Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's not that hard to mix them up, they both want to secede.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

He's called Arseface because Cassidy is the one who names him.

Right but when brits say it they say it "ahss face" not ARRRse face.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Right but when brits say it they say it "ahss face" not ARRRse face.

He's Irish.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, that's kinda like saying that when Americans say 'sure' they say 'shore'. In SOME accents it might sound like that, but not all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

He's Irish.

Same thing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Same thing.

He would be so pissed off you said that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, that's kinda like saying that when Americans say 'sure' they say 'shore'. In SOME accents it might sound like that, but not all.

Right but we don't spell it like that .

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Right but we don't spell it like that .

Look, it's not our fault that when you lot decided to go it alone you forgot how to spell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It'll be pronounced Arseface by everyone because that's the name and that's how you pronounce it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If this isn't a period piece what do you think they'll use add the impetus for his suicide pact in place of Kurt Cobain?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

It'll be pronounced Arseface by everyone because that's the name and that's how you pronounce it.

Not by me buddy!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Not by me buddy!

Way to rebel against the system there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

greatn posted:

If this isn't a period piece what do you think they'll use add the impetus for his suicide pact in place of Kurt Cobain?

David Carradine. But they're changing the character to Corhagen-at-the-end-of-Total-Recall-Face.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cardboard Box A posted:

You forgot the "fights for family and lives for love" Batman Begins promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSe6tvfedb0

That's actually the one I was looking for, but found the other one first and figured it was close enough. I'm honestly surprised there's that much footage of Christian Bale smiling in the movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

That's actually the one I was looking for, but found the other one first and figured it was close enough. I'm honestly surprised there's that much footage of Christian Bale smiling in the movie.

They didn't. They use the shot in the Learjet of him smiling at Alfred twice.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

They didn't. They use the shot in the Learjet of him smiling at Alfred twice.

That's loving perfect, I'm half surprised one of the shots isn't from American Psycho. (He fights for family, and lives to love Huey Lewis and the News)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I liked the Legends preview but I really hope that opening monologue/scene isn't actually in the show. I don't know, it looks good, but I think there's a tipping point where enjoyable cheesiness (Flash) becomes unbearable schlock and I'm worried that some of that stuff ("You won't be heroes, you'll be... legends" ugh) might go over the line. I also worry about too many crossovers. I mean, I like that Flash embraces its comic roots (and that Arrow is learning to more and more) but I'm worried that if there start being crossover episodes with both other shows on each show (like a Flash/Legends and a Flash/Arrow crossover next Flash season), then the individual shows will suffer and it'll eventually become incomprehensible and impenetrable to a lot of viewers. You know, like actual comics.

But all those worries aside, I'll watch anything that lets Wentworth Miller chew more scenery,.

Skwirl posted:

lives to love Huey Lewis and the News)

Well who among us doesn't really?

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

Skwirl posted:

That's loving perfect, I'm half surprised one of the shots isn't from American Psycho. (He fights for family, and lives to love Huey Lewis and the News)

Don't need parents! Don't want fame!
Don't need no Bat credit card to ride this train!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So I showed the Supergirl trailer to one of my best friends tonight and she said she did notice that the show comes across very light and girly, but also that those are actually the exact things that make her want to watch it more than a show like -- for instance -- Arrow. The exact words she used were that those things felt like they were "humanizing" the character.

It really does take all sorts, apparently.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

So I showed the Supergirl trailer to one of my best friends tonight and she said she did notice that the show comes across very light and girly, but also that those are actually the exact things that make her want to watch it more than a show like -- for instance -- Arrow. The exact words she used were that those things felt like they were "humanizing" the character.

In the business it's called demographics.

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker
Read most of the Daredevil talk, but not all, so apologies if my speculation's been covered - we know Leland Owsley is The Owl in the comics universe, but with talk of his son throughout this season plus the millions he stole from the Kingpin, I believe Leland's son will become The Owl in the next season of Daredevil.

Also, great first season, though it did take me four episodes or so to really be pulled in.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

BrianWilly posted:

Are you telling me that there are people who do not have the same interests and tastes as the Something Awful forums? I am shocked.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BrianWilly posted:

No poo poo?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Turns out the comic book movie thread in the comic book subforum on Something Awful is not a representative sample population.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I don't buy that it won't be gritty bullshit and think the preview is editing magic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SirDan3k posted:

I don't buy that it won't be gritty bullshit and think the preview is editing magic.

End of episode 1: Kara has Vartox's throat gripped tightly in her iron grasp, sneering and snarling in his face as he gasps for air and tears stream down his terrified face, he begs in a croaking voice, "...please... have some humanity!". Supergirl's eyes narrow as her white-hot heat vision bores into the front of his skull, and with a sickening pop, burns through the other side.

"Too bad. I'm not human," she whispers to the corpse as she drops it into the mud, a cold, tight smirk on her black-lined lips.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love that immediately after Thawne popped out of existence on Flash, a time paradox started right as me and my brother started talking about "Well if Wells made the particle accelerator shouldn't that change histo- HOLY poo poo YES".

Also drat you Flash for blue-balling me a whole season break.

Gaz-L posted:

End of episode 1: Kara has Vartox's throat gripped tightly in her iron grasp, sneering and snarling in his face as he gasps for air and tears stream down his terrified face, he begs in a croaking voice, "...please... have some humanity!". Supergirl's eyes narrow as her white-hot heat vision bores into the front of his skull, and with a sickening pop, burns through the other side.

"Too bad. I'm not human," she whispers to the corpse as she drops it into the mud, a cold, tight smirk on her black-lined lips.

Sounds like someone's ready to write cold opens for Arrow.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The Flash season finale might have been the most comic like thing ever made.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, nothing actually happening for 80% of it and then a big tease for something that they probably haven't even plotted out yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, nothing actually happening for 80% of it and then a big tease for something that they probably haven't even plotted out yet.

It's amazing how not far off the mark this is.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey does anyone know when season to of AoS is gonna be on Netflix?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

StashAugustine posted:

Hey does anyone know when season to of AoS is gonna be on Netflix?

Not sure. Usually it is around the time it hits home video release, but the Disney deal might make it sooner than that.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

AoS season one didn't show up on Netflix until well into season two. I would anticipate a week or two before the season three premiere but there's a possibility of later like November.

GraphX-Man
Apr 1, 2007

AoS season 2 will be on Netflix June 11th.

http://netflixlife.com/2015/05/21/agents-of-shield-season-2-netflix/

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Is it kosher to talk about the Supergirl pilot episode leak?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just tell me this: do they show her boobs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

Just tell me this: do they show her boobs?

That was the other leak.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes you can talk about it here. But put specifics in spoiler tags. Here's my thoughts on it.

Deadpool posted:

I watched the Supergirl pilot and while I would not call it good it's nowhere near as horrible as the trailer made it out to be. What's weird is the effects look so much better than they did in the trailer that I don't believe for a second they polished them up that much in a week. That means they used unfinished effects in the trailer when the finished effects were probably ready to go. The plane rescue is actually quite amazing for a TV budget. Even on a major network like CBS.

The biggest downside is that if you were to look at the dialogue in this episode you would think the main character of the show was "her cousin" because nobody ever shuts the gently caress about "him" at all. They say "his" name once in the intro and only refer to "him" like I am now for the rest of the episode. It's annoying as hell. Also he's been around for over a decade at least in this universe as he was already doing his thing as a superhero when Kara arrived as a child on Earth. How they're going to avoid using him on the show is certain to become distracting as there's no reason at all why he shouldn't be able to pop at to even just say hello to his cousin. I struggled not type out his name just in those few sentences, I don't know how they wrote that whole episode doing it. At one point Cat Grant refers to him as The Superlative Man. Talk about jumping through hoops.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's the same reason Fox wanted Bruce Wayne on Gotham. WB don't want to have the Trinity on TV (I find it very hard to believe that CW want a Captain Cold/Firestorm/Atom team-up before a Wonder Woman show), but the big networks really, really want to be able to sell the shows on THOSE characters, and not the ones actually in the series, so you end up with Baby Brucie and Her Cousin as compromises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We don't say his name.