Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Holy poo poo that's awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Well, the software just batches videos so it's not worth posting a screenshot of, but a couple weeks ago I started working on video analysis to 'fake' a moving camera from a stationary one.

results:
http://i.imgur.com/6aeCShI.gif
(caution, 7mb gif)

The gif conversion made it sort of jumpy, it's actually nice and smooth. The next step is the analyze and fake arched movement so you get more of a fake human error\prediction curve. At this point I can do general height\distance output(for comparison, not accuracy).

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Knyteguy posted:

Quick update:

I'm not a big fan of the console alias:console:emulator relations in the advanced settings. It's meant to cover use scenarios where one user will have a folder with roms named PS1, and another will have Playstation 1, and another will have PSX, but I may try to come up with a better way to do that.

After clicking the create Steam shortcuts button, it allows Roms to be launched directly from Steam:

Now the concept came from a Python software I found on Github, but I ported it to C#/WPF because I don't know Python and it wasn't user friendly at all.

The main benefit of this is not just for pretty pictures; it allows roms to be streamed via Limelight (http://limelight-stream.com/)/Nvidia Gamestream/etc . This allows budget friendly nostalgia gaming for the whole family in the living room with a bluetooth controller or two. This is a feature the Python software does not do very well at all (or just Big Picture in general), so that was kind of my main motivation.

The UI is a work in progress also.

edit: vv Thanks if you mean my project.

Any particular reason you don't link to the Python code you referenced? Just curious as you refer to it as 'the Python software'. I'd definitely like to check the code out.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

bobua posted:

Well, the software just batches videos so it's not worth posting a screenshot of, but a couple weeks ago I started working on video analysis to 'fake' a moving camera from a stationary one.

results:
http://i.imgur.com/6aeCShI.gif
(caution, 7mb gif)

The gif conversion made it sort of jumpy, it's actually nice and smooth. The next step is the analyze and fake arched movement so you get more of a fake human error\prediction curve. At this point I can do general height\distance output(for comparison, not accuracy).

OpenCV?

But yeah, it tracks him nicely, should work well if you fit it to a fitted curve maybe with some delayed "reaction"

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

OpenCV?

But yeah, it tracks him nicely, should work well if you fit it to a fitted curve maybe with some delayed "reaction"

Yeah.

Getting it it done isn't all that hard but doing it fast is tough, especially since there tends to be so many moving objects in these shots. I basically have to scan the images, find the largest moving objects, go back through and remove outliers, go back through and get the start frame, direction of movement, highest frame, lowest frame after high frame, the plot the movement between those frames. Trying to just track the moving object produces some decent results most of the time but guarantees complete trash 10% of the time.

Right now I still have an issue with the start frames Y axis every once in a while, but I'm thinking that's because in some cases the first X amount of frames don't contain the object I'm looking for.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yeah the backtracking is a killer. I try to wrap it up to cache repeated functions, pre-sort & such, but even so it takes very little to suddently jump the complexity & used time.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
MPEG video decoding using shaders. My first D3D11 app, lol.

(Bitstream parse on the CPU, IDCT in a compute shader, rest in pixel shaders)

http://i.imgur.com/E7mBIJj.jpg

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Nice! This prodromal schizophrenic guy I met in a cafe challenged me to compute pi using OpenGL, but I can't use compute shaders because the laptop we agreed I could use doesn't support them :-(

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Good for him I guess

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

TJChap2840 posted:

Any particular reason you don't link to the Python code you referenced? Just curious as you refer to it as 'the Python software'. I'd definitely like to check the code out.

Sure. There was no reason, no:
https://github.com/scottrice/Ice

I was incorrect saying that his implementation won't work in big picture (It looks like it will). What it won't do is work over streaming which was what I wanted.

And here's my C# implementation (WIP):
https://github.com/Noppadet/Emulation-Manager

Valtis
Sep 21, 2009
My script language is now sufficiently expressive that I can implement quicksort with it:

Functions are also now first-class citizens:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I wanted to make some triangle'd up images for my portfolio site but I didn't want to spend time working in Hexels or something, so I rolled my own little app.

20 hours of programming to save 2 hours of other work. ~An Engineering Solution~

It's up here if you want to play with it. I still have to clean up the code, optimize (its still pretty slow). When I have another stretch of free time I'll try to get it to make voronoi cells, too.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
^^^ Thats really cool!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Thank you!

I actually started and knocked out most of another project yesterday. I thought it was going to be way harder than it was, but they were pretty much all well-documented solved problems.

It's a little program that sits in your system tray and listens for PrintScreen presses (or double-clicks to its icon). It then lets you grab a partial screenshot with a selection rectangle, and immediately uploads it to imgur. In it's config you can set how you want it to mark the link up, so I can paste garbage screenshots in threads all day long with one keypress. It'll also ghetto-tweet (I'll probably actually work with the twitter API...later...) if you want it to.

but look it's pretty fun!

once I get back from dinner I'll commit everything to git and post some download links

e: up here if anyone wants to take a look. I'll probably finish up this weekend.

Pentecoastal Elites fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 1, 2015

Sticky Profits
Aug 12, 2011
Not so much a screenshot as a working thing. Have been following an ML course and doing some React stuff lately and so built this:

http://whatshouldicost.com

Basically you connect your Github account and based on the languages you use and your length of experience, it'll give you a guesstimate of what your annual salary should be using data derived from the StackOverflow Dev Survey.

Would be interesting to hear how accurate it is!

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Sticky Profits posted:

Not so much a screenshot as a working thing. Have been following an ML course and doing some React stuff lately and so built this:

Basically you connect your Github account and based on the languages you use and your length of experience, it'll give you a guesstimate of what your annual salary should be using data derived from the StackOverflow Dev Survey.

Interesting!

Sadly it recommended I make 2.3x my current pay. Which is about right judging on what I've seen my friends get in the same areas. Luckily I finished my current job today..! :toot:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Sticky Profits posted:

Why do you need my email in the form? There's certificate errors when I try to go to the https site. Also,

Is that a bug? Or am I :thejoke:

Sticky Profits
Aug 12, 2011

Drastic Actions posted:

Why do you need my email in the form? There's certificate errors when I try to go to the https site. Also,

I'm thinking about doing something a little bigger with it, making it an app to help with the recruitment process so the email is there so I can possibly alert people in the future. I'm working on it as a side project at my company which is trying to deal with eliminating recruiter spam so I should probably make it optional.

quote:

Is that a bug? Or am I :thejoke:

Ha it was initially a problem with the NumberFormat component not showing enough precision but I left it in there because I thought it was pretty funny.

Sticky Profits fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 1, 2015

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Sticky Profits posted:

Seems pretty accurate:

Apparently my experience in null is worth 4x more than I actually make though. :smith:

Sedro
Dec 31, 2008

SupSuper posted:

Seems pretty accurate:

Apparently my experience in null is worth 4x more than I actually make though. :smith:

You make 1/4 of a billion dollars?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Sticky Profits posted:

It's VERY accurate, which is interesting considering I live in Chile.

If I put the USA as my country, it shows 4x my salary. :negative:

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Sticky Profits posted:

Seems quite accurate, though it thinks I should make less than I actually do. :smith:

gmq posted:

If I put the USA as my country, it shows 4x my salary. :negative:

Same here :) :(

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

netcat posted:

Seems quite accurate, though it thinks I should make less than I actually do. :smith:

Same here :) :(

Yeah, it's not a fan of my github account. Which is not too surprising considering that most of my work has been proprietary and most of my github stuff is test-free toy apps.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Interesting. Why can only pick New York, Silicon Valley, or Other as a US city?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

A data visualization tool for War in the Pacific; it reads in the data from the game logs and exports and generates this map.

https://secure.baloogancampaign.com:8081/OperationGlacier/Map?side=Allies&date=411207

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Factor Mystic posted:

Interesting. Why can only pick New York, Silicon Valley, or Other as a US city?

All(?) of the data it uses is from a StackOverflow survey; I assume there was just a lot more info available for those two cities than anywhere else.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, it's not a fan of my github account. Which is not too surprising considering that most of my work has been proprietary and most of my github stuff is test-free toy apps.

I wonder if startups would use it to figure out how much to pay foreign remote workers.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gmq posted:

I wonder if startups would use it to figure out how much to pay foreign remote workers.

The estimate I got was pretty much exactly the legal minimum wage for full time unskilled labor in Denmark. But then my github doesn't have a lot of public activity.

Cryolite
Oct 2, 2006
sodium aluminum fluoride

Darn, it gives me 60% of what I actually make. I need more stuff on GitHub.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Sticky Profits posted:

I put in a bunch of "real" languages, including PHP and C#, as well as several hobby languages I use (Monkey, Blitzmax, some others) and it gave me $X. Out of curiosity, I took out all the "real" languages, and just left in the hobby languages, and $X actually went up by 10%. I am guessing it falls back on some sort of overall average if you enter nonsense data, like languages that probably did not show up in the survey.

AQB
Feb 3, 2015

Working on a standalone podcast manager for ChromeOS (though it works on Windows/OSX/Linux too). Would be nice if different feed providers could stick to a standard format...

AQB fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 4, 2015

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Sticky Profits posted:

Location, location, location? I chose Other and it was nearly spot on but it's such a dramatic drop compared to Silicon Valley so I'm not sure if it is accurate. I'm in San Diego so shouldn't west coast Californian metropolitan area count for something or would Silicon Valley be the better option.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

crazysim posted:

Location, location, location? I chose Other and it was nearly spot on but it's such a dramatic drop compared to Silicon Valley so I'm not sure if it is accurate. I'm in San Diego so shouldn't west coast Californian metropolitan area count for something or would Silicon Valley be the better option.

Also all the other Silicon ____'s out there have wages much more like Valley and less like bum gently caress Arkansas.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
It said I was overpaid by about $18,000 but there also isn't a Seattle option on the ticker. :hawksin:

If it's any consolation, it would have been spot-on for my old job in Kentucky.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

glompix posted:

It said I was overpaid by about $18,000 but there also isn't a Seattle option on the ticker. :hawksin:

If it's any consolation, it would have been spot-on for my old job in Kentucky.

I am sad,

You can see the glass Ceiling from where i am - because i am squished against it....

My current salary is less than half what WSIC says i am worth...

http://www.whatshouldicost.com/#/share/554af8b19bcb370f007ad86f

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Sticky Profits posted:

This is cool, but I wish you'd expose your algorithm to manual entry. I'm assuming you're just pulling a handful of data from the Github, like language used and such? (I don't have a Github - Bitbucket supremacy! and all that)

EDIT: I'm using git, of course. Because no Good Person would ever use Mercurial. :stare: (I use Bitbucket because they were the only one offering free private repos for ages)

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 8, 2015

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Shalinor posted:

This is cool, but I wish you'd expose your algorithm to manual entry. I'm assuming you're just pulling a handful of data from the Github, like language used and such? (I don't have a Github - Bitbucket supremacy! and all that)
Woo! Bitbucket!

Wait... are you using Git on Bitbucket? Or Mercurial, like a Good Person?

I jest; no intention to start a holy war here, I'm just thrilled when I find other people using Bitbucket by choice. Doubly so if they're using Mercurial too. To anyone about to continue this thread with a counterpost: no, I don't really care which DVCS and centralized (hah!) social hosting service you use...

AntiPseudonym
Apr 1, 2007
I EAT BABIES

:dukedog:
I use SVN because it's worked for me so far in the past and I'm too old and lazy to bother changing.

But now I don't know how much I should cost. :(

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

AntiPseudonym posted:

I use SVN because it's worked for me so far in the past and I'm too old and lazy to bother changing.

What I terrible mentality to have...

The things that you can do with git make you so much more capable as a developer. You really should spend the 30 minutes or whatever that it takes to learn the basics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat
I realized I hadn't written a neural network in a while, so I whipped up a multi-layer system. Here are three NNs, each with five layers containing 1, 10, 10, 10, and 1 nodes, trying to learn sin(x). The red one's activation function is the logit/sigmoid function. Green in softplus. Blue is tanh.