Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

UFOTacoMan posted:

it's a good thing covid is over

everything's all good, it's like they always used to say back in immunology school, "the 14th infection does the trick"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Spoondick posted:

merry sepsis day, to those who celebrate

finally

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

emfive posted:

no.

I puree a 28oz can of good tomatoes with a clove of garlic, some fresh basil, and maybe one or two other things but usually not, and then (this is the special equipment part) strain that through a normal sieve into a bowl, and then transfer the strained stuff into a fine-mesh "china cap" sieve (sorry for the racist terminology but that's what they're called) placed over another pan or bowl. That sits for like an hour or more with frequent stirring to drain the liquid out. The end result is almost like tomato paste, but it's still uncooked tomato. That goes on the pizza. The liquid runoff is extremely useful also for pre-cooking mushrooms and (weirdly, I guess) eggplant chunks to top the pizza, with a little added salt. That way the mushrooms are kind-of cooked but also still moist, and they end up way better on the pizza (in my opinion) than raw mushroom slices because they've soaked up a lot of flavor from the tomato liquid.

:hmmyes:

If I'm feeling saucy (:haw:) I like to try to make mine own sauce but yeah that's a weekend only thing for now.

I did immersion blend some beans into our spaghetti sauce earlier this week. Sneaky dad strat.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

External Organs posted:

Actually it's a PERFECT online dating profile lmao

I made the perfect online dating profile and they left swipeded me. :sad:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Plinkey posted:

I think me and PFC are on the opposite ends being a landlord, I rent my Baltimore place out to a guy at cost because he's a brother of a goon, that's doing whatever they do at Hopkins

PFC brags about spending money and not doing any actual work himself

and cornering himself into Oracle, never wanted to expand from there

you hate to see it

I do MongoDB stuff now

Apr 7, 2003

that's right

Apr 7, 2003

Spoondick posted:

the cdc hosed the messaging on masking so hard hospital administrators are terrified of making staff or patients mask again so we're probably looking at lots of nosocomial infections and a hearty mass casualty event over the next few months

lol they didn't gently caress it up, they did exactly what they wanted to do

People trying to avoid Covid meant that profit accumulated to the top 1.328% more slowly, so they flooded the zone with poo poo until people gave up caring because "everyone needs to get this so we can get past it" or "it's just a cold" or "it only kills vulnerable people" or "what are you, a sissy bitch pussy"

No public health or safety concerns of any sort will ever be permitted to get in the way of the accumulation of capital ever again

Apr 7, 2003

In Pennsylvania restaurant dining rooms were closed April - August 2020 and people are still shrieking, today, about how they were locked inside for three years straight. Nothing will ever be done again in the name of public health

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

In Pennsylvania restaurant dining rooms were closed April - August 2020 and people are still shrieking, today, about how they were locked inside for three years straight. Nothing will ever be done again in the name of public health

they were closed that long? lol owned

Apr 7, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

they were closed that long? lol owned

everything else was open though. lol. Building trades, realtors, etc were shut down April to May or June, when they reopened with pandemic control measures in place. Business tyrants are to this day still screeching about how those handful of months ruined everything forever.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Seems there are a lot of awful Pennsylvania goons here…………………….

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

They won’t shut up about Pennsylvania

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Getting new covid boosters is super simple now that no one cares about it anymore...

Apr 7, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Getting new covid boosters is super simple now that no one cares about it anymore...

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-scale-down-manufacturing-covid-vaccine-2023-09-13/

quote:

"Over the past couple of years, we've been in pandemic mode producing a billion doses a year," Hoge said. "We've been waiting for the moment when the pandemic was officially behind us that we would need to restructure that manufacturing footprint."

It's extremely over so they're not gonna make much anymore lmao

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

2DCAT posted:

They’re probably not given out free anyways

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

everything else was open though. lol. Building trades, realtors, etc were shut down April to May or June, when they reopened with pandemic control measures in place. Business tyrants are to this day still screeching about how those handful of months ruined everything forever.

While they received a free PPP loan that was worth far more than whatever operating expenses while closed.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tep.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

I thought you all just ate at Sheetz and WaWa

Apr 7, 2003

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

While they received a free PPP loan that was worth far more than whatever operating expenses while closed.

The person who owned this house before me is a realtor who straight up got a $31K check for her single-employee business during that time period. I keep getting junk mail for the fake LLC she created and went and looked it up on the PPP site.

These people got free money thrown at them hand over fist and they're still complaining because they had to wear a mask for two months three years ago

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a.lo posted:

They won’t shut up about Pennsylvania

go birds

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The person who owned this house before me is a realtor who straight up got a $31K check for her single-employee business during that time period. I keep getting junk mail for the fake LLC she created and went and looked it up on the PPP site.

These people got free money thrown at them hand over fist and they're still complaining because they had to wear a mask for two months three years ago

Vonnegut called this "learning to drink from the money river"

when you have enough money you get into the club

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

one small trick to instantly get 10 yrs of food stamp benefits

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

I was back teaching in person by the end of May 2020. I'm still a little too superstitious to talk about covid but the two aides in the room I'm working in are talking about how bad their recent covid infections were. That was last week! I'm only here because someone else is out sick.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

there's a boardgame convention in nov im supposed to be going to and lmoa last year i got covid doing it so def thinking of not doing that

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1701950983289421949

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

emfive posted:

no.

I puree a 28oz can of good tomatoes with a clove of garlic, some fresh basil, and maybe one or two other things but usually not, and then (this is the special equipment part) strain that through a normal sieve into a bowl, and then transfer the strained stuff into a fine-mesh "china cap" sieve (sorry for the racist terminology but that's what they're called) placed over another pan or bowl. That sits for like an hour or more with frequent stirring to drain the liquid out. The end result is almost like tomato paste, but it's still uncooked tomato. That goes on the pizza. The liquid runoff is extremely useful also for pre-cooking mushrooms and (weirdly, I guess) eggplant chunks to top the pizza, with a little added salt. That way the mushrooms are kind-of cooked but also still moist, and they end up way better on the pizza (in my opinion) than raw mushroom slices because they've soaked up a lot of flavor from the tomato liquid.

At one kitchen I worked in, I disliked the phrase "china cap" so I started calling it a "witch hat" and that caught on instantly

Apr 7, 2003

the entire purpose of that program was fraud and the few people who have gotten in trouble for it got in trouble for the same reason Jimmy threw that couple in the dumpster in Goodfellas lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

a good and funny opportunity to remind everyone that the Red Power Ranger is probably gonna go to prison for PPP fraud

https://deadline.com/2022/05/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-star-austin-st-john-arrested-fraud-1235029478/

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

it's p wild to punch in zip codes you're familiar with and how many individuals reporting 1 job got 10-40k for free.

conservative bar owners near me got $121k

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

:hmmyes:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

kaleedity posted:

it's p wild to punch in zip codes you're familiar with and how many individuals reporting 1 job got 10-40k for free.

conservative bar owners near me got $121k

Especially when you live in a state like TN that didn't close anything even for a single day or enforce any sort of lockdown whatsoever.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Top swingy, bad form. Also there's a good chance a lot of those things were improperly installed. And the floor mats are probably harboring ringworm. 4/10, points for playing tarzan i guess

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I did a lot of taxes for realtors last year who used their PPP loans to buy real estate to hold for investment. those beautiful patriots helped save the economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Athens is cool.

Actually it's hot as gently caress we can't check into our place so we've been walking around and I'm in a sweatshirt and jeans

Fuc
Why did you wear a sweatshirt and jeans to Greece in the fall? Owned