Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

reresearcher posted:

Yea, the wiki level ranges are a bit off. Mammoths especially were tricky around that level. You're kind of in a hard slog until 34 when you get your first quad spell. Might want to try root rotting giants in Warsliks then hitting up FM giants.

What kind of wisdom are you working with? I highly recommend joining Dial a Port at 29 to start making money for wisdom gear/lumi staff.

Did some wheeling and dealing in EC and now I'm sitting at 135 WIS, which is way better than what I had before at least.

I tried out the alligator pit and it's way too dangerous for my liking. I'd probably like it more if this wasn't my first chaacter and I could afford a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

Pratan posted:

At 27-34 do sabertooth grimwhatevers in LOIO.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw this as another potential spot, I think I'll try this since I have very little Kunark experience and I'd like to explore areas which are new to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

I'm up to 47 on my magician :) Trying to do some hunting in GD/EW, those frost giant elites in GD are very misleading and not at all like the ones in iceclad

always on the lookout for chill solo spots, i was surprised how often oggok was camped of all places

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Telltolin posted:

I'm up to 47 on my magician :) Trying to do some hunting in GD/EW, those frost giant elites in GD are very misleading and not at all like the ones in iceclad

always on the lookout for chill solo spots, i was surprised how often oggok was camped of all places

Chill soloing is great. There's a big allure to just finding a couple non-roaming solo spawns with decent-to-good loot and just killing them repeatedly for hours, especially if everything else in the zone is several levels under you and isn't social.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

Chill soloing is great. There's a big allure to just finding a couple non-roaming solo spawns with decent-to-good loot and just killing them repeatedly for hours, especially if everything else in the zone is several levels under you and isn't social.

Agreed! I often have my focus split and can't reliably group since I will need to randomly AFK for periods of time, so chill soloing spots have carried me all the way to 47. I want to find another good spot, GD/EW is a little intense and it's hard to find a reliably safe place in the zone. I wanted to try spectres in oot since gargoyles carried me a while earlier but they were too close together and mage's lack of CC meant I pulled 3-4 at once every time :( seems like the specs in feerrott and oasis are pretty reliably camped, same with the ludicrously lucrative hill giants in rathe

If anybody's got suggestions for laid back spots I'm all ears, or all forehead since i'm an erudite

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
City guards in Oggok and/or Grobb are a laid back way to go 49-54

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Telltolin posted:

Agreed! I often have my focus split and can't reliably group since I will need to randomly AFK for periods of time, so chill soloing spots have carried me all the way to 47. I want to find another good spot, GD/EW is a little intense and it's hard to find a reliably safe place in the zone. I wanted to try spectres in oot since gargoyles carried me a while earlier but they were too close together and mage's lack of CC meant I pulled 3-4 at once every time :( seems like the specs in feerrott and oasis are pretty reliably camped, same with the ludicrously lucrative hill giants in rathe

If anybody's got suggestions for laid back spots I'm all ears, or all forehead since i'm an erudite

No idea how camped OOT seafuries are these days but those are easy to single pull.

Lake Rathe has some 6min respawn NPCs that can be easily and safely farmed. Again, not sure how camped they are.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Taia_Lyfol
https://wiki.project1999.com/Kanthurn

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

LOIO windmill is working out really well so far. Aside from a couple bad pulls which I had absolutely no business surviving, it's been pretty easy. Got nearly a full level in just a couple hours last night. Should get me to 30+ pretty easily.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just hit 31 this morning, and yeah, LOIO windmill was great. The excellent sabertooth hides sell for good money to other players, too. Got a lot of practice with charm-fighting to kill two mobs for full exp.

Sabertooth grimalkins are starting to go green, so I took the boat to Iceclad Ocean and parked my rear end on the first island with snow cougars. Gonna try this out later. If I have trouble here I might go back to LOIO for another level or two.

e: lol yeah I'm going back to LOIO. I got lag-spiked then died twice in a row and lost my level. Might try this area again at 33 or so.

vvv might also give that area a shot sometime, thanks!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 29, 2022

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Iksar Exiles in Swamp of No Hope near the Trakanon Teeth zone line is another chill camp 29-34

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Iksar Exiles in Swamp of No Hope near the Trakanon Teeth zone line is another chill camp 29-34

Trying this out now and it's extremely easy and chill. Exp is a little slower than LOIO, but these guys are dropping lots of money and there's nobody else in the zone. I vastly prefer slow and safe exp & loot to high risk/high reward camps.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I heard they nerfed Soblohg in Swamp of No Hope. That guy was awesome. Level 25 but he could drop sapphires and whatnot. You could go back and forth between his two spawn points and farm him.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I stayed at Swamp exiles until 33 when the exp quickly fell off. They turned green at 32 but the exp was still good. Highly recommended for a braindead easy camp (if you have crowd control). I'm absolutely going back there if I level another character.

Now I'm in Cazic-Thule's alligator alley and that's been great so far. Loot sucks (aside from the rare magician quest items) but the exp is great so far. I had a couple unlucky deaths but the exp is fast enough that it's really not a big deal. I'm really close to 34 and those new spells are gonna help a lot.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 3, 2022

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Currently have a 30 bone knight and 35 monk soloing the following path:

29-34 Swamp of No Hope Iksar Exiles / Warsliks Woods brute caves
34-39 Mines of Nurga exit tunnels (https://wiki.project1999.com/Mines_of_Nurga_Goblin_Tunnel)
39-42 ??
42-46 Dreadlands yeti caves

I especially like the Nurga levels because that dungeon was one of my favorites on Live and it's basically never camped by anyone else. The goblins drop Mountain Death salts and give Brood of Di'zok faction, too, so I usually can get to apprehensive or better for those Chardok quests by the time I approach 49/50.

Definitely going to do some Howling Stones in the 50s. Not a fan of Karnor's Castle, so we'll see how it goes when the levels start slowing down. Might just give Lower Guk and Sol B a shot during bonus weekends.

We could potentially duo any of these spots for some respectable exp

Burt Gherkin
Feb 8, 2010

Oil! posted:

I remember having a folder of maps from Allakhzam because I had to print them out since I couldn't alt+tab to the other window.

As it goes now, P99 is essentially solved and has been for years. Guilds several years ago did some low person kills in NToV of like 18-24 , but right now the late game really sucks because 1 guild has the numbers and their leaders hate everyone else (while also donating enough to not get banned). Every other guild for the most part work amicably and acknowledge mistakes. It still sucks if you aren't one of the top 3 guilds, but 2 of those are willing to work with you and let you try a mob instead of leapfrogging you.

Being a part of one of those remaining guilds, I am so happy about the quarterly draft. It gives people targets they can go after mobs they can do, but can't sock 16 hours on. The biggest mobs that guilds have a hard time with are going to be Tunare, Sontalak, and Klandikar. Tunare isn't too bad, except for the zone clearing required and in the past she was exploited by training out of range. My guild has grouped up for Klandikar and joined in a sever wide Sontalak raid, but those team ups exist because most guilds are reasonable.

This is a long post to basically say gently caress Vanquish.

I'm in the process of leaving vanquish because it seems to be full of dickheads. If anyone is in riot please throw me a yes vote when my app comes through haha

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I'm giving p99 a shot I think, does anyone have any recommendations for a map utility? also any pro tips for starting a halfling druid, I put all my points into wis and cha and my endgame goal is to join dial-a-port to afford to twink the crap out of an alt

edit: i think the alt is going to be a paladin but i'm open to suggestions there

blatman fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 4, 2022

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

blatman posted:

I'm giving p99 a shot I think, does anyone have any recommendations for a map utility? also any pro tips for starting a halfling druid, I put all my points into wis and cha and my endgame goal is to join dial-a-port to afford to twink the crap out of an alt

edit: i think the alt is going to be a paladin but i'm open to suggestions there

zliz is fine, nparse has more detailed (and accurate) maps but without the pre-made markers for important camping spots

both read your log files, so enable logging and bind some movement keys to /loc (and sense heading) and go to town

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

blatman posted:

If I wanted to make money porting I would probably make a wizard because you can park at ec tunnel and just translocate people to where they need to go. You’re also leveling a class that has some more end-game viability (raids love lvl 60 wizards) than a Druid. That said you want a daniel face you need to be a Druid.

If you really want to play a different class (tank) just roll that class though. Gear is plentiful!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i thought green had been out long enough where trying to level an untwinked tank would be like pulling teeth

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Working to hit 54 so I can use vocarate: water and get backstabby pet :)

I tried taking a break from seafuries and grouped in WL for a bit but because of my afk playstyle geonids don't make a good solo target (yet at least) because of their stupid amount of hp so back to seafuries I go

At least I've made some decent cash and was able to afford some gear upgrades and still have some left over!

Will need to get me that water staff from phinny soon, that will be its own adventure but i reckon my guild will lend a hand

I really wanna try grouping in velks or Chardok when I'm able to put more focus in the game, I'd love some nice loot to sell
Gotta have an excuse to make a mule sooner or later

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

blatman posted:

i thought green had been out long enough where trying to level an untwinked tank would be like pulling teeth

Oh yeah sorry my point wasn’t clear- a lot of us are established enough on the server that we can help new players. If you’re looking to make a new paladin (or whatever class that is more gear dependent than a Druid) send me a pm and I’m happy to set you up.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

milkman dad posted:

Oh yeah sorry my point wasn’t clear- a lot of us are established enough on the server that we can help new players. If you’re looking to make a new paladin (or whatever class that is more gear dependent than a Druid) send me a pm and I’m happy to set you up.

ty i will pm you when i stop being indecisive and pick a class

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

blatman posted:

ty i will pm you when i stop being indecisive and pick a class

If you want to tank but still want some agency around being able to solo content you might consider a shadow knight. You can be edgy and make an erudite or iksar shadow knight. If you roll an erudite be sure to add 5 to agility. Iksar have the benefit of being able to quest for greenmist.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

blatman posted:

Should have gone for str or sta as second stat honestly, I have a halfling druid and I hit the charisma cap for selling with a few basic items. Still, no harm done I guess, even str and sta won't be of much use once you get beyond level 20 or so.

E: and even less useful since you're going for a tanky guy

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 4, 2022

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

milkman dad posted:

If you want to tank but still want some agency around being able to solo content you might consider a shadow knight. You can be edgy and make an erudite or iksar shadow knight. If you roll an erudite be sure to add 5 to agility. Iksar have the benefit of being able to quest for greenmist.

as an sk, is the lack of frontal stun immunity from not being an ogre going to be a big problem in practice? by the time I switched mains to shadowknight on retail the devs had given every tank stun immunity via an aa so I never really had to deal with it

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Okay. Well uh. I guess I should have logged out while I was making lunch, because I came back 20 minutes later and apparently I lost three levels from getting spawn-camped over and over at the Cazic-Feerott zone line (I bound myself right in the corner on the Feerott side) by one of the ogre bouncers right outside the temple. :suicide:

Lesson loving learned. I guess I'll be heading back to Swamp of No Hope for a while!!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 4, 2022

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

Okay. Well uh. I guess I should have logged out while I was making lunch, because I came back 20 minutes later and apparently I lost three levels from getting spawn-camped over and over at the Cazic-Feerott zone line (I bound myself right in the corner on the Feerott side) by one of the ogre bouncers right outside the temple. :suicide:

Lesson loving learned. I guess I'll be heading back to Swamp of No Hope for a while!!

Was this on the Blue server? Do those corpses still have a rezz timer?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Was this on the Blue server? Do those corpses still have a rezz timer?

Green, and the timer has long expired. I'm just taking it on the chin, and making the most of it. At least I can farm the exiles for plat back up to 33.

Burt Gherkin
Feb 8, 2010
Wow so I posted that comment about leaving Vanquish just before bed. By the time I woke up the comment was doxxed and distributed on Vanquish discord. Lmao Godspeed goon detective.

There are some decent people in the guild for sure but I'm not prepared to take the game as seriously as they do. To the point where it's weird.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

blatman posted:

as an sk, is the lack of frontal stun immunity from not being an ogre going to be a big problem in practice? by the time I switched mains to shadowknight on retail the devs had given every tank stun immunity via an aa so I never really had to deal with it

not at all

Burt Gherkin posted:

Wow so I posted that comment about leaving Vanquish just before bed. By the time I woke up the comment was doxxed and distributed on Vanquish discord. Lmao Godspeed goon detective.

There are some decent people in the guild for sure but I'm not prepared to take the game as seriously as they do. To the point where it's weird.

wow, wtf. lol, what a bunch of wankers

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Burt Gherkin posted:

:yikes:

Speaking from experience in being internet-detective'd, doxxed, and then eventually stalked IRL because of games (not this one but a couple others for sure) - some people have very unhealthy relationships with the games they play.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

DizzyBum posted:

This happened to a guy in my guild, except he went from level 60 to level 4. He tried asking GMs for help, they told him to get hosed, then also forced him to change his name! So this game is pretty cool sometimes.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bybus Slago posted:

This happened to a guy in my guild, except he went from level 60 to level 4. He tried asking GMs for help, they told him to get hosed, then also forced him to change his name! So this game is pretty cool sometimes.

Holy poo poo, I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me. If I didn't quit outright, I'd probably just transfer my plat to a new character on a different class and level that one.

I also realized I would have been perfectly safe without logging out if I'd remembered to successfully Hide. :v:

Burt Gherkin
Feb 8, 2010
Also if any of you battlers need help just let me know. I play evenings on AU time.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I decided to make an ogre shadowknight, named fjonk on green server, gonna see how geared i can get from selling vendor trash to fund vendor diving expeditions near the blacksmithing trainer

that is, after i spend several hours setting up the UI first

edit: i screwed up and made a warrior, i'll fix it tomorrow

Burt Gherkin
Feb 8, 2010
You didn't actually screw up lol

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

DizzyBum posted:

Holy poo poo, I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me. If I didn't quit outright, I'd probably just transfer my plat to a new character on a different class and level that one.

I also realized I would have been perfectly safe without logging out if I'd remembered to successfully Hide. :v:

A level 4 with level 60 skills and gear would wreck some poo poo though

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bybus Slago posted:

hahahahahahaha

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bybus Slago posted:

Back in the Sullon Zek days a guy fell asleep and got bind camped and deleveled massively. They kept logging in other characters within the level range for XP loss. Dedication to griefing was strong

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

DizzyBum posted:

Classic eq. :allears: I lost like 10 levels this way back in 2000 falling asleep at the keys. Was bound on the inside though RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Meatgrinder posted:

A level 4 with level 60 skills and gear would wreck some poo poo though

Oh, do you actually keep the skills? I thought your skill points got recalculated (but not lost) if you de-leveled.