Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Brady get to watch the divisional round from home?
Yes
No
Bill will unplug him
Kid Kisser
View Results

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Fat Jesus posted:

oh yeah I forgot that bird, maybe also george brett talk about how he shat his pants

You have Dan Rykert to thank for the George Brett clip being released, and for some reason that is even funnier to me than the clip itself (which is also very good).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Patriots were 10-1 going into December.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Even then the offense looked like garbage.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Cash Monet posted:

Reminds me of when the Texans were 10-1 and in the driver's seat for a first round bye, poo poo the bed to close out the season and had to play wildcard weekend, then got unceremoniously eliminated from the playoffs

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Kirk Cousins after game yelling his catchphrase You like that?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_YeduJz1f8&t=48s

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My only regret about the Titans shithousing Brady and the Pats is that Former Pats Backup Jimmy Garoppolo wasn't the one to put the knife in his career. I'm happy when any team beats the Pats, but I mourn the hilarious symmetry that we lost.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My only regret about the Titans shithousing Brady and the Pats is that Former Pats Backup Jimmy Garoppolo wasn't the one to put the knife in his career. I'm happy when any team beats the Pats, but I mourn the hilarious symmetry that we lost.

That would have meant Super Bowl week we get another huge focus on “everyone counted Tom Brady out, but he’s ready to win” stories.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

While nice in theory this means that the Pat's and niners would be in the superbowl which would have blown rear end

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm mad that Clowney gets to try to assassinate every Philly QB without recourse, but it's not like Eagles were going far with a bunch of practice squad dudes.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Cash Monet posted:

Didn't they have like the easiest schedule in the league?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
All these posers predicting a Titans blowout loss are gonna be so mad when the Titans actually win

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bobjr posted:

That would have meant Super Bowl week we get another huge focus on “everyone counted Tom Brady out, but he’s ready to win” stories.

Yeah, that's why I'm not bothered it didn't happened.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I would've leaned into "but enough about miners during the gold rush" if he didn't reference the stadium. Between those I gotta say 2

gently caress, that would have been a good one.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

a new study bible! posted:

I'm mad that Clowney gets to try to assassinate every Philly QB without recourse, but it's not like Eagles were going far with a bunch of practice squad dudes.

Not that it’ll make you feel better but I bet he gets fined

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Ravens over Titans is the biggest playoff lock since 2013 Bengals over Chargers.

That wasnt anything close to a lock

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Demon Of The Fall posted:

All these posers predicting a Vikings blowout loss are gonna be so mad when the Vikings actually win

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

wyoak posted:

Good, it’s 100% spearing and it was dirty as gently caress.

Nov 6, 2002

wyoak posted:

Put a skirt on 'em!

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
The Titans beating the Patriots was especially amazing because of the way they won. Fantastic punting all game pinning the Patriots deep, like Bill loves to do? A single Titans offensive player just beating the poo poo out of them when "shutting down their best guy" is their defensive philosophy? An 8 minute drive that results in a punt after some rules fuckery to waste even more time? And, of course, Brady being almost completely ineffectual when it mattered most.

Such a satisfying game, thank you Titans, A++, would re-watch.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't understand the people that think Brady will go elsewhere and go on a "revenge tour"; he's completely washed. I don't buy that the Pats roster is inferior to the teams in need of a qb.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't understand the people that think Brady will go elsewhere on a "revenge tour"; he's completely washed.

Because he doesn’t think so and some front office will give him a shot, if at least just to sell tickets in a new venue (eg Las Vegas where he will be the best QB on the roster by far)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Because he doesn’t think so and some front office will give him a shot, if at least just to sell tickets in a new venue (eg Las Vegas where he will be the best QB on the roster by far)
I'm not disagreeing that someone will sign him; I'm disagreeing that he'll play well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Brady will completely flop in a system that isn't built on refs turning a blind eye to OPI and offensive line holding.

He doesn't have a deep ball anymore, and if he doesn't have someone like Edelman with his perfect timing he'll be useless.

I want it to happen so bad and I want it to be on the Bucs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Brady played pretty well

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Metapod posted:

Brady played pretty well

The receivers really did not have a fantastic game. When Ben Watson is looking to be the main receiver of the night, things have gone very bad.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Brady tore it up with a 59.4 rating with 0 tds and 1 pick.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Democrazy posted:

The receivers really did not have a fantastic game. When Ben Watson is looking to be the main receiver of the night, things have gone very bad.

Edelman dropped one, that rookie running bad routes. Pats looked limp, and I don't think it's on Brady.

Also, the interception was off the hands of...whoever that receiver was.

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 6, 2020

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
maybe both brady and his supporting cast are bad

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don’t know what the last pass was meant to accomplish. It was short and in the middle with 9 seconds left and no timeouts.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Brady does the put receivers in the doghouse poo poo instead of just working with what hes got

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
remember when gisele got really mad at wes welker

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Edelman dropped one, that rookie running bad routes. Pats looked limp, and I don't think it's on Brady.

Also, the interception was off the hands of...whoever that receiver was.

It was double coverage with one guy already blanketing the receiver lol. Ryan was right there again to take the deflection

Intruder posted:

remember when gisele got really mad at wes welker

Wes Welker definitely doesn't

Nov 6, 2002

It was a team failure on offense as it had been all year. I think this same roster could look better next year with a full off season to integrate Sanu and Harry, but they still need more athleticism at WR and actual tight ends and a fullback.

Brady at this stage is a game manager, but he's probably the ultimate game manager, and with the right cast could still play well. People declaring him washed or whatever is wishcasting or didn't really pay attention to the games. Putting him on a team like the Chargers would be a mistake for sure. And as it stands now I don't think there's a team at this moment better suited for him to come back to than New England. But we've got free agency and a draft to go through and many teams are going to look much different by the end of April.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

well we already know no one in boston has the patience for integration

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nodoze posted:

Brady does the put receivers in the doghouse poo poo instead of just working with what hes got

He'll be real good again with Keenan Allen and Mike Williams and Hunter Henry and Austin Ekeler

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Brady to the BEARS

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It was a team failure on offense as it had been all year. I think this same roster could look better next year with a full off season to integrate Sanu and Harry, but they still need more athleticism at WR and actual tight ends and a fullback.

Brady at this stage is a game manager, but he's probably the ultimate game manager, and with the right cast could still play well. People declaring him washed or whatever is wishcasting or didn't really pay attention to the games. Putting him on a team like the Chargers would be a mistake for sure. And as it stands now I don't think there's a team at this moment better suited for him to come back to than New England. But we've got free agency and a draft to go through and many teams are going to look much different by the end of April.

This is a pretty good summation. There was a time where Brady could work with anyone even halfway decent, but that time is clearly behind him. When you combine that with the general inability for Belichick to draft marquee wide receivers (aside from a few prominent hits), it adds up to a bit of a problem going forward.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Brady to the XFL

Nov 6, 2002

Ghost Dog posted:

well we already know no one in boston has the patience for integration

Baltimore leads the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

He still could work with these guys, he just doesnt want to. He skips otas and then gets pissed when they dont know how to read his mind.