Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Weird thing with my thorns Crusader, whenever I put on a piece of gear with thorns, it makes my sheet thorns damage go way up for a couple seconds, and then it shoots back down and stays there. I haven't found any effect that should cause this, but obviously I'm missing something. I'm sure the lower value is the "correct" one but it's kind of demoralizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
There are specific builds that are better for speed than GR pushing. You may be using one of the GR pushing builds which doesn't emphasize speed because it doesn't matter how quickly you go through the level if you're dying/can't kill anything.

I know there's some DH builds that just vault around everywhere so DH has them too :D

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There are few speedfarming builds faster than Impale. You shouldn't be using Goldwrap for it though unless it's cubed.

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

There are few speedfarming builds faster than Impale. You shouldn't be using Goldwrap for it though unless it's cubed.

Yeah.. impale can vault endlessly, it's basically as fast as using danetta's crossbows

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Girl my nickname is "The Cow Rift" because you know I'll be going 10 levels deep

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
On my DH, I've been using a small variant of this 400% move speed multishot build based on spare parts I had laying around. Works like a champ, like it more than vaulting around with my Impale build for this kind of work.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Girl my nickname is "The Cow Rift" because you know I'll be going 10 levels deep

Man, Condemn Crusader + Wave of Light monk was a fun combo. Sucking up all those bulls into my tight ring before you gave em the big red bell

There was death breath EVERYWHERE

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, Condemn Crusader + Wave of Light monk was a fun combo. Sucking up all those bulls into my tight ring before you gave em the big red bell

There was death breath EVERYWHERE

That's the bardiche level and yeah lmao everything booms

But the cow rift is the neph rift that is full of cows and for some reason always has a bazillion floors

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

totalnewbie posted:

There are specific builds that are better for speed than GR pushing. You may be using one of the GR pushing builds which doesn't emphasize speed because it doesn't matter how quickly you go through the level if you're dying/can't kill anything.

I know there's some DH builds that just vault around everywhere so DH has them too :D

No I'm using Shadow Impale and vaulting like a madman, near constantly, but I still can't keep up with the Wiz/Necro/Monk. My GR pushing build is N6M4 Sentry and it is sloooow moving but wrecks poo poo. I actually have a full setup for Shadow/Impale, UE Multi and n6m4 in my wardrobe, though the sentry build has the best gear, Shad/Imp 2nd and the UE one is a bit neglected.

Dameius posted:

On my DH, I've been using a small variant of this 400% move speed multishot build based on spare parts I had laying around. Works like a champ, like it more than vaulting around with my Impale build for this kind of work.

Ooooh I didn't think of this. Might try it out. Maybe I'm not using Tactical Advantage currently but I will now!

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 13, 2018

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OhFunny posted:

Sweet. Attack Speed to Socket would be best right?

Following up on this. I found 2 top leaderboard monks who had rolled the Resource Cost Reduction off their primal Obsidian Ring.

So I'm a little unsure what to do.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

OhFunny posted:

Following up on this. I found 2 top leaderboard monks who had rolled the Resource Cost Reduction off their primal Obsidian Ring.

So I'm a little unsure what to do.

Sunwuko wave of light? Attack speed doesn't do anything for you at all. Roll that off for socket.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

As long as you can stay spirit-neutral then keep aspd.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah it all depends on what RCR you have elsewhere.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

WhatEvil posted:

No I'm using Shadow Impale and vaulting like a madman, near constantly, but I still can't keep up with the Wiz/Necro/Monk. My GR pushing build is N6M4 Sentry and it is sloooow moving but wrecks poo poo. I actually have a full setup for Shadow/Impale, UE Multi and n6m4 in my wardrobe, though the sentry build has the best gear, Shad/Imp 2nd and the UE one is a bit neglected.

Ooooh I didn't think of this. Might try it out. Maybe I'm not using Tactical Advantage currently but I will now!

Demon hunter is the fastest on average if you have the right build, which is multi shot screen clearing whatever. Monk has the highest peak speed but relies on In Geom so it’s hit or miss.

Necro is pretty slow due to the weird laggy teleport and while they are great elite killers they don’t have good consistent spammy screen clears. Barb is decent middle of the pack, the big issue being no teleport.

Personally I think monks are the fastest but DH reign supreme for bounties which is probably more useful.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Immortal king6/raekor4 furious charge is pretty fast. I can do gr60 in 2.5 minutes.

There's probably faster, but it's a fun one.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I don't care if its technically slower but I always fall back on LazyStorm to farm T13/GR60. 1 button every 60 seconds, hell, map that same button to your pick up button.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Immortal king6/raekor4 furious charge is pretty fast. I can do gr60 in 2.5 minutes.

There's probably faster, but it's a fun one.

Grifts are a different beast altogether. Consider a monk which can do a 60-75 (based on gear and augments) in 2-3 minutes. But an 80 means no in geom and a massive change to 5+ and it’s only slower as it goes up. A condemn crusader does a 60 in 5 minutes and a 90 in 5 minutes. So one is great for maxing our gems and the other for fast leveling low gems.

Then there are builds like lazy necro that are terrible at pushing and speed but allow you to watch Netflix and half pay attention while never dying. There’s no wrong way to diablo, except playing story mode.

Marketing New Brain fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 13, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Marketing New Brain posted:

There’s no wrong way to diablo, except playing story mode.

Look at this guy speaking the truth.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Marketing New Brain posted:

There’s no wrong way to diablo, except playing story mode.

But... but... my Speed Racer conquest! :suicide:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Jan posted:

But... but... my Speed Racer conquest! :suicide:

Heh, zero people have done that on soft or Hardcore on Xbox so far this season.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I've noticed some grifts give me 3+1 gem upgrades. Is that because I'm beating some time cutoff? If so, what is that time?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Aranan posted:

I've noticed some grifts give me 3+1 gem upgrades. Is that because I'm beating some time cutoff? If so, what is that time?

No deaths

If you empower and get not deaths you can get 5 upgrades at a time

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If you don't die you get another roll.
If you empower the rift you also get another roll.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Oh! That's cool. Thanks, friends.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

On the very first day, maybe like an hour after the patch dropped. This guy in my bounty run had just killed two blue gobs without sharing and told me he was going too fast to slow down and tell us and then I popped a rainbow portal and spawned in basically on top of the Wings guy and was like “oh neat I got these wings” and the rude guy in party rages for like 10 full minutes before leaving.

Incredibly specific karma.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Me and my boys always get at least 4 upgrades :smuggo:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Me and my boys always get at least 4 upgrades :smuggo:

Yeah but for those 2-5 minutes there's at least a dozen "OHFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK oh wait I'm okay"

[me disregarding advice to use horsey as a means of escape]
~rides horsey directly into mob~
~gets walled~
~insta gibs exploder elites~

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah but for those 2-5 minutes there's at least a dozen "OHFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK oh wait I'm okay"

[me disregarding advice to use horsey as a means of escape]
~rides horsey directly into mob~
~gets walled~
~insta gibs exploder elites~

I miss my condemn Crusader for this reason, Illusory boots + akkham makes the bullshit go away. It's too bad half the GRift times are spent on killing guardians.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I miss my condemn Crusader for this reason, Illusory boots + akkham makes the bullshit go away. It's too bad half the GRift times are spent on killing guardians.

Luckily I was able to stuff myself into the absolute corner and only 1 of the explosions got me which I had a cheat death for. That panic was 2nd only to just a few minutes prior where I took my fresh new captain america build into a T13 and the first elite I see one shots me into my cheat death. After my horrified panic horsey back into the cave to town I go over my gear to discover I have slotted no gems. None.

I'm too dumb for hardcore. :negative:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm too dumb for hardcore. :negative:

You're up to 500 paragon with zero career HC Deaths.

I think it's a mark of shame, at this point.

Live on the wild side, dammit! Go do The Thrill or something!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're up to 500 paragon with zero career HC Deaths.

I think it's a mark of shame, at this point.

Live on the wild side, dammit! Go do The Thrill or something!

Hah, I'm just doing my normal seasonal routine.

- Season set to 70
- Build out other 4 sets
- Thrill
- Roll a different class

I'm not terribly interested in completing the books entry by entry

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I bought this game on Xbox 360 (I no longer have a 360 console) I wanted to play it again, but I can’t use that disc on my Xbox One, because it’s not backwards compatible.

I looked on the Xbox one store and the only version they sell is the “Eternal Collection” which is $60!

Is there a website or something I can buy a download code for less than $60? (Yes i know I should just get it for PC, but I have a buddy that wants me to play it on Xbox with him)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

I bought this game on Xbox 360 (I no longer have a 360 console) I wanted to play it again, but I can’t use that disc on my Xbox One, because it’s not backwards compatible.

I looked on the Xbox one store and the only version they sell is the “Eternal Collection” which is $60!

Is there a website or something I can buy a download code for less than $60? (Yes i know I should just get it for PC, but I have a buddy that wants me to play it on Xbox with him)

You can probably find the "Ultimate Evil" edition of the game disc in a game shop for dirt cheap but you will be stuck buying the $15 necro expansion digitally. Still a far cry cheaper than 60 for the digital bundle.

edit: All the "Eternal" bundle really is is the Ultimate Evil (base game) + Necro Expansion

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

Digital is $60 for some lol reason, but the disc (still in production, so not hard to find on Amazon or Gamestop) is $30.

Get that poo poo and start playing with us doggie

Three of the most (sexually) active posters in this thread are Xbone Players

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Can't wait for the Switch version. :allears:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Aranan posted:

Can't wait for the Switch version. :allears:

That will most likely be $60, right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's still unannounced and wasn't even brought up in the most recent "what to look forward to in 2018" event by Nintendo

I'd give it a 50% shot at being real and a 5% shot at coming out in the next 12 months

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Diablo 3 is pretty much the only game I play where I think "I'd really like to have a mobile version of this" so I hope it comes out for the Switch soonish.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrSeRRoD posted:

E: Here's a neat thing from some forum post somewhere.

Going to ask a simple question here: how the gently caress are you meant to complete any of these challenge rifts? I've watched guides, listened to the explanation of the build, tried out the rotation. Then I go into the rift and inevitably get splattered every time. Is it just that you have to know the class inside out and time everything perfectly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jedit posted:

Going to ask a simple question here: how the gently caress are you meant to complete any of these challenge rifts? I've watched guides, listened to the explanation of the build, tried out the rotation. Then I go into the rift and inevitably get splattered every time. Is it just that you have to know the class inside out and time everything perfectly?

Some weeks are easy, some are a little challenging. Or you can face tank it with 3 other bros needing it too and get it done first time every time.