Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Data Graham posted:

the virgin powerlifter / the chad couch potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Gorman Thomas posted:

According to the IG post it's a PR at 375, which is pretty lol for an adult man who's been doing CrossFit for years.

Hehe, yeah, 375 is pretty lol for an adult man :dukedoge:

345 as of 8 weeks ago, have another 1rm PR day coming up though

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
More than I can lift. But I'm not a Trump so I'll take the trade-off.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

different dudes are different stronk

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

When I was 220lbs at 5'8" I thought I would look my best at 165 lbs or so. Now I'm 165 lbs I realize how optimistic I was. gently caress. I'm sick of always looking slightly pudgy no matter how much I weigh and how much I lift.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Something I never realized until recently, in the "chad memes" chad's head is literally the country of Chad

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

UnfurledSails posted:

When I was 220lbs at 5'8" I thought I would look my best at 165 lbs or so. Now I'm 165 lbs I realize how optimistic I was. gently caress. I'm sick of always looking slightly pudgy no matter how much I weigh and how much I lift.

It's always about 5ish lbs further than you think.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Abandon all hope you who are natty, you'll never look good

Embrace the fat, hail salami

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Metanaut posted:

Abandon all hope you who are natty, you'll never look good

Embrace the fat, hail salami

All I want in life is big, strong, droopy titties.

Hail Salami

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Something I never realized until recently, in the "chad memes" chad's head is literally the country of Chad

UnfurledSails posted:

I tricked myself into thinking I was like 20lbs away from looking awesome. I've lost 75+ and still feel like I've got a ways to go. Its because of how little muscle I've got on my upper body after years of cycling/running, but I still look bad with a shirt off at 6'5 and sub-200lbs. If only Donald Ducking was beach-appropriate.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Yeah a lot of people think that if they just lose weight they'll look good. This only happens to people with great genes and frames. For most normal folk they'll just look weak and soft with a shirt off

Muscle is the only path to greatness.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah. I probably don't neede to stay as heavy as I currently am. But, my pants size isn't changing and I love food. So I lift and I eat, and eventually the honeymoon will be over and I'll have to diet down.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

UnfurledSails posted:

Buff up to 170 for xmas and see.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

sassassin posted:

Buff up to 170 for xmas and see.

lol this sounds like a threat

but yeah I'm taking it easy until next year since I'll be taking the entirety of December off to visit my family back in Europe. I want to be around 170-175 max by Jan so that I can go for a cut and go down as lean as possible (155 ish) before building some muscle again. Until then it's just work out and don't eat like an idiot instead of eating ridiculously strictly like before

I actually tried bulking from 170 this year, when I was 20% bf already but I just looked strongfat and felt uncomfortable in my skin when I got to 185 or so, so I spent the last 4 months losing those 20 pounds

This poo poo is a goddamn grind sometimes So much effort for so little visible results

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Cutting sucks and I'm down to 210 so might as well go back to 220-225 over the course of 3 months. Then if I see real progress in my lifts I'll cut hardcore for 3 months so I can gain gain gain again.

My girlfriend makes a whining noise everytime I say I am going to gain weight at the end of November and that kinda makes me want to bulk even more.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 13, 2017

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Fartbox posted:

Yeah a lot of people think that if they just lose weight they'll look good. This only happens to people with great genes and frames. For most normal folk they'll just look weak and soft with a shirt off

Muscle is the only path to greatness.

At the very least I've gone from "looks bad with shirt on or off" to just "looks [less] bad with shirt off" which is a huge improvement.

Ideally I'd be bro lifting with maybe 1 day of legs with the rest of my leg energy spent riding my bike. Squatting heavy multiple times a week means I'm too sore to dish out pain on my group rides and thats half the fun.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Had a short shoulder day today. 30 min on the bike again while playing hearthstone, seated DB press 100x8x3, lat raise, upright row with ez curl bar, facepulls with vbar, smith machine seated press, shrugs using the curl machine, then some abs.

Went to get kbbq after and was severely disappointed that they only had the aged kimchi so I had a big solemn face on and the owner asked my wife if everything was ok and she told em I only like fresh kimchi so they gave me a big 5lb bag of fresh kimchi they just made to take home for free since I looked so unhappy. #blessed

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Going to Japan in 3 days, anyone know a gym in Osaka?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lift alcohol and ramen into your mouth

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

E_P posted:

seated DB press 100x8x3

I really want to know how big your shoulders are. Best I've managed is 1 rep of 195 barbell. I can't imagine 100 with dumbbells.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Defiant Sally posted:

Going to Japan in 3 days, anyone know a gym in Osaka?

I've heard that gyms in Japan don't really do day passes. How long will you be there for?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Anti-Hero posted:

I've heard that gyms in Japan don't really do day passes. How long will you be there for?

17 days. There's some Gold's in Osaka that do day passes for 2500 yen which is like $22.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Im a big chubby 250lb boy so 100s aint even a bodyweight press.

Defiant Sally posted:

17 days. There's some Gold's in Osaka that do day passes for 2500 yen which is like $22.
Idk about japan but out here in korea its cheaper to get a 1 month membership instead of day passes if ur gonna be there more then 3 days.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Man, I was super crampy tonight at the gym. The only thing I can think of is I ate healthy all day, no junk at all. Could it just be my body is used to having a lot of sodium so it just needs a day or two to adjust? Who knows. But I finally hit 185 for reps on bench. Even did it with a hamstring cramp, so no leg drive worth a poo poo.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
deadlifted 335 for 5 reps tonight :toot: every week is a new deadlift PR, I'll be crushed when I plateau.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I still have two hours on this shift and it's deadlift day and this poo poo FUCKIN SUCKS

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Man, I was super crampy tonight at the gym. The only thing I can think of is I ate healthy all day, no junk at all. Could it just be my body is used to having a lot of sodium so it just needs a day or two to adjust? Who knows. But I finally hit 185 for reps on bench. Even did it with a hamstring cramp, so no leg drive worth a poo poo.

A cramp is just extra tightness. Maybe it helped.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Worked out with my friend. She convinced me to do cardio at the end.

Rolled my ankle on the last lap, unsure if sprained.
Cardio: not even once.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

E_P posted:

Im a big chubby 250lb boy so 100s aint even a bodyweight press.

Idk about japan but out here in korea its cheaper to get a 1 month membership instead of day passes if ur gonna be there more then 3 days.

Nah I'll only be in Osaka three days. It looks like gym membys in Japan are upwards of $100/month O_O

I can stomach a one time drop in, just dont wanna fall off completely for 18 days.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'm leaving for Japan on Friday and I'll be doing hella bw squats in between bowls of udon and biru

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why's everyone going to Japan?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Anime

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also japan is just legit cool, and has amazing food.

also yeah i 100% sprained this thing. gently caress cardio right in its butthole.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

also yeah i 100% sprained this thing. gently caress cardio right in its butthole.

Bike or row, my friend.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Actual Japanese ramen is the best food in the world.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Got back in the gym today for the first time in 3+ weeks after recovering from pneumonia. Figured it'd make sense to restart from Day 1 Week 1 of an RP template that got interrupted because it'd be easy, right? Turns out I lost 11 lbs and all my strength. :negative:

On the bright side, at least now I can get sick newbie gains again right?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

Bike or row, my friend.

I rolled my ankle when I biked into a tree.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

bamhand posted:

I rolled my ankle when I biked into a tree.

Stationary. Stay in the safety of the gym.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Bike or row, my friend.

This is my usual M.O., but my friend is a runner who dabbles in lifting (when she works out with me), so I figured I'd humor her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Dong Quixote posted:

Got back in the gym today for the first time in 3+ weeks after recovering from pneumonia. Figured it'd make sense to restart from Day 1 Week 1 of an RP template that got interrupted because it'd be easy, right? Turns out I lost 11 lbs and all my strength. :negative:

On the bright side, at least now I can get sick newbie gains again right?

How did you lose 11 pounds in 3-4 weeks and not realize it?