Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Anyway since the gbs thread is a better politics thread than the politics thread is I'm going to say I feel good about giving up smoking a fucktonne of pot to focus on my other great joy in life, sticking things up my dickhole and into my butt

congrats on stopping the weed. last year was brutal for how much i ended up huffing, but this year i've been pretty much entirely dry and found new lust for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
He should admit he did one of those hangover farts that turn out not to be farts.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I don't want to come in to bat for the insane conspiracy dude itt but its kind of amazing how dense some of you motherfuckers are to conflate "authoritarianism" with "fascism"

Anyway since the gbs thread is a better politics thread than the politics thread is I'm going to say I feel good about giving up smoking a fucktonne of pot to focus on my other great joy in life, sticking things up my dickhole and into my butt

Whooosh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Konomex posted:

Whooosh.

sorry was that post meant to be funny? I'm sorry. lmao. I'm laughing my rear end off.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Seemlar posted:

Pretty effective smoke bomb to throw into the room to avoid discussing the vaccine rollout or his continued efforts to avoid supporting people in lockdown as much as possible

just needs to bring up making GBS threads his pants every 48 hours until covids over

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Australias larrikin culture cannot exist without authority. we thrive on authority.

its the exact same reason why the covid restrictions need to be absolute. you just end up with fuckwits finding loopholes to exploit because we love getting the better of authority. we want to simultaneously skirt the laws while also throwing the loving book at anyone who breaks them.

it is in our fuckin genetics. it is our reason for being. we exist to be smart arses.

the tweet about a list of rules that are OK for me to break and a list of rules that other people should be murdered for, with some overlap on the lists, is the most accurate 140 characters ever spoken about australian culture.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We're just cheeky larrikins doin some covid crop dusting

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Laserface posted:

we want to simultaneously skirt the laws while also throwing the loving book at anyone who breaks them.

most of the cases of wanting throw the book at people who break covid rules involve people that aren't white so it sounds more like a fygm, racist, cop loving, snitch culture

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol

https://www.ibac.vic.gov.au/media-r...-september-2020

IBAC found that when responding to someone having a mental health episode VicPol:

Failed to tell the person why they are being detained
Verbally abused him
Didn’t have body cameras active
Ran over him with their patrol car
Kerb-stomped his head
Lied about the force used
Failed to provide appropriate post-incident care

And none of that constitutes unlawful behaviour

Just loving outstanding

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol

IBAC found that when responding to someone having a mental health episode VicPol:

Verbally abused him
Kerb-stomped his head

Just loving outstanding

is it illegal behaviour though?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Laserface posted:

is it illegal behaviour though?

Police chief commissioner Nixon: if a cop does it, then it’s not illegal

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol

Verbally abused him
Kerb-stomped his head

Just loving outstanding
if you have a mental illness you’re not considered a person so

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

Police chief commissioner Nixon: if a cop does it, then it’s not illegal

Didn't boat arrivals teach us there's a difference between illegal and unlawful?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
111 cases tomorrow

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol

Verbally abused him
Kerb-stomped his head

Just loving outstanding

Why can't we hold police to higher standards? Lying to another officer should get you benched, then investigated, and if proven true - fired. And if a cop does commit a crime, there should be a crime called committing a crime whilst being a cop' and it should add a mandatory 1 year to whatever sentence you got. Oh, got off on probation? Great, you still get a year locked up dick head.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
If you have spent time in qld in the last 10 years you should be barred from being a cop.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Tommunist posted:

If you have spent time in qld in the last 10 years you should be barred from being a cop.

can i still join the SAS?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Animal Friend posted:

can i still join the SAS?

Yes that's fine.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bowmore posted:

111 cases tomorrow

This is that tiktok guy right?

Mate who works at a Sydney KMart says they all get their news from tiktok and bless him, but he still thinks it's all some kind of nebulously defined conspiracy.

Can't help but think that leaking real stats on the platform can only legitimise the nonsense. Maybe that's reactionary on my part, but it still seems dumb.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Story is a few days old but it's weird that all these non-citizens came into the country, brought covid with them and nobody cared

https://thewest.com.au/news/coronavirus/us-soldiers-in-nt-declared-close-contacts-c-3399336.amp

quote:

A planeload of US military personnel in the Northern Territory have been declared close contacts after a fellow passenger tested positive for COVID-19.

The infected woman, who is a serving member of the US Army, arrived in Darwin on Thursday July 8 before being diagnosed with the virus late on Monday.

The 22-year-old is one of about 9000 foreign service personnel in Australia for the Talisman Sabre 2021 military war games, which started on Wednesday.

More than 17,000 military personnel from Australia, the US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea will take part in TS21.

The majority of the mock war games are scheduled to take place in Queensland and off the east coast of Australia.

UK, Canadian, Japanese, and Korean service personnel have quarantined in Sydney. Other foreign troops have been billeted to Brisbane hotels, a spokesman said.

Pretty cool that Queensland was demanding that arrival caps be cut while making space for foreign troops to quarantine in Brisbane hotels.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Centusin posted:

Story is a few days old but it's weird that all these non-citizens came into the country, brought covid with them and nobody cared

https://thewest.com.au/news/coronavirus/us-soldiers-in-nt-declared-close-contacts-c-3399336.amp

Pretty cool that Queensland was demanding that arrival caps be cut while making space for foreign troops to quarantine in Brisbane hotels.

You seem very mad about this one particular issue.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Centusin posted:

can qld demand you be cut (from the thread)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Upgraded from only essential stores being open to now only critical stores lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Have they defined critical?

Construction is on hold in NSW now too and there's "tougher penalties" for forcing people into the office.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Animal Friend posted:

Construction is on hold in NSW now too and there's "tougher penalties" for forcing people into the office.

Here's the list. No more Louis Vuitton :(

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Tommunist posted:

Yes I am mad about everything relating to border issues because I have a sick grandparent overseas and a partner I haven't seen in 18 months and have no loving idea when I will see either of them, that partner also has 8 cases of covid in her immediate family that live right nextdoor and I'm trapped in this loving place forever because scotty didn't buy enough loving vaccines. It's cool that everyone in this thread has been able to live a happy normal life most of the time, it'd be even better if Australians could have their happy normal lives while actually having any empathy whatsoever for people separated from their loved ones.

Centusin fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 17, 2021

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Animal Friend posted:

You know, if you feel like your work is more critical then it is essential. People can feel these things.

Gucci to remain open.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Centusin posted:

Yes I am mad about everything relating to border issues because I have a sick grandparent overseas and a partner I haven't seen in 18 months and have no loving idea when I will see either of them, that partner also has 8 cases of covid in her immediate family that live right nextdoor and I'm trapped in this loving place forever because scotty didn't buy enough loving vaccines. It's cool that everyone in this thread has been able to live a happy normal life most of the time, it'd be even better if Australians could have their happy normal lives while actually having any empathy whatsoever for people separated from their loved ones.

Why do you constantly make angry posts about qld then?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Tommunist posted:

Why do you constantly make angry posts about qld then?

I've made 2-3 posts on that issue, my only issues with the QLD, WA and VIC premiers are that they have consistently been at the frontline of wanting to decrease the cap on arrivals, the WA premier going so far to attack individuals travelling to see family members, without even considering how difficult it can be mentally to go so long without seeing them. My issue with Queensland comes from the "holiday-maker" narrative the premier pushed which was thoroughly disproven, but everybody just took as gospel.

Literally the only reason I defend Gladys at all is because she has consistently emphasised that it's important to continue to reunite families, while most other premiers in the country have completely ignored people in my position. My posts have been angrier lately just because I've been stressed as gently caress about all the covid positive people I currently know in a country with an overwhelmed healthcare system.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Centusin posted:

I've made 2-3 posts on that issue, my only issues with the QLD, WA and VIC premiers are that they have consistently been at the frontline of wanting to decrease the cap on arrivals, the WA premier going so far to attack individuals travelling to see family members, without even considering how difficult it can be mentally to go so long without seeing them. My issue with Queensland comes from the "holiday-maker" narrative the premier pushed which was thoroughly disproven, but everybody just took as gospel.

Literally the only reason I defend Gladys at all is because she has consistently emphasised that it's important to continue to reunite families, while most other premiers in the country have completely ignored people in my position. My posts have been angrier lately just because I've been stressed as gently caress about all the covid positive people I currently know in a country with an overwhelmed healthcare system.

Im sorry your situation sucks but the blame lies at the fault of a federal government who refused to consider better quarantine locations and who have failed to deliver timely vaccine. Cutting incoming caps seems a prudent decision given none of these states want to be locked down.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Tommunist posted:

Im sorry your situation sucks but the blame lies at the fault of a federal government who refused to consider better quarantine locations and who have failed to deliver timely vaccine. Cutting incoming caps seems a prudent decision given none of these states want to be locked down.

The federales have been very successful in making quarantine a state issue when it is clearly the responsibility of the commonwealth, according to section section 51 of the constitution. Unless the power to make laws doesn’t include the power to give a poo poo, or offer any practical solutions whatsoever.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Centusin posted:

It's cool that everyone in this thread has been able to live a happy normal life most of the time

I've not seen my daughter and wife the last 6 months directly because of covid bullshit and managed not to advocate for bad health responsess to further my own self interest.
In short go gently caress yourself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tommunist posted:

3rd Amendment violations.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Lets add some fuel to the fire of the guy complaining about how certain places have slashed the numbers of people arriving in Aus.

Two people that have been allowed in, that have been deemed to be more worthy of being allowed into Australia than Australian citizens stranded overseas and actively trying to make it back to see their families are:

Katie Hopkins and Caitlyn Jenner.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/katie-hopkins-admits-to-breaking-hotel-quarantine-rules-in-sydney-20210717-p58al3.html

And the Californian Governatorial candidate/vehicular murderer has been allowed both a visa and an entry permit to do such important work as appear on Big Brother.

Dunno why the Hopkins oval office is in Aus. Don't care, so long as she fucks off soon and takes her racism with her.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

Lets add some fuel to the fire of the guy complaining about how certain places have slashed the numbers of people arriving in Aus.

Two people that have been allowed in, that have been deemed to be more worthy of being allowed into Australia than Australian citizens stranded overseas and actively trying to make it back to see their families are:

Katie Hopkins and Caitlyn Jenner.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/katie-hopkins-admits-to-breaking-hotel-quarantine-rules-in-sydney-20210717-p58al3.html

And the Californian Governatorial candidate/vehicular murderer has been allowed both a visa and an entry permit to do such important work as appear on Big Brother.

Dunno why the Hopkins oval office is in Aus. Don't care, so long as she fucks off soon and takes her racism with her.
Wouldn't this all be handled by a federal department?

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Looks like she’s also here for Big Brother

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
What the gently caress is the demographic for that show

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Peccadillo posted:

What the gently caress is the demographic for that show

terfs