Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Nessa posted:

That would be my little brother.

We have to frebeeze the living room and turn on the fan when he comes over.

How long should I wait to get rid of this thing, then?

Wear it with pride and show you give no shits. For a while, I liked your polar bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sephardic Homo posted:

i used to travel a lot and i'm very zealous over basic personal hygiene due to it

I spent all of last summer in the wilderness/desert and that first shower in a proper bathroom was like walking into heaven to see God smiling at me and saying "This realm was made for you and you alone, enjoy the conditioner and exfoliating body scrubs."

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sharkie posted:

I spent all of last summer in the wilderness/desert and that first shower in a proper bathroom was like walking into heaven to see God smiling at me and saying "This realm was made for you and you alone, enjoy the conditioner and exfoliating body scrubs."

lol if you've never used the handicapped stall in an airport after a intercontinental flight to give yourself a french whore bath

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

That reminds me, I switched to SLS free shampoo/ conditioner last week and I have noticed no difference at all except I use way more of it and it takes forever to get any lather going. I am not impressed.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

I've never taken an intercontinental flight :saddowns:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jetsetlemming posted:

sucks to be you

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sephardic Homo posted:

lol if you've never used the handicapped stall in an airport after a intercontinental flight to give yourself a french whore bath

Heh, I've shaved my legs in more than one rest stop sink.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Shannonmcn posted:

That reminds me, I switched to SLS free shampoo/ conditioner last week and I have noticed no difference at all except I use way more of it and it takes forever to get any lather going. I am not impressed.
that's because SLS is what makes the lather
you don't need to get a lather up for it to be working
but if it doesn't improve your hair then it doesn't I guess :shobon:

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
intercontinental flights suck bad

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

pixelbaron posted:

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah basically
When I was a kid the big thing I focused on that other people got to do was camp. I really wanted to go to summer camp and go camping. Being a poor city kid loving blew
Being a poor city adult still kinda blows, though far less thankfully :)

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Jetsetlemming posted:

Me neither. Furthest from Belfast I've been is Munich. Which is not that far away at all, 3.5 hours on plane.

vaguely posted:

that's because SLS is what makes the lather
you don't need to get a lather up for it to be working
but if it doesn't improve your hair then it doesn't I guess :shobon:

Oh I know, it lathers a little but it feels like there isn't enough to cover my hair unless I use loads. I'll finish the bottle and see if it just hasn't started working yet.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jetsetlemming posted:

Yeah basically
When I was a kid the big thing I focused on that other people got to do was camp. I really wanted to go to summer camp and go camping. Being a poor city kid loving blew
Being a poor city adult still kinda blows, though far less thankfully :)

did you really want to be one of these kids growing up?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110006/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jetsetlemming posted:

Sit down in a tiny chair, wrap yourself in a thin blanket. After the first 7 hours you can watch a $2 dvd from walmart and eat an enchilada.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
never been camping or went to any kind of summer camp as a kid even though i can remember wanting to and asking my parents

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sharkie posted:

Sit down in a tiny chair, wrap yourself in a thin blanket. After the first 7 hours you can watch a $2 dvd from walmart and eat an enchilada.

also you have to sit perfectly upright and in a cramped location, and booze is 3x more expensive unless you're on luftstansa and area a silver member because then it's free

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

pixelbaron posted:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sephardic Homo posted:

also you have to sit perfectly upright and in a cramped location, and booze is 3x more expensive unless you're on luftstansa and area a silver member because then it's free

was on luftstansa for my europe trip last summer

it owned

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sephardic Homo posted:

and the constant low hum and vibration

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
after 8 hours in the air you start seriously considering some of the skymall bullshit because you've looked through that crumbling magazine like 80 times from boredom

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

boom boom boom posted:

and the constant low hum and vibration

the only thing other than a bunch of dramamine that helps you sleep

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
If you fly intercontinentally, make sure to get an aisle seat so you can get up whenever you need to stretch. Windows are worthless because it's either going to be dark the whole time, or water the whole time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Iron Crowned posted:

If you fly intercontinentally, make sure to get an aisle seat so you can get up whenever you need to stretch. Windows are worthless because it's either going to be dark the whole time, or water the whole time.

yes this. also you can put your legs in the isle for the 5 hours that everyone's asleep.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
a flight is never too long as long as there is a outlet and several gigs of predownloaded anime

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sephardic Homo posted:

the only thing other than a bunch of dramamine that helps you sleep

ugh no, it keeps me awake the entire time.last time I got a doctor prescribed sleeping pill of some kind, and I just sort of dozed, waking up every 20 minutes.

next time I'm just bringing a whole thing of nyquil

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Putty posted:

a flight is never too long as long as there is a outlet and several gigs of predownloaded anime klonopin

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Sephardic Homo posted:

did you really want to be one of these kids growing up?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110006/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Never seen it, though the Mighty Ducks connection on the box made me laugh
I think I was more influenced by Nickelodeon poo poo like Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude, actually

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Planes put me straight to sleep, even if I'm only up for 45 mins I'll get a good nap in. It must be reduced oxygen levels or something.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Just finished listening to the Fol Chen album I downloaded. poo poo's real good. The drums are A+

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Shannonmcn posted:

Planes put me straight to sleep, even if I'm only up for 45 mins I'll get a good nap in. It must be reduced oxygen levels or something.

I can't sleep on planes. I can kind of sort off nap if I'm in first class, but I can never get comfortable enough to sleep on a plane.

I don't really care for flying.

Just bought a frog pencil case for my art class next week.:3:

Actually it's more like :frogout:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Not :frogbon:?

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
:coffee:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I suppose it is more like that, since the zipper isn't actually on the mouth, though that would be really cool.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
the only time I was able to sleep on a plane was on a 14 hour flight and I woke up and was like 'cool maybe I'm basically there' and like ten whole minutes had gone by. they should just offer general anaesthetic or something

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Nessa posted:

Just bought a frog pencil case for my art class next week.:3:
oh my gosh that sounds adorable :3:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
God, I'm hungry. Gonna look at pictures of food until I can go get lunch.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Sephardic Homo posted:

i use the cinco horizontal urinal shower system

"just enough time to get clean"

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

pixelbaron posted:

after 8 hours in the air you start seriously considering some of the skymall bullshit because you've looked through that crumbling magazine like 80 times from boredom

i nearly bought that dog fence window once

also that car-mounted traffic digital message sign

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Schmeichy posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Schmeichy posted:

Never have I been more attracted to vegetables.

EMO poo poo Went to see supervisor after the review and I'm pretty far behind where I should be and he was very kind but was basically "You can't keep just not doing poo poo" so I had a wee almost-cry and made him super awkward and now I feel bad. I guess I should have told him about the days of sadbrains where I just sit and feel like poo poo because everything in life is pointless but he might have run away. So I might just go to the loving doctors instead. Plus side, had a wee cry in the bogs like I was 14 again and now I feel much better.

I want to cover myself in baby sloths

• Locked thread