Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DustinGiebel/status/1100752107907489792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lomarf just in case u read the goon bathroom saga with him chopping out the support beams under the tub etc and wondered how things panned out

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819901&perpage=40&pagenumber=168#post492921243

:eyepop:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

she's super-cool :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

looooooool

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wtf is going on wiht the lighting in those bathroom pics. did that goon run the images through some stupid app filter or something?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

wtf is going on wiht the lighting in those bathroom pics. did that goon run the images through some stupid app filter or something?

that is a pretty huge bathtub and shower -- i would love that bathroom

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

open lightroom -> all sliders to the right

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

not hard to imagjne beatmasterj also going buck wild on the clarity and hdr sliders

there’s basically no shadows anywhere

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

President Beep posted:

he used hdr, they talk about it in the thread lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

pretty much e:f,b

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus that clock with the yuge 10 and 5.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

jesus WEP posted:

pro strat: sliders to the right, save and reopen, sliders to the right again. :getin:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the thought of someone editing their bathroom snapshots in lightroom for posting them on the somethingawful.com forums makes me lol for some reason.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

the thought of someone editing their bathroom snapshots in lightroom for posting them on the somethingawful.com forums makes me lol for some reason.
edit yourself out of your mirror!!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1100745973465264128

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Knee Deep in the Joists

⭐️

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Uptime Sinclair posted:

the first big corncobbing was that he copped to cutting the tops off the engineered wood i-beams that were the floor joists, removing most of their support by sheer physics alone, but refused to acknowledge this was a huge fuckup that could have been prevented by an engineer with a gun

also hired some shady contractor to 'fix' it improperly

my fave too

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:cawg:

i want to believe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

graph posted:

also hired some shady contractor to 'fix' it improperly
oh yeah that’s right

“don’t worry guys I fixed it”
did you have the entire beam replaced
“no i got a guy and he says it’s good now, just sistered some stuff on it i guess”
no

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Uptime Sinclair posted:

oh yeah that’s right

“don’t worry guys I fixed it”
did you have the entire beam replaced
“no i got a guy and he says it’s good now, just sistered some stuff on it i guess”
no

yeah i recall he brought a couple guys in and they were :stonklol: and one of his last posts were alluding to some shady patchup job

his house will never ever pass inspection

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i had some joist fun of my own recently, we had a leak from the bath waste that stayed undetected for years and it left a joist under the tub so rotten the builder was able to push a screwdriver clean through it with barely any effort

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

graph posted:

yeah i recall he brought a couple guys in and they were :stonklol: and one of his last posts were alluding to some shady patchup job

if he was able to cover his fuckery up then no one will probably ever know

e: until the floor collapses, that is.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

i had some joist fun of my own recently, we had a leak from the bath waste that stayed undetected for years and it left a joist under the tub so rotten the builder was able to push a screwdriver clean through it with barely any effort
bad case of moist joist imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

if he was able to cover his fuckery up then no one will probably ever know

e: until the floor collapses, that is.
in many jurisdictions this is a fun way to figure out what the absolute statute of limitations for concealed patent defects is

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

in many jurisdictions this is a fun way to figure out what the absolute statute of limitations for concealed patent defects is

i've seen poo poo like that play out here before. oftentimes the offending party just tries to drag out litigation until the aggrieved runs out of money and goes away. builders can be very scummy.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

i've seen poo poo like that play out here before. oftentimes the offending party just tries to drag out litigation until the aggrieved runs out of money and goes away. builders can be very scummy.
right out of the presidential playbook

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

it's super effective!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i read back through his posts and my favourite was him condescendingly explaining how he needed a sunken tub and the laws of physics mean actually you need to remove some of the ground to make that happen*

*ignoring the extremely common method of just making the surrounding floor higher with a step or whatever

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

graph posted:

it's super effective!

:911:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the trump administration has done untold damage to millions of people, but on the other hand ive got some big lols out of trump jr being literally the stupidest man on the planet, so it all evens out

Graff
May 10, 2012

test

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hello graff long time no see

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

so many jirafs

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

graph posted:

laffo

Graff
May 10, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

hello graff long time no see

hi

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:redass:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

code:
test passed

Graff
May 10, 2012

bump_fn posted:

code:
test passed

:tipshat:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fart simpson posted:

that bathroom is incredible and even funnier if you know the backstory. lol