Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Insert every Barbra Streisand poster here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

and then there's my mom, who was like, "sure, single-digit-aged wren, sit down on the couch and watch HBO with me---oh come on, there's no reason to get upset, you know it's just a movie, it's all fake, that guy didn't really get his head chopped off"

or, more traditionally,

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
My mom got me into Kids In The Hall and Raising Arizona. YMMV

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

well, this looks terrible

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wow that logo is pretty shameless

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Every aspect of that poster is awkward.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

To be fair, it's exactly the kind of poster a title like The Unhealer deserves.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Unhealer gets more hilarious as a title the more you think about it and so does the poster.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It sounds like something a kid came up with about an evil doctor.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

totally rippin off classic canadian film, Things

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It sounds like something a kid came up with about an evil doctor.

an apple a day...

...doesn't keep him away!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Seems like a good excuse to post the LORE from a haunted house I worked at before the webpage goes down

quote:

Story

Dr. Scary didn’t start out evil, or as a monster, or even as being scary. In fact, he would avoid anything that was scary out of fear and the horror of it all.

Steven Cary was a curious kid. He looked forward to each Christmas and birthday for the chemistry set or laboratory equipment he would get. Nothing scary, nothing to fear, no gore or horror, just more of what he needed to continue his experiments. Steven’s experiments never involved any horror or gore, nothing evil and wouldn’t scare anyone. Steven was going to invent the perpetual motion machine!

10th grade biology was scary for Steven. He thought cutting animals was evil and didn’t like the gore and horror of it all. He didn’t like how his friends in class would do evil things, enjoy the horror and gore and always try to scare him. As time went on, he was no longer scared and no longer thought it was evil; he became fascinated.

Young Mr. Cary now had a new direction in his life. He was going to be the scientist that found the cures for scary illnesses, horrible diseases and other evils that ailed mankind. He was thinking about medical school!

Medical school went by quickly for Mr. Cary. Bloody but not scary, messy but not gory. He could always be found in the lab working with blood and tissue samples. He was growing more immune to the blood and gore. He assisted in the morgue whenever he could. While others found it scary, he found it interesting. Working with dead people was better than his side job, taking care of lab animals at a nearby research facility. Nobody there could imagine the evil that was to come.

Now Dr. Steven Cary wanted nothing more than to be a doctor after his internship. His name tag now read Dr. S. Cary. He wanted to find the cures for the evils in the world. He was tired of seeing how scary things were for people suffering. Being a doctor wasn’t doing it for him.

Next, Dr. S. Cary landed a job at a high-tech experimental research facility. To some, the job sounded scary and without purpose, but not to him. To him, it was fulfilling his mission to cure the evils of the world. Blood and gore were a way of life at the lab. The horror of some of the experimentation was overlooked. He was haunted by the idea that people were suffering because he hadn’t found the cure yet. Close friends started calling him Dr. Scary instead of Dr. S. Cary because of how calmly he dealt with the experimentation.

Work was still limiting, so Dr. Scary set up a lab at his house. He helped out at the local morgue. It was scary how much ended up at his lab from the morgue. A visitor would have thought they were in a haunted house! Evil things were starting to happen.

Dr. Scary was finding that experimenting on lab animals had limits. Even the morgue parts had limited use. Dr. Scary needed real specimens for testing to continue his research. Dr. Scary would mislead friends about having special cures for them to test his formulas. Desperate times lead to self-experimentation.

Side effects were affecting Dr. Scary’s haunting appearance and scary behavior. He was becoming more and more withdrawn from people. Evil scary things were happening in his house. Too many people were growing suspicious, talking, asking questions.

To avoid exposure Dr. Scary set up his own laboratory. An old abandoned asylum, complete with a morgue, near a graveyard. As before, with his house parts of it looked more like a haunted house than a laboratory. He became even more withdrawn, disfigured, haunting.

Yeah it just kind of cuts off like that.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I love it. Give me a Dr. Scary movie. Provided everyone talks like the way that's written for the whole thing.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I legitimately thought this was some sort of official Stranger Things spinoff. Also goddamn these people have been airbrushed so much they barely have a face left.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, I legitimately thought this was some sort of official Stranger Things spinoff. Also goddamn these people have been airbrushed so much they barely have a face left.

The airbrushing is how he unheals people.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Light Gun Man posted:

Seems like a good excuse to post the LORE from a haunted house I worked at before the webpage goes down

Yeah it just kind of cuts off like that.

My brain was rejecting that as I was reading it, holy poo poo. Do they know any other adjectives besides "evil", "scary", "haunted" and "scary haunted evil"?

Someone needs to do a straight movie trailer reading of that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

My brain was rejecting that as I was reading it, holy poo poo. Do they know any other adjectives besides "evil", "scary", "haunted" and "scary haunted evil"?

Someone needs to do a straight movie trailer reading of that.

friend of mine read it live in spooky narration voice on discord once,maybe I can get him to record it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently this is for a horror-thriller called Pig.

quote:

Pig sees Cage as a reclusive truffle hunter in Oregon whose prize hunting pig is kidnapped, forcing him to return to old stomping grounds in Portland and confront his past.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The old Portland pig-stomping grounds.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Basically the plot to John Wick but with a pig instead.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

uPen posted:

John Weeeeeeeeeee-ck

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Delicatessen prequel

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Make a haunted house for adults. Like, one room is a parent-teacher meeting where the teacher needs to discuss your sons new behaviour of eating staples, or another where you get a notice that your home has doubled in value, but then you also get a notice that your property taxes have now doubled as well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Splint Chesthair posted:

John Weeeeeeeeeee-ck

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Splint Chesthair posted:

John Weeeeeeeeeee-ck

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

uPen posted:

More like Ong Bak, but with a pig.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hog Bak

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vagabundo posted:

More like Ong Bak, but with a pig.

Depending on how it goes, it may be more Tom Yum Goong with a pig.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Razor Bak

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hexwren posted:

well, this looks terrible

Is this live action or animated?

EDIT:

quote:

A botched faith-healing leaves a bullied teenager with unusual powers.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Come on, man, Oink Bak was right there.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ong Bacon

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't know why I've seen this entire movie. But I have.

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Unhealer gets more hilarious as a title the more you think about it and so does the poster.

Reminds me of Unhide in Microsoft programs. Like when they were adding the function it was first called Reveal but someone went "nah, too theatrical."

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Lobok posted:

I don't know why I've seen this entire movie. But I have.

Probably because it was a pretty big (cheesy) movie at the time right?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BonoMan posted:

Probably because it was a pretty big (cheesy) movie at the time right?

No I saw it for the first time in the last few years. I just can't remember why. Someone (not my mom) subjected me to it.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

duz posted:

Ong Bacon

Ong Bak Bacon

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

WonkyBob posted:

Ong Bak Bacon