Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't imagine there will be any objections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Tinfoil and Burk, today you are promoted to councilors. May you rule our camp with an iron fist.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Basebf555 posted:

Yea, the water and the shore are treated as no mans land most of the time. It's like a slightly less dangerous version of hanging out in Jason's shack, you're playing Russian Roulette just being there.

I hate searching the boat house. So goddamn exposed

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inside Out Mom posted:

Tinfoil and Burk, today you are promoted to councilors. May you rule our camp with an iron fist.

I learned about this by going to discord first

I was very confused and remain so

I prefer this

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Inside Out Mom posted:

My first proclamation is that everyone must do the exact *opposite* of whatever Burk commands.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

It happened to Ozone because overclocking his GPU apparently.

I think that was because Nvidia's most recent driver update was making it a little unstable since lot of people have been complaining about crashes and BSODs after updating. I've only crashed a few times after lowering it slightly and wouldn't be surprised if the driver is what's causing it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My first proclamation is that everyone must do the exact *opposite* of whatever Burk commands.

My first command is to listen to all of Tinfoil's proclamations

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
God, I miss this game. Not playing it again until the next patch. Mostly because I don't get any work done when I play...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Tried 5 games today and couldn't finish a single one either due to host leaving or connection issues. Half the time i hit quickmatch and get put into a lobby by myself :sigh: No end to issues on xbox in sight.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 20, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Burkion posted:

My first command is to listen to all of Tinfoil's proclamations

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Tried 5 games today and couldn't finish a single one either due to host leaving or connection issues. Half the time i hit quickmatch and get put into a lobby by myself :sigh: No end to issues on xbox in sight.

You have my sympathy.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
So uh.... I killed Jason with the boat today.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyEncouragingMushroomOhMyDog

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

There is this at least, :shobon: https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/887667105578967045

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
New content for comicon, perhaps?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

New content for comicon, perhaps?

If I had to guess? Single player, Fox, and hopefully a new map too.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm going to guess it's just a booth where people can play and they give out some merchandise, no conference or new stuff.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

*Burk Spawns as Tommy, enters clusterfuck musical chairs at car*
Tinfoil: "Burk, go fix the phone, it's at Springwater! I'm out of stamina, I'll meet you there."
Burk: "OK!"

*Tinfoil Dies*
*Burk Dies*

I know I'm several days late on this, but Family Circus got weird after Bil Keene died.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
If you're ever in a game with Burk you need to stay the hell away from him - things will happen and most of them are not good. Once you are spectating, be sure to spectate Burk because that is where 100% of anything ridiculous will happen.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

If you're ever in a game with Burk you need to stay the hell away from him - things will happen and most of them are not good. Once you are spectating, be sure to spectate Burk because that is where 100% of anything ridiculous will happen.

Good things always happen around me

Terry came out of nowhere that was not my fault

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

Terry came out of nowhere that was not my fault

Terry was Tiffany and Burk was Tommy for anyone keeping score of how many deaths, betrayals, and suicides are attributable to Burk.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Terry was Tiffany and Burk was Tommy for anyone keeping score of how many deaths, betrayals, and suicides are attributable to Burk.

I got Venus out that negates that unfortunate accident

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm noticing that in quickplay, I'm very regularly jumping into games and immediately playing as Jason. I think it must be due to an increase in people who are setting their spawn preference to counselor, which is pretty interesting. Either people are starting to have more fun with the counselor gameplay than they were before or maybe it's a bunch of new players who are scared to fail as Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Basebf555 posted:

scared to fail as Jason.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Basebf555 posted:

I'm noticing that in quickplay, I'm very regularly jumping into games and immediately playing as Jason. I think it must be due to an increase in people who are setting their spawn preference to counselor, which is pretty interesting. Either people are starting to have more fun with the counselor gameplay than they were before or maybe it's a bunch of new players who are scared to fail as Jason.

Or they failed to switch off from the default setting of "no preference" which is barely any different from "counselor preference" in terms of "will you get to play as Jason".

Also I think you're overthinking things, dude.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe I'm overthinking it but it's not just a few games. I've been Jason right away in like 6 or 7 out of the last 10 games I've joined.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I somehow just survived a match as the Final Girl, running across the map to pull the keys off a dead body, got back to the car and barely made it out. My heart was literally pounding.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

I've heard people talking before and after games about preferring to play as counselors over Jason. For some it is the "I suck as Jason" feeling, others had just gotten bored with Jason and liked the change up.

Personally, I prefer counselor as well, especially set to random because it forces me to work with what I have and change my play style up.

I like playing Jason but it's really frustrating to wiff matches repeatedly because the folks I tend to play with are all really good as counselors so either I'm being juked and beaten down or they're escaping despite my best efforts to trap things.

Only time I have really good rounds as Jason anymore is if I'm playing with pubbies.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I just now turned Jason on and I'm not playing him any more. I think it is a thing.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I think I'm at 6 or 7 escaped counselors now, the last was Terry when I tilted from a Burkening.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I think I'm at 6 or 7 escaped counselors now, the last was Terry when I tilted from a Burkening.

One day we're going to get a perfect storm of me as Bugsy against you as Jason and multiple people are going to get out

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've gone back to using Part 3 Jason sometimes after weeks of nothing but the non-running Jasons, and goddamn it's like when you do some practice swings with the donut on the baseball bat and then take it off. It feels like if a counselor comes into my field of vision their definitely dead, no such thing as getting away unless I get distracted by one of my traps going off elsewhere on the map.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I think the key to the non-running Jasons is fear. Knock out as many power boxes as you can, but obviously don't spend TOO long doing that or a good roll for the counselors could mean police, Tommy Jarvis and at least one of the cars could all be in play around the same time. Keep pressure on the counselors by just showing up to keep them poo poo-scared. You don't really even have to "do" anything to them, just having line of sight on you will drain their composure. Also break windows when they're in houses, etc.

What was the over-under on Jason's hearing again? I know Part 6 has great hearing and can see the "blips" from great distances, but I don't know if there's a better Jason for that. I just remember the first time playing Part 6 I was Shifting all over the camp finding groups of people from a long way off because I could pick up their noise from nearly half a map away.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

What was the over-under on Jason's hearing again? I know Part 6 has great hearing and can see the "blips" from great distances, but I don't know if there's a better Jason for that. I just remember the first time playing Part 6 I was Shifting all over the camp finding groups of people from a long way off because I could pick up their noise from nearly half a map away.

Part 7 Jason is the maphacking radar dish.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Part 7 Jason can see and hear everything

He just can't reach you, catch you, or kill you fast enough

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Burkion posted:

Part 7 Jason can see and hear everything

He just can't reach you, catch you, or kill you fast enough

Unless it's me. Jason 7 is my boy.

And yeah, part 6 Jason (the fence spear) is kinda deaf. Part 7 Jason (skeleton body and machete) is the one who can hear AJ squatting in the woods 2 miles away.

If you ping someone, hit stalk, morph to their general area, then do a shift-grab you can almost always get a free kill. 7 is slow, but goddamn is he by far the most dangerous because you absolutely can't hide from him.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

I think the key to the non-running Jasons is fear. Knock out as many power boxes as you can, but obviously don't spend TOO long doing that or a good roll for the counselors could mean police, Tommy Jarvis and at least one of the cars could all be in play around the same time. Keep pressure on the counselors by just showing up to keep them poo poo-scared. You don't really even have to "do" anything to them, just having line of sight on you will drain their composure. Also break windows when they're in houses, etc.

This is also helpful with running Jasons and you need to let people go for a little while so you can morph to objectives occasionally to make sure they're locked down, even if you don't hear any traps or failed QTEs. If you don't, there's a good chance someone will get out and it doesn't really matter if they're able to regroup and heal if they can't complete any objectives they need to escape.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had a recent game where one of the girls ran to my cabin and got the sweater.....and then immediately jumped right into the lake and began slooooowly making her way across it. Not the most effective use of the stun, she barely made it ten feet away by the time I was on her again.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jesus, I just watched Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell back-to-back. It hurt. I hadn't seen Goes to Hell in almost 24 years. I can't believe how bad it is. 14-year-old me thought it was awesome because, apparently, I was severely mentally compromised. The only way it makes any sense at all (and the only way I could reconcile it in my brain) is if you assume it's a lovely TV-movie within the Friday the 13th universe.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Friday the 13th is my favorite franchise by far, but Jason Goes to Hell is the worst film in all the major slasher franchises.

Yes, I'm counting the Halloween with Paul Rudd, the hilariously gay Nightmare on Elm Street, and the Texas Chainsaw with Matthew McConaughey and Renee zerbergerber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Gay NoES is one of the best :confused:

• Locked thread