Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Speaking of DDT, who do I talk to about getting a DDT shirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I'm looking for Jun Akiyama vs. Kentaro Shiga 12/7/2002, either the match alone or the show it aired on. According to Cagematch it aired live on NTV so the whole thing should be out there, but I can only find a clipped version on Chinese YouTube. Neither IVPVideos or RudoReels seems to have the show. Any help? Ditch???

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Thauros posted:

This is actually being streamed live at http://taima.tv/r/puroresuondemand .

7 AM EDT/11 AM GMT, so I don't even have to wake up that crazy early. Being off Mondays is nice.
Noice, thanks. Totally watching this today.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
dark matches are over, Anytime Anywhere Battle Royal is starting now

HERE WE GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 21, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ken Ohka has somehow turned into the best possible Dean Ambrose since I've last seen him

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Joey Ryan just oiled up his dick

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Irie is a beautiful unicorn and I need to watch more of his matches again

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

Ken Ohka has somehow turned into the best possible Dean Ambrose since I've last seen him

My exposure to Ken Ohka is basically limited to that and the time he teamed with Harashima against Tana and Yohei, but yeah he owns.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

SSM > EEEEEEEEEEVERYONE

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/711911562131406848

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Dino summoned all the butts he conquered during his road to Bono but it wasn't enough. :(

Last two serious matches really delivered. Solid show all around.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 21, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

DDT announced that they're running Saitama Super Arena for next year's anniversary :stare:

Ballsy move, hope it works for them

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The announced attendance for the show was 6,938 and they were having the most seats ever at Ryogoku. Ouch.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I mean they sold out all the tickets they put on sale at least.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jake Soo posted:

The announced attendance for the show was 6,938 and they were having the most seats ever at Ryogoku. Ouch.

With a number that nice it is time to move up.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

MassRafTer posted:

With a number that nice it is time to move up.

They would still need 31 more fans for that.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

In case anyone else was wondering what was going on before the break.

dramaticDDT posted:

After the match Takagi and Ibushi shared an emotional moment in the ring. Takagi congratulated Ibushi for his return, called him crazy and said he can now do whatever he wants to do. He hopes the Ibushi Wrestling Institute will discover new and interesting ways to do pro wrestling. Ibushi thanked him and said he would like to come back to DDT in the future. He did some backflips for the fans and then left. But KENSO was still there and he wanted to talk to Takagi. He said he came to DDT to chase after Takagi but then discovered DDT is the best and their fans are the best. So he wants to join DDT! Takagi instantly refused and demanded his music to cut off KENSO’s mic. KENSO asked again and Takagi instantly refused again. KENSO asked one more time and this time Kasai stepped in to offer his opinion. Kasai thinks a psychopath like KENSO joining DDT wouldn’t be a bad idea. Takagi thought about it but said no and left the ring to his music while KENSO fainted.

Also looking forward to Hirata & Aja Kong's hot date

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

joe doering has a stage 3 brain cancer :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/715163808357093377

Nice to see them getting work in Japan

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I still can't believe that's happening. All Japan splitting twice in the last five years is beyond parody.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

How many other bookings in Japan do you think these two are going to take unannounced

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

draaaaaagon souuuuuuulllllllllllllllll

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ditch posted:

I still can't believe that's happening. All Japan splitting twice in the last five years is beyond parody.

yeah this seems like the last thing the industry needs right now but if Akebono and Mrs. Baba have do to it they may as well at least fly in talented people and get them some exposure to a new market.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

joe doering has a stage 3 brain cancer :(

Was this something he just found out?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hell yeah blaze it

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Bigass Moth posted:

Was this something he just found out?

yes, he was only recently announced for the Champion Carnival and looking at the blocks was probably going to win it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ditch posted:

Now I kind of want to see the Puro family tree and how many times it split off and then sometimes merged back on.

JWA splits into NJPW and AJPW

NJPW has UWF split off in the 80s, which eventually leads to RINGS, PWFG and UWFi, UWFi ending up back with NJPW. Then there are all of the fake splinter groups NJPW created in the 90s...

PWFG ended up leading to Pancrase which creates a lineage that would be impossible to follow from there.

AJPW has SWS split off it, then NOAH, then W1, now Akebono. NOAH ended up splitting itself and half of it ended up back in AJPW... with Go eventually back in NOAH and now NOAH is part of NJPW.

And there's more and more out there, I just don't want to put any actual effort into this.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
The first Tokyo Pro Wrestling also split off from the JWA and eventually became IWE, which then split its roster between AJPW and NJPW when it folded.

PWFG led to Battlarts too.

Hamada's UWF led to Michinoku Pro which led to Osaka Pro and probably a bunch of other regional groups, and then Toryumon and T2P and Dragon Gate.

And there's ZERO1 too.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 31, 2016

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

The first Tokyo Pro Wrestling also split off from the JWA and eventually became IWE, which then folded into AJPW.

PWFG led to Battlarts too.

Hamada's UWF led to Michinoku Pro which led to Osaka Pro and probably a bunch of other regional groups, and then Toryumon and T2P and Dragon Gate.

And there's ZERO1 too.

I thought MPro was created independently but got a kick start when Gran Hamada joined. Although I guess you could go UWF - ULL - MPro - Infinity.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Yeah I actually don't have a clue about the exact circumstances of MPro's formation, just that it was a lot of Hamada trainees and they pretty much picked up the lucharesu mantle where he left off.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
There's also Choshu's JPW that I think was briefly a real group before becoming a kayfabe vehicle for the Ishin Gundan vs. AJPW feud.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Spermgod posted:

Also can link Toryumon to WAR as their president came through there along with Mocchy.

Dragon System is such a mess considering how it has really only been three or four promotions with a lot of brands.

WAR/MPro/Toryumon Mexico led to Toryumon Japan. TJ had two brand offshoots (T2P/Toryumon X).

Then the Ultimo split occurs.

TJ became DG with a lot of the older wrestlers and the T2P/TX kids with Ultimo formed DragonDoor with LiveDoor money.

DD fails/LiveDoor goes belly up and El Dorado forms with the Aagan Issou guys that got fired from DG.

El Dorado somehow exists for a long time, fails and the even smaller Secret Base forms. SB still exists somehow, though its monthly at venues smaller than Shin Kiba last time I checked.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 31, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So happy for Alan4L:

https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/715475637687832579

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Good for him. Alan is one of the P4P nicest people.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

While it didn't last very long, wasn't Big Mouth LOUD essentially a NJPW splinter?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

While it didn't last very long, wasn't Big Mouth LOUD essentially a NJPW splinter?

I thought BML was just a Fujiwara vanity project?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
FMW to W*ING, TripleSix, Apache, and split into a whole buttload of other dumb stuff post-mortem. W*ing to IWA-J, WAR to BJW , Apache to FREEDOMS.

Do we count FMW as a UWF Newborn branch because Onita created it out of spite? :pseudo:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought BML was just a Fujiwara vanity project?

I wasn't following puro then, but I thought they used mostly NJPW guys and they had a NJPW style logo with a wolf instead of a lion. Also wasn't that Uwai guy behind it a former NJPW employee?

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 31, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

I wasn't following puro then, but I thought they used mostly NJPW guys and they had a NJPW style logo with a wolf instead of a lion. Also wasn't that Uwai guy behind it a former NJPW employee?

i want that t-shirt so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I wish someone would do a history of Japanese indie wrestling. So much interesting stuff there. The big two plus the UWF had a virtual monopoly on men's talent so guys like Onita and Hamada had to resort to a weird hodgepodge of karate guys, luchadors, women and guys who flunked out of the big two's dojo system like Ultimo Dragon and Tarzan Goto. Somehow out of that FMW was able to sell out domes with no TV for a couple of years.