Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zeit tends to have a fairly solid median poll tracking with pre-calculated seat ratios and possible coalitions:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Perestroika posted:

Zeit tends to have a fairly solid median poll tracking with pre-calculated seat ratios and possible coalitions:

While I would hate the actual result, I got to admit, I feel some slight amusement from the idea of a Deutschland-coalition.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

GABA ghoul posted:

They currently have a majority of seats according to polls. Remember, stimmverteilung != sitzverteilung

Yeah but out of all possible coalitions they have the smallest margin above 50% as far as I know. So I would not call it the most likely outcome

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Petition to rename the Kenia coalition to Nizza coalition.

All in favour say "Jawoll!"

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 20, 2021

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yeah but out of all possible coalitions they have the smallest margin above 50% as far as I know. So I would not call it the most likely outcome

Jamaika and Ampel are barely ahead of them anyway.

But please remember Überhangmandate and Ausgleichsmandate, the Bundestag will once again be much bigger than the about 600 planned seats thanks to the Union likely winning far more Direktmandate than their Zweitstimmenergebnis would justify. Since not all Überhangmandate will be ausgeglichen, CDU/CSU will get a few more seats in the Bundestag than their share of the national vote would suggest. And with majorities as thin as projected so far, this could make a big difference.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ya7pEDndgE

Nothing really surprising in there, but still a good watch.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

mcbexx posted:

Petition to rename the Kenia coalition to Nizza coalition.

All in favour say "Jawoll!"

Schwampel

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Perestroika posted:

I'm triggered by the ordering the parties in the different options by size and not by colours on the respective flags :spergin:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

niethan posted:

Schwampel

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

SoggyBobcat posted:

Looking at the polling aggregate on Wikipedia and the last few pages of this thread, can anyone give the lowdown on what's going on to a non-German speaker?
Sure, but would you acknowledge them, take note, honour the effort?

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Sure, but would you acknowledge them, take note, honour the effort?
I did read it, I'm working as an election worker for the Canadian federal election today and can only access my phone on break.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
loving hell

der spiegel posted:

Eine gute Stunde später sei er erneut in der Tankstelle erschienen – diesmal habe er eine Mund-Nasen-Bedeckung getragen, wieder ein Sechserpack Bier genommen, und sei zur Kasse gegangen. »Dort setzte er die Mund-Nasen-Bedeckung ab«, sagte Oberstaatsanwalt Fuhrmann. Der Kassierer habe den Mann erneut auf die Einhaltung der Maskenpflicht hingewiesen: Daraufhin zog der Täter einen Revolver und erschoss den Kassierer.

Zum Motiv habe der mutmaßliche Mörder angegeben, dass ihn die Situation der Coronapandemie stark belaste. Er habe sich in die Ecke gedrängt gefühlt und »keinen anderen Ausweg gesehen«, als ein Zeichen zu setzen, sagte Fuhrmann. Das Opfer schien ihm dabei »verantwortlich für die Gesamtsituation, da es die Regeln durchgesetzt habe.«

https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/jus...da-26bbf5c66d07

A 49 year old shot a 20 year old cashier at a gas station because he insisted on the perp wearing a mask

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

SoggyBobcat posted:

I did read it, I'm working as an election worker for the Canadian federal election today and can only access my phone on break.
Sorry, that was impatient and rude of me.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

niethan posted:

Schwampel

It was my attempt at a convoluted 69/"nice" joke.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Keinen anderen Ausweg gesehen bc of a fuckin mask

What a piece of whiny poo poo

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Zwille posted:

loving hell

A 49 year old shot a 20 year old cashier at a gas station because he insisted on the perp wearing a mask

just what the gently caress

I hope this piece of poo poo rots in prison for a very, very long time. Why should an innocent 20 year old suffer for this, couldn't he have shot a politician or someone like that at least? This makes me really mad.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
How do you even resozialisier someone like that? Yeah sure bud, that guy on the lowest rung of the ladder is responsible for all your woes :jerkbag:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zwille posted:

loving hell

thought I was in one of the many america covid threads til I saw it was a der spiegel article

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

You can still blame the yanks for this kind of poo poo at least. Their tech companies are pushing it, and Covid truther channels are absolutely full of Trump this and Deep State that.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Antigravitas posted:

You can still blame the yanks for this kind of poo poo at least. Their tech companies are pushing it, and Covid truther channels are absolutely full of Trump this and Deep State that.

I remember, several months ago in early spring, I took a bike ride west along the Rhein river from Mainz, and I saw somewhere beyond Bingen was this large biergarten with several flags flying, among them Q, Trump, and Punisher flags. I know political derangement is universal, but for the love of all that is good, why is American flavored madness in particular being imported??

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Cultural hegemony :clint:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It isn't being imported, it's actively being exported. The home grown insanity doesn't really have the focus of Trump and Q and Ivermectin and whatnot.

Like, this is home grown:

This ain't:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Idiots understand English but not Russian or Chinese. They're on Twitter and Facebook but not weibo or line. American this and that is discussed on all tv stations all day, so they're familiar with the relevant politicians and celebrities. That's why it's similar.

That said, you can certainly believe that immigrant communities are also sending each other purestrain Russian / Chinese / Turkish horseshit on relevant social media channels. We just don't hear about it because there's not that many of each individual category, and neither you nor most German journalists understand the relevant language.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
What do the americans have to do with a guy murdering some innocent student worker? He just sounds like your typical european "how dare you oppose me" narcissistic ideologue.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bedshaped posted:

What do the americans have to do with a guy murdering some innocent student worker? He just sounds like your typical American "how dare you oppose me" narcissistic ideologue.

Yes, that's true.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Shooting people in the face because of „my freedoms“ kind of is an American thing, sorry. I don’t make the cliches, i only enfor… is that a gun or are you just nazi to see me?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Bedshaped posted:

What do the americans have to do with a guy murdering some innocent student worker? He just sounds like your typical european "how dare you oppose me" narcissistic ideologue.

It's because American propaganda is massively fanning the flames.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wer die Pissositos sind interessiert mich jetzt aber gewaltig, wie kann man so heißen

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Same.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Und wo verstecken sie sich?

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Antigravitas posted:

It's because American propaganda is massively fanning the flames.

I don't disagree but at the same time making this the takeaway of what he did is like letting him use his own bullshit excuses ("keinen anderen Ausweg gesehen") to justify it. The scumbag deserves to rot for this and there's nothing in his search history that will make me feel even a single shred of sympathy for how he got here.

When people go to americanisms immediately for answers in times like this it's like they're saying that in a vacuum europeans wouldn't still be utterly irredeemable pieces of poo poo at the best of times.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/MatthiasMeisner/status/1440294041569021966

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Imo people are damaged everywhere, and US shootings happen to be most present in the media because it is normal for people there to have access to guns unlike in other countries.

So it may seem like there is a connection when actually it was just some dude going off the deep end on his own who happened to have a gun in a country where most people don't.

And yes rot in jail he should, but they will declare him some flavour of not zurechnungsfähig and he will end up in a loony bin instead, getting vastly better treatment than he deserves.

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

Wer die Pissositos sind interessiert mich jetzt aber gewaltig, wie kann man so heißen

Hört sich an wie der Name einer Sitzpinkler Rockergang.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Yeah, I see that the flow of conversation went that way, but personally I'm not trying to draw a connection between Americans and this shooting specifically. The shooter may or may not have been influenced by American propaganda, but angry people flying off the handle and becoming violent is something that happens everywhere.

The overall connection between querdenker and American conspiracy movements is what I meant in my other post.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

CDU-voters must secretly be Nazis, because the latest polls see the CDU rising again. Maybe Laschet should talk some more with Nazi-scum? :suicide:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

If he goes full hitler, gains 6% but AfD loses 6% that's a net loss for nazis because they won't get into parliament by democratic means then. It's not optimal but I'll take it. Just SPD needs to get some more points, or Greens. If CSU fails the 5% and Direktmandate, that'd be another loss for conservatives too. I think if

AfD loses 6% to CDU
CSU loses enough to get kicked out

we'll have the same percentages as CDU/CSU has right now. (yeah I'm aware this has some serious Hillary can still win fantasy math vibes)

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Zwille posted:

If he goes full hitler, gains 6% but AfD loses 6% that's a net loss for nazis because they won't get into parliament by democratic means then. It's not optimal but I'll take it. Just SPD needs to get some more points, or Greens. If CSU fails the 5% and Direktmandate, that'd be another loss for conservatives too. I think if

AfD loses 6% to CDU
CSU loses enough to get kicked out

we'll have the same percentages as CDU/CSU has right now. (yeah I'm aware this has some serious Hillary can still win fantasy math vibes)

This is a) not how Anbiederung an die nazis works (it usually just strengthens them) and b) not how the CSU works (they will win 40 plus Direktmandate even if they fall below 5%)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hopper posted:

who happened to have a multiple guns in a country where most people don't.

https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/jus...61-33b17016569e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I can't keep track of all these types of stochastic terrorism anymore