Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How the gently caress were there no arrests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up

Best fans in sports

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blue squares posted:

Half of the people doing stupid poo poo in the video are probably philly pd.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

There were. And one was another horse puncher
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/eagles-fan-arrested-punching-police-horse-article-1.3771965

I don't want to see people harming animals but I'm not gonna pretend like horsepunching after games becoming a thing in Philly wouldn't be pretty funny

e: to be fair, only 6 arrests is still pretty low

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 24, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

White people in controlled areas

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/eagles-fan-arrested-punching-police-horse-article-1.3771965

I don't want to see people harming animals but I'm not gonna pretend like horsepunching after games becoming a thing in Philly wouldn't be pretty funny

The darker side of the phrase "horsing around"

e: https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/sta...-Game-114098338

For our fanbase after learning we're going to the superbowl, it is a very low arrest total indeed

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 24, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheChirurgeon posted:

All started earlier this season when we smacked the Broncos around.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

People in Minnesota still bitching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmJV0WbTj_A

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Diqnol posted:

For our fanbase after learning we're going to the superbowl, it is a very low arrest total indeed

Was San Diego just general rioting/anger at Spanos for moving the team?

Also surprised to see Pittsburgh so high.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I mean I'd be bitching too if my team had been Skol hosed that hard.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Eagles fans just love throwin poo poo.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

axeil posted:

Was San Diego just general rioting/anger at Spanos for moving the team?

Also surprised to see Pittsburgh so high.

The article they put out mentions that San Diego, New York, and Pitt have zero tolerance policies that may increase the number of arrests by being more likely to turn fans in for things that they'd get away with at other parks. Buuuuuut that's only going to cover in-stadium arrests. Most of the arrests happen outside the stadium, before or after games.

e: Also seriously lol Eagles fans keep posting new links to the same article

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
loving lol that Minnesota accent.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

The article they put out mentions that San Diego, New York, and Pitt have zero tolerance policies that may increase the number of arrests by being more likely to turn fans in for things that they'd get away with at other parks. Buuuuuut that's only going to cover in-stadium arrests. Most of the arrests happen outside the stadium, before or after games.

e: Also seriously lol Eagles fans keep posting new links to the same article

There's no other data out there yet as far as I can tell. I'm not a journalist so I won't be spending the next few days searching for a database.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Diqnol posted:

CLEARLY Eagles fans have snuck into those games in a false flag operation.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was just not psychopathically searching my own name on the forums when I came upon an old offseason argument and I just wonder if those people who DOUBTED and HATED the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME NAMED CARSON would stand behind those statements today.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Was there some big argument about Carson Palmer that I missed

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

I was just not psychopathically searching my own name on the forums when I came upon an old offseason argument and I just wonder if those people who DOUBTED and HATED the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME NAMED CARSON would stand behind those statements today.

The best QB performance of the Eagles' season was less than a week ago and it wasn't a guy named Carson.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

The best QB performance of the Eagles' season was less than a week ago and it wasn't a guy named Carson.

That's not germane to the argument at hand sir

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

That's not germane to the argument at hand sir

I believe it is. Carson Wentz is obviously a product of the system and Doug Pederson's innovative offensive genius.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

I believe it is. Carson Wentz is obviously a product of the system and Doug Pederson's innovative offensive genius.

Well I had argued that the team as a whole had improved while the cowboys had decayed so Wentz was bound to come out ahead so...

But there is another possibility, of course - that Foles is better than people gave him credit and was actually a victim of Jeff Fisher and that offensive cast

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Diqnol posted:

Foles is better than people gave him credit and was actually a victim of Jeff Fisher and that offensive cast

I've always thought this.

Not that he was 2013 Foles good, but I saw enough from his 6 rookie games with Reid and his 3 games in KC with Reid to convince me that he would be a capable NFL starter in the right system.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Foles is a solid QB. He's never gonna put up another 2013 season, because throwing 2 INTs in a season requires a shitload of luck, but he's not some scrub being propped up by a great system. He's a solid QB who also happens to be playing on a very talented, well-coached team which is why they haven't missed a beat. Whether Wentz is markedly better will be difficult to tell while the rest of the team is playing at this level, but the good news if you're an Eagles fan is, it really doesn't matter

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Foles is a solid QB. He's never gonna put up another 2013 season, because throwing 2 INTs in a season requires a shitload of luck, but he's not some scrub being propped up by a great system. He's a solid QB who also happens to be playing on a very talented, well-coached team which is why they haven't missed a beat. Whether Wentz is markedly better will be difficult to tell while the rest of the team is playing at this level, but the good news if you're an Eagles fan is, it really doesn't matter

Yeah what a lot of people forget is that a lot of dropped INTs happened in that 2013 season...Like a crazy amount

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I’m counting out touchdown tom. Eagles gonna win dis.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah what a lot of people forget is that a lot of dropped INTs happened in that 2013 season...Like a crazy amount

And a lot of crazy catches, balls bouncing off defenders, defenders falling down etc.

That highlight video is wild.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

very stable genius posted:

I’m counting out touchdown tom. Eagles gonna win dis.

Yeah buddy!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's hard to predict the outcome of the game because you never hear about how the Patriots were cheating until a year or two after the game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Eagles 28-24

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
hey you guys see me on gameday today?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

aBagorn posted:

I'm still pessimistic/overly cautious on the Wentz return timeline.

If I'm the GM/coach, I'm loathe to bring him back before like week 5/6 (like, the London game or so), so I would keep Foles for next year to have him start the season

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/957260969134174208

tl;dr: Wentz and the Eagles medical staff expect him to be ready to play week 1. He won't be 100%, but they expect it to be safe for him to play.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

hey you guys see me on gameday today?

:ck5:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

NotWearingPants posted:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/957260969134174208

tl;dr: Wentz and the Eagles medical staff expect him to be ready to play week 1. He won't be 100%, but they expect it to be safe for him to play.

This would be such a loving mistake

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Toaster Beef posted:

This would be such a loving mistake

That depends on the return, doesn't it? For example, if they used the value received for Foles to obtain a pro bowl caliber offensive tackle, I doubt anyone would complain.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Play him when the doctors say he's ready. He didn't get a psychological injury along with this the way RG3 did.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

That depends on the return, doesn't it? For example, if they used the value received for Foles to obtain a pro bowl caliber offensive tackle, I doubt anyone would complain.

It would be a loving mistake to bring your franchise QB back early and risk him loving it up worse. For the sake of 2-3 games. I'd rather miss the playoffs next year than Wentz loving his knee again

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Trade Foles and start Sudafed if you have to. Getting good value for Foles is a smart move.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Play him when the doctors say he's ready. He didn't get a psychological injury along with this the way RG3 did.

Every knee injury is a psychological injury

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

NotWearingPants posted:

I can absolutely get on board with getting value for Foles. I'm talking about trying to bring Wentz back week one. No loving way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

If the Eagles win the Superbowl Foles is going for a second

• Locked thread