Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

McNally posted:

An update on my ID card situation:

There is no news.

So I wrote an email to my casualty assistance officer.

The original draft said "shitshow" instead of ordeal.

My ID card was taken under the rationale that it became invalid when my wife died. Nope! Turns out it remains valid for 30 days to give me time to get a new one!

The supervisor at the loving office thinks survivor benefits expire when the deceased service member's ETS date rolls around. How loving stupid can you be?

And then they threatened to throw me out of the office for dropping an f-bomb in expression of incredulity when they told me that I don't get any benefits.

I should have told them to smdftb and left, then gone to a different base.

I don't remember, have you written to your congressman or anything? It shouldn't have to come to that but gently caress 'em, someone should suffer for this and it shouldn't be you.

e: or the American Legion or the DAV or the quilting society or some poo poo. Do you have an advocate that isn't actively in the military?

hogmartin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

hogmartin posted:

I don't remember, have you written to your congressman or anything? It shouldn't have to come to that but gently caress 'em, someone should suffer for this and it shouldn't be you.

e: or the American Legion or the DAV or the quilting society or some poo poo. Do you have an advocate that isn't actively in the military?

Meh. Effort.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yeah, but spite. They definitely deserve it.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

McNally posted:

Meh. Effort.

Well that's the point, you meet up with your (non-DoD) advocate, tell them the story, give them the papers, and then they do all the effort.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

Yeah, but spite. They definitely deserve it.

Well, that's certainly a good point.

Gonna be hard to complain about these people when I don't know their names, though.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Goddamn, my senator's email form doesn't allow for paragraph breaks. Hope their staff likes monolithic walls of text.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

McNally posted:

Meh. Effort.

Congressmen in military districts tend to have at least one staffer devoted to military stuff full time. It'll be easier than you think to walk in or make an appointment, explain your case, and wait for them to start pissing people off in a good way.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The Slithery D posted:

Congressmen in military districts tend to have at least one staffer devoted to military stuff full time. It'll be easier than you think to walk in or make an appointment, explain your case, and wait for them to start pissing people off in a good way.

If I don't hear anything from my CAO tomorrow I'll go to my congressman's office on Monday.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

McNally posted:

If I don't hear anything from my CAO tomorrow I'll go to my congressman's office on Monday.

Good plan, but they might be closed for MLK.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

The Slithery D posted:

Good plan, but they might be closed for MLK.

gently caress, Tuesday then.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Good luck man.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Soulex posted:

Good luck man.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Soulex posted:

Good luck man.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Soulex posted:

Good luck man.

mcnally i'm sorry you're going through this horrible hosed up situation, you seem like a good dude

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Soulex posted:

Good luck man.

"Bureaucrats deny military widow benefits" makes for a good headline if you decide to go down that road.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Well, I lit a fire under it. The Casualty Assistance Office sent people over to the ID office to ask WTF. Got a call from the CAO saying that they're now talking directly with HRC at Knox to get answers about why it's taking so long and the ID office called me to say that HRC isn't answering their calls (the ones they probably didn't make until they got a visit from CAO).

Still going to talk to my congressman and to IG, though. I'm going to metaphorically burn that office to the ground. You and I know that I got put on the backburner because I didn't accept their bullshit at face value. That office needs to be (again, metaphorically) destroyed and rebuilt so this poo poo doesn't happen to someone who doesn't know better.

McNally fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 15, 2016

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Quote is not edit.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

McNally posted:

Well, I lit a fire under it. The Casualty Assistance Office sent people over to the ID office to ask WTF. Got a call from the CAO saying that they're now talking directly with HRC at Knox to get answers about why it's taking so long and the ID office called me to say that HRC isn't answering their calls (the ones they probably didn't make until they got a visit from CAO).

Still going to talk to my congressman and to IG, though. I'm going to metaphorically burn that office to the ground. You and I know that I got put on the backburner because I didn't accept their bullshit at face value. That office needs to be (again, metaphorically) destroyed and rebuilt so this poo poo doesn't happen to someone who doesn't know better.

The UCMJ still has provision for confinement on bread and water :clint:

(Really I just want your poo poo to get sorted out so you get the benefits you're owed.)

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

hogmartin posted:

The UCMJ still has provision for confinement on bread and water :clint:

(Really I just want your poo poo to get sorted out so you get the benefits you're owed.)

Civilian employees probably can't be subject to that provision.

But if wishing made it so.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

McNally posted:

Good. In all seriousness, good.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

McNally posted:

gently caress. Yes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

McNally posted:

Well hell man, you ain't but a 4 hour drive north of me (you're outside of Meade, right?) so if you need a getaway driver after chucking some righteous hand grenades at the pricks, just lemme know :v:

Seriously though, I hope this poo poo all works out for you bro.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Burn it down dude

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Burn it to the loving ground. gently caress those people and I hope you get yours man.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally posted:

You're doing God's work man. Annihilate them.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McNally posted:

:killdozer:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

McNally posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

RIP

one guess as to what killed him

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

2016: The year of goddamned cancer.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

RIP

hes not dead yet thankfully

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zak Galifinakis?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Soulex posted:

Zak Galifinakis?

robert loving redford you poo poo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Redford isn't dead however

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/entertainment/dan-haggerty-grizzly-adams-dead-feat/

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
rip grizz:tbear:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

robert loving redford you poo poo

Don't recognize him with a beard

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Guy who lived next door to me growing up just died of cancer at 27. He was a real idiot grade a shitbird piece of poo poo human but no one deserves to go like that. He was good to his daughter and that's more than you can say about lots of people in south Mississippi.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's Dan Haggerty, who is dead. From cancer.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

RIP

The giant murderdog he's petting on there?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Guy I graduated with kept having nagging throat issues. Finally saw someone with their head not up their rear end, sent him straight to an oncologist and lol stage 4 throat cancer. He died like 6 weeks later after getting married in a rush. Was like 26 at the time? Anyways cancer can smdftb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My step mom had cancer and she is alive (thankfully) but she had an 18 hour surgery where they literally peeled her face back, put a metal plate in her head, removed the cancer thing and replaced it with stomach muscle. She also can't smell or taste anything anymore because it was either do that or die.