Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

California isn't broke dumbass.

And they have the Rose Bowl, Qualcomm, LA Coliseum, that lovely new 49ers stadium, Stanford, Cal, etc hell they could do it easily. How about you apologize.
Put it in Texas. Soccer and Open Carry are a match made in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Durrr lets have a World Cup in Australia durrrr

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

A Winner is Jew posted:

We're actually running a surplus but the games would be played on dirt since we don't have any water.

There is plenty of water. The "drought" is a lie and only affects farmers.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

They're broke and have all of two maybe three stadiums that would be able to have a world cup game right now.

California isn't broke, we're in a drought

So yeah, maybe we shouldn't be building more places filled with useless water wasting grass

Also, lol at no drought. It isn't mad max, but we are so loving below where we should be in terms of water reserves after the last few years

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

stickyfngrdboy posted:

if you think the rest of football is going to say 'thanks for taking our free money away' by giving you a world cup, you're probably mental.

Do you realise how long it's going to take to restructure the organisation, top to bottom? They're going to have to decide on a new leader, who is then going to have to gain the support not only of enough members to get elected - in theory without paying for the privilege - but also enough members to completely reform the entire organisation, while trying to keep not only little old US of A happy, but every African nation, every middle and far Eastern nation, every fucker in Europe, those Aussie cunts, whoever else I missed, all of those people need to be kept happy. And thats before anyone even gets the job.

Then, once they've got that job (it'll be 2025 at least by now) they'll need to come up with a system, a fair system, which doesn't piss off half of the member nations, that gives each of those nations a say in where world cups are played - again, without having to bribe, bribing is bad now America don't like it.

Then they'll have to come up with rules about who can represent each country's associations, maybe come up with some list of reasons of why certain people might not be suitable, while every member nation's representative at the time can be described by just such a list.

then, once they've done that, they're going to have to decide on a million factors about who can host a world cup without buying it, something which hasn't happened for decades.

Then a billion rules about sponsorship contracts, which will now have to be given without bribes and kickbacks. Again, most of you weren't alive when this last happened.

Then there's payments to suppliers, service providers, caterers, handbag and watch manufacturers - think of all the things a major international business imeancharity needs to pay for, down to paperclips and toilet paper. every single payment that needs paying, that now needs paying legitimately and without bribes, with millions of eyes on every transaction.

Yeah. It's going to be easy.

nice meltdown

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's our game we're taking it home

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Crazy Ted posted:

Put it in Texas. Soccer and Open Carry are a match made in heaven.

Don't forget mandatory beer to make it a threesome of family values.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

We're actually running a surplus but the games would be played on dirt since we don't have any water.

Just redirect the water used for golf courses

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So what's the over/under on how long until the Garcia report is fully published? Also, odds on the FBI 'accidentally' having a copy of it already?

I wonder if after FIFA pissed him off, Garcia dropped a couple hints about where to go looking for evidence and who to look at.

I thought the Swiss already confiscated copies of the Garcia report when they searched FIFA headquarters last week?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

if you think the rest of football is going to say 'thanks for taking our free money away' by giving you a world cup, you're probably mental.

Do you realise how long it's going to take to restructure the organisation, top to bottom? They're going to have to decide on a new leader, who is then going to have to gain the support not only of enough members to get elected - in theory without paying for the privilege - but also enough members to completely reform the entire organisation, while trying to keep not only little old US of A happy, but every African nation, every middle and far Eastern nation, every fucker in Europe, those Aussie cunts, whoever else I missed, all of those people need to be kept happy. And thats before anyone even gets the job.

Then, once they've got that job (it'll be 2025 at least by now) they'll need to come up with a system, a fair system, which doesn't piss off half of the member nations, that gives each of those nations a say in where world cups are played - again, without having to bribe, bribing is bad now America don't like it.

Then they'll have to come up with rules about who can represent each country's associations, maybe come up with some list of reasons of why certain people might not be suitable, while every member nation's representative at the time can be described by just such a list.

then, once they've done that, they're going to have to decide on a million factors about who can host a world cup without buying it, something which hasn't happened for decades.

Then a billion rules about sponsorship contracts, which will now have to be given without bribes and kickbacks. Again, most of you weren't alive when this last happened.

Then there's payments to suppliers, service providers, caterers, handbag and watch manufacturers - think of all the things a major international business imeancharity needs to pay for, down to paperclips and toilet paper. every single payment that needs paying, that now needs paying legitimately and without bribes, with millions of eyes on every transaction.

We're the country that kept West Berlin going, put a man on the moon, invented the iphone, elected a black president, and pretended to believe that Bruce Jenner is a woman. Some dumbass "soccer" business is gonna be no problem

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

African AIDS cum posted:

California isn't broke dumbass.

And they have the Rose Bowl, Qualcomm, LA Coliseum, that lovely new 49ers stadium, Stanford, Cal, etc hell they could do it easily. How about you apologize.

Qualcomm and the Coliseum are total loving dumps. Stanford's stadium is not setup for Soccer and neither is Cal's -- nor would they likely use either facility for a world cup game.

The Rose Bowl and Levi's are basically the only stadiums that would be part of a world cup bid.

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

agreed op, i'd much rather see the World Cup final played on the lush field turf of the Lucas Oil Stadium in soccer loving Indiana than in a UEFA category four stadium.

Lucas Oil Stadium sucks balls and I'd have to look back at our original bid, but I don't think they'd have the final there.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Just redirect the water used for golf courses

There is no drought, the golf courses are all green. Its just mad lettuce farmers crying like girls.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Agreed, let's completely dismantle FIFA.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MLS should take over FIFA.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Qualcomm and the Coliseum are total loving dumps. Stanford's stadium is not setup for Soccer and neither is Cal's -- nor would they likely use either facility for a world cup game.

The Rose Bowl and Levi's are basically the only stadiums that would be part of a world cup bid.

It doesn't matter if they are dumps, they can seat a billion people and make big fat filthy $$$

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Hegay posted:

Just redirect the water used for golf courses almond farms since every almond requires a gallon of water to produce

This is a much better solution IMO

African AIDS cum posted:

There is plenty of water. The "drought" is a lie and only affects farmers.

You're a loving idiot.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

This is a much better solution IMO

You're a loving idiot.

Hmm yet I was just in Palm Springs, a "desert" and all the golf courses are green and vibrant. Explain?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Hmm yet I was just in Palm Springs, a "desert" and all the golf courses are green and vibrant. Explain?
FieldTurf golf courses

It's a very hush hush thing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Australia could be a good option and they're building lots of stadiums right now anyway aren't they?

These are the venues we submitted for our bid

quote:

Sydney: Stadium Australia (existing) and Blacktown (new) 80k movable stands make an almost rectangle, and 41k
Melbourne: MCG (existing) 100k Oval
Adelaide: Adelaide Oval (existing) 55k Oval
Perth: New Perth Stadium (2018) 60k Oval
Canberra: Canberra Stadium (new) 45k Rectangle
Newcastle: Hunter Stadium (upgrade) 33k currently Rectangle
Brisbane: Lang Park (existing) 52k Rectangle
Gold Coast: Carrara Stadium (upgrade) 25k currently Oval
Townsville: Willows Stadium (upgrade) 26k currently Rectangle
Geelong: Kardinia Park (upgrade) 34k currently Oval

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 2, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

Durrr lets have a World Cup in Australia durrrr

We actually bid for 2022 but we just don't have the bribe budget.

EDIT: weird, there's a few large stadiums not in that bid list. Docklands is 60k and there's a few other 50 or 40k ish ones we could've used. Why so small?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 2, 2015

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

These are the venues we submitted for our bid

25k lol. We have high school stadiums bigger than this. FOH Australia, America should just hold the world cup every time.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

MikeJF posted:

you gave some guy $500K

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

MikeJF posted:

If Russia can't host it due to racism and hating the gays, well, don't hold much hope
for your lot

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

African AIDS cum posted:

25k lol. We have high school stadiums bigger than this. FOH Australia, America should just hold the world cup every time.

Personally, the idea of having a the World Cup final in Bryant-Denny is loving hilarious.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Polidoro posted:

you gave some guy $500K
$500K when Jack Warner got $10 million to vote for South Africa 2010.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

If Russia can't host it due to racism and hating the gays, well, don't hold much hope
for your lot

We are banking on this gay tolerance thing being a passing fad

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

$500K when Jack Warner got $10 million to vote for South Africa 2010.

it wasnt all for him. good jack volunteered to distribute the money between CONCACAF members

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

for your lot

we're actually super cool with black people in sports stadiums and/or colliseums, just not our suburbs

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Here were the cities in the US bid for 2022, from what I can see we hadn't selected which would be the final yet... New York at MetLife would be really loving cool.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Now FIFA will stop putting USA in the group of death every time. Hello easy lovely opponents like Tunisia, Paraguay, and England

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

here were the cities in the US bid for 2022

from what I can see we hadn't selected which would be the final yet... New York at MetLife would be really loving cool.

Nowhere on the east coast or south should be holding soccer games in the summer, too humid and unsafe. Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, LA, San Diego could all host easily and safely. Maybe Denver too, nice and dry there.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
LA? What were they going to use, the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

African AIDS cum posted:

I've seen those lovely concrete bowls on TV, who even wants to play in those let alone go and watch anything?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

African AIDS cum posted:

Well I could pull the "I know more about this than you" because I was the irrigation designer for the winning pilot project that led to AB 1881 that mandates a 40% reduction for all landscape water usage on new projects by this year back in 2006, or that WUCOLS (Water Use Classification of Landscape Species) is now the bible for landscape architects in CA instead of Sunset, or that I loving made 1/2 the god drat water efficiency use forums on http://www.water.ca.gov/wateruseefficiency/landscapeordinance/.

Or I could just say that Palm Springs is using almost 3-4 times the water that they should be using because all the old retired idiots think that Marathon II or Bermuda loving turf should make up 90% of there yards is a good idea in the middle of the loving desert, to say nothing about how most golf course use a bioswale/retention system in combination with reclaimed water for their turf.

Crazy Ted posted:

FieldTurf golf courses

It's a very hush hush thing

Also this.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I'd give it to the USA for 2022, they've got the best fans.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

Nowhere on the east coast or south should be holding soccer games in the summer, too humid and unsafe. Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, LA, San Diego could all host easily and safely. Maybe Denver too, nice and dry there.

:dogbutton: The Northeast ones are all fine. Tampa and Miami aren't that bad -- no worse than loving Brazil. Atlanta is a dome.

davecrazy posted:

LA? What were they going to use, the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum?

Yeah. Though I don't think they'd use the LA Coliseum if the pro stadium ever gets built. The Rose Bowl is whatever.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I'd give it to the USA for 2022, they've got the best fans.

It's true. Our fans are really loving awesome.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well I could pull the "I know more about this than you" because I was the irrigation designer for the winning pilot project that let to AB 1881 that mandates a 40% reduction for all landscape on new projects by this year back in 2006, or that WUCOLS (Water Use Classification of Landscape Species) is now the bible for landscape architects in CA instead of Sunset, or that I loving made 1/2 the god drat water efficiency use forums on http://www.water.ca.gov/wateruseefficiency/landscapeordinance/.

Or I could just say that Palm Springs is using almost 3-4 times the water that they should be using because all the old retired idiots think that Marathon II or Bermuda loving turf should make up 90% of there yards is a good idea in the middle of the loving desert, to say nothing about how most golf course use a bioswale/retention system in combination with reclaimed water for their turf.

This isn't the grass thread or water thread or whatever the gently caress you're talking about get hosed

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well I could pull the "I know more about this than you" because I was the irrigation designer for the winning pilot project that led to AB 1881 that mandates a 40% reduction for all landscape water usage on new projects by this year back in 2006, or that WUCOLS (Water Use Classification of Landscape Species) is now the bible for landscape architects in CA instead of Sunset, or that I loving made 1/2 the god drat water efficiency use forums on http://www.water.ca.gov/wateruseefficiency/landscapeordinance/.

Also this.

look at this loving nerd

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

Well I could pull the "I know more about this than you" because I was the irrigation designer for the winning pilot project that let to AB 1881 that mandates a 40% reduction for all landscape on new projects by this year back in 2006, or that WUCOLS (Water Use Classification of Landscape Species) is now the bible for landscape architects in CA instead of Sunset, or that I loving made 1/2 the god drat water efficiency use forums on http://www.water.ca.gov/wateruseefficiency/landscapeordinance/.

Oh word? I live in La Jolla and its green and beautiful here too. California has tons of water, I look out my window and see a vast stretch of water that goes all the way to Japan. We have had enough of you drought people and your hysterical propaganda. Additionally Lake Tahoe is the largest lake in the world, in California. We have lots of water and besides it rained a lot last month I'll keep taking really long showers and washing my car every day and you drought libs can keep crying pubby tears about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol the amount of stupid serious posting by people who have never posted in TRP before this thread is staggering