Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Doesn't a Mallus have the exact same bonus to damps, only difference if you're using it as a damp boat T2 resists, a higher price point, and more skills to get into it?

OR am I overlooking something here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

iospace posted:

Doesn't a Mallus have the exact same bonus to damps, only difference if you're using it as a damp boat T2 resists, a higher price point, and more skills to get into it?

OR am I overlooking something here?

Pretty much, but you get a point range bonus which is amazing

You also have better fitting and stats which makes a lot of difference in small gangs

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Would it be sufficient to just bring un-bonused damps on a couple ships? For example, when roaming we often use shield tanked stuff, and a keres cant really fit a good shield tank and a point and a damp and a sebo to damp out far enough to stop jams well at all. I suppose it doesnt matter nearly so much if youre kiting, or if you have no logi.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

L0cke17 posted:

Would it be sufficient to just bring un-bonused damps on a couple ships? For example, when roaming we often use shield tanked stuff, and a keres cant really fit a good shield tank and a point and a damp and a sebo to damp out far enough to stop jams well at all. I suppose it doesnt matter nearly so much if youre kiting, or if you have no logi.

Eh, I'd rather have a keres in support, it should be 80+km away anyway with an SAAR just in case, or if you need it as a point still not close enough to be worried about getting killed

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ullerrm posted:

If you're okay with leaving a bit of DPS on the table, dual rep is pretty cheap and effective too. 300M or so for the whole thing:

code:
[Ishtar, Namamai's Ishtar]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Berserker II x2
Hammerhead II x5
Praetor II x4
Ogre II x5
Acolyte II x5
Warrior II x5
That gets you to 560dps dealt with Ogres, and tanking 600+ overheated with an Exile and no implants. Swapping an EANM for a DDA gets you up to 660dps with Ogres but drops your tank to 480ish overheated; you can bring that back up with a faction EANM (~35M) or Asklepians.

this concept but applied to vagabonds is probably one of my fav ships and it can do c3 wormhole sites well too. its the cheapest thing that can do em without wanting to kill yourself and hey it can pvp? whoa

x type or go home b*tch

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

nigga crab pollock posted:

this concept but applied to vagabonds is probably one of my fav ships and it can do c3 wormhole sites well too. its the cheapest thing that can do em without wanting to kill yourself and hey it can pvp? whoa

x type or go home b*tch

Got the fit? Doing C3 sites in a Vagabond capable of PVP would be hilarious. I assume its frail though unlike a snek.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Got the fit? Doing C3 sites in a Vagabond capable of PVP would be hilarious. I assume its frail though unlike a snek.

[Vagabond, c3]

Reactor Control Unit II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Warp Scrambler II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Small Energy Nosferatu II

Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Is what I have saved from somewhere. Not sure its the optimal fit for it, but with just pulsing the prop mod you get a significant cap-stable tank. e: I used this and an ishtar to dualbox c3 sites, and poo poo on people who tried to gank me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

L0cke17 posted:

[Vagabond, c3]

Reactor Control Unit II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Warp Scrambler II

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Small Energy Nosferatu II

Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Is what I have saved from somewhere. Not sure its the optimal fit for it, but with just pulsing the prop mod you get a significant cap-stable tank. e: I used this and an ishtar to dualbox c3 sites, and poo poo on people who tried to gank me.

I'd drop the guns down to 220mm. It allows you to swap the tracking enhancer for a third gyro, with a net result being a small increase in both dps and tracking, but much more fitting room. You can then swap the cap battery to a RF one, which makes you a bit more stable (and is cheaper), and then you can go to a medium compact nosferatu. The only downside is you lose some range as opposed to the 425mms.

iospace fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 9, 2017

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Considered coming back, read OP, decided against it.

I still have so much stuff locked away in VFK and other active spots around Dek, to come back and start again sounds loving terrible.

thanks op!

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Biaga posted:

Considered coming back, read OP, decided against it.

I still have so much stuff locked away in VFK and other active spots around Dek, to come back and start again sounds loving terrible.

thanks op!

if you have poo poo locked in VFK just JC there and ask a GM to move your most expensive thing

EVE is actually not terrible now

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

there's also guys doing dek buyback at like 85% of Jita.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

Landsknecht posted:

if you have poo poo locked in VFK just JC there and ask a GM to move your most expensive thing

EVE is actually not terrible now

Have they changed the rules on this? They refused to move my stuff out of MO a year or so ago. Luckily when I checked this year Goons had taken the region back so I started playing again.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DoctorOozy posted:

Have they changed the rules on this? They refused to move my stuff out of MO a year or so ago. Luckily when I checked this year Goons had taken the region back so I started playing again.

They'll move one non-jump capable ship per account. You need to have been unsubbed for 3 months.

I moved an orca full of my crap, was pretty great.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

x type or go home b*tch

vagas do like half the dps though

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Ravus posted:

They'll move one non-jump capable ship per account. You need to have been unsubbed for 3 months.

I moved an orca full of my crap, was pretty great.

I moved one per character a month ago, 3 times on 1 account .

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Patch Notes Up

Of note:

quote:

-Added a 'buy missing material' option to industry window.
-Personal Insurance is now available as a standard NPC service in all Upwell structures.
-The "Show Info" windows will now highlight any attributes that have been modified (Green for good, red for bad). The tooltip for any modified attribute will display its base value.

-Tracking & Guidance disruptors now work on NPCs & Fighters.
-NPC Tracking & Guidance disruptors now respect Weapon Disruption Resistance.
-When a cargo container is jettisoned from a titan, it will now always appear within a scoopable range. (Previously it could appear up to 7km away from the parent ship).
-Fighter abilities will now be deactivated if the controller ship enters a forcefield, or if the controlling ship and the fighter are not on the same grid.
-Multibuy: Structures with market hubs can now be selected as places to set up orders in the multibuy location drop down box.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
"Corrected Minmatar Frigate Slasher mining laser turret targeting accuracy."

pubbies.txt

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
They're not patch notes at all. They're "guys, list everything you've done so we can fill up the 'patch notes' cause it looks loving empty."

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

MorsAnima posted:

They're not patch notes at all. They're "guys, list everything you've done so we can fill up the 'patch notes' cause it looks loving empty."

As much as I'm usually a CCP apologist, I agree. Structures for resource extraction should have been out by now, if not by early spring, but CCP is busy pouring development dollars into VR rather than spend anything on the game that makes them money. I think it's a fundamental strategic mistake: if they nudged new player retention up by 18 months for 2% of people who play this game, it would have a massive positive effect on the population. They really don't need to move the needle that much.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Now they just need to introduce repairing inside citadels. Having hundreds of half burnt mods in a citadel is pretty annoying. I know I could haul the poo poo to a nearby station, but :effort:.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Ravus posted:

They'll move one non-jump capable ship per account.

(sigh) tosses tarp back over Dread.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

iospace posted:

I'd drop the guns down to 220mm. It allows you to swap the tracking enhancer for a third gyro, with a net result being a small increase in both dps and tracking, but much more fitting room. You can then swap the cap battery to a RF one, which makes you a bit more stable (and is cheaper), and then you can go to a medium compact nosferatu. The only downside is you lose some range as opposed to the 425mms.

i drop the nos and the RCU and use four gyros

it can do outposts and solar cells, just not oruzes (since it has obnoxious neuts and webs)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

i drop the nos and the RCU and use four gyros

it can do outposts and solar cells, just not oruzes (since it has obnoxious neuts and webs)

I was thinking that as well, but at that point wouldn't a tracking enhancer be better because of stacking?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
probably but tracking isn't really an issue at all you can shoot frigates with hail

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fair enough then. Unrelated, CCP, please move a low slot from the Vaga to a mid, thank you.

(seriously, what were they thinking when they decided, "LET'S GIVE THIS A BOOSTING BONUS" and more lows than mids)

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

RazNation posted:

(sigh) tosses tarp back over Dread.

don't dreads still insure well? just insurance fraud it

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
How is this game still alive? I have never heard anyone say that it's anything but poo poo. Is mining in space so popular?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Dejawesp posted:

How is this game still alive? I have never heard anyone say that it's anything but poo poo. Is mining in space so popular?

Eve is actually pretty good now. The moneymaking (at least out in null) is pretty decent for minimal effort, and theres people to shoot all the time basically.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Yeah? The videos look beautiful. Then you click "images" and you get this

and this

What the gently caress is that? What am I looking at?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Dejawesp posted:

Yeah? The videos look beautiful. Then you click "images" and you get this

and this

What the gently caress is that? What am I looking at?

The first I'm not sure exactly where its from but based on the character names was probably a fight in the Fountain region in 2012, but the second is from the point of view of a capital ship during the battle of Asakai, one of the biggest fights in the history of the game. What you're seeing is the brackets representing drones and ships in battles of thousands vs thousands, so the overview gets pretty cluttered.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Yeah okay that's fair. What else do I need to know?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Dejawesp posted:

Yeah okay that's fair. What else do I need to know?

Theres honestly too much. You've joined SA too recently to join goonwaffe, but you can join karmafleet with an alpha account (free to play, but limited) and learn. We have great tools and groups for teaching how to play.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

L0cke17 posted:

Theres honestly too much. You've joined SA too recently to join goonwaffe, but you can join karmafleet with an alpha account (free to play, but limited) and learn. We have great tools and groups for teaching how to play.

Thanks I don't even know if I'm going to play it. I'll test it if it's free.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Okay what race has the best bonuses?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dejawesp posted:

Okay what race has the best bonuses?

gallente

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

That is horrifying.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 38 hours!)

Dejawesp posted:

That is horrifying.

Definitely gallente

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

The atmosphere is real pretty. Even if everything seems to involve clicking and the radial menu.

I was given permission to use a stargate to get to my next mission. No recruit before has ever been given this honor.

Now this is what I want!

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 12, 2017

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Yes eve its lots of clicking. You can pilot your ship in 1st person view with wasd but you'll get tired of at least first person quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

necrotic posted:

Yes eve its lots of clicking. You can pilot your ship in 1st person view with wasd but you'll get tired of at least first person quick.

I tried that. Instant motion sickness. But clicking works.

:stare:

loving awesome.

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 12, 2017

• Locked thread