Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hadaka Apron posted:

Making Chekhov gay would've been a nice "gently caress you" to Putin, but I can't remember if there was anything about him specifically being straight in TOS.

Crushing Chekhov under an all-American car was a nice gently caress you to Putin, so good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Uncle Wemus posted:

like it literally looks like some 3rd rate cirque de sole thing or something where people are flailing around while being suspended from wires

It looks like those behind the scene features where you can see the action from unintended angles, everything is blurry and confusing because the camera is without direction, the effects aren't there yet, and the actors are wearing mo-cap suits and look unnatural and really awkward.

Except this is the final product.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

gigawhite posted:

Well I don't know about you guys but I'm going to be saying awwww slapshot for years to come

It really is a truly unique and endearing character driven line. Abby being a Hockey fan and never quite making the team due to her other passion, science, comes full circle as she "slapshots" ghosts at the end. It's beautiful, really.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Drunken Baker posted:

It really is a truly unique and endearing character driven line. Abby being a Hockey fan and never quite making the team due to her other passion, science, comes full circle as she "slapshots" ghosts at the end. It's beautiful, really.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

edit: It's gonna be great, it's gonna be great.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I wonder what happens when you get hit by a ghost axe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Germstore posted:

I wonder what happens when you get hit by a ghost axe.

It creates an additional crack where ectoplasm can go.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The same thing that happens to everything else. :smug:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Who told Pail Feig he could do action scenes

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nice.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Hadaka Apron posted:

I get the feeling that marketing to social justice types is going to work about as well as marketing to the meme crowd did for Snakes on a Plane.

I remember that lol couple weeks when snakes on a plane release day discussion was cordoned to only two approved megathreads under threat of a ban if you posted about it anywhere else

then there was fury over the fact that our own futuristic sex robots' single didn't make it into the movie, and the safe/generic rock song from a band called cobra starship mysteriously did

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Its been like what a decade? Since snake on a plane.

So lets see it was a 36 million dollar movie, which from my memory seemed to know how stupid the premise was.

Ghostbusters 2016 seems to have a 156 million dollar budget...

156/36=4.3

So they could have made like 4 meme based movies (scumbag steve, doge, bad luck brain, mega milk monster) but instead bet the farm on...social justice?

No its a lovely movie and they know it.

How many period jokes do you think is in this movie?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Slapshot!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I wonder if those dumb "meme" movies would still be getting made if the Asylum hadn't cornered the market. The shock and surprise that Hollywood were actually going to make a movie called SNAKES ON A PLANE and it was about SNAKES ON A PLANE is lessened now when every other week there's a direct to video masterpiece called, "GIANT SHARKTOPUS vs WEAVIL TORNADO"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

max4me posted:

So lets see it was a 36 million dollar movie, which from my memory seemed to know how stupid the premise was.

156/36=4.3

So they could have made like 4 meme based movies (scumbag steve, doge, bad luck brain, mega milk monster) but instead bet the farm on...social justice?

Wait till you see Emojimovie: Express Yourself.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4877122/

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Did they leave out the ghost traps completely?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

despite the threads title, I kinda wish this was more edgy and darker. The neon ghosts are kinda neat, but this looks too cartoony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDrsabasjbU

That was completely underwhelming. All that online rancor over that?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Germstore posted:

Did they leave out the ghost traps completely?

See the movie to find out!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
white ghost buster #1: spinning cartwheel ghost kill
white ghost buster #2: hockey move into a triple ghost kill
white ghost buster #3: john woo bustin' with dual wielded ghost guns
black ghost buster: saves one of the white ghost busters by falling over

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

In the time it took classic ghostbusters to trap one ghost the new and better ghostbusters can shoot over ten ghosts.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

CelticPredator posted:

despite the threads title, I kinda wish this was more edgy and darker. The neon ghosts are kinda neat, but this looks too cartoony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDrsabasjbU

5 seconds in, the giant top hat ghost just shrugs as if to say "yep, this is the best we could do." :shrug:

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Drunken Baker posted:

I wonder if those dumb "meme" movies would still be getting made if the Asylum hadn't cornered the market. The shock and surprise that Hollywood were actually going to make a movie called SNAKES ON A PLANE and it was about SNAKES ON A PLANE is lessened now when every other week there's a direct to video masterpiece called, "GIANT SHARKTOPUS vs WEAVIL TORNADO"

I read an article on on that. I guess Samuel L Jackson fought to keep the name. The movie was originally supposed to be titled 'Flight 337' or something. But then there's this whole movement of people who think all movies should be named based on what they are about. So their examples were like the movie 'It Could Happen to You' should have been titled 'Police officer gives waitress winning lottery ticket', and Forrest Gump should have been 'Special needs man overcomes adversity'. These people were super proud of this concept they were like 'We should know what a movie is about just by looking at the title'.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

FYI I just had sex with my wife and recreated scenes from the new Ghostbusters trailer to keep from busting my nut.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

FYI I just had sex with my wife and recreated scenes from the new Ghostbusters trailer to keep from busting my nut.

Careful. Those scenes in your head could become your new fetish.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If getting slapped around by Leslie Jones becomes my new fetish then it's good that the movie is coming out soon.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

"what is the face of a closeted man living in denial? #ProjectMurphy"

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

reallivedinosaur posted:

if chekhov is to be gay he needs to be like three olives gay

so crushed to death by an avalanche of empty k-cups?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Borden posted:

I read an article on on that. I guess Samuel L Jackson fought to keep the name. The movie was originally supposed to be titled 'Flight 337' or something. But then there's this whole movement of people who think all movies should be named based on what they are about. So their examples were like the movie 'It Could Happen to You' should have been titled 'Police officer gives waitress winning lottery ticket', and Forrest Gump should have been 'Special needs man overcomes adversity'. These people were super proud of this concept they were like 'We should know what a movie is about just by looking at the title'.

I don't remember a movement like that. I remember Samuel L Jackson saying that the only reason he joined the project was because of the title, and that's why he fought to keep it. It made him laugh.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Vhy is she dvipping vith goo?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Drunken Baker posted:

Vhy is she dvipping vith goo?

Hey man, after that, I wake up feeling like a million bucks.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Germstore posted:

In the time it took classic ghostbusters to trap one ghost the new and better ghostbusters can shoot over ten ghosts.

But they only make 75% of the money

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Typical Pubbie posted:

white ghost buster #1: spinning cartwheel ghost kill
white ghost buster #2: hockey move into a triple ghost kill
white ghost buster #3: john woo bustin' with dual wielded ghost guns
black ghost buster: saves one of the white ghost busters by falling over

I thought you were joking. Watched the clip. Wish I hadn't.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Paul Feig? More like Paul "Failed"

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

max4me posted:

156/36=4.3

Yo they've deffo made a movie with the same plot of MEGA MILK already.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

busting my nut.

did it make you feel good

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Just one week to go yall. Then the week after the new star trek opens and will probably stomp everything else

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

many johnnys posted:

I don't remember a movement like that. I remember Samuel L Jackson saying that the only reason he joined the project was because of the title, and that's why he fought to keep it. It made him laugh.

It was in the newspaper I think. They just interviewed some yahoos as newspapers tend to do.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I don't remember the original Ghostbusters looking like a cluster gently caress of effects when they dealt with ghosts. Those TV spots look pretty bad imo.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

I remember that lol couple weeks when snakes on a plane release day discussion was cordoned to only two approved megathreads under threat of a ban if you posted about it anywhere else

then there was fury over the fact that our own futuristic sex robots' single didn't make it into the movie, and the safe/generic rock song from a band called cobra starship mysteriously did

I had a really good time watching Snakes on a Plane in a second run theater with my dad who has an intense fear of snakes, he basically jumped out of his seat during the scene where the snake bites that dudes dick.

This film will probably not inspire good dad-related memories. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I don't remember ghostbusters doing rolls while shooting ghosts with proton beams. Based on the first two trailers I thought it would be a mildly amusing but forgettable comedy. After that last clip I think it might be a horrendously bad action movie.

• Locked thread