Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soonmot posted:

ai will fight anomalies now

This alone makes the patch worth it imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

:chloe:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

i think AI battles no longer contribute to guild points. I'm finishing the robin multiverse and the level 15 ladder and 1v1 ladder Had NA listed in my guild points awarded. I don't think I maxes out last night so I don't know wtf. Possibly I need to reboot the ps4 since guild and onlined were disconnected.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Soonmot posted:

ai will fight anomalies now

what do you mean?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Kurtofan posted:

what do you mean?

Usually the longer multiverse events will have at least one tower that will have an "anomaly" show up that is a hard fight and gets you a whole gold box (!) for winning. If you had AI fighting it would switch to player controlled for the anomaly fight.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
during multiverse events, sometimes you get a bonus fight called an anomaly. Previous to this patch, if you had set the profile to AI, your character wouldn't fight, you'd have to manually control them. Now they fight.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
False alarm, guild points are being awarded normally, I just wasn't connected to the servers because why would the game do when resuming from rest mode? It sure wouldn't be more convenient than exiting out, closing down the application and restarting.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
:smuggo:

Starting to feel a smidge better about all the time I spent doing multiverse AI up intil now

this game is a lot of work though whew

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This is beginning to feel like NRS thought AI play was a mistake and want to discourage it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

This is beginning to feel like NRS thought AI play was a mistake and want to discourage it.

gently caress that, it was a great idea. Mortal Kombat XI better have it.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I must say, I'm not really a fan of this whole "character added to the game and visible in character customization screen but not playable and no info on release date" thing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

gently caress that, it was a great idea. Mortal Kombat XI better have it.

It will be in XIL.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

!Klams posted:

I must say, I'm not really a fan of this whole "character added to the game and visible in character customization screen but not playable and no info on release date" thing.

Sub Zero comes out July 11th

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

!Klams posted:

What

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think he's talking about the premium skins.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

!Klams posted:

This seems like a weird complaint to me. NetherRealms is giving the dates one character at a time, Sub-Zero was announced for July 11th almost a week ago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I may have created an unstoppable Red Hood build? I am over 300 rounds into this Endless run so far.

[edit]
Round 314 so far.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 3, 2017

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I may have created an unstoppable Red Hood build? I am over 300 rounds into this Endless run so far.

[edit]
Round 314 so far.

Well don't keep me in suspense

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah dingbat post it!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well don't keep me in suspense

Combo 30, Counter 30, stack as much health as you can.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AI and multiverse are the only reason I bought this game as I suck at them. I like having the game play itself in the background occasionally looking up to see something cool.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Soonmot posted:

AI and multiverse are the only reason I bought this game as I suck at them. I like having the game play itself in the background occasionally looking up to see something cool.

I have at least once or twice stopped to watch a character pull something out of nowhere when the odds were against them, and raised my hands in the air when they did it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am on round 382 now and I feel like I have made a horrible mistake. How much longer is this going to go on? I have created a monster. The AI is literally not capable of beating this build.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm ranked 49 in the world. :D I am good with that, not touching Endless ever again because I doubt I can do better haha.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

I don't really stay up to date on game developments, I just sometimes read this thread, so the only indication I get of new characters is from in the game itself.

Having a pop-up say "Red hood is here!" And having his model load in the customize character screen, but not have him release was sort of annoying, because for a bit I thought my game was broken, not letting me play him, but actually he just want actually "here" yet. At some point, he WAS here, but my game was broken, and I couldn't choose him. Only there was no way to tell (except reading about it here) that either of these situations was the case.

The other day sub zero appeared on my customize character screen, hence my post. He disappeared again though, so I thought I'd better check this thread to see if that meant he had been released and my game broke again. Thanks for the update!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I'm ranked 49 in the world. :D I am good with that, not touching Endless ever again because I doubt I can do better haha.

It blows me away that this is only good enough for #49. I'm not able to keep up with these kids anymore.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Goon Squad has room!

Knowing how you guys feel about missiles and poo poo coming in and disrupting fights, you guys are gonna love this 4th of July event.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grem posted:

Goon Squad has room!

Knowing how you guys feel about missiles and poo poo coming in and disrupting fights, you guys are gonna love this 4th of July event.

I have PTSD flashbacks to the July 4th event in Mortal Kombat X.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I would say this one is probably worse.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah I was going to play last week, but it gave me an issue involving my save data (Your Save Data is from the wrong version, we're gonna have to erase it) that I need to deal with and I didn't have the time. I'll reapply to Goon Squad once Starfire comes out or I care enough to get back in.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Senerio posted:

Yeah I was going to play last week, but it gave me an issue involving my save data (Your Save Data is from the wrong version, we're gonna have to erase it) that I need to deal with and I didn't have the time. I'll reapply to Goon Squad once Starfire comes out or I care enough to get back in.

I got that message after not playing for a while, and it didn't actually affect anything. Logged in and all of my data was still there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Grem posted:

Goon Squad has room!

Yeah this Bringing The Peace event can eat poo poo. All these god drat bonuses make it annoying to beat this boss.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Soonmot posted:

:same:

I guess gently caress all us filthy scrubs who don't sit down and grind out levels for hours. Decreasing rewards is lovely for everyone.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The lowered drop rates piss me off more than the AI xp nerf, but both suck.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

hi I'm looking for the complaints thread

is this it

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I haven't noticed a significant AI XP drop, nor really a significant drop in the only thing that matters, yellows.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

I feel like I'm getting fewer abilities post-patch, but other than that it's still a great game all around

has anybody figured out what Hot Seat matches are all about yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Fool posted:

I got that message after not playing for a while, and it didn't actually affect anything. Logged in and all of my data was still there.

There's a message whenever there's a new patch that if you revert your version after updating, your save data will be erased.

The lowered drop rate thing also happened like, a month and a half ago. But they made up for it by making multiverses where you only have to fight one boss and instantly get a random ability, which is much better than the lovely drop rate from before anyway.

• Locked thread