Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

el oso posted:

Sometimes kid, sometimes no kid

That's not even a machine gun :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Hope is the greatest weapon of all.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

That isn't really a tagline, but ok.

Also, he looks like a giant now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He Fights For Children? Sounds like a bad translation

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

His fight? For children!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is he fighting to win them or for their entertainment or are his fighting abilities more suited for children

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Lol Jerry Butler hasn't been that svelte since 300

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kiimo posted:

He Fights For Children? Sounds like a bad translation

They meant to just say '''he fight children." but yeah bad translation.

Like I have no idea what Gerald Butler's issue with kids is about, but I assume it came from bad experiences around the whole "never work with children or animals" things.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

They meant to just say '''he fight children." but yeah bad translation.

*blows dust off poster* He Fights Four Children!

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Mierenneuker posted:

Looking at the listed URLs it is a poster made for Belgium and the Netherlands, but uh... I'm blaming Belgium here! Clearly, they get unconformable seeing an African kid with no visible hands.

Ooooooooooof

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/CosmicWonderYT/status/1469721384938926081

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's Bad!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, was really hoping they'd go full "side of an 80s metalhead van" with all the marketing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That looks exactly like what what of those vans looked like

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

needs some design elements that arent just cutouts from promo photography

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

That looks exactly like what what of those vans looked like

:wrong:

For further information on just how wrong you are, check out the Vantasm thread, aka the best thread on the forums.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I hate to tell you this, but despite what nerds on the internet tell you they, just like the poster, look like poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The sleigh by itself would be a fantastic poster.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Who is the guy on the right with the purple abs? Bruno Mars? Michael Jackson?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

kiimo posted:

Who is the guy on the right with the purple abs? Bruno Mars? Michael Jackson?

Anime noir Luigi.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shin Ultraman now has a Japanese release date of May 13, no word on international.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the not-a-van thing appears to have been deleted

what was it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/starcatcher_art/status/1469839592438259716?t=7Bc7WOrjXtnM1eroQAAfCQ&s=19

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's probably key art for, like, a lunchbox or Walmart shirt or something.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, the people who posted it said it was 'officially licensed product' art and Waititi says it's not a movie poster so it's probably lovely plastic tie-in packaging art some merchandiser threw together from an asset kit they were provided while cranking all the colours into the stratosphere.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 14, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love the top left is just "Uhhhh... people love the middle part of Stormbreaker, right??"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I love the top left is just "Uhhhh... people love the middle part of Stormbreaker, right??"

People do love Groot.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
50% off cult movie posters https://westgategallery.com/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cool idea but exceptionally hard to look at.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012

Finally, the REAL thor love and thunder poster.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What is the deal with this?

It looks like it was made in Britain but all the promotional material I found is Japanese.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Tiriganiaq posted:

Finally, the REAL thor love and thunder poster.

Iron Man suiting up scenes are basically the modern American version of the classic Gerry Anderson vehicle launch sequences.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mister Chief posted:

What is the deal with this?

It looks like it was made in Britain but all the promotional material I found is Japanese.

Japan loves Thunderbirds more than anyone. Hideaki Anno oversaw the restoration of a bunch of Thunderbirds footage that was found in a Japanese warehouse, and edited together a compilation of the best clips of the new HD restoration that will air on Japanese TV in advance of the new episodes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I can't remember any plots or moments of the episodes but the theme song is clear as day in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Thunderbirds is shockingly influential on Japanese pop culture. As someone who thinks Thunderbirds is incredible, it's baffling just how hard it hit Japan. It really is hard to understate its effects.