Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
you can cook the baby with rice afterwards too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Risutora posted:

the rest of eu just deemed us a travel risk :rubby:

Not to worry, we just abolished travel advisories. :)

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Thoguh posted:

How over is COVID in everyone’s state and/or country today?

Clearly it was never real to begin with.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

weird how "staffing issues" in the cafeteria have started up again, just like last year around the same time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Covid is over. Now it's just the flu season.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

CovidFlu Season

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SKULL.GIF posted:

Covid is over. Now it's just Christmas season.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Got my flu vaccine yesterday. It was so strange to get a vaccine and have almost no reaction - just a dull muscle ache in the deltoid for a few hours lol

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Crazypoops posted:

I hate games that don't let you respec

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fireside Nut posted:

Got my flu vaccine yesterday. It was so strange to get a vaccine and have almost no reaction - just a dull muscle ache in the deltoid for a few hours lol

I got the booster in one shoulder and the flu in the other shoulder and this A/B test is really weird lol

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

SKULL.GIF posted:

I got the booster in one shoulder and the flu in the other shoulder and this A/B test is really weird lol

and didn't you have covid last year? imagine the titers...

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

how tf are people not mocking him relentlessly by calling him Dennis Plaguer

missed loving opportunity people cmon! step it up!!!

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-Paine posted:

It really lays bare how empty our lives are, that it's unthinkable to inconvenience yourself even slightly to save others from infection

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Dren posted:

I'm coming to see promotion of hybrid or natural immunity as eugenics takes, change my mind.

alwayshasbeen.png

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This is a violation of the babies body autonomy and freedom of choice.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Some say they are vaccinating for polio, others say they are enhancing the baby with a 15% salt solution to increase flavor and tenderness during cooking. Whose to say which is right?

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
love to be on hold with the unemployment claims office for an hour and then have a panic attack when the hold music dies for 15 seconds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

everywhere I go is 80%+ masking and vaccine mandates to enter any building. luckily schools are open though so COVID shall never leave. love that virus

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Covid vaccination policy at work just dropped. Everyone who works on federal contracts, whether in office or home, needs a vaxx. Interestingly, people who are not workong on federal projects but work in the same building as those who do, still need the vaxx. If you don't meet the deadline then you're put on paid leave for two weeks and after that considered voluntarily terminated. Surprisingly harsh. Of course it still allows religious exemptions which is just priming people to take advantage of that.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Thoguh posted:

(opening window and sticking hand outside) very over

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

love to be on hold with the unemployment claims office for an hour and then have a panic attack when the hold music dies for 15 seconds.

That sucks. Hope you feel better.

I can't even begin to articulate my searing hatred for the Cisco default hold music and would love for it to die forever, though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SplitSoul posted:

That sucks. Hope you feel better.

I can't even begin to articulate my searing hatred for the Cisco default hold music and would love for it to die forever, though.

I mean currently they think I owe them $11k I don't have so it's not great!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

T-Paine posted:

It really lays bare how empty our lives are, that it's unthinkable to inconvenience yourself even slightly to save others from infection

I've been social distancing since before Covid so it hasn't been hard on me outside of seeing the few people I keep in contact with reacting to this whole thing in the stupidest loving way possible

The human world holds little of interest and nothing of temptation to me now. :)

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

kreeningsons posted:

Covid vaccination policy at work just dropped. Everyone who works on federal contracts, whether in office or home, needs a vaxx. Interestingly, people who are not workong on federal projects but work in the same building as those who do, still need the vaxx. If you don't meet the deadline then you're put on paid leave for two weeks and after that considered voluntarily terminated. Surprisingly harsh. Of course it still allows religious exemptions which is just priming people to take advantage of that.

2 weeks paid leave before being fired? sounds like a prime way to get 13 vacation days and still keep your job

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Strep Vote posted:

The human world holds little of interest and nothing of temptation to me now. :)

lol the gooniest response ever

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

kreeningsons posted:

lol two weeks of unpaid leave isn't enough time to get fully vaccinated unless you can find the jnj slut juice

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

The Nastier Nate posted:

2 weeks paid leave before being fired? sounds like a prime way to get 13 vacation days and still keep your job

I can't imagine it's not actually "* Two weeks or however much PTO you have, whichever is less. Also if you come back, you've burned through your PTO."

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Vesi posted:

the june finland spike is because of couple of busloads of football fans from all over the country went to russia to see a match

went to russia packed into poorly ventilated buses and then spread around the country onto various midsummer festivals like a cluster bomb, lmao

all the while people were screaming about that exact thing happening, with the authorities sitting around staring dumbly. they didnt even manage to test all the fuckers at the border when everyone knew they were coming ffs. although the ones that got tested and popped positive still went to the festivals, lol

oh, and our cdc equivalent just decided that boosters are only for people over 60 and badly immunocompromised. i bet my diabetic rheumatic wife wont even be able to get one

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was anti-vax for missing my yearly flu vaccine before anti-vax was cool :cool:

(it was just laziness and not any real objection)

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 19, 2021

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Forseti posted:

I can't imagine it's not actually "* Two weeks or however much PTO you have, whichever is less. Also if you come back, you've burned through your PTO."

It's this, i think

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

pigz posted:

Some say they are vaccinating for polio, others say they are enhancing the baby with a 15% salt solution to increase flavor and tenderness during cooking. Whose to say which is right?

NYT: You are hired!

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

They can still fire you for insubordination even if you take the 14 day "vacation" also

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

COVID is very over at work, as long as you keep your magic mask in hand and only put it over your mouth when someone else can see you outside of your cubicle.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Louisgod posted:

i used to like alcohol and now I don't even feel like drinking anymore

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Palladium posted:

give it a bit. it always comes back around.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thoguh posted:

Town, 95% mask compliance, cases still trickling in; county 50% maybe, cases sliding but now plateaued.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Palladium posted:

same, I can barely finish a single beer by myself, it either makes me feel like poo poo or I get depressed. chalking this up as a huge win though seeing as my dad's a massive alcoholic and starts drinking at noon every day and is blasted by 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Louisgod posted:

It's like the definition of depression lol