Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
The last time I played squad in discord had a guy who published the squad's ranking stats in the channel and then commented on how low some of the numbers were, then in game would get exasperated and criticize people's plays whenever someone died / we lost.

There's a lot of cool folks who are fun to play with on there but I'm starting to feel more and more selective when joining a group rather than just hopping in the first spot available. Game can be stressful enough as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Bhaal posted:

The last time I played squad in discord had a guy who published the squad's ranking stats in the channel and then commented on how low some of the numbers were, then in game would get exasperated and criticize people's plays whenever someone died / we lost.

There's a lot of cool folks who are fun to play with on there but I'm starting to feel more and more selective when joining a group rather than just hopping in the first spot available. Game can be stressful enough as it is

As soon as some goon sighs and bitches about something they never realize that they just lost the game for their team.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Dyz posted:

You sound like a joy to play with yourself

you sound like a smooth-cheek, buck toothed baby so I guess we're even. loving sitting in place when you aren't geared up because half of your team are being baby-back bitches gets boring as hell

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 6, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Skoll posted:

I play with goon friends without being in the tryhard kdr obsessed discord. We have fun even if the game doesn't go well and that's really all that matters to me tbh.

add me on steam, i'm Friend Computer

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Carebearz posted:

you sound like a smooth-cheek, buck toothed baby so I guess we're even. loving sitting in place when you aren't geared up because half of your team are being baby-back bitches gets boring as hell

haha streamer memes i love it

hell is other goons

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

haha streamer memes i love it

hell is other goons

pretty much

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CascadeBeta posted:

The real pro strat with grenades is to throw a stun/frag to mask you opening a door.

they can't hear you open the door if you've already used a shot gun to destroy the door

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

frank.club posted:

they can't hear you open the door if you've already used a shot gun to destroy the door

that's it, you just won the game

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm calling this WR to first kill
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyStrongAlfalfaStinkyCheese

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

frank.club posted:

I unironically do this because it's hilarious and people freak out

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Agoat posted:

I unironically do this because it's hilarious and people freak out

https://i.imgur.com/ZuZTqzz.gifv

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Bhaal posted:

Was it TheSpartacus?

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 9, 2017

Muppet Danny Brown
Sep 24, 2006

Smell like a penguin
Anybody up for duo/squads? Looking for people to play with, as the randos I get usually don't have mics. PM me your steam name and I'll add you. I'm on PST.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Sweet skull crush but what does WR mean in this context?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Sweet skull crush but what does WR mean in this context?
Fastest Time :coolfish:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

PlayerUnknown please fix your game so that I can climb up hills and win the game quicker ty much love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NsG9WNSvpk

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Has the lag been unbearably bad for anyone else today? I've only played two matches but in both of them I couldn't even get down from the roof of the building I landed on because every time I'd try to open the door and walk through I'd just rubber band back outside with the door closed again. The first time someone eventually came up and shot me, the second I just quit out of frustration.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Sitting at my desk, with only 10 minutes left in my lunch break I figured I'd queue into a squad game as a solo player just to ruin someone's day. Ended up being one of the most fun rounds ever, 2 kills at main power, 1 at the little sub station. Circle ended up landing on the Eastern bridge to Military base, so I worked down to the shore area and promptly got stuck in the geometry of the coast. Was able to mow down a car of two people trying to get to a boat before I exited game to get back to work.

GOTY.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Danyull posted:

Has the lag been unbearably bad for anyone else today? I've only played two matches but in both of them I couldn't even get down from the roof of the building I landed on because every time I'd try to open the door and walk through I'd just rubber band back outside with the door closed again. The first time someone eventually came up and shot me, the second I just quit out of frustration.

The rubberbanding has gotten worse as more people play the game, yeah.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I have goddawful rubberbanding to start almost every game but it goes away after about 15-20 seconds. Like, when I hit the ground and try to open a door it's like pulling nails, but it evens out like right after that.

Hasn't gotten me killed yet thankfully.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
fun thing to do every now and then that everyone else has figured out probably: wait until the plane dumps you and join the one or two other people punching the afk dudes and then eachother to death

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

I have goddawful rubberbanding to start almost every game but it goes away after about 15-20 seconds. Like, when I hit the ground and try to open a door it's like pulling nails, but it evens out like right after that.

Hasn't gotten me killed yet thankfully.

Me to, it makes a fun first 30 seconds trying to frantically pick up a gun but end up changing pants 5 times.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I watched grimz play a few games and was pumped to try a full aggro run. I landed on the roof of the school after three other guys and got beat to death with a crowbar in under 20 seconds.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Try Pochinki instead if you're not confident of coming out on top at the school, you've got a little more space to maneuver there. The school is a cage match, no matter how many people drop in there's likely only going to be one person coming out and most people are going to be dead within a minute of touching down.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Stan Taylor posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - I landed on the roof of the school after three other guys and got beat to death with a crowbar in under 20 seconds.

New thread title.

Also, I think the only ways I've yet to kill someone are with a vehicle and with a melee weapon other than fists. Gotta get to work on that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Stan Taylor posted:

I watched grimz play a few games and was pumped to try a full aggro run. I landed on the roof of the school after three other guys and got beat to death with a crowbar in under 20 seconds.

If you're not the first person to touch roof, BAIL BAIL BAIL. That applies to everywhere, not just the school.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Try Pochinki instead if you're not confident of coming out on top at the school, you've got a little more space to maneuver there. The school is a cage match, no matter how many people drop in there's likely only going to be one person coming out and most people are going to be dead within a minute of touching down.

The best advice I've discovered for surviving the School are 1. You can easily survive jumping off the roof if it doesn't look you're going to get a gun, and people will usually be more concerned about the closer enemies to chase you 2. Nobody ever goes to the pool house first, and you're guaranteed at least one gun there.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Want to thank whichever goon recommended the hospital as a drop point. I'm come out of it fully kitted each time and the only other people I've run into there have been horrible at the game and rolled over

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Another good loot but lower traffic area is Lipovka. The plane rarely flies right over it so you have to fly a bit further to get there, but there is almost always at least 1 vehicle either inside the town or on the road right outside.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Will a thrown grenade break a window?
Sometimes I see people camping in a house and making them explode is much more fun than shooting the top of their heads.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

Sometimes I see people camping in a house and making them explode is much more fun than shooting the top of their heads.

yeah but grenades will bounce off windows that have bars

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Yes, but your client will frequently show it bounce off the glass; be wary of barred windows though.

Muppet Danny Brown
Sep 24, 2006

Smell like a penguin
If you're up for duo or squad, add me on Steam - handle is Symbolized.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Muppet Danny Brown posted:

If you're up for duo or squad, add me on Steam - handle is Symbolized.

Join the discord?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Stan Taylor posted:

That guy is an aberration. A monster. You can't replicate his destruction

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Nothing is more satisfying than killing the early shotty rusher with a jumping-head-punch after he just ghosted your squadmate

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Just had a hilarious chicken dinner which involved the entire four man squad deciding not to pick up a gun, cruising around offshore in a boat for half the match, and then finally wondering why the last two enemies weren't assaulting our entirely unarmed stronghold instead of dying outside the murder circle. 0 kills, 0 shots fired, almost 0 payout, but probably the most fun I've ever had in this game lol.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Beet Wagon posted:

Just had a hilarious chicken dinner which involved the entire four man squad deciding not to pick up a gun, cruising around offshore in a boat for half the match, and then finally wondering why the last two enemies weren't assaulting our entirely unarmed stronghold instead of dying outside the murder circle. 0 kills, 0 shots fired, almost 0 payout, but probably the most fun I've ever had in this game lol.

I found pissmop's forums account.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Croccers posted:

Does this play well with playing International?
Mates that play this are all American but I'm stuck in Australia.

One of my squad is Scottish and he gets along fine on NA servers, but Australia is a bit farther than that

Though I tried a game on the Asian server last week and it played fine so I'd guess you're alright tbh

Gort posted:

Do people playing in teams actually use tactics when they get into a firefight, like two guys shooting while two others close, or is more of a 4v4 Counterstrike game

Bounding movement, etc, absolutely do work. At the very least, use covering fire, it's more effective than a smoke grenade is in any case

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate how I never look at the blue, and there's always someone there, patiently awaiting to take someone to the sweet embrace of death with him.

• Locked thread