Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

AAA Rey de reyes -

WMOTYC: 

Drago, Puma King and Pagano vs OGTs

MOTYC - Rey de Reyes Match

HM: Lucha Bros vs Los Mercenarios (Tejano and Rey escorpión)

HM- Lucha Bros vs The Young Bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MOTYC: Toru Yano vs. Colt Cabana, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 8, 3/17

Venomous fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 21, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Venomous posted:

2nd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Toru Yano vs. Colt Cabana, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 8, 3/17
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 8, 3/17

The first was hilarious and tremendous fun. The latter was a loving war and both guys came out of it looking like enormous badasses.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

The first was hilarious and tremendous fun. The latter was a loving war and both guys came out of it looking like enormous badasses.

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yup

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

Jerusalem posted:

:hai:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

also this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

2nding these (already nthed the OGT's match)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Price Check posted:

HM - Tanahashi vs Taguchi (3/16)
MOTYC - ZSJ vs Ibushi (3/16)

I'm late but yeah, both of these. Catching up on this morning's matches in a bit

loving loooooved that Taguchi match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll give the Rey de Reyes match an HM, but the two tag title matches were just nothing. Both were short and the Young Bucks match had zero heat. I don't think I'd even say either was good.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jenkem Delivery posted:

AAA Rey de reyes -

WMOTYC: 

Drago, Puma King and Pagano vs OGTs

HM: Lucha Bros vs Los Mercenarios (Tejano and Rey escorpión)

Jerusalem posted:

NTH

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Venomous posted:

yes

e:

Jerusalem posted:

yeah this too

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 17, 2019

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Nthing these as well.

After the former I thought there was no way the latter was going to bring me that sort of joy, but it did. Suzuki is the best.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate Korakuen Hall 3/7

MOTYC: 4 Way 8 Man Tag Team Match - Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi, “brother” YASSHI) vs. Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO, Kagetora, U-T, KAI) vs. R.E.D. (PAC, Eita, Yasushi Kanda, KAZMA SAKAMOTO) vs. Mochizuki Dojo (Shun Skywalker, Yuki Yoshioka, Hyo Watanabe, Kota Minoura)

This is the type of match you watch Dragon Gate for because no other company comes close to doing it like them.

I’d only HM this but it was really fun. I loved the new guys that even with 16 Dragon Gate guys in match it still feels roughly new. There’s a bad KAZMA/Watanabe sequence. Shun Skywalker is a star.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yes

Fun New Japan cup this year with the high end matches being as good as G1

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

I'll nth this. I have to rewatch the main event because my viewing was ruined by the sound of men hammering and drilling outside but on first view I was feeling more HM for it.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Jerusalem posted:

Abso-heckin'-lutely.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Jerusalem posted:

yep

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: La Familia Real (Volador Jr, El Hijo de LA Park, LA Park) vs. Los Guerreros Laguneros (Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerrero) - CMLL Arena Puebla 3-18-19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: La Familia Real (Volador Jr, El Hijo de LA Park, LA Park) vs. Los Guerreros Laguneros (Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerrero) - CMLL Arena Puebla 3-18-19

I'll second it.

This was like the opposite of the UG/Park singles match from a couple years ago. In that all the complicated spots and technical wrestling they did looked kind of bad but was very endearing. It was held together by some good brawling and well timed goofiness.

In this one guys seemed to get lost, but it was really fun and Park hit a perfect Code Red. Definitely worth watching.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's why you should watch: https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1108057613655257088

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

3rding

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Cedric Alexander vs Tony Nese 205 Live 3/19/19

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
As we live in the world where 4 star matches are only hm

Hm ishii v Yoshi hashi new japan cup 20/3/2019
Hm Okada v Ospreay new japan cup 20/3/2019

I liked both matches a lot. I think on the whole ishii v YH was the better match but what was good in Okada v Ospreay was amazing but they were holding back. I’m really into Ospreays story right now trying to establish himself at HW. Being able to beat the big lugs but coming up short against Okada who is both big and skilled. Ospreay crying at the end was a nice touch.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I liked both matches a lot. I think on the whole ishii v YH was the better match but what was good in Okada v Ospreay was amazing but they were holding back. I’m really into Ospreays story right now trying to establish himself at HW. Being able to beat the big lugs but coming up short against Okada who is both big and skilled. Ospreay crying at the end was a nice touch.

2nd both of these

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3rding

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
HM NXT fatal 5 way 3/20/19

Hell yeah that was good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agreed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Accident Underwater posted:

Hell yeah that was good

Yep

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'll go along with that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Accident Underwater posted:

Hell yeah that was good

I'll second/third whatever this. That Matt Riddle transition was loving amazing.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wasn’t too into the main today (Tanahashi/ZSJ) but imo it’s still worth checking out if you liked their last three matches.

HM: Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 10, 3/21

Chaos is exploding and it’s so drat good. Y-H was great here, Goto and Ishii rule as always, and they’re setting up a Goto/Ishii heel turn (at the very least) really nicely. It’ll be interesting to see how Okada gets his win back over Ishii tomorrow.

HM: Colt Cabana vs. SANADA, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 10, 3/21

Regardless of the overall winner, it’s clear to me that Colt Cabana is the MVP of the whole tournament and he should at least come back for the G1. Did really well here imo.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM - Tanahashi vs ZSJ - 3/21 - Not as great as their other matches but I still really enjoyed it.

MOTYC - Miyahara vs Nomura - 3/19 - Really impressive performance by both. Loved Miyahara playing heel and getting the crowd behind the young challenger.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Price Check posted:

HM - Tanahashi vs ZSJ - 3/21 - Not as great as their other matches but I still really enjoyed it.

Yeah it's a solid HM

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Price Check posted:

Agreed, as well as the HM for Colt/Sanada

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Sanada vs Cabana
HM: Ishii vs Yoshi Hashi

HM: Okada vs Ospreay

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Venomous posted:

HM: Colt Cabana vs. SANADA, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 10, 3/21

Regardless of the overall winner, it’s clear to me that Colt Cabana is the MVP of the whole tournament and he should at least come back for the G1. Did really well here imo.

Nth this

Price Check posted:

And this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Barbaro Cavernario vs. Forastero - Match Relampago (Lightning Match) - CMLL Viernes Espectacular - 3-22-19