Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I'll attest it to being difficult to find something worthwhile for only $1k. 1500 was really the cutoff for my area for a bike in good condition and ready to ride, and even then that only got you a 250cc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

hayden. posted:

2. The warrior has 300CCs over the Vstar, so it'll make more power.

This is not true. The Warrior's engine does have more volume but it's an older design shared with the Road Star, OHV, low-revving, lumpy Harley-like v-twin that likes to be lugged. 75 or so horsies. Good for blasting off from stoplights.

The 1300 is a pretty different story. It's a 60 degree with a 2-1 so it likes revs, has a way different sound, and it makes like 80 glass-smooth horsepower that you need revs to get to. It's more like Yamaha's V-rod. Good for about 130mph with some flat, smooth interstate.

crazyivan45 posted:

I've had my Vulcan 500 now for about 3 months....

The yamaha dealer near me has a brand new 2009 vstar 1300 for $6800 and a brand new 2009 warrior for $8000...

1.) Should I ditch the Vulcan for some new hotness (I can afford either one)

2.) which would be the better option for someone looking for a more powerful cruiser for commuting and occasional weekend trips/backroad runs?

I own a Vstar, here is my take on it:

You get more luggage options with the Vstar. It comes with some nice bags, too if you opt for the tourer model but the aerodynamics with the windscreen [thankfully, removable] will buffet your helmet around. HOWEVER the stock tourer bags are not easily removeable so it's probably a better option to pick up some easy brackets and whatever saddlebags you want. Makes washes and wheel/tire maintenance easier, plus the bike looks pretty good with the monoshock rear end and belt drive, don't want to hide it all the time.

If you like to chug it around town like a Harley, you're going to want a different bike. The 1300 has an oversquare stroke ratio so it doesn't like lugging, and it produces exciting thrust from 3500-6000. In contrast the warrior makes exciting thrust from idle to like 4000.

I haven't had any trouble with mine and I've taken it on some multi-day trips. I bought a $50 "Jack's o2 mod" which is just a resistor inline with the o2 sensor that riches it up when it's paying attention to the o2 [light-throttle, slow speed], improves manners around town. I get 40-60mpg depending on how liberal I am with the throttle.

If you're serious about getting a 1300, try to get it with the Dunlop K555 OEM rear tire. It has way better longevity than the OEM Bridgestone. I rode 13k mi on my K555.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 11, 2011

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

"[panic posted:

"]
Thoughts on this guy's pricing/bike? I know there's not too much to go on but just trying to get an idea if he is even in the right ballpark.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2482734411.html

Not terrible as it's a couple grand off the MSRP, but you could do better. That's still a rather high price for what the bike is. You can certainly get VFRs of the same year/milage for a couple grand less, same with a Triumph Sprint ST.

[panic]
Aug 16, 2000

bounce bounce bounce
OK, down to decision time on a few bikes (test riding both tomorrow). As is obvious from the last few pages of this thread, I'm kind of a sucker for BMW, but I finally found a V-Strom that is somewhat close. I'm going to be using the bike primarily for around town and for country two-lane highways, with the occasional longer ride thrown in. Price really isn't much of an issue -- more important is that I get a good value so I can get most of my money back out of it if/when I sell.

1. 2008 BMW F800ST - http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2482734411.html - $8300
I like this one because it has the lowering kit (I'm 5'8") and at 412 lbs is pretty light. Has all of the options including ABS which is nice. Supposedly in immaculate condition.

2. 2009 Suzuki V-Strom 650 - http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/2487907657.html - $5700
I literally haven't seen a bad review on this bike anywhere. Kind of tall but I could probably handle it. Weight is a little higher. Unfortunately this model doesn't have the ABS, which I would like but isn't a deal killer (ABS would have saved me during my last incident...sigh). Costs a few grand less than the beemer, but doesn't have the extra goodies like heated grips, lowering kit, and ABS.

Right now I'm leaning towards the BMW but my mind is very open to being changed. I suppose the test rides will have something to do with that too.

edit:

PlasticSun posted:

Not terrible as it's a couple grand off the MSRP, but you could do better. That's still a rather high price for what the bike is. You can certainly get VFRs of the same year/milage for a couple grand less, same with a Triumph Sprint ST.

I actually went and looked at a VFR and it just didn't catch my eye. I do really like the Sprint but there is literally nothing used within a few hundred miles.

For what it's worth, I think I can get BMW guy down to about $8000 and V-Strom to at least $5500.

[panic] fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 11, 2011

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

"[panic posted:

"]
OK, down to decision time on a few bikes (test riding both tomorrow). As is obvious from the last few pages of this thread, I'm kind of a sucker for BMW, but I finally found a V-Strom that is somewhat close. I'm going to be using the bike primarily for around town and for country two-lane highways, with the occasional longer ride thrown in. Price really isn't much of an issue -- more important is that I get a good value so I can get most of my money back out of it if/when I sell.

1. 2008 BMW F800ST - http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2482734411.html - $8300
I like this one because it has the lowering kit (I'm 5'8") and at 412 lbs is pretty light. Has all of the options including ABS which is nice. Supposedly in immaculate condition.

2. 2009 Suzuki V-Strom 650 - http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/2487907657.html - $5700
I literally haven't seen a bad review on this bike anywhere. Kind of tall but I could probably handle it. Weight is a little higher. Unfortunately this model doesn't have the ABS, which I would like but isn't a deal killer (ABS would have saved me during my last incident...sigh). Costs a few grand less than the beemer, but doesn't have the extra goodies like heated grips, lowering kit, and ABS.

Right now I'm leaning towards the BMW but my mind is very open to being changed. I suppose the test rides will have something to do with that too.

edit:

I actually went and looked at a VFR and it just didn't catch my eye. I do really like the Sprint but there is literally nothing used within a few hundred miles.

For what it's worth, I think I can get BMW guy down to about $8000 and V-Strom to at least $5500.

You might want to PM sigtrap as he went from an F800 ST to a VFR. As a general rule BMW sport touring bikes tend to depreciate faster than their dual sport and full touring models but the F800 is a very solid bike, be warned through BMW service is pricey.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

I just spent a weekend on a F800 R and I really came to like that engine.

All the DL650/VStroms I've ridden felt a little ungainly, but they are solid bikes. A friend just did the Trans-American Trail on one with zero problems.

I really want an older 1000DS/1100DS Multistrada for some dual sport stuff, or one of the newer Triumph Tigers but I know a DL650 or DRZ, something I can drop and manhandle is much better for something like the TAT or whatever.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
What do you mean by ungainly? Just because it's kind of chunky or?

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

Yeah, just a little weird and top heavy. Hard to describe.

I've never had one on anything more rough than two track though, so it might be more planted on dirt or sand. The Multistrada and BMW both felt way better on pavement and two track.

I wouldn't blink an eye at having to manhandle a DL out of a rut with the crash bars though, I'd probably be really pissed at myself on a more expensive bike. So that's something to keep in mind.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Guy has a 1987 Honda CBR 600 F on CL for $900. Pics show it a little rough but looks liek a typical street fighter. I was goign to email for details. How much work does this sounds like? Would an offer of $200 be a slap in the face?

"The good is that it is mechanically sound. It will start easily and run strong. Has about 18k miles and is fast. Title is in my name and registration just expired in June. Comes with a spare engine and some parts.

The Bad is that battery is dead. You can start it off a car battery to listen to it run and take a short ride, but the battery will need to be replaced. All the lights need to be put on and connected. There are no fairings for the bike. The seat cover is ripped. The chain needs to be tightened, possibly replaced. Can't be driven away.

I have had a ton of fun with this bike but the riding position hurts my back. Available to show it tonight (Sunday) after 6:30, Monday or Tuesday anytime."

Edit: I sent an email asking about receent maintinance, confiming a short test ride is possible, and asking how long its been sitting.

DE: Found a similiar bike on CL for $950. Said it starts and runs. Seems like that would be a better idea. A little more $$ but a lot less hassle. I'll check it out.

Dial M for MURDER fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 11, 2011

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

PlasticSun posted:

You might want to PM sigtrap as he went from an F800 ST to a VFR. As a general rule BMW sport touring bikes tend to depreciate faster than their dual sport and full touring models but the F800 is a very solid bike, be warned through BMW service is pricey.

Yea, the shop I go to has a big sign with hourly rates - BMW and everything else.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Checked out and test rode a Honda 954RR today, drat it's a good looking bike back in 2002 and still is!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/2484806480.html

pros:

- Sounds great with akropovik.
- feels a bit faster than my 636, it's a bit more wild and animalistic feeling, whereas the 636 is much more precise in it's handling and power delivery.

cons:

- Been down on the left side hard enough to break off a frame slider and the swingarm spool + spool mounting on the swingarm.

- Has a good bit of rash on the tail cowl, left fairing looks ok overall.
- Needs rear tire, current one is pretty balt bt003
- Theres even some rash on the main headlight fairing.
- No mirrors attached
- probably no maintenance records: owner told me hes only had it 2.5 weeks
- Has CRG levers but the left one is damaged enough to not be adjustable anymore, and I came to a realization I really don't like shorty levers.

Worst part is that he doesn't even have the title, I guess he didn't have the money to transfer the title to his name, so he said he just got a job and is going to register it to his name and get the title which will take at least 2 weeks.

He said he'd take 3700 but I still might pass on it when he gets the title. i'd give him a full 4200 if it was pristine, it's a great looking bike.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

This is not true. The Warrior's engine does have more volume but it's an older design shared with the Road Star, OHV, low-revving, lumpy Harley-like v-twin that likes to be lugged. 75 or so horsies. Good for blasting off from stoplights.

I know more volume != more power, but from the few horsepower figures I managed to find it was showing that the warrior had a lot more of it. They were apparently inaccurate, though. Sorry for the misinformation.

[panic]
Aug 16, 2000

bounce bounce bounce
Why would he even put it up on CL if he doesn't have a title in his name? Why not just wait until he gets it in his name then list it? He can't even legally sell the bike until then so why waste everyone's time?

Craigslist is pretty great but the amount of complete poo poo that people post is astounding.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

If it's a local bank you should be able to just walk in with him, hand him the cash, and he uses that to pay off the rest of the loan. Title is handed over immediately.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

hayden. posted:

I know more volume != more power, but from the few horsepower figures I managed to find it was showing that the warrior had a lot more of it. They were apparently inaccurate, though. Sorry for the misinformation.

The Warrior does look more powerful, and the difference in peak power is really pretty negligible. The Warrior's torque will pull stumps, too. :) Can't go wrong with either powerplant - the better one depends pretty heavily on rider preference.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
$3700 for a completely roasted 954 seems crazy to me. Are you restricting yourself to Honda literbikes? Some guy around here was selling a flawless early R1 for $3200 not long ago. Don't end up buying someone else's problem; been there done that and it sucks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
infraboy somehow manages to find the worst deals in all of craigslist. I have no idea how.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Infraboy, do you not have local forums with classifieds? You find the best deals and the least-likely-to-be-complete-idiots sellers there.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

frozenphil posted:

Infraboy, do you not have local forums with classifieds? You find the best deals and the least-likely-to-be-complete-idiots sellers there.

His local forum is BARF. :xd:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

"[panic posted:

"]
Why would he even put it up on CL if he doesn't have a title in his name? Why not just wait until he gets it in his name then list it? He can't even legally sell the bike until then so why waste everyone's time?

Craigslist is pretty great but the amount of complete poo poo that people post is astounding.

It's in his name, but there's likely an outstanding balance on the note, hence a lienholder on the title. Seller typically is under water on the loan and just wants it gone--usually, but not always, selling for payoff amount only. If it isn't a local bank, proceed with caution--this can be a thorny transaction.

Related side note--Michigan Secretary of State (DMV to some of you) recently tried to talk me out of ordering a "clean" title, stating that it isn't really necessary if you attach your notice of lien release. I don't know what neck of the Shire they think we're in, but I'm pretty sure the rings of smoke through the trees are the result of arson and Gollum, the evil one, will gladly steal your bike, your cash, and your Special Collector's Edition Boxed Set of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season Three. Potential buyers want A CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN title and the lame little typed up doc that may be from a bank will do nothing but arouse suspicion from a buyer.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
In infraboy's defense, I went thru CL in his area for about 10 pages and that CBR was the only thing that fit his price range/bike wants. Not much there, it's easy to be eager.

I would echo not buying someone else's problem.

Edit: Well there was a Buell, but it wasn't one of the pretty ones.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/2477101377.html

nsaP fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 12, 2011

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Bikes are more expensive in California compared to just about anywhere else in the country from what I have seen.

I think he should be looking at 929s and 900s as well, both very good bikes.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

929, yes. 900, no. 16 inch front wheel makes it impossible to get good rubber.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Oh i'm looking all over for liter bikes, I would easily pay 4200 for a clean rear end 954, even if it's not the newest and greatest literbike, they're just awesome overall. The one I listed just wasn't as pretty as I thought it'd be with it being downed pretty hard. Seller didn't seem to know poo poo about his own bike because he took it as a trade because he had some Honda Civic with a swapped engine and it couldn't be registered legally in CA so he took the 954 as a trade and had it for 2 weeks, hadn't transferred the title yet because he was a broke rear end and JUST got a job.

I'd probably pay up to 6000$ for a liter bike, be it a ZX-10, 1000rr, GSX-R1000, R1. Monies been pretty good lately and only going to get better with this new job. Still don't want to be buying brand new though.

Styling wise I like the 1000RR and R1, but performance wise the GSX-R1000 is my preference, YES, I know they're all WAY too much for the street, but hey the GSX-R has a gear indicator and slipper clutch (05+) which are kinda nice little things.

The ZX-10s are kinda pretty kinda ugly certain years, I honestly don't know what I think of them.

All the good deals are in San Jose it seems, a bit far for me and I don't have many buddies willing to drive me down there.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/2487575437.html

Argh the 08 model would be awesome.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/2489670386.html

Barf ain't got poo poo thats good right now, just a bunch of overpriced track bikes that wont sell.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
How's this look? Lots of upgrades, I wonder if that points to issues that haven't been addressed: http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-Ural-Side-Car-Cruiser-W0QQAdIdZ283124420

With the amount of visits, I'm betting it's already gone, and I don't have the money for it anyway, though it is tempting to dip into the l.o.c for that, but then storage. I'm trying to talk myself out of a really bad idea. SWMBO would like it though, not having to hang on for dear life on the back of the KLR would be a good thing as far as she's concerned. Now, if I sell the KLR, keep the Vespa... I'd be going too retro!

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

"[panic posted:

"]
1. 2008 BMW F800ST - http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2482734411.html

I actually went and looked at a VFR and it just didn't catch my eye.

Not sure where you're coming from here, and I realize that a lot of this stuff is subjective, but having owned them both I can tell you that they're very different beasts. The VFR looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, rides better, is (for me) more comfortable, and just a better match for me all around. I've ridden it as a sports bike, I've loaded it with hard cases and toured thousands of miles with it, and it was always bang-on.

The F800ST seemed to be decently made and rode well enough. However, it's pretty fugly, has an uninspiring engine that sounds like a cross between a sewing machine and some electric hedge clippers, has a COMPUTER that includes a fuel range calculator that was never accurate, a fuel gauge that really only started reading anything other than FULL when it was down about 2/3rds, and tire pressure sensors that were always reading low and flashing bogus warnings. Add to that an odd-feeling gearbox w/ two ghost neutrals and it was not a fun machine at all. Too boring, too blah.

The moment I rode the VFR, felt its gearbox, felt the power delivery from its engine (particularly once you take it past 6400 rpm when da vtecs kick in) I never looked back. It is so much more interesting and well executed.

In fact, the only thing I miss about the F800 was the under-seat fuel tank, which meant that I didn't have to take off the tank bag for refueling. That's it.

[panic]
Aug 16, 2000

bounce bounce bounce

"[panic posted:

"]
2008 BMW F800ST - http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2482734411.html - $8300

Bought it, hooray!!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

"[panic posted:

"]
Bought it, hooray!!

gently caress YOU, SIGTRAP! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!

[panic]
Aug 16, 2000

bounce bounce bounce
Hahaha, just saw your post sigtrap. Hope I don't have the same issues. I checked it out pretty thoroughly and everything seemed fine.

The VFR I saw was from '04, which was a little older than I wanted. It seemed fine but I didn't like the ergonomics as well for my frame. I would have considered it more closely if there was anything a little bit newer but there were no options, and until a few hours ago I didn't own a bike and wanted to get back in the saddle. The only one for sale past 2005 was a garage queen and I just didn't want to deal with that.

I guess I disagree about the F800ST being fugly and sounding like hedge clippers, but to each their own. I personally think it looks much better aesthetically than the VFR. There are TONS of head to head comparisons on these bikes and they each have their pluses and minuses. You are literally the only person that I have read complain about many of the issues you had.

So I am just going to go ahead and be happy with my bike, I love it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Did BMW ever get their final drive bearing issues sorted out? That alone has stopped me from even considering recent BMWs if nothing else.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

slidebite posted:

Did BMW ever get their final drive bearing issues sorted out? That alone has stopped me from even considering recent BMWs if nothing else.

From what I hear, if you replace the final drive bearings roughly every 50k, they go forever. They're shaft drives, they're not maintenance free, they just have a longer maintenance schedule.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Wasn't there a lot of people with seriously early failures though? Like at 10K early?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

From what I hear, if you replace the final drive bearings roughly every 50k, they go forever. They're shaft drives, they're not maintenance free, they just have a longer maintenance schedule.

I'd be curious to see how many of the people who have suffered failures never did any servicing of the final drive before it went bang. I'm guessing there is something in the service schedule about changing the oil/regreasing/whatever lubricant they use.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

slidebite posted:

Wasn't there a lot of people with seriously early failures though? Like at 10K early?

Not as far as I'm aware, as long as they didn't overload the bikes. Heavy abuse, overloading, and lack of proper maintenance can definitely run a number on the final drives, and it makes sense when you realize they've been using basically the same final drive on all of the modern R bikes despite significant hp and weight increases over the years.

This isn't to say that the BMWs aren't more expensive to service in many ways (the abs maintenance is particularly insane on the servo assisted bikes) but I wouldn't turn the bikes down on final drive problems alone.

Final drive issues plus the fact that you have to split the bike in half to get to the R bike clutch plus the higher cost of entry is what generally keeps me off BMWs. I'd totally rock a K1200R if I ever found one cheap.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

infraboy posted:

Oh i'm looking all over for liter bikes, I would easily pay 4200 for a clean rear end 954, even if it's not the newest and greatest literbike, they're just awesome overall.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/2474557194.html

Fly and ride. :)

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I want mine in original colors.

My BMW K1200rs has almost 72000 miles, no final drive issues, I think the problem only affected a few bikes, I think the newer bikes have the splines sitting in oil as opposed to needing greasing every 20k miles or so. It's an awesome bike.

Just because a few Honda CBR 1000RRs burned oil doesn't mean they all do. :)

Oh good I just got an email back about a zx10r, someone bought it as their first bike and lowslided it twice, awesome.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

infraboy posted:

Just because a few Honda CBR 1000RRs burned oil doesn't mean they all do. :)

Yes it does.

Not, but seriously I thought it was a really early failure. Glad it wasn't and I must have just misunderstood.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I know this is probably a bit out of your area, but I think this is a great deal. Guy says he'd take 3k. The 929 is such a great streetable liter bike:
http://pnwriders.com/motorcycles/154165-2001-cbr929rr-3700-obo.html

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Ok, I've been riding a 1980 Honda CB400 for the last 4 years and have been thinking about getting another bike. I've wanted something with a little more power but mainly something I can go on the highway with and not feel like my bike is going to fall apart at 70mph.

After going through my local CL I've found 3 seemingly good bikes that are near or just a bit under my $3000 budget. I'll be getting ahold of all 3 tomorrow to see about taking a look/test riding. Any differences in them that would tip the scales? So far what I've found online they all seem somewhat similar...

1. 2005 Suzuki Boulevard S50 - $2800
11,834k, 1 owner, kept well stowed during the winter. Probably will need a tune up. Seems like the guy has made sure to take very good care of it. Price seems firm though.

2. 2004 Suzuki Marauder VZ800 - $2950 obo
3,565k. Looks to be in great condition, no mention of any mechanical issues.

3. 2001 Suzuki Intruder VS - $2500 (no picture)
2,500k, needs a new battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

[panic]
Aug 16, 2000

bounce bounce bounce
Well, the first bike has actually been ridden regularly...the 2nd bike and 3rd bikes have pretty low mileage for their age so they have probably been sitting for a while. I hate people that post on CL and can't even be assed to post a picture, so Guy #3 would be out for me as far as I'm concerned. Pricing on the mid sized cruiser market is generally pretty well defined and all of those bikes are within range.

I would ask the first guy to at the very least include the cost of the tuneup in the price and go with that one. They are all very similar like you said, so when in doubt go with the newest model. That said, it isn't hard to find small to mid-sized cruisers on CL so you could probably save a few hundred bucks by waiting for a better deal. May not be worth it to you though.

edit: Remember #1 has been debaffled so if that isn't your thing look in another direction. You may be able to use that to negotiate an additional discount...say the throttle feels weak and you need to go buy and install a power commander.

[panic] fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 14, 2011