Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Covid-19 is gonna have so many cartoons its probally better to make more than one catagory:

Worst overall Covid-19 cartoon
Worst Covid-19 cartoon (Outdoors theme)
Worst Covid-19 cartoon (Isolation theme)
Most crazy Non-Garrison Covid-19 conspiracy themed cartoon
Most Willfully Dense Lockdown Response Cartoon

The Four Horsemen Awards for Covid-19

Conquest- Openly encouraging sickness
Death- Quibbling about death counts, fatalism
War- Trying to find blame, saber-rattling at China
Famine- Mocking the lockdown or shortages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Are you in quarantine or not Carmen?

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Covid-19 is gonna have so many cartoons its probally better to make more than one catagory:

Worst overall Covid-19 cartoon
Worst Covid-19 cartoon (Outdoors theme)
Worst Covid-19 cartoon (Isolation theme)
Most crazy Non-Garrison Covid-19 conspiracy themed cartoon
Most Willfully Dense Lockdown Response Cartoon

Cool in that case allow me to nominate:

Gaybies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense Lockdown Response Cartoon

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Just furiously shaking at the idea of no work.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

look at this snivelling little country going around trying not to die when it could be Strong and Mighty and Fighting Battles and Ruling The Waves and Stabbing People And DEATH DYING DEATH FOR GOD AND COUNTRY AND QUEEN KILL THE FOREIGN

ahem sorry sometimes the abyss gazes back sort of thing, you know how it is

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

Lion not pictured because it died of the virus.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
It's just so loving jarring to me that you could be as massive a oval office as Mike Lester but still baulk at using the word "hell" :v:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pilchenstein posted:

It's just so loving jarring to me that you could be as massive a oval office as Mike Lester but still baulk at using the word "hell" :v:
The belief that you can say terrible things about people all day but you're still a good person as long as you don't use specific words, that seems perfect for the conservative worldview.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

The belief that you can say terrible things about people all day but you're still a good person as long as you don't use specific words, that seems perfect for the conservative worldview.

Strange how they desperately want to say the N-word then

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Pleasant Friend posted:

Do they really consider non-whites 'people' though?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pleasant Friend posted:

I've heard kind of the opposite, that they feel as long as they can encode that one word as something else, at least in public, they're not racist.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

On Sunday the Federal education minister Dan Tehan went on full attack on the Victorian premier Dan Andrews for not immediately fully opening schools in his state, only to retract it hours later when Victoria reported they had to close a primary school due to a teacher catching the virus.

Leak, Son of Leak:

As far as I know school climate marches aren't actually happening in Australia right now outside of Leak's head.

Broelman:

Zanetti:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've heard kind of the opposite, that they feel as long as they can encode that one word as something else, at least in public, they're not racist.

So, the "I'm not touching you" defense?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

So, how many days until Prickly City starts doing nothing but Biden cartoons? A week?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

So, the "I'm not touching you" defense?
I dunno I think at least some of them I think it's actually the right way and not just a way to piss other people off.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Does anyone have the Mallard Fillmore where he's responding to Michelle Obama's praise for the Black Panther film (I think) with something like 'I guess she forgot about Spawn, Steel, and The Meteor Man!'?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

I'm not sure there's any point; it's doubtful whether there are going to be enough cartoons this year not about Covid to fill a category. The "2020's worst cartoon about Covid" category is just "2020's worst cartoon".

And just like that, the Gaybies morph into the Covids, because that's what they're all about.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Does anyone have the Mallard Fillmore where he's responding to Michelle Obama's praise for the Black Panther film (I think) with something like 'I guess she forgot about Spawn, Steel, and The Meteor Man!'?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I found a watermarked version searching for "mallard fillmore panther" and Google helpfully asked if I meant to search for "racist michelle obama cartoons".

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I love the little (sic) in there

White supremacists are always super, super loving performative about correct grammar and spelling and punctuation when it comes to criticising black people

One of the best ways to get a cheap rise out of a nazi is to say that they hosed up something in their word use or that they don't know what a complex word means, they get so loving livid about it and start digging through the thesaurus in super obvious ways; probably because the last time they ever got meaningful academic praise was in the spelling bee or when they were told they read at a (their grade + X) level.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Yeah, playing catch with your kids is a waste of time.

Granted, if any family hates being stuck inside with each other, I imagine it's the Lester family.

No but like, how am I supposed to hate the liberal when they're wandering around shouting badass things like this? I wish I could breathe fire on command like that.

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Ragnar34 posted:

No but like, how am I supposed to hate the liberal when they're wandering around shouting badass things like this?

The virgin "I wanna play catch and get haircuts" vs. the chad "We shall conquer death"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: New York Cancels Its Democratic Primary

Ted Rall posted:

How can a party that calls itself “democratic” cancel its own primaries?

Tags: absentee ballots, Bernie Sanders, cancellation, coronavirus, COVID-19, Joe Biden, New York primary, voter suppression

First Dog on the Moon: Have you learned anything new in lockdown or did you WASTE IT? What harsh truths did you discover?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I can't quite articulate why, but Ted Rall's speech bubbles are just so loving awful. None of these people talk like humans.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I can't quite articulate why, but Ted Rall's speech bubbles are just so loving awful. None of these people talk like humans.
It's the text version of someone who has exactly one sing-song stupid voice they use every time they quote someone you're meant to hate.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somfin posted:

The Four Horsemen Awards for Covid-19

Conquest- Openly encouraging sickness
Death- Quibbling about death counts, fatalism
War- Trying to find blame, saber-rattling at China
Famine- Mocking the lockdown or shortages

This is rather elegant.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Didn't we just do a bunch of cutting down of categories because we kept adding too many?

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
https://twitter.com/extrafabulous/status/1257285029606162435

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Yeah I'd say the president being a racist demagogue is a life-or-death concern for many, many people. Just not white people. So that's why it didn't matter.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who wants a Mike Peters dump?
No one? To bad. Pulled from his site, as well as Comics Kingdom. The small ones are off of his site. This is for April,

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Did he just forget to draw the stink lines?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BAT
SOUP

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Political Cartoons 2020: GIANT SUCKING SOUND

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yes Lester, the last enemy to be destroyed is Death.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Noted bad guys, Batman and Robin.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Winning Pulitzers is simple, you just have to rotate between a few main themes, such as:
  • DEBT
  • "People I dislike being sassed at by Gerald"
  • "People I dislike drawn in gigantic shoes"
  • "People I dislike drawn as popular heroes"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I forget, did this virus pandemic start from a Chinese vireology lab or from a Chinese wet market? I want to get my racist hot topics right.

Oh well, I can just say that it originated from them both! :downs:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Don't let yourself be pinned down to one source. Just keep on making new possible sources but make them sound as terrible as possible while doing it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

The corona virus gave many of the so-called leaders in this country an opportunity to reveal their true selves. Many may have suspected before, but now all doubt has been removed: They’re vicious tyrants.

Across the country, many mayors, governors, and congressional leaders have demonstrated just what control freaks they really are. Gavin Newsom, head tyrant of California, has closed all beaches. No, you can’t enjoy the waves, salt air, and sunlight—all virus destroyers—because he said so. He’s going to tell all Californians what they can and cannot do. Shut up and obey!

Michigan’s governor Gretchen Whitmer is a real piece of work. She denounced those who protested the lockdown as ‘racist.’ She made sure every Walmart store taped off their gardening sections because she considers them ’non essential.’ She gets to decide what you can and cannot buy.

New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio is having a field day. He wants his city locked down until at least July. Probably after July 4th so Americans can’t get together and celebrate Independence Day. The mayor crossed the line by threatening Jews who were holding prayer meetings and funerals. He instructed the police to ‘round them up!’

Many sheriffs and policeman have been behaving disgracefully. I saw a video in which the local sheriff and his deputy threatened a mother because her child went next door to play with a neighbor child. Oh no, can’t have that kind of freedom! The sheriff could have ignored it enforcing such an unconstitutional directive, but no…they love arresting, fining, and yelling at the sheeple. They are in tyrant heaven.

The worst tyrant of them all is the sociopath Bill Gates. His 100 billion dollar fortune has enabled him to greatly influence the medical field in a global manner, even though Bill is not trained in medicine. He doesn’t have a medical degree or even a college degree. He does have experience in dirty dealing. He was a ruthless businessman who shafted other programmers as he cobbled together a buggy and virus-riddled windows operating system. Now that squeaky-voiced geek…that nerd…that unelected ‘authority’ … that TYRANT…wants to control us all through a vile vaccine with built-in tracking technology. If you don’t take his shot, you won’t be able to travel or work. We must not let Kill Bill have his way.

A horrific and dystopian future awaits us all if we don’t start pushing back against the tyrants. We don’t need their permission to be human beings.

Ben Garrison

UPDATE: WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF MOVING OUR OPERATIONS TO A NEW RENTAL- PLEASE PARDON THE DELAYS WITH ORDERS AND RESPONSES- WE HOPE TO BE BACK SOON!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009