the US military to go in and stop the Russians. If you're actually just fine with letting it continue then you're just using those villagers as a prop to bash your political opponents.

Somehow you can't stop strawmanning me even though I've laid out my position that America's invasion of Iraq was monumentally Bad And Stupid And Generally Evil.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Somehow you can't stop strawmanning me

:irony:

Sorry Boryslav, your village in Ukraine was blown to bits and occupied by Russian soldiers but you shouldn't complain because somehow the Bad Dems are to blame and therefore it's justified.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
On the other hand, the CIA ouster of Ukraine's government to put in a NATO base that triggered the Russian Crimea occupation was also very bad and stupid.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kokoro Wish posted:

On the other hand, the CIA ouster of Ukraine's government to put in a NATO base that triggered the Russian Crimea occupation was also very bad and stupid.

[Citation needed].

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

Filibuster it. It's about standing for something. If they cannot stand for something. Then either take over the party or let it die.

They can't filibuster it because of reconciliation. That's why Republicans are using reconciliation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

They can't filibuster it because of reconciliation. That's why Republicans are using reconciliation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)

So they shouldn't try to even stop it from passing? Love the liberals here. Seriously vote GOP wee have no need of creatures like you. Or grow a drat spine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

On the one hand, Republicans actually going all in on a toxic health care bill and getting obliterated in 2018. On the other hand, a terminator crushing 23 million skulls on its way to the next liberal bunker town.

• Locked thread