Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phyresis posted:

Yo idk what you're talking about. That loving owned. That's only like the third time I've escaped Tinfoil and he was playing fucken Savini. And he was pretty salty by the end but in a good-humored way. Just sucks that we can't keep a full group going as long as we used to

I just like for everyone to have a good time.

Tinfoil getting so rattled that he literally forgot about the boat was an amusing thing though. I'm pretty happy he killed me first that round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

This. So much this.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

This. So much this.

This plays when you watch the credits.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zaffy posted:

This plays when you watch the credits.

it also plays on the radio in-game sometimes. i think? i could be wrong, but im pretty sure ive heard it

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kelp Plankton posted:

it also plays on the radio in-game sometimes. i think? i could be wrong, but im pretty sure ive heard it

The radio (and car radio) has several songs, all of which are probably contained somewhere in this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbH4i2WGW4&index=4&list=RDBrCc-9hFrsU

Not sure that I've ever heard Man Behind the Mask play on any of the radios but I could be wrong, I hardly ever hear the radio and never for that long.

e: That's a clusterfuck of random music, most of which isn't in the game... but there's a few on there!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 15, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
by default the licensed music is skipped in the game to keep streamers and youtube folks from getting hit with claims. you can turn it on under the options somewhere, precisely where i don't remember.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

The radio (and car radio) has several songs, all of which are probably contained somewhere in this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbH4i2WGW4&index=4&list=RDBrCc-9hFrsU

Not sure that I've ever heard Man Behind the Mask play on any of the radios but I could be wrong, I hardly ever hear the radio and never for that long.

e: That's a clusterfuck of random music, most of which isn't in the game... but there's a few on there!

I seem to only ever hear that drat Misfits song. And it's fine as background noise in the game but it's pretty bad even by modern Misfits standards on its own.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Coolguye posted:

by default the licensed music is skipped in the game to keep streamers and youtube folks from getting hit with claims. you can turn it on under the options somewhere, precisely where i don't remember.

It's under audio settings.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had no idea it was even a Misfits song, I assumed it was a cheesy generic 80s metal song but yikes

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
*Burk Spawns as Tommy, enters clusterfuck musical chairs at car*
Tinfoil: "Burk, go fix the phone, it's at Springwater! I'm out of stamina, I'll meet you there."
Burk: "OK!"

*Tinfoil Dies*
*Burk Dies*

Burkion posted:

After 141 hours, I know each and every map well enough to basically know where I'm going at any given time without a map.

It is horrible knowledge I do not wish to have

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is why I do not wish to have it

I know where I am going

That don't mean poo poo about knowing where things are

Also you got that backwards. I died first and then you.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

This is why I do not wish to have it

I know where I am going

That don't mean poo poo about knowing where things are

Also you got that backwards. I died first and then you.

Oh right, you were Tommy after all.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
It's all good Burk, I figured out we are polar opposites in how we approach and play this game. Yet we still have good fun!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Burk, I love you.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

*Tinfoil Dies*
*Burk Dies*

I tried to help you... by parking the car infront of the fixed phonebox.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

*Burk Spawns as Tommy, enters clusterfuck musical chairs at car*
Tinfoil: "Burk, go fix the phone, it's at Springwater! I'm out of stamina, I'll meet you there."
Burk: "OK!"

*Tinfoil Dies*
*Burk Dies*

Burkion posted:

After 141 hours, I know each and every map well enough to basically know where I'm going at any given time without a map.

It is horrible knowledge I do not wish to have

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Just watched the F13 remake yesterday, and holy poo poo is Trent the biggest Chad to ever Chad. I love that he gets the funniest kill too, where (spoilers for anybody who cares) he tries to get away by himself in his car, and his girlfriend's body is tossed onto the windshield and he screams like a girl. Then he runs off to the main road and tries to get a truck, Jason catches him and stabs him through the chest from the back, spins him around and impales him on the truck's trailer hitch and he's dragged away by the scared truck driver.

Now I just really want a remake Jason with the ability to sprint, even if it has to just be an ability with a cooldown.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So I just did a game that weird.

There was some dude called swag draculat who I guess is some twich personality.

Cue This dude dick riding him with "hey can I add you I am fan dont worry jason wont kill us or i ll ban him"

While this is going on I find the fuse we get the police called and I go and wait by an exit 50/50 chance i ll be lucky right

Swag fixes the car they are coming jason telports I shoot him with my flare gun, he is stunded and then

Swag runs me over....I know he did it for the lulz.....

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Ups_rail posted:

Cue This dude dick riding him with "hey can I add you I am fan dont worry jason wont kill us or i ll ban him"

While this is going on I find the fuse we get the police called and I go and wait by an exit 50/50 chance i ll be lucky right

Swag fixes the car they are coming jason telports I shoot him with my flare gun, he is stunded and then

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Goddamn that's some kind of post.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

when tommy says "oh my god" it sounds exactly like seth green doin the chris griffin voice

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Friday the 13th: The Game: So I just did a game that weird.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Ups_rail posted:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Apparently as Jason I'm expected to know who has a pocket knife at all times, because if they DO have one then it's considered cheap not to grab them, but if they DON'T have one then grabbing is considered a bitch move. Regardless, my Jason responds to their whining with only harsh glares and extreme violence, so it's a moot point.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It's been brought up in the thread before, but the general rule of thumb is that if a counselor comes running up to you from the front and you're not occupied they either have a knife or they're an idiot. Either way they deserve an ignoble melee death.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

It's been brought up in the thread before, but the general rule of thumb is that if a counselor comes running up to you from the front and you're not occupied they either have a knife or they're an idiot. Either way they deserve an ignoble melee death.

There is a third option

It could be me. Especially as a Bugsy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah I have a habit of running up to Jason to bring down the slam jam, then completely whiffing the attack and winding up on the base of a bird bath :frog: Sometimes I get spicy and the only cure is whoopin' on a zombie dude/brutal impalement

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I did say "or they're an idiot" :v:

VV I'm not talking about last resorts, I mean they specifically turn around and sprint straight at Jason to try and fight.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 17, 2017

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Sometimes I do that if my stamina is super low and I won't be able to get away. Occasionally it works and I can stun Jason long enough to go hide.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, I don't run up to Jason to punch him. That'd be silly.

I run up to Jason to talk to him.

You would be surprised how much it annoys a Jason to be talked at by a character he cannot catch and how tunneled his vision gets.

It is about the only way I can ensure people get out in a Tinfoil game

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm on 2nd shift this week - please keep me up on all the latest GoonStories (TM), Burk.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

So Weekly, Venus, and I, as Vanessa, Tiffany, and Lachappa respectfully, together get the boat going and Weekly and I cruise out the exit; however, Ozone as part 3 NES Jason ends our little boating trip right before we get to the exit.

Cue I respawning as Tommy, immediately swimming all the way to the boat and escaping with it and leaving everyone behind to die.

TRUE HERO TOMMY JARVIS

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

it turns out that im retarded and should die

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Haven't played this game in a few weeks but last night i had a pretty good kill as Part 7 Jason.

It's a kid playing as Chad that starts out pleading that i don't kill him, as i'm breaking down the door though he goes "yeah dude i got Jason distracted just fix the car!" but i know for a fact he's lying since i had traps all over the car and nothing had been triggered, so i walk out of sight and hit Stalk. Lo and behold he thinks he's lost me so he slow crawls out of the broken window and is absolutely terrified when i come around the corner and grab him and throw him back into the cabin

a "noob kill" he called it since he didn't get the chance to try to break out :allears:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I've kind of forgotten this game came out, is the game worth the buy? (Xbone if it matters)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Comfortador posted:

I've kind of forgotten this game came out, is the game worth the buy? (Xbone if it matters)

I'd say so. I'm kinda burning out on it a bit myself but I've put in 30-40 hours already. Hopefully the playerbase will stick around because I could see myself coming back to it in a month or two after a break.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Xbone is the most busted up version by far for reference though, it apparently runs weird and MS keeps rejecting Gun's patches.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

So Weekly, Venus, and I, as Vanessa, Tiffany, and Lachappa respectfully, together get the boat going and Weekly and I cruise out the exit; however, Ozone as part 3 NES Jason ends our little boating trip right before we get to the exit.

Cue I respawning as Tommy, immediately swimming all the way to the boat and escaping with it and leaving everyone behind to die.

TRUE HERO TOMMY JARVIS

I couldn't hear you as Tommy and the boat was so far out that I didn't want to keep morphing over there and having to slowly get back to land since it was just you and Venus left.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Xbone is the most busted up version by far for reference though, it apparently runs weird and MS keeps rejecting Gun's patches.

And yet we play on :murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Regrettable posted:

I couldn't hear you as Tommy and the boat was so far out that I didn't want to keep morphing over there and having to slowly get back to land since it was just you and Venus left.

...okay not the point, the point was I could have saved Venus and we both could have escaped. Maybe. Possibly. There's a chance.

Instead, TRUE HERO TOMMY JARVIS saves the boat instead because gently caress you got mine.

• Locked thread