Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Was thinking about this last night in the late hours…. With the ratings on the decline AGAIN, and attendance in the toilet… WBD have to be furious with Tony spending so much money on Okada and Botcha. PPV is the only thing keeping AEW going at the moment it seems. It’ll be interesting to see where it ends up after their current contract expires in April

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Was thinking about this last night in the late hours…. With the ratings on the decline AGAIN, and attendance in the toilet… WBD have to be furious with Tony spending so much money on Okada and Botcha. PPV is the only thing keeping AEW going at the moment it seems. It’ll be interesting to see where it ends up after their current contract expires in April

PPV will be on Honor Club. As will AEW TV in general.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

Lol Okada isn't worth anywhere close to what he's being paid, but good on him for getting that bag I guess.

Wrestlers are incredibly underpaid for what they put their bodies through and should be paid more. Okada's payrate if accurate should be baseline for main event players.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aew is time buy

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Why would WBD care what TK spends his money on? Unless they have a stake in the company, which has been denied AFAIK.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

If WBD really had a stake in AEW they would have shut it down by now for the tax writeoff.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Tony getting angry phone calls from everyone on this page https://wbd.com/leadership/ , all of them furious at how Okada is being booked and asking what happened to Ricky Starks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tiny ducking Zaslav's DMs 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Khan family is paying Christian Kirk 72 million dollars but Okada getting 4.6 million a year is too much? What?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

everyone in here trying their worst material. keep it up!!!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

The Khan family is paying Christian Kirk 72 million dollars but Okada getting 4.6 million a year is too much? What?

According to Dave he isn't even getting paid that much.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i watched revolution and missed the first 40 minutes of aew dynamite and everyone said it was absolute hog poo poo for that period of time. it's possible that i was recently blessed to watch only genuinely good aew. so i want to say i will never watch the minor shows ever again more than likely. maybe catch some matches here or there after the fact but let's all agree that we're going to get aew collision and rampage removed from air by providing zero support. that's the price they have to pay for etc. evil billionaire

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

All Ew

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

According to Dave he isn't even getting paid that much.

Only a rube would think he was being paid loving 4+ million a year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

Only a rube would think he was being paid loving 4+ million a year.

THAT'S NOT EVEN THAT MUCH!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yeah, the league minimum for NBA players is 1 million bucks. The only thing noteworthy about the salary is how underpaid wrestlers are, they should all be sharing their salary numbers with each other

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

blunt posted:

If WBD really had a stake in AEW they would have shut it down by now for the tax writeoff.

poo poo this is the realest post yet lol. You aint lying. I'm more worried about WB going out of business than AEW at this point

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

blunt posted:

They fired CM Punk, Sting, and Kevin Kelly just so they could keep the lights on.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yeah 4.5 mil is like... an average cap hit for a good not great NHL player. It wouldn't be a ridiculous salary for ol' skipper

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

neoaxd posted:

yeah 4.5 mil is like... an average cap hit for a good not great NHL player. It wouldn't be a ridiculous salary for ol' skipper

Me when I look at Kazuchika Okada: "This man is not worth as much as Michael Bunting."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

based on revenue compared to an individual nhl team aew needs to give everyone 5x to 25x what they're making. in comparison wwe needs to give everyone 20x to 60x what they're making and ufc needs to give everyone 150x to 1250x. again this is not based on actual value but 'what the nhl does'. i did a lot of research for this and i need 10000000x money from you right now

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i need 10000000x money from you right now

send me a pm

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

made that stuff up and you have to give me the money still

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
okada will become chairman

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

based on revenue compared to an individual nhl team aew needs to give everyone 5x to 25x what they're making. in comparison wwe needs to give everyone 20x to 60x what they're making and ufc needs to give everyone 150x to 1250x. again this is not based on actual value but 'what the nhl does'. i did a lot of research for this and i need 10000000x money from you right now

Don't listen, he's just going to use it to buy one PS5 and one game.

But yes, I think NHL and WWE's media rights are vaguely comparable and the top paid guys in the NHL make in the 15-16 mil a year range, I think?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

Don't listen, he's just going to use it to buy one PS5 and one game.

But yes, I think NHL and WWE's media rights are vaguely comparable and the top paid guys in the NHL make in the 15-16 mil a year range, I think?

Matthews, MacKinnon and McDavid are the top three and they all make like 12-13 mil. But that's the average cap hit, there might be years around 15-16, I haven't look at their contracts that closely.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

neoaxd posted:

Matthews, MacKinnon and McDavid are the top three and they all make like 12-13 mil. But that's the average cap hit, there might be years around 15-16, I haven't look at their contracts that closely.

Yeah, MacKinnon's cap hit is 12, but it looks like his yearly cash is actually 16.5.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I think they should give wrestlers lots of money

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

"back to the fed" has ran it's course so we're officially firmly back in "aew is dead" territory. time is a flat circle.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

me, as well

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

they could give out a million dollars every week to a fan watching at home

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That DICK! posted:

IT'S AAAAALLLLLLL

ABOUT

THE MONAYYYYY

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if aew doesn’t get 900k for big business they’re as good as dead

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if aew doesn’t get 900k for big business they’re as good as dead

Just heard from my good friend David Zaslav and he told me this as well.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If what I’m hearing from my friends at WBD are true, poor Tony 😔

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's been a bad run

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Me when I look at Kazuchika Okada: "This man is not worth as much as Michael Bunting."

lmfao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

now were on to something.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

What is Okada's WAR value and how does it compare to Bunting though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

rich corpos should pay everyone under them more. CEOs should make less.